Booster Juice

Booster Juice Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible Management and Constant Drama
Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2015
Pros: discounts, awesome atmosphere
Cons: no hours after being promised, too much staff, the owner was the devil
A typical day at work would encompass:
One Franchise owner who doesn't know how to be a decent human being. Lies to their staff about each other and flat out denies conversations you've had. I learned even your bosses can be horrible people and just how much i was willing to let them control my life. I LOVED my co-workers they became my family easily as we bonded in our mutual sufferings. The hardest part of the job was trying to to quit before the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i finally stood up for myself and told my boss that the chaos has to stop. Thanks everyone for having my back
lively work place, lots of customer interaction
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Strathmore, ABJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, variable work pace
Cons: could be very slow at times
Report for your shift. help with food prep of both hot and cold items and smoothies. make sure that the work place it clean at all times. i really learned how to work as a team, seeing as we had work station, so one smoothie would take three people to make it. the management was great about shifts and working with your schedule. the hardest part of the job was customer service when the customer had a wrong order or was just upset in general. but the most enjoyable part was helping those customers resolve the issue and see them satisfied.
Productive Workplace
Sales & Cashier (Former Employee), UTSCJuly 15, 2015
Making smoothies was a decent job, what made it more challenging was when I worked alone. Handling long lines of lots of tired students and customers was overwhelming at first but it made me more efficient. I could handle them well after a day or two of practice. I learned to use my time wisely, like to clean the counter when it was not busy so I could close faster when the time came. It was a good job overall.
Great work environment, but faulty in other aspects
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJuly 1, 2015
Pros: awesome co-workers
Cons: long hours, barely any breaks (only two 15 min breaks for 6 hours work)
A typical day at work consisted of: signing in on our paper sheet, cleaning the store and prepping food when the sales are slow, and tending to customers with their needs. From this job, I've learned that not every employer is going to be easy to get along with. In fact, you might never be too fond of one another, and that's okay. My manager was an absolute gem. He was super fun and easygoing, and we ended up being very good friends. Still are, actually, even after I quit. On the other hand, the franchisor was not a nice fellow. Not understanding at all. I needed a cut in hours because I was still a high school student at the time and I had family issues to deal with at home, and he would not allow me to work less. Instead, I was working six days a week, 4pm-10pm. I fell behind in school and I was way too stressed out to be dealing with work on top of all my other stresses, so I gave my two-weeks notice. On another note, my co-workers were so amazing. Such genuine and welcoming people! The work environment was always happy and energetic. The hardest part of the job was probably around the time when you're first presented your keys to the store to close. At that time, it feels as though there's so much pressure on your to make the store look perfect at the end of the day. After four or five times closing, it becomes a lot easier. The most enjoyable part of the job was forming friendships with my co-workers and customers. Overall, I did enjoy my stay while I worked at Booster Juice, mostly for my co-workers.
Fun and easy
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free smoothie
Cons: Management
It was a fun and easy job. Very small workplace though. We usually ended up working alone. Always a friendly atmosphere with customers and co-workers. I would recommend it to anyone.
Fun environment with great people
Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 28, 2015
Working at the bombers stadium through booster juice was a fun experience! It gave a different experience with different kinds of customers and taught how to deal with their issues efficiently.
Fun environment to work in
Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABMay 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Booster Juice and would recommend it to everyone who enjoys fast paced work as well as an overall fun environment.
learning Journey at Booster Juice
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
- I projected good Customer Service skills as interacted with more than 40 people a day
- Proven management skills as was able to make the work environment effective and friendly
Understaffed with short hours, with unreasonable expectations
Server (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Free Smoothie after 4 hours, and tips
Cons: Short hours, minimum wage.
Expectations that a part time job would be the biggest priority for full time students is unfair.

Hours were maximum 5 hours long so that you would not be given a break. Hours were not long enough to make a decent income.

Active job, sadly though you stand on your feet for the entire shift that leads to a sore body.

Communication is poor between worker and employer.

Good work environment within other servers, just not franchise owners.
Great High School Job
Night Supervisor (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, Free smoothie per shift and food per 5 hour+ shiffts
Cons: Very busy one day, dead the next.
Easy to manage with attending school. Non-stress environment, very friendly. Great to learn customer service and experience.
Fun workplace with good staff and awesome customers
Barista (Current Employee), OttawaApril 13, 2015
My employer would tell me of any changes in merchandise, sales and schedule. After being briefed I would start on cash, preparing juice, blending juice, or in the dish pit. We would rotated as a team to make sure no one was always doing the same thing all the time.

The management of the store in very efficient. The manager was great with flexibility for hours and fairness between staff.

My coworkers made the job worth it because they would help the day go by faster by always having a smile on their face and working together to get through rushes.
quick, but friendly.
Counter attendant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, nice, respectful people, great management.
Cons: extremely fast-paced.
very fast paced, but the people and co-workers are very friendly and productive. you can be sure that someone is always there to help if you are stumped. also a very safe work place with easy-to-use machines and equipment.
Productive and a busy work environment
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga - ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches- its in a univeristy
Cons: long hours and alot of pay deduction (besides taxes)
A typical day at work starts by 4PM after school, being organized is key to manage the store. I have learned time management , and getting the work done the way it is required. I am very good with working in a team if required, I tend to build good/professional relations with my co-workers. The enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people, make short conversations with customers.
Booster juice
STORE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2015
Booster Juice is a friendly and good learning environment. There is always good team work in which the staff and management delivers the best and quality products to customers with friendly, fast and very accommodating service.
There is always a good life-work balance and have great respect with each other.
Fun and Exciting
Cashier/ Food Counter Attendent (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Working at Booster Juice was a great time.It is a dun environment to be in. I was always learning something new while working there.
Not a fun workplace but quite productive
part-time cashier (Current Employee), Woodbridge, ENGFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: free smoothie at end of your shift
Cons: inflexible schedules
A typical day at work would be:
1. open or close the store
2.check and fill the inventory
3. serve customers and much more

I learned many new things like how to make delicious smoothies, different ways of cleaning, how to bucket fruit, and much more

I did not enjoy the management at all. I felt the schedule was not fair, it was not quite flexible. I feel that it was not an enjoyable management at all.

I feel the hardest part of the job was that only one person would be at the store, making it difficult to pass time and communicate at others.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I get to try new smoothies, and make my own:)
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 15, 2015
enjoyed being part of a member and working and engaging with the team. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers and seeing a smile on their face due to the customer service.
Very fun & fast place in enviroment
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunches were paid for which was good
Cons: managament kept changing off & on
In my 2 and half years i become assisant manager. We had very busy days even in the winter time people always came in to buy drinks we had a yoga studio down the street. I always hired the good ones to work at booster juice and the hardest part was to let go some people but it was for the better.
Productive and fun workplace with a great team.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 22, 2014
Pros: free smoothies
Cons: short shifts
Working at Booster Juice has been a great experience, the team I work with is phenomenal and my management team is kind and helpful. A typical day consists of doing dishes, pouring smoothies, managing a till and maintaining the store. The hardest part of the job would be fitting 12 people into such a small space. I most enjoy the team I work with at Booster Juice, they are outgoing, fun and hardworking.
first job
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 8, 2014
for a first job it was fun and gave me the extra money i was looking for as a young teenager

1 2 3 4