Booking.com

Booking.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best work environment possible
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Grand RapidsJuly 29, 2014
Pros: gifts, reasonable break amounts, food/beverage
There are many call center jobs but I doubt there are any other like working for this company. The level of understanding, patience, and art to teach new skills is amazing. I love working for this company, the people I work with are amazing, and most of all I love working in a team setting. We are all working hard together towards the same goal.
Fun work place
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 22, 2014
The best place I've worked. Great management, culture, and a fun work place. Recommended!
A place to gain experience.
Senior Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Kentwood, MIJuly 8, 2014
The company is a good starter place for people right out of High School. The average age of the employees is somewhere in the 20's.
loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: early morning
was the best job ever such a good job and easy. the people there were the best my supervisor was so nice I recommend this job for amyone
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Cambridge, ENGMay 10, 2014
Booking.com provides a very supportive environment with an international employee base making it not only a very productive but also fun place to work.

All employees receive a full month of paid training which means everyone goes into work feeling well prepared. There are always opportunities for further training and advancement within the company.

The – more... hardest part of the job is dealing with a large number of complaints per day, but being able to solve the challenges and hit your target for the day is very rewarding. – less
What is my role:
Hotels Coordinator - Customer Service Rep. (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 25, 2014
Manage relationships with hotels by providing high levels of customer service and account management support;
Act as main point of contact with hotels verifying guest information as needed;
Communicate any developments in service, products, website, or systems;
Answer any incoming questions from customers (system, reservations, etc.);
Manage customer – more... complaints regarding overbooking and hotel amenities/services in a professional manner resolving the problem through the most effective means possible;
Provide guidance to hotels in utilizing and optimizing our systems;
Serve as a liaison with the appropriate departments to gain relevant information, resolve problems, or support;
Ensure timely follow up with hotels provided through feedback;
Resolve any issues/complaints that have been detailed on the incoming guest reviews and take appropriate action as needed;
Ensure that all administration is completed as required. – less
Growing company with good work/life balance but little to no room for advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: low compensation
-Hired to work with top properties to increase commission and revenue
-Forced concentration on sales and cold calls instead of building relationship
-Not much room for advancement
-High level of micromanagement
-Low salary
Great multi-cultruial company to work for
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2014
No day is the same working for this company. Have learned to many different new things about so many different cultures while working for Booking.com and have gotten a chance to travel places I would never have otherwise.
Good
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIFebruary 13, 2014
Good place to work. Good office space. Able to give good customer service to people.
BILINGUAL CREDIT CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Very good place to start and work for, I started in a very challenging dept, hard to move up in the dept, but over all, it was a good experience.
Fun laid back environment
customer service (Current Employee), Wyoming MiJanuary 15, 2014
This is a really great place to work , managers and other employees treat you really well.
Interacting around the world.
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 9, 2014
This job involves knowledge, commitment and communication.
Great company
Customer care representative (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIDecember 27, 2013
Pros: health care benefits, compensation, trips to amsterdam (fully paid), quarterly bonuses
Cons: it is nearly impossible to have a normal mon-fri first shift schdule.
This is a wonderful company to work for. The people are great and the enviorment itself if very calm which is always a bonus.
Perfect Growth Opportunity
HRIS Consultant (Temporary) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: skill development
Cons: short assignment
Project Management
ADP HR & Benefits Implementation
Great opportunity - enabling me to apply years of expertise
Enhanced Implementation techniques and knowledge
Great team to work with
If you really, really need the work
Content Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: christmas party in amersterdam, a free lunch once per month, occasional free happy hour
Cons: poor management, high turnover rate, low pay, low growth potential
Pros – You don't need much knowledge or experience to step into most roles at the company in order to succeed. They provide plenty of training and overview (considered by some to be overkill) before you even lift a finger in whatever role you'll fill. The jobs themselves are easy and the tools provided basically hand-feed you all the relevant information. – more... The benefits package is decent, there are company-sponsored happy hours generally once per month and a company holiday party held in Amsterdam each winter. Also, this is the epitome of a 9-5 job, where there is rarely anything so important that it can't wait until your next workday.

Cons – While easy, the work load in the last year for most roles at the company has grown so exponentially that it has become bitterly overwhelming. The constant merging and purging that that company has done has left the remaining employees accumulating new responsibilities with no additional compensation and with low morale (fearing future secret decisions will lead to further mass displacement or firings). Speaking of which, pay is beyond low. The company pays well below the average compared to other top competitors within a similar industry and the standards for earning the quarterly bonuses keep changing. Many employees have even half-jokingly accused the company of "testing" for ways to make it impossible to earn. Most managers lack knowledge, leadership skills or both. Opportunities are extremely rare at this point within any of the established offices in the US and most that do become available are often filled with candidates from the European offices. In my time with the company, 11 upper level positions (senior or better) became available and only 4 were filled with candidates from our local office (and only 2 candidates were from low-level positions in the office) and I was part of one of the biggest offices in the US. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Senior Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2013
I was able to travel to places I would have never had the opportunity to visit. It is a fun work environment.
Great company gaining more recognition
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIOctober 21, 2013
I worked for this company through a temp agency. I enjoyed my time there, and the many interesting phone calls from guests and hotel partners across the world.
Four years of my life wasted
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2013
Pros: international contact, multiple languages
Cons: awful corporate style cube farm environment, no recognition of actual skills and experience in promotion process
I spent two years there and quit having failed three times to get the promotion my work and knowledge had earnt... I gave full notice and was told I would be welcomed back.

I returned a year later once family situations had changed and after working my way back in for almost a year I applied for one of THIRTY of my old position again. Denied.

Pay – more... is around $12/hour but ridiculously low funded health care took $2.50/hr of that from me for my family of 3. Was left without enough money to live on. What in 2008 was a great place to work has slowly morphed over 5 years to be your average call centre environment with a load of corporate rules due to their rather low hiring standards.

I was eventually fired for posting this on Facebook after a call with a guest: "Yes, caller, you do have to restart your computer if your browser has locked up. No, you don't have to restart the computer in your car as that doesn't handle anywhere near the kind of data a browser does. And hanging up on me doesn't help either."

My account is private. The post (and a follow-up post telling people why I got fired) were both removed by Facebook without informing me. My wife is now in withdrawal from prescription pain meds as she has a chronic arthritic condition and now has no health care. We are 10-14 days late paying our rent and facing eviction.

Social media policy? Just an excuse to take care of the squeaky wheel in the office. – less
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the great thing about this job was the company its self, they are helpful and also informing.
Cons: the cons were only that the position was seasonal, and employment ended.
handled all guests special requests such as bed type, arrival times and also asking for room upgrades Responsible for inputting modified bookings into the extranet system, answer any inquiries of room rates, outlets and room locations.
Staff is friendly and management is open to employees issues.
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIAugust 12, 2013
Dealing with customer services has been my passion. But the only thing that i did not like about job was Shift time, which is third shift and is not going well with other life commitment, for example family, friends, and school. I would like to work and still have balance in regular life activities.

1 2 3

About Booking.com

Booking.com (USA), Inc., a part of the Priceline Group, is planet earth’s #1 accommodation site, is painting the world blue – Read more