Job Posting – Jr. Estimator
At the heart of Bondfield Construction’s success is a core team of 1,100 management staff and employees who share a passion for service excellence and a commitment to deliver superior quality projects on time and on budget.
We recruit and retain talented multidisciplinary professionals who thrive in a service-focused environment that breeds innovative thinking, promotes teamwork, and challenges employees to apply their skills and expertise in new and exciting ways. Many are long-term employees who have played an integral role in the growth of the company.
We passionately believe our role is to continually exceed our clients’ expectations. With our extensive experience in virtually all types of construction, we match the expertise of our professionals with specific project requirements, applying proven knowledge to each stage of the construction process.
Bondfield Construction rewards our employees with a steady stream of diverse projects, professional development programs and growth opportunities, a formula that continues to attract the best in the business. We are a large, forward-thinking construction company with a deep-rooted commitment to the strong family-based values our company was founded on.
If you’re seeking to elevate your career to a new level with a company that welcomes innovative thinking and initiative, encourages professional development, promotes from within, and thrives on teamwork, we invite you to apply for a Jr. Estimator position at our Head Office location. This role is responsible for assisting in developing estimates/budgets for hard bid, design/build and construction management proposals. Mandatory to take quantities using by Timberline and on-screen take-off, also sub trade/supplier tender packages, risk assessment and preliminary schedule estimates.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the contract documents and specifications, to determine
overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.) and identifies any
associated risk factors, including the monitoring of published addenda's that may alter
the original scope of the project.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to
complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Solicits pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials,
in order to ascertain the lowest price.
- Takes the lead in the development of a conceptual estimate
- Review the project budget, schedule, and project execution plan and identify any
potential risks prior to the project starting and throughout its life cycle
- Assists in tender closings
Education/ Work Experience:
- Engineering Diploma with 2 years experience in Timberline and on-screen take-off.
- Minimum three years experience working for a large General Contractor in
the field of estimating
- Ability to lead pursuits and review projects with management
- Solid understanding of specifications, construction methods and procedures
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity
take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Compensation: $45,000 - $50,000 depending on experience
Qualified applicants should send their Resume to Indira Sookhoo-McIntyre, CHRP – Human Resources Manager.
Bondfield Construction Company Ltd. is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.