Bootlegger Employee Reviews

yasss
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK6 July 2017
so i worked at two different location the first one i loved so much i was so lucky to have an amazing crew and a even better manager who was sometimes hard on us but thats why we are all such great sales now benifits were awesome holliday pay every pay day days off were easy amazing discount so much fun
Pros
team pay paid sick days vacation pay discount
Cons
not paid lunches every story had differnt training some had almost none
Outdated styles, clique-y employees and managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB19 June 2017
I am so happy I got to experience working at bootlegger. I had invaluable training in retail as well as the opportunity to meet some amazing people. However the company is struggling to provide their customers with new and trendy product which in turn makes it difficult as an employee to sell. How can I justify to my customer that spending $50 on an ugly floral shirt I wouldn't even buy nor wear is worth it? I can't. Especially when it's the same ugly floral shirt they bought last year in a different colour. The company makes it extremely hard for the sales associates to sell product they don't stand behind or feel good about. In addition to it being very hard to push the customers into buying outdated product you also go into work and everyone's clique-y. They take 'bootlegger' group photos in which only a select few are invited to participate in, as well as gather and gossip about each other. The people I made friends with were like me. We were outcasts it felt like. The misfits. I would not work in bootlegger again even though I did gain a lot of great experience and some amazing friends.
Pros
Discounts, Training, Raises
Cons
Favouritism, Cliques, Hours
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL2 April 2017
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with the public and making sales. I learned how to be able interact with people who I did not know. Hardest part of the job was sometimes it was really slow. Best part was the discounts and the working environment.
Great customer service teams to work with
Full time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
- always had something to do everyday, you were not always doing the same thing all day everyday. was able to experience different parts of the store and gain experience.
Easy going environment, friendly co-workers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
* Responsible for balancing cash intake during shifts.

* Ensure end of day till counts were equivalent to the start of day inventory

* Managing the sales counter by providing receipts, issuing refunds, exchanged and credit notes

* Ensuring store details by keeping inventory organized

* Promoting sale items by making fashion recommendation to customer.
Pros
Discounts on the products
Cons
Very slow, not so busy.
awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
loved working here had alot of fun as well as learned alot of new things as well as was high energy and made a couple of friends
Great manger and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2017
Everyday was great since I was able to interact with new people, I enjoyed making people happy with simple compliments. I learned how to work with difficult people and I worked on my customer service skills.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 January 2017
It's a fun place to work if you enjoy interacting with people from the community. You get to learn about the products that you sell. The management and the co-workers are super nice and caring people. The hardest part about this job is having to memorize all the sales. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with people that I usually wouldn't.
Pros
Getting to learn
productive and fun
retail clerk (Former Employee) –  clagary27 December 2016
It was ok to work there but not enough hours in Marlborough Mall latter to find out they move the store to Sunridge latter to find out we didnt have a job anymore .
Pros
close to my home to go to work
Cons
didnt stay open long enough
Seasonal
Seasonal Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 December 2016
I have been employed for a few weeks now, was hired as a temporary seasonal employee.

Fun place to work!................
Management and employees are all friendly and welcoming! ..........
: )
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 October 2016
it was a good place for me too learn retail and make friends we used to have a lot fun working together and I actually liked going to work!
Good starting place to work at. Great job for learning customer service skills, and getting to work in the fashion industry
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaway Mall5 October 2016
Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Pros
Manager would always bring baked good for staff.
Cons
Some employees wouldn't make new employees feel welcome.
Horrible place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 July 2016
A lot of hypocrisy regarding management and sales associates, shamed when you call in sick, impossible to get requested time off.
Management very unprofessional and refuses to do typical requirements of management such as hiring and firing and disciplining.
I'm sure with better management it would be a much better place to work.
Hard working and fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 July 2016
A typical day at work with fun, hardworking co-workers. good-training, work is easy to learn. There's always work to be done, assistant manager is awesome
Worst management/co-workers/job work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 June 2016
My worst work experience ever by far. The only positive aspect of the job was the discounts you got on their clothing... Management was terrible as they did not offer proper training and they got super angry when I tried my best, most of the co-workers were immature and had a bad attitude even though they were older than me and acted very unprofessional...Not a good experience at all. I never felt I was good at the job even though I tried my best and followed the "training" they provided closely.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but the benefits
Fun place to work, but company has been restructured multiple times and generally doesn't value the point of contact employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 June 2016
Having been with the company for a number of years and gone through the opening and closing of a store or two, we found out just how valuable we were as store staff: Easily replaceable, poorly paid and expected to sell product that was not popular/in style.

The store's culture is what made everything livable (since the wages were barely over minimum). We had an amazing team in most of our stores and people enjoyed working with each other.

Head office employed a number of people that were very out of touch with current styles and trends on more then half of the merch we sold, so we would be constantly selling the same product year after year in different colors, which doesn't work well int he fashion/clothing industry.
The company has gone through three President/CEO's in the last three years.
Pros
Worked with good people, discount was good
Cons
No job security, Non-competitive wages, unrealistic expectations with poor product selection
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB7 June 2016
Everyone is friendly, can be a fast paced environment. Staff are knowledgeable and willing to teach the new staff what to do and how to do it. Joking lots but serious when it needs to be
Bootlegger
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
I love the staff at Bootlegger they are all amazing. The management is very kind and work very well adjusting my work schedule to my school schedule. Unfortunately they can not offer me the full time hours for them summer.
On a typical day I would help customers find what they need. I try to get everyone in those perfect jeans that make you feel amazing. I also work as a cashier at bootlegger or in the fitting rooms.
I always try to make a connection with my customers because I find I can really assist them if we have that connection.
Pros
management is amazing
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Sales associate - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2016
Folding products and selling the merchandise while advising customers what outfits go with the accessorizes that we sell in the shop
Pros
staff were nice
Cons
only five hour days