BookFinder.com – part of the Amazon group of companies – is looking for software developers with a strong sense of ownership and customer focus to build and run our five international web sites: BookFinder.com, JustBooks.de, JustBooks.co.uk, JustBooks.fr and JustBooks.nl. If you are excited by using AWS to address the technical and business challenges of searching more than 150 million new, used, rare, and out-of-print books from 70 international book sellers, we’d like to meet you.
As a member of our small, agile team based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, you will participate in a broad range of activities including development of front and backend systems (UI, search, API integrations, etc.), performance analysis and optimization, database design, testing, statistical analysis and the construction of business cases. The diversity of these activities ensures a broad and exciting range of technical and business challenges and opportunities.
- 3+ years developing high performance, high availability and scalable applications with a solid understanding of OOD/OOP
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiar with Perl or other dynamic languages such as Python or Ruby
- Solid experience of testing and a passion for producing high quality code
- Solid background in algorithms and data structures
- Solid understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to create exceptional value
- Familiar with Linux (Or Unix) environment
- Able to learn quickly and dive deeply to diagnose the root cause of problems
- Able to develop code independently or as part of a pair programming team
Experience with the following would also be beneficial:
- Information retrieval and search
- Service-oriented architectures
- Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
To learn more about this position, or to apply online, please visit www.abebooks.com/careers. We appreciate your interest in BookFinder!