Bootlegger Employee Reviews

Good Staff
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 November 2017
The staff here were very nice and helpful. Management was a different story. Very few hours for students. Students treated like second class citizens,
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Bad mamagement
Mostly fun work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 November 2017
This job has given me many life skills and has left me with some lifelong friends. It was fun most of the time but more towards the end of my time here, I found that the workplace community wasn't as stable as I originally thought. For the most part, it was easy to love this job but there were complications brought to my attention after being there for a while. There was a struggle for professionalism some days but overall, a pretty good job.
Pros
Discount on store merchandise, life skills
Cons
lack of professionalism, not a lot of hours
I love the people
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
Great work environment, the thing that sucked the most was the customers. lovely people, simple job. great first job experience. I recommend this as a starter job.
Amazing workplace and atmosphere
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 October 2017
Working for Bootlegger is an awesome experience. They truly care about their employees as well as their customers. They are passionate about their culture and they are always willing to train employees for advancement!
Small division of the Comark Brand. A brand that seems to be unsure of its direction. The assortment is good however could be better.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 September 2017
The culture is selling and merchandising. The main feature is denim.There is not much development however there is training that comes with selling and selling of denim.
Great workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 September 2017
Great workplace, loved my co workers, work was fun and enjoyable. very flexible scheduling when needed. Learnt great people skills and how to assist others.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
the skin care kiosk outside of the store
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 August 2017
A typical day would be helping customers find clothes and accessorize their outfits. I learned how to handle money as well as more customer service skills. Everyone at bootlegger made you feel welcome and it was always like a big family. The hardest days for me was the early mornings when we got new shipment in. I loved talking with customers and helping them accessorize, it was the best part of my day.
Pros
50% off our clothes
Cons
not enough hours
fun place to work
Key Holder/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 August 2017
great first time job, merchandising, add on sales, can be slow at times, ability to be creative in displays, lots of opportunity for advancement, some managers too young
yasss
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 July 2017
so i worked at two different location the first one i loved so much i was so lucky to have an amazing crew and a even better manager who was sometimes hard on us but thats why we are all such great sales now benifits were awesome holliday pay every pay day days off were easy amazing discount so much fun
Pros
team pay paid sick days vacation pay discount
Cons
not paid lunches every story had differnt training some had almost none
Outdated styles, clique-y employees and managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 June 2017
I am so happy I got to experience working at bootlegger. I had invaluable training in retail as well as the opportunity to meet some amazing people. However the company is struggling to provide their customers with new and trendy product which in turn makes it difficult as an employee to sell. How can I justify to my customer that spending $50 on an ugly floral shirt I wouldn't even buy nor wear is worth it? I can't. Especially when it's the same ugly floral shirt they bought last year in a different colour. The company makes it extremely hard for the sales associates to sell product they don't stand behind or feel good about. In addition to it being very hard to push the customers into buying outdated product you also go into work and everyone's clique-y. They take 'bootlegger' group photos in which only a select few are invited to participate in, as well as gather and gossip about each other. The people I made friends with were like me. We were outcasts it felt like. The misfits. I would not work in bootlegger again even though I did gain a lot of great experience and some amazing friends.
Pros
Discounts, Training, Raises
Cons
Favouritism, Cliques, Hours
Great company to work for.
Shift Lead/ Key Holder/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC28 April 2017
Work environment is cheerful and fun.
You build excellent commnuication and time management skills. You create bonds with your team that will last forever.
Benefits and employee discounts are awesome.
Management, HR, and the bosses are fabulous people,

This company is an excellent place for those seeking employment for the first time. Flexible with school hours or if you need time off for other reasons. Great work hours with great people.
Pros
Discounts
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL2 April 2017
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with the public and making sales. I learned how to be able interact with people who I did not know. Hardest part of the job was sometimes it was really slow. Best part was the discounts and the working environment.
Great customer service teams to work with
Full time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
- always had something to do everyday, you were not always doing the same thing all day everyday. was able to experience different parts of the store and gain experience.
Easy going environment, friendly co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
* Responsible for balancing cash intake during shifts.

* Ensure end of day till counts were equivalent to the start of day inventory

* Managing the sales counter by providing receipts, issuing refunds, exchanged and credit notes

* Ensuring store details by keeping inventory organized

* Promoting sale items by making fashion recommendation to customer.
Pros
Discounts on the products
Cons
Very slow, not so busy.
awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
loved working here had alot of fun as well as learned alot of new things as well as was high energy and made a couple of friends
Great manger and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2017
Everyday was great since I was able to interact with new people, I enjoyed making people happy with simple compliments. I learned how to work with difficult people and I worked on my customer service skills.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 January 2017
It's a fun place to work if you enjoy interacting with people from the community. You get to learn about the products that you sell. The management and the co-workers are super nice and caring people. The hardest part about this job is having to memorize all the sales. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with people that I usually wouldn't.
Pros
Getting to learn
productive and fun
retail clerk (Former Employee) –  clagary27 December 2016
It was ok to work there but not enough hours in Marlborough Mall latter to find out they move the store to Sunridge latter to find out we didnt have a job anymore .
Pros
close to my home to go to work
Cons
didnt stay open long enough
Seasonal
Seasonal Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 December 2016
I have been employed for a few weeks now, was hired as a temporary seasonal employee.

Fun place to work!................
Management and employees are all friendly and welcoming! ..........
: )
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 October 2016
it was a good place for me too learn retail and make friends we used to have a lot fun working together and I actually liked going to work!