Job Objective: assist the manager to maximize sales and profits by achieving sales goals, ensuring excellent customer service is provided at all times, and maintaining all aspects of the day to day operations of the store. Oversee store operations and personnel in the absence of the manager.
Job Qualifications: proven sales ability, good communication skills and the ability to provide leadership to other associates are required.
Major Job Functions:
- achieves profit goals by assisting the manager in ensuring the associates and team are aware of daily and weekly productivity goals as well as controlling store expenses
- provides excellent customer service and a comfortable shopping atmosphere through leadership by example and assuring the manager with training and developing others
- leads by example in all responsibilities by showing self control and stability in behavior and communicates and behaves in a positive, professional manner at all times
- assists the manager with selecting quality associates by effectively recruiting and interviewing
- trains and develops associates by assisting the manager with orientating, training and coaching
- monitors store operations and personnel in the absence of management by completing opening and closing procedures, providing feedback to the manager regarding store issues and ensuring associates are effectively carrying out their job responsibilities
- controls inventory shrinkage by ensuring all customers receive excellent customer service, all operations and record keeping standards, policies, and procedures are followed; and any internal theft suspicions are communicated to store manager or bdl
- maintains store operations standards b ensuring accurate, timely processes with the following policies and procedures: opening and closing, markdowns, point of sale transactions and forms, etc
- visually presents and signs merchandise on the sales floor by following the standards provided
- develops merchandise knowledge by reading, shopping the competition, listening to information provided and shares this knowledge with others
- maintains the store appearance by ensuring merchandise is straightened and the store is clean
- stocks the store by ensuring new merchandise is unpacked and properly placed on the sales floor in a timely manner