Bootlegger Employee Reviews in Canada

Worst management/co-workers/job work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJune 14, 2016
My worst work experience ever by far. The only positive aspect of the job was the discounts you got on their clothing... Management was terrible as they did not offer proper training and they got super angry when I tried my best, most of the co-workers were immature and had a bad attitude even though they were older than me and acted very unprofessional...Not a good experience at all. I never felt I was good at the job even though I tried my best and followed the "training" they provided closely.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but the benefits
Horrible place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJuly 16, 2016
A lot of hypocrisy regarding management and sales associates, shamed when you call in sick, impossible to get requested time off.
Management very unprofessional and refuses to do typical requirements of management such as hiring and firing and disciplining.
I'm sure with better management it would be a much better place to work.
Bootlegger
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
I love the staff at Bootlegger they are all amazing. The management is very kind and work very well adjusting my work schedule to my school schedule. Unfortunately they can not offer me the full time hours for them summer.
On a typical day I would help customers find what they need. I try to get everyone in those perfect jeans that make you feel amazing. I also work as a cashier at bootlegger or in the fitting rooms.
I always try to make a connection with my customers because I find I can really assist them if we have that connection.
Pros
management is amazing
Cons
not enough hours
Opportunities to make great connections with customers, room for growth, poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
When I go to work I help customers find merchandise that they are looking for, let them in to fitting rooms, grab more sizes if they need it, and I am also a cashier there. The staff is very team oriented which is super helpful, but the store manager only gives negative feedback and is very passive aggressive which can make it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. I love the fact that I can connect with customers and help them find what they are looking for. Over all it is a Decent place to work at, but the store manager is negative and doesn't take responsibility for her own actions.
Productive, energetic, encouraging environment to work in
Sales Consultant/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 1, 2016
A typical shift at bootlegger would consist of greeting customers, making a connection, building rapport, asking discovery questions to determine customer needs. Building the best solution for the customer. Co-workers loved working there, as did I. The shifts were always fun and never felt like "work".
Fun place to work, but company has been restructured multiple times and generally doesn't value the point of contact employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BCJune 14, 2016
Having been with the company for a number of years and gone through the opening and closing of a store or two, we found out just how valuable we were as store staff: Easily replaceable, poorly paid and expected to sell product that was not popular/in style.

The store's culture is what made everything livable (since the wages were barely over minimum). We had an amazing team in most of our stores and people enjoyed working with each other.

Head office employed a number of people that were very out of touch with current styles and trends on more then half of the merch we sold, so we would be constantly selling the same product year after year in different colors, which doesn't work well int he fashion/clothing industry.
The company has gone through three President/CEO's in the last three years.
Pros
Worked with good people, discount was good
Cons
No job security, Non-competitive wages, unrealistic expectations with poor product selection
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, ABJune 7, 2016
Everyone is friendly, can be a fast paced environment. Staff are knowledgeable and willing to teach the new staff what to do and how to do it. Joking lots but serious when it needs to be
Fun workplace
Sales associate - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2016
Folding products and selling the merchandise while advising customers what outfits go with the accessorizes that we sell in the shop
Pros
staff were nice
Cons
only five hour days
Great place to network and develop
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Bootlegger is a place that allows you to be your genuine self in an open and honest environment. It has room for growth within the store and has many learning/coaching opportunities.
Pros
Discount and culture
Fun Place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work, co-workers all get along, enjoy going to work, never want to leave. Learned customer service skills, including how to connect with customers personally to help them to maximum potential.
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABNovember 5, 2015
a typical day at this job for myself would be communicating with the public/customers. Working with different group of people everyday was nice, the hardest part of the job was trying to figure out the best fit and outfit for my customers as just going by what they chose for the change room and by how they acted.
Charismatic people, friendly enviornment and enjoyable day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 24, 2015
Very talkative, fast paced and energetic. There is always something to do and people to help. We start the day by getting pumped up by the managers with them telling us the sale quota, the sales of the day and our daily tasks, then they assign us our positions for the day and we enthusiastically take the day by storm
Pros
Active, charismic
Cons
Standing for hours
Horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaSeptember 29, 2015
Management needs to be adjusted. They are unfair and trash talk about their employees to other employees. Manager threatened to have me never work in retail again after I called in sick after quitting
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Horrible management, high expectations
Great selling environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work would depend on the day it was. Weekends were much busier then weekdays, as southcenter mall is one of the slow malls. I learned how to sell in retail, and to give customers a great experience with my help and understanding. The management was very great and understanding as well as the co-workers. This is one of the best jobs I have had, and suits me well
Pros
great discount and flexible hours
N/A
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 26, 2015
Always accepting to scheduling. Warm and welcoming not only with customer's but employees as well. Great experience working here, also very good for beginner's in retail :)
Easy Job (if you have a personality) , short hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 20, 2015
Great management, bad position. Retails just hard to work in in general because you get things like 3-5 hour shifts max unless you are a manager, but if you do work retail or that suits your life, Bootlegger literally is a good as it gets. Especially considering their return policy is 100% ;)
Pros
build lots of tangible skills. Lots of fun
Cons
short hours
Fun Trendy Atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed working for a company that I had passion for. I was able to make excellent customer connections and provide customer satisfaction. Learned to lead a team and multitask and overcome the normal difficulties that occur every day. Learned to alter my path but not my goal. Learned how to conference call and discuss with the management chain and HR.
Pros
Loyalty to customers
Customer Service Oriented and well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCFebruary 25, 2015
Working at Bootlegger has been fun for me. As I am customer service oriented they are as well, and therefore has been a good fit for me. The manager is prompt with schedules and is always willing to compromise if something comes up. Although I do not believe that they give the time to really train their girls there right away, that would be there only downfall.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
not enough training
Absuletly amazing work envoriement and a wonderful company
Shift Manager/Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 8, 2015
My first job was at bootlegger when I turned 16 as a part timer by the time I graduated high school I became a shift manager and a sales couch. I ended up moving to B.C in April 2014 and I had to give up my full time position, I'm back now but with me gone for so long they had no choice but to fill my position. This is a great company the management is very good and head office is very helpful. The product and company policies are also really good. I enjoyed every minute at Bootlegger.
Pros
staff, management, product
Cons
not enough hours
Great company to work for!
Shift Supervisor: Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Bootlegger, I learned a lot about the retail world. The company encouraged you to sell their product with great reward when reaching certain goals.

2.9