Bootlegger Employee Reviews

awesome job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2017
loved working here had alot of fun as well as learned alot of new things as well as was high energy and made a couple of friends
Great manger and staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB31 January 2017
Everyday was great since I was able to interact with new people, I enjoyed making people happy with simple compliments. I learned how to work with difficult people and I worked on my customer service skills.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 January 2017
It's a fun place to work if you enjoy interacting with people from the community. You get to learn about the products that you sell. The management and the co-workers are super nice and caring people. The hardest part about this job is having to memorize all the sales. The most enjoyable part of this job is getting to interact with people that I usually wouldn't.
Pros
Getting to learn
Great Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC2 January 2017
High pressure but great support to get you where you need to be. New President who is very involved, which is rare & so appreciated! Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Team Incentives, Family, Customers
Cons
High Pressure
productive and fun
retail clerk (Former Employee) –  clagary27 December 2016
It was ok to work there but not enough hours in Marlborough Mall latter to find out they move the store to Sunridge latter to find out we didnt have a job anymore .
Pros
close to my home to go to work
Cons
didnt stay open long enough
Seasonal
Seasonal Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 December 2016
I have been employed for a few weeks now, was hired as a temporary seasonal employee.

Fun place to work!................
Management and employees are all friendly and welcoming! ..........
: )
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 October 2016
it was a good place for me too learn retail and make friends we used to have a lot fun working together and I actually liked going to work!
Good starting place to work at. Great job for learning customer service skills, and getting to work in the fashion industry
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaway Mall5 October 2016
Great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Pros
Manager would always bring baked good for staff.
Cons
Some employees wouldn't make new employees feel welcome.
Horrible place to work
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 July 2016
A lot of hypocrisy regarding management and sales associates, shamed when you call in sick, impossible to get requested time off.
Management very unprofessional and refuses to do typical requirements of management such as hiring and firing and disciplining.
I'm sure with better management it would be a much better place to work.
Hard working and fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 July 2016
A typical day at work with fun, hardworking co-workers. good-training, work is easy to learn. There's always work to be done, assistant manager is awesome
Worst management/co-workers/job work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB14 June 2016
My worst work experience ever by far. The only positive aspect of the job was the discounts you got on their clothing... Management was terrible as they did not offer proper training and they got super angry when I tried my best, most of the co-workers were immature and had a bad attitude even though they were older than me and acted very unprofessional...Not a good experience at all. I never felt I was good at the job even though I tried my best and followed the "training" they provided closely.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but the benefits
Fun place to work, but company has been restructured multiple times and generally doesn't value the point of contact employees
Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC14 June 2016
Having been with the company for a number of years and gone through the opening and closing of a store or two, we found out just how valuable we were as store staff: Easily replaceable, poorly paid and expected to sell product that was not popular/in style.

The store's culture is what made everything livable (since the wages were barely over minimum). We had an amazing team in most of our stores and people enjoyed working with each other.

Head office employed a number of people that were very out of touch with current styles and trends on more then half of the merch we sold, so we would be constantly selling the same product year after year in different colors, which doesn't work well int he fashion/clothing industry.
The company has gone through three President/CEO's in the last three years.
Pros
Worked with good people, discount was good
Cons
No job security, Non-competitive wages, unrealistic expectations with poor product selection
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Balzac, AB7 June 2016
Everyone is friendly, can be a fast paced environment. Staff are knowledgeable and willing to teach the new staff what to do and how to do it. Joking lots but serious when it needs to be
Bootlegger
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
I love the staff at Bootlegger they are all amazing. The management is very kind and work very well adjusting my work schedule to my school schedule. Unfortunately they can not offer me the full time hours for them summer.
On a typical day I would help customers find what they need. I try to get everyone in those perfect jeans that make you feel amazing. I also work as a cashier at bootlegger or in the fitting rooms.
I always try to make a connection with my customers because I find I can really assist them if we have that connection.
Pros
management is amazing
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Sales associate - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2016
Folding products and selling the merchandise while advising customers what outfits go with the accessorizes that we sell in the shop
Pros
staff were nice
Cons
only five hour days
Opportunities to make great connections with customers, room for growth, poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2016
When I go to work I help customers find merchandise that they are looking for, let them in to fitting rooms, grab more sizes if they need it, and I am also a cashier there. The staff is very team oriented which is super helpful, but the store manager only gives negative feedback and is very passive aggressive which can make it difficult to maintain a positive attitude. I love the fact that I can connect with customers and help them find what they are looking for. Over all it is a Decent place to work at, but the store manager is negative and doesn't take responsibility for her own actions.
Productive, energetic, encouraging environment to work in
Sales Consultant/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 March 2016
A typical shift at bootlegger would consist of greeting customers, making a connection, building rapport, asking discovery questions to determine customer needs. Building the best solution for the customer. Co-workers loved working there, as did I. The shifts were always fun and never felt like "work".
Great place to network and develop
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2016
Bootlegger is a place that allows you to be your genuine self in an open and honest environment. It has room for growth within the store and has many learning/coaching opportunities.
Pros
Discount and culture
Fun Place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2016
Great place to work, co-workers all get along, enjoy going to work, never want to leave. Learned customer service skills, including how to connect with customers personally to help them to maximum potential.

2.9