Bootlegger Employee Reviews in Canada

Opportunities to make great connections with customers, room for growth, poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2016
When I go to work I help customers find merchandise that they are looking for, let them in to fitting rooms, grab more sizes if they need it, and I am also a cashier there. The staff is very team oriented which is super helpful, but the store manager only gives negative feedback and is very passive aggressive which can make it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. I love the fact that I can connect with customers and help them find what they are looking for. Over all it is a Decent place to work at, but the store manager is negative and doesn't take responsibility for her own actions.
Productive, energetic, encouraging environment to work in
Sales Consultant/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLMarch 1, 2016
A typical shift at bootlegger would consist of greeting customers, making a connection, building rapport, asking discovery questions to determine customer needs. Building the best solution for the customer. Co-workers loved working there, as did I. The shifts were always fun and never felt like "work".
Great place to network and develop
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 19, 2016
Bootlegger is a place that allows you to be your genuine self in an open and honest environment. It has room for growth within the store and has many learning/coaching opportunities.
Pros
Discount and culture
Fun Place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to work, co-workers all get along, enjoy going to work, never want to leave. Learned customer service skills, including how to connect with customers personally to help them to maximum potential.
Productive & Fun Place To Work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABNovember 5, 2015
a typical day at this job for myself would be communicating with the public/customers. Working with different group of people everyday was nice, the hardest part of the job was trying to figure out the best fit and outfit for my customers as just going by what they chose for the change room and by how they acted.
N/A
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCOctober 26, 2015
Always accepting to scheduling. Warm and welcoming not only with customer's but employees as well. Great experience working here, also very good for beginner's in retail :)
Horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaSeptember 29, 2015
Management needs to be adjusted. They are unfair and trash talk about their employees to other employees. Manager threatened to have me never work in retail again after I called in sick after quitting
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Horrible management, high expectations
Charismatic people, friendly enviornment and enjoyable day
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABAugust 24, 2015
Very talkative, fast paced and energetic. There is always something to do and people to help. We start the day by getting pumped up by the managers with them telling us the sale quota, the sales of the day and our daily tasks, then they assign us our positions for the day and we enthusiastically take the day by storm
Pros
Active, charismic
Cons
Standing for hours
Great company to work for!
Shift Supervisor: Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Bootlegger, I learned a lot about the retail world. The company encouraged you to sell their product with great reward when reaching certain goals.
Great selling environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
A typical day at work would depend on the day it was. Weekends were much busier then weekdays, as southcenter mall is one of the slow malls. I learned how to sell in retail, and to give customers a great experience with my help and understanding. The management was very great and understanding as well as the co-workers. This is one of the best jobs I have had, and suits me well
Pros
great discount and flexible hours
Do not work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 19, 2015
Lots of hostility, horrible management, rude customers, horibble hours, horrible pay. All in all, if you could summarize be degraded everyday at a bad job it would be this one.
Pros
Cons
All of them
Easy Job (if you have a personality) , short hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 20, 2015
Great management, bad position. Retails just hard to work in in general because you get things like 3-5 hour shifts max unless you are a manager, but if you do work retail or that suits your life, Bootlegger literally is a good as it gets. Especially considering their return policy is 100% ;)
Pros
build lots of tangible skills. Lots of fun
Cons
short hours
Fun Trendy Atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed working for a company that I had passion for. I was able to make excellent customer connections and provide customer satisfaction. Learned to lead a team and multitask and overcome the normal difficulties that occur every day. Learned to alter my path but not my goal. Learned how to conference call and discuss with the management chain and HR.
Pros
Loyalty to customers
okay
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  red deerApril 27, 2015
NEEDS NEW MANGERMENT.. the manger would promise you something and then would give it to someone else front in your face
hours were okay
wages was good
Customer Service Oriented and well organized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCFebruary 25, 2015
Working at Bootlegger has been fun for me. As I am customer service oriented they are as well, and therefore has been a good fit for me. The manager is prompt with schedules and is always willing to compromise if something comes up. Although I do not believe that they give the time to really train their girls there right away, that would be there only downfall.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
not enough training
Productive and Fun Workplace in a Social Environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 10, 2015
Great part-time place to work. Friendly people, they really care about their employees and their customers. They take the time to make sure you're comfortable in your situation and that you're the most educated that you can be on the products.
Absuletly amazing work envoriement and a wonderful company
Shift Manager/Sales Coach (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 8, 2015
My first job was at bootlegger when I turned 16 as a part timer by the time I graduated high school I became a shift manager and a sales couch. I ended up moving to B.C in April 2014 and I had to give up my full time position, I'm back now but with me gone for so long they had no choice but to fill my position. This is a great company the management is very good and head office is very helpful. The product and company policies are also really good. I enjoyed every minute at Bootlegger.
Pros
staff, management, product
Cons
not enough hours
Loved working there
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 7, 2015
stock and more stock
Did not learn anything. They didnt really teach me
Management was terrible
co workers were decent
hardest part was no breaks were given
Bootlegger: the place to be
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Working at bootlegger, has given me more opportunities to strengthen my customer service skills, and has also been a great learning experience. It has also taught me that maintaining a "family" aspect among emplyees is a strong asset to have within a company.
Fun place to work with new challenges every day
Shift Manager/Visual/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABDecember 1, 2014
A typical day at Bootlegger consists of providing excellent customer service and building a memorable rapport with our clients. Creating new looks and working with visual components to portray the latest trends and showcase product lines. The management is still in the process of putting together a great team but I have no doubts it will all work out. The co-workers were diverse and fun to be around, they really contributed to the atmosphere of the store as a whole; friendly faces and colourful personalities. Overall the role in which i filled challenged me daily and gave me the drive to succeed and learn new things. I would have to say that the best part of my job was building a relationship with customers and having the satisfaction of knowing I made an impression and assisted in meeting their needs as a fellow consumer.