Booster Juice Employee Reviews

Not an open minded or friendly environment; easy work.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 February 2018
Seemed rather close minded towards other genders, and any individualism. Was scolded and treated differently after having a panic attack during one shift. If you're not a "favourite" management would gossip about you to other staff and customers. A lot of negative energy in the workplace.
Pros
free smoothies, great customers, easy work.
Cons
negative energy, treated poorly for being different.
Booster Juice
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Booster juice is a franchised company. The experience will differ from owner to owner. The one i worked at, the owner sold it now, but at the time it was great!
Small place
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2018
Small business, but you are always busy.Gets busy around noon and weekends. Nice team , very helpful and you make new friends. Most of your time will be cleaning around the store.
Easy to learn about making smoothies and making food.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Shawnessy, AB10 February 2018
First this is my first job so im so glad that they hired me and also Im almost 1 year here working, so far it’s good to work here because of my co-workers.
Productive and Fun Place
Manager (Full -time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
It is a very good place to work where you meet people from all around the place. Learn to manage your time as well as makes your speaking skills much better as you have to deal with customers. Always make sure how you behave and what you can do that represents your company Brand respectably.
Pros
Free Healthy Drinks
Cons
Lots of walking Around
Best environment to work, good employer.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
Good company to be with with fixed shifts. Great teamwork as I learn and train in good environment. Management is really helpful with all team members.
Pros
Best customer skill learning.
Cons
Less benefits.
Fun, friendly work space
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
*Morning Shift*

-Turning on grills
-Taking out vegetables
-Opening the store
-Taking customers orders
-Maintaining stores cleanliness
-Putting away shipment (produce, grab n' go)
Pros
Decent lunchs
Cons
Narrow-minded, disrespectful, temperamental management.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 January 2018
Management extremely unprofessional, fighting with each other in front of staff and customers; treated some employees really well and others were completely disrespected. They would get mad and fly off the handle over little things; very close minded towards some groups of people. Coworkers would gang up and bully other staff that they didn't like, yelling at and calling by rude derogatory names, continuously throwing away labeled belongings of others', etc.

Regular customers were great and super friendly, most know staff by names, and took an interest in their lives and well being.
Pros
free smoothies
Cons
extremely negative environment
Was a server at YVR
Smoothie and food prep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 January 2018
Everything was fine until we got a new manager who would be chill one day, then be strict the next. I could not take this random behavior and left promptly afterwards for a better career.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Pay, hours, location.
Workplace
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2018
It is an alright place to work. The staff are professional but also very reliable. Overall a 6/10 for a great place to work. Customers were very regular. fast pace mostly
could not get a life with this company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
The amount of work that was asked to do with amount of pay was the worst. The problem is not the product or the company was how franchisees paid there manager expected more then they were willing to pay a person.
learned more about cleaning
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB21 January 2018
Booster Juice was a good job at the time, i cleaned the store and dishes when people would would a chance. i had lots of fun while working, environment wasn't great.
Cons
not enough
Working at Booster Juice
Smoothie Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2018
My experience at Booster Juice is really great. I definitely learned a lot over the past 3 years i've been working there. The staff are great, fun to be around as you goof off with each other. The customers are great too; some not too great, you can't really please everyone. It's a fun environment to be in. It does get pretty loud with all drinks getting blended up. It's not a very hard job once you get the hang of it. Management is alright at it's best. They definitely have room to improve in time. I would say the hardest part of the job, for me probably would be remembering how to make everything and answering customers questions. I would recommend Booster Juice as a place to work.
Pros
Free smoothies
the most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
The most enjoyable part about this job is that you get to work with the public. Also i like to make the smoothies which is the top thing you do there. it is very fun yo make and try new smoothies
Good job for students
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 January 2018
This job requires you to take orders, make smoothies and clean (wash dishes, mop). Management here was terrible and non-communicative. Hope this helps
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
Poor management skills
Fun workplace and a fast place environment.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC3 January 2018
Tasks are easy to learn and easy to do. The food and drinks are healthy and delicious. Great workplace. Management and works are friendly and hard working.
Productive and fun around certain people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 December 2017
Same old same old, nothing really new just because the fact that i get used to things quickly. I learned new techniques and things in life matter working.
Good
Cashier/Food prep (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 December 2017
It was good, not much else to say. But this website wont let me go forward without typing more. So I guess I will give my smoothie recommendation; Funky Monkey with raspberry
Can be a good job depending on the circumstances
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario20 December 2017
I started off working with Booster part time as a college student before taking over as the manager full time once finished school. I’ve read a lot of the reviews and the issues seem to be very cohesive. The job is great for students as it won’t cause major stress that affects your studies but there’s little to no room for advancement and is not a good long term job. It becomes very dull, it’s the same thing everyday, over and over. After a certain point you will feel stagnant and under challenged, as the job is really easy once you’ve gotten the hang of it. But I’ve seen some concerns regarding training and I agree that this job could be stressful if not given the proper training as there is a lot of product knowledge and processes that need to be learned and followed correctly. Our biggest struggle was the guidelines we had to follow for scheduling and staff having to work alone. When there’s a rush it can be tremendously difficult to manage all the secondary tasks aside from just taking orders and making them. If people can’t come in for their shifts it’s a total nightmare. It’s better to over schedule so you can be prepared and no one ends up overworked or taken advantage of but wanting to keep labour costs low prevented that. No food service job should have people working alone, ever. We also had on going issues with having all our equipment working properly that prevented us from always doing the job to standard. Customers are crazy loyal to the brand and we had so many regulars, one of the best parts was building relationships with the customers.
relaxed work place
Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterdown, ON17 December 2017
I enjoyed working here although there was a lack of common training. The environment was fun, slow pace and easy to work in and I enjoyed my co-workers greatly.
Pros
able to learn health facts
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booster Juice. Our community is ready to answer.