Bonnefield Inc. (BI) is a farmland property management company in operation since 2010. Its main client is Bonnefield Financial Inc. (BFI) which is a farmland investment management company responsible for assets held via limited partnerships that currently have over $45 million in farmland under management.
BFI works hand in hand with Bonnefield Realty Inc. (BRI) on the acquisition of farmland. BRI’s role is to search for farmland acquisition opportunities throughout Canada. BRI also has built strong relationships with farm operators in many provinces and is responsible for finding suitable tenants for the acquired farmland. Find out more at www.Bonnefield.com.
We are seeking an independent self-starter to join our team who has plenty of initiative to develop this new role and to grow their responsibility within our Company. The Property Manager will be responsible for the overall farmland property management function and entire operations of Bonnefield Inc. (BI). The Property Manager reports to the CFO of Colonnade Investments (CI) and will work within a small team at our Ottawa office.
- Assisting in due diligence activities for the acquisition of new farmland;
- Preparing quarterly financial reports, pre-bill letters to tenants, statutory declarations, detailed production data, crop plans and compliance documents;
- Creating lease agreements, amendments and renewals, and arranging for execution;
- Contacting tenants and prospective tenants to obtain financial, insurance and business information as required;
- Planning and coordinating yearly site inspection visits, completing reports, and assisting the agrologist;
- Managing the distraint process in each province;
- Tracking and ensuring that the Bonnefield Standards of Care documents are received;
- Supporting the preparation of business cases in support of capital expenditure projects;
- Liaising with insurance brokers, crop consultants and lawyers as required.
- Post-secondary education in business, agriculture or a related field;
- Practical understanding and interest in farming is an asset;
- Experience as a property manager is an asset;
- Aptitude for drafting and negotiating lease agreements;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment;
- Clear and articulate communicator focused on building effective tenant relationships;
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required.
Apply for this position by sending us your resume and covering letter to: hr(at)colonnade.ca
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Bonnefield Inc. (BI) is a farmland property management company in operation since 2010. Its main client is Bonnefield Financial Inc. (BFI)...