Bombardier Employee Reviews

Managed at large customer
Bombardier Partnership Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2016
I would meet with the customer and ensure satisfaction with stock levels, product performance and ensure that our customer service was meeting expectations,
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2016
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Pros
salary
Cons
layoffs
Excellent people to work with.
Maintenance Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
I am very comfortable there. I was trained to the fullest, I have already learn new things.

I gained a lot more experince in terms of computer skills.

I have learned to organze my self better.
Working on a train and hearning the horn
Gerenal worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2016
When I get there I had to clean the shop and check to see what locomotive was going back into service. I learn how the railway works, safety rules on the tracks and etc. The management knew what they was doing. The guys I worked with was very cool. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold while the engine was hot inside. The fun part of the job when you sit down in the cab and you see how high you are.
Pros
Watchong other trains passing by
Cons
Cleaning up oil and always being dirty
Productive and fun team to work with
Intern in Maintenance on the series Global (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2016
Very good atmosphere. People are very helpful and friendly. very nice building and location. every day we had a daily morning meeting with every person on the team.
Cons
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 January 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Qualifications on hiring
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
Pros
Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons
A boys club
overall decent place to work
Structures Specialist Global (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 December 2015
decent place to work and get experience.
however do not expect to be able to switch between departments. once you're in one field, it will be extremely difficult to change.
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 December 2015
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Pros
shutdowns at Christmas
Cons
too many meetings
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2015
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
Pros
Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons
No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 November 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl
Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Montreal18 November 2015
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
Pros
Cons
BOMBardier
New experience
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Malaysia13 November 2015
Learn new things on Train System.

Organisation is good to be work. benefit are good too. There were no much support for SHE from my division, Have to work Independence. Less contribution on SHE from the team.

Hardest time was given short of time line to achieve KPIs. Have to work in stressful environment.
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
layoffs
Alright place to work
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 November 2015
it is a job typical assembly line most people hate their lives not a recommended place to work no care for a quality product
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC10 November 2015
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
Pros
Great product, Great team
Cons
Current share value, Excessive job loss
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.