Booster Juice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Co-worker were very fun and enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), YVR AirportFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Free Smoothies and Nice Co-Workers.
Cons: Management
I would come to the store and then sign in. After that I would go straight to work. That being making smoothies, taking orders, giving small talk to costumers and making wraps/paninis.

What I learned was, everything about your job can being nice including costumers but if you are not satisfied by the management of the store you cannot truly enjoy your time there. I would also say the management was the hardest part of this job.

On the other hand, the most enjoyable part was my coworkers. They were the only reason why I stayed so long. The co-workers there treated me respectfully and I shared a lot of wonderful memories with them.
Positive and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Free smoothies
Cons: Rude customers
Working at Booster Juice I was able to create friends, and become friends with, my co-workers.]
A typical day there involved serving customers (making smoothies, juicing juices, making and grilling wraps/sandwiches, ect.) and ensuring that all the work spaces were sanitary and clean.
My co-workers were always there to aid me in complete any tasks that I hadn't mastered yet and my manager would always compliment the good jobs I did and also offer constructive critisism on tasks I could work on.
The hardest part about working at Booster Juice was putting away the stock orders twice a week, 50 lb boxes of frozen fruit and 10 gallon tubs of frozen yogurt, because it was very hard on my back. Although I enjoyed the challenge it provided to push myself further in order to get it put away before melting.
Amazing work culture with flexible timings for part timers
Team Member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
The work culture is very open and most team members are young so it makes it easier to work in a team. They provide considerable pay and have flexible work timings for part timers. The stores get little slow usually in the winter as not many people opt for smoothies and weather can be bad.
Manager at busy, fast-paced location
Manager (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 11, 2015
Required to manage a team of 10-15 members, financial responsibilities, hiring duties, inventory control, organization and storefront management.
Fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working here, it was fun, clean, organized, and I had a great team!

I liked having a smoothie for lunch, it helped balance a busy life and helped me eat better. I have no complaints about this company.
Don't expect a lot of hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Free smoothies
Cons: Bad pay for expectations
There isn't a lot of room for growth, the pay is minimum even after years of working there (according to peers), and it is a very particular environment. You can never stand still for more than thirty seconds. Even though there is nothing to do, you must ALWAYS stay busy.
Smoothie maker (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: free smoothie
Cons: Big rushes sometimes
fast paced as well as some down time, co-workers are great, management is great as well. hardest part is remembering the smoothie recipes.
i was only there part time in high school
Smoothie Maker (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABSeptember 21, 2015
the management jerked me around. great co workers not so great management team. great food. easy job. really busy in summer
fun workplace, fun people.
Babysitter, Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Airdrie AlbertaAugust 24, 2015
Pros: awesome boss, good workplace rules.
Cons: bad hours.
lots of good times and opportunities, people were very good at their jobs, boss was a good boss. lots of good learning experiences.
Fun people made the job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Free smoothies
Cons: I developed a smoothie addiction. Currently one month dry. It's been a struggle, I still have cravings everyday.
Co-workers made it a great place to work. Boss was nice flexible with hours.
The work's super easy and pretty laid-back.
Overall great place to work!
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: friendly people, fun atmosphere
Cons: Sometimes you dont get breaks, physically tiring.
The job itself can be stressful at times ( whenever dealing with customers things can get tough), and depending on location - BUSY.
But the managers are friendly and aspiring, it's their franchise after all! They are also very supportive, and treat all their workers equally and with respect. The products are delicious, and is a great company overall. Finally, you make long lasting friendships with your coworkers.
Horrible Management and Constant Drama
Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2015
Pros: discounts, awesome atmosphere
Cons: no hours after being promised, too much staff, the owner was the devil
A typical day at work would encompass:
One Franchise owner who doesn't know how to be a decent human being. Lies to their staff about each other and flat out denies conversations you've had. I learned even your bosses can be horrible people and just how much i was willing to let them control my life. I LOVED my co-workers they became my family easily as we bonded in our mutual sufferings. The hardest part of the job was trying to to quit before the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i finally stood up for myself and told my boss that the chaos has to stop. Thanks everyone for having my back
lively work place, lots of customer interaction
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, variable work pace
Cons: could be very slow at times
Report for your shift. help with food prep of both hot and cold items and smoothies. make sure that the work place it clean at all times. i really learned how to work as a team, seeing as we had work station, so one smoothie would take three people to make it. the management was great about shifts and working with your schedule. the hardest part of the job was customer service when the customer had a wrong order or was just upset in general. but the most enjoyable part was helping those customers resolve the issue and see them satisfied.
Productive Workplace
Sales & Cashier (Former Employee), UTSCJuly 15, 2015
Making smoothies was a decent job, what made it more challenging was when I worked alone. Handling long lines of lots of tired students and customers was overwhelming at first but it made me more efficient. I could handle them well after a day or two of practice. I learned to use my time wisely, like to clean the counter when it was not busy so I could close faster when the time came. It was a good job overall.
Great work environment, but faulty in other aspects
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: long hours, barely any breaks (only two 15 min breaks for 6 hours work)
A typical day at work consisted of: signing in on our paper sheet, cleaning the store and prepping food when the sales are slow, and tending to customers with their needs. From this job, I've learned that not every employer is going to be easy to get along with. In fact, you might never be too fond of one another, and that's okay. My manager was an absolute gem. He was super fun and easygoing, and we ended up being very good friends. Still are, actually, even after I quit. On the other hand, the franchisor was not a nice fellow. Not understanding at all. I needed a cut in hours because I was still a high school student at the time and I had family issues to deal with at home, and he would not allow me to work less. Instead, I was working six days a week, 4pm-10pm. I fell behind in school and I was way too stressed out to be dealing with work on top of all my other stresses, so I gave my two-weeks notice. On another note, my co-workers were so amazing. Such genuine and welcoming people! The work environment was always happy and energetic. The hardest part of the job was probably around the time when you're first presented your keys to the store to close. At that time, it feels as though there's so much pressure on your to make the store look perfect at the end of the day. After four or five times closing, it becomes a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was forming friendships with my co-workers and customers. Overall, I did enjoy my stay while I worked at Booster Juice, mostly for my co-workers.
Fun and easy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free smoothie
Cons: Management
It was a fun and easy job. Very small workplace though. We usually ended up working alone. Always a friendly atmosphere with customers and co-workers. I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun environment with great people
Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 28, 2015
Working at the bombers stadium through booster juice was a fun experience! It gave a different experience with different kinds of customers and taught how to deal with their issues efficiently.
Fun environment to work in
Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Booster Juice and would recommend it to everyone who enjoys fast paced work as well as an overall fun environment.
learning Journey at Booster Juice
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
- I projected good Customer Service skills as interacted with more than 40 people a day
- Proven management skills as was able to make the work environment effective and friendly
Understaffed with short hours, with unreasonable expectations
Server (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free Smoothie after 4 hours, and tips
Cons: Short hours, minimum wage.
Expectations that a part time job would be the biggest priority for full time students is unfair.

Hours were maximum 5 hours long so that you would not be given a break. Hours were not long enough to make a decent income.

Active job, sadly though you stand on your feet for the entire shift that leads to a sore body.

Communication is poor between worker and employer.

Good work environment within other servers, just not franchise owners.