Bootlegger

Bootlegger Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Trendy Atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMay 6, 2015
Pros: Loyalty to customers
Enjoyed working for a company that I had passion for. I was able to make excellent customer connections and provide customer satisfaction. Learned to lead a team and multitask and overcome the normal difficulties that occur every day. Learned to alter my path but not my goal. Learned how to conference call and discuss with the management chain and HR.
okay
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), red deerApril 27, 2015
NEEDS NEW MANGERMENT.. the manger would promise you something and then would give it to someone else front in your face
hours were okay
wages was good
Customer Service Oriented and well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: not enough training
Working at Bootlegger has been fun for me. As I am customer service oriented they are as well, and therefore has been a good fit for me. The manager is prompt with schedules and is always willing to compromise if something comes up. Although I do not believe that they give the time to really train their girls there right away, that would be there only downfall.
Productive and Fun Workplace in a Social Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 10, 2015
Great part-time place to work. Friendly people, they really care about their employees and their customers. They take the time to make sure you're comfortable in your situation and that you're the most educated that you can be on the products.
Absuletly amazing work envoriement and a wonderful company
Shift Manager/Sales Coach (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: staff, management, product
Cons: not enough hours
My first job was at bootlegger when I turned 16 as a part timer by the time I graduated high school I became a shift manager and a sales couch. I ended up moving to B.C in April 2014 and I had to give up my full time position, I'm back now but with me gone for so long they had no choice but to fill my position. This is a great company the management is very good and head office is very helpful. The product and company policies are also really good. I enjoyed every minute at Bootlegger.
Loved working there
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2015
stock and more stock
Did not learn anything. They didnt really teach me
Management was terrible
co workers were decent
hardest part was no breaks were given
Bootlegger: the place to be
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Working at bootlegger, has given me more opportunities to strengthen my customer service skills, and has also been a great learning experience. It has also taught me that maintaining a "family" aspect among emplyees is a strong asset to have within a company.
Fun place to work with new challenges every day
Shift Manager/Visual/Customer Service (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at Bootlegger consists of providing excellent customer service and building a memorable rapport with our clients. Creating new looks and working with visual components to portray the latest trends and showcase product lines. The management is still in the process of putting together a great team but I have no doubts it will all work out. The co-workers were diverse and fun to be around, they really contributed to the atmosphere of the store as a whole; friendly faces and colourful personalities. Overall the role in which i filled challenged me daily and gave me the drive to succeed and learn new things. I would have to say that the best part of my job was building a relationship with customers and having the satisfaction of knowing I made an impression and assisted in meeting their needs as a fellow consumer.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Welland, ONNovember 30, 2014
Throughout the duration thus far working for Bootlegger Canada, I have found that they thrive on a fun and active work environment. They as well strive to be a professional atmosphere.
Customer Service
Key holder/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 2, 2014
Constant customer service. I learnt how to manage employees and keep a clean store.
Fun Learning Work Place
Customer Service & Sales (Former Employee), Victoria BCAugust 29, 2014
Great place to work during school, learn how retail works. Not enough hours to live off of.
Fun workplace, And God place to learn customer service skills
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 27, 2014
Pros: dicount
Cons: not a set schedule
Greet and connect with the customers, also make sure the customer has a "Genuine and Remarkable Experience." Store sets and putting out new product while interacting with your customers, who are #1 on your list.
alright
Sales associate (Former Employee), Camrose, ABAugust 14, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: expectations are too high
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Fun and enthusiastic work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pickering,ONJuly 31, 2014
As a Bootlegger employer I have learned a lot about product knowledge and the affect it has on your sales. A typical day includes, informing customers on weekly promotions, new merchandise, and membership opportunities to increase the chance of catching great deals in the store. The management team does an excellent job encouraging the team to meet daily goals. To help encourage us, management usually does challenges ie; who can sell the most denim during their shift. These challenges usually result in a prize which motivates us to get to the customers and sell, sell, sell! The hardest part of the job is getting customers to find reason in the price but after getting them in the change room they see the quality of the clothing. My favourite part of working is interacting with a variety of people on daily basis and having fun at work with my enthusiastic co workers.
Great, friendly place to work
Full time Shift manager (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, social aspect
Cons: keeping up-to-date on clothing
A typical day at Bootlegger was always productive. There were slow days but we always made the most of our time, usually by cleaning, organizing, etc. In my time there I learned a lot about customers and their individual need as well as my own. I was able to work on time management and prioritizing, My management team was more then supportive and we all worked with constructive criticism.
My co-workers were possibly my favorite part of my job as we all worked together very well. I also found that the customers could either make my day or ruin it but my co-workers could always make me happy there.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: revolving staff
Trying on clothes was a perk to learning about the products. It helped to have a great discount. Depending on the management, a store could be a very fun place to work. The hardest part of the job was finding proper coverage for shifts-retail hours. The most enjoyable was helping clients find a suitable and comfortable outfit or article of clothing they would not normally be interested in.
Some customers had long inseams and Bootlegger was able to accommodate this for both women and men. Also, able to accommodate smallest and larger waist sizes ranging 24-40.
Best job ever
Sales associate (Former Employee), Salmon Arm, BCMarch 31, 2014
I learnt a lot about motivating teams, opening/closing the store, visual, stock. The management team was excellent.
Great company
Visual Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 11, 2014
Excellent management, great team to work with!
Always busy and on your toes. Monthly store flips were a great challenge especially with all the old hardware and shelving.
Was awesome.
Fun place to meet new people and stay on your feet
Customer Service and Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABDecember 2, 2013
Pros: staff discount
Cons: shift work
A typical day at work consisted of providing customer service to those looking to buy new clothes for themselves or as a gift. We had help the customer find the outfit or clothing piece they were looking for and also try to sell additional items on the side to raise our selling scores. The managers were very encouraging and optimistic. The hardest party of the job was to try and deal with standing all day long.
Feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 6, 2013
Pros: good people, treated like family.
Cons: long hours, unfair days off.
The management team is amazing, they are encouraging, caring, and all around fun to be working with and for. Although, hours were unfair to certain staff. Promised days off were not met, work/life balance was not even. The co-workers like the management team are a blast to work for, its like a family.