Booking.com

Booking.com Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Growing company with good work/life balance but little to no room for advancement
Account Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: low compensation
-Hired to work with top properties to increase commission and revenue
-Forced concentration on sales and cold calls instead of building relationship
-Not much room for advancement
-High level of micromanagement
-Low salary
Great multi-cultruial company to work for
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2014
No day is the same working for this company. Have learned to many different new things about so many different cultures while working for Booking.com and have gotten a chance to travel places I would never have otherwise.
Good
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIFebruary 13, 2014
Good place to work. Good office space. Able to give good customer service to people.
BILINGUAL CREDIT CONTROLLER (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2014
Very good place to start and work for, I started in a very challenging dept, hard to move up in the dept, but over all, it was a good experience.
Fun laid back environment
customer service (Current Employee), Wyoming MiJanuary 15, 2014
This is a really great place to work , managers and other employees treat you really well.
Interacting around the world.
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 9, 2014
This job involves knowledge, commitment and communication.
Great company
Customer care representative (Current Employee), Kentwood, MIDecember 27, 2013
Pros: health care benefits, compensation, trips to amsterdam (fully paid), quarterly bonuses
Cons: it is nearly impossible to have a normal mon-fri first shift schdule.
This is a wonderful company to work for. The people are great and the enviorment itself if very calm which is always a bonus.
Perfect Growth Opportunity
HRIS Consultant (Temporary) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: skill development
Cons: short assignment
Project Management
ADP HR & Benefits Implementation
Great opportunity - enabling me to apply years of expertise
Enhanced Implementation techniques and knowledge
Great team to work with
If you really, really need the work
Content Editor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
Pros: christmas party in amersterdam, a free lunch once per month, occasional free happy hour
Cons: poor management, high turnover rate, low pay, low growth potential
Pros – You don't need much knowledge or experience to step into most roles at the company in order to succeed. They provide plenty of training and overview (considered by some to be overkill) before you even lift a finger in whatever role you'll fill. The jobs themselves are easy and the tools provided basically hand-feed you all the relevant information. – more... The benefits package is decent, there are company-sponsored happy hours generally once per month and a company holiday party held in Amsterdam each winter. Also, this is the epitome of a 9-5 job, where there is rarely anything so important that it can't wait until your next workday.

Cons – While easy, the work load in the last year for most roles at the company has grown so exponentially that it has become bitterly overwhelming. The constant merging and purging that that company has done has left the remaining employees accumulating new responsibilities with no additional compensation and with low morale (fearing future secret decisions will lead to further mass displacement or firings). Speaking of which, pay is beyond low. The company pays well below the average compared to other top competitors within a similar industry and the standards for earning the quarterly bonuses keep changing. Many employees have even half-jokingly accused the company of "testing" for ways to make it impossible to earn. Most managers lack knowledge, leadership skills or both. Opportunities are extremely rare at this point within any of the established offices in the US and most that do become available are often filled with candidates from the European offices. In my time with the company, 11 upper level positions (senior or better) became available and only 4 were filled with candidates from our local office (and only 2 candidates were from low-level positions in the office) and I was part of one of the biggest offices in the US. – less
Productive and fun work environment
Senior Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 4, 2013
I was able to travel to places I would have never had the opportunity to visit. It is a fun work environment.
Great company gaining more recognition
Customer Care Expert (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIOctober 21, 2013
I worked for this company through a temp agency. I enjoyed my time there, and the many interesting phone calls from guests and hotel partners across the world.
Four years of my life wasted
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2013
Pros: international contact, multiple languages
Cons: awful corporate style cube farm environment, no recognition of actual skills and experience in promotion process
I spent two years there and quit having failed three times to get the promotion my work and knowledge had earnt... I gave full notice and was told I would be welcomed back.

I returned a year later once family situations had changed and after working my way back in for almost a year I applied for one of THIRTY of my old position again. Denied.

Pay – more... is around $12/hour but ridiculously low funded health care took $2.50/hr of that from me for my family of 3. Was left without enough money to live on. What in 2008 was a great place to work has slowly morphed over 5 years to be your average call centre environment with a load of corporate rules due to their rather low hiring standards.

I was eventually fired for posting this on Facebook after a call with a guest: "Yes, caller, you do have to restart your computer if your browser has locked up. No, you don't have to restart the computer in your car as that doesn't handle anywhere near the kind of data a browser does. And hanging up on me doesn't help either."

My account is private. The post (and a follow-up post telling people why I got fired) were both removed by Facebook without informing me. My wife is now in withdrawal from prescription pain meds as she has a chronic arthritic condition and now has no health care. We are 10-14 days late paying our rent and facing eviction.

Social media policy? Just an excuse to take care of the squeaky wheel in the office. – less
Customer Service Executive
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 2, 2013
Pros: the great thing about this job was the company its self, they are helpful and also informing.
Cons: the cons were only that the position was seasonal, and employment ended.
handled all guests special requests such as bed type, arrival times and also asking for room upgrades Responsible for inputting modified bookings into the extranet system, answer any inquiries of room rates, outlets and room locations.
Staff is friendly and management is open to employees issues.
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIAugust 12, 2013
Dealing with customer services has been my passion. But the only thing that i did not like about job was Shift time, which is third shift and is not going well with other life commitment, for example family, friends, and school. I would like to work and still have balance in regular life activities.
a
Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2013
fun place to work - good benefits , strict management. the best part was the free trip to amsterdam
New Challenge Everyday
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIJuly 8, 2013
Pros: guaranteed 40 hours a week. lots of advancement opportunities.
Cons: temp to hire wasn't needed, doctor notes were not accepted by any means, if you were sick you had to come to work or you got penalized.
Working for Booking.com was an amazing experience they are partners with Priceline.com so needless to say we helped hotels and guests manage their reservations. At times I would be a travel agent, a shoulder to cry on, a mentor, or adviser. I felt so much joy everyday as I felt I truly helped people. I learned so much patience with people and how to – more... sympathize with people from all over the world. Management was absolutely amazing as they really wanted to see you excel and would break down your performance and have monthly checks to see how you are doing and let you know where you need to improve, they provided charts and help which was greatly appreciated. My co workers were amazing, we tried to be the best team in the call center and worked hard towards a goal in which we achieved. The hardest part of the job was having to help with languages we did not know. We would be able to use translators however we could not email out using a translator. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping people and having them come back to use our service. – less
Great Job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 23, 2013
Moved here from out of town and a great job to have. The people who trained us was very knowledgeable and knew what they was talking about. In return help me to do my job.
CCE
Customer Service, Paper Work, Phone Calls (Former Employee), Wyoming, MIJune 6, 2013
In bound calls, out bound calls, paper work , customer service.
Exciting and motivating place to work
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee), AmsterdamApril 10, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: late shifts
It varies how busy it is, when we have a great call volume, everyone is on available, less calls, we work on the incoming e-mails and faxes. It's fascinating to get to know the circle of life in a hotel, especially regarding rates and availabilities, quality of service, guest relations and locations. I have only great things to say about my co-workers – more... and management. We all work together as a team!
The hardest part of the job is to disappoint either a guest or a hotel when things don't go as they should, no matter the circumstances.
The best part of the job is to get great reviews from satisfied customers. – less
Great team with an amazing international environment
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), AmsterdamApril 4, 2013
Booking.com is a great company to work at. The people are very nice and you can learn a lot from different countries / cultures.
I love dealing with people so I enjoyed the customer relations and the contact with hotels.

1 2 3