Job Posting – Sr. Accountant
For 40 years, Bondfield Construction Company Limited has consistently proven itself as one of Ontario’s leading full-service construction companies with a renowned reputation for delivering innovative, quality, cost efficient projects on time and on budget. Our extensive award-winning portfolio showcases the depth of our knowledge and skill in the industry, spanning projects large and small in the health care, education, commercial, industrial, athletic, retail and residential sectors. With specialized expertise in LEED, renewable energy and P3 construction, we have what it takes to turn vision into reality.
We are currently seeking to hire a Sr. Accountant at our Head Office location at 407 Basaltic Road in Concord. The Sr. Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, and financial reporting, as well as financial profitability analysis and other special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation for Multiple Companies
- Quarterly reconciliation of Balance Sheet Accounts for multiple companies
- Maintain Capital Assets/Lease Schedules per Company
- HST Remittances per assigned schedules
- Monitor processes and liaise with Accounting and Project Team members
- Assist with preparation of working papers for the purpose of Audits ( internal/external)
- Assist CFO and Controller with various duties and assignments as requested
Education/ Work Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Principles
- Accounting/Financing Diploma
- 2nd/3rd year CPA student
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritize workload accordingly
- Use of Jonas Accounting Software an asset
Compensation: $40,000 - $50,000 depending on experience
Qualified applicants should send their Resume to Indira Sookhoo-McIntyre, CHRP – Human Resources Manager via Fax # 416-667-8462.
Bondfield Construction Company Ltd. is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.