BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work with
Office Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Perform project administrative functions by gathering project deliverables from various internal & external groups and entering them in department database.

Responsible for generating & maintaining department purchase orders, as per company policy, for work sent out to external suppliers.

Negotiate prices with external suppliers for services provided – more... to the department.

Provide assistance to the Project Manager by reserving, screening, & releasing project deliverable reports in department database.

Provide customer service to internal & external Bombardier clients who required drawings & reports.

Involved with continuous improvement projects within the group to improve department processes as part of Achieving Excellence initiative by the company.

Worked with team in establishing measurement metrics to support company’s initiative of creating a safe & rewarding workplace as part of Achieving Excellence.

Create & maintain databases in Excel – less
Lots of opportunities for career development
Product Development & Engineering (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
The opportunities are there in various fields of career development.
Ecellent Company
Principal PLM Program Integrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 31, 2012
Wide and varied roles – no day was the same – everyday had its own routine and challenges. This made it interesting environment.
Great Place to Work
DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER SERVICES AND SUPPORT, CSERIES (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: large company
Cons: large company
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering now, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide and making it easier for people to connect with one another.

However people choose to travel, they’ll find a Bombardier product ready to transport them. Our vast offering of products includes high – more... speed trains, public transit that’s smarter than ever, category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the realities of today.

Bombardier answers the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation. We partner with customers, local organizations and all stakeholders to help build communities and improve quality of life wherever we do business.

Bombardier is present in more than 60 countries, with 76 production and engineering sites among them. Our 70,000 employees push mobility forward by creating aerospace and rail transportation products adapted for the travellers of today and tomorrow.

Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. – less
Fun place with friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2012
I learned lot of things at this place when I was working as a Intern. Meeting with Managers and design Engineers was a great part for Brain Storming. I was assign a task to improve a design process of a product development program. During the first day of work I felt so good when the manager of our department joined with me for the lunch.
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
Strategic Procurement Analyst - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 8, 2012
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee), MontrealApril 26, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: very dipressing enviroment
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub – more... you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long. – less
ONE OF THE BEST WORKPLACE IN CANADA
Electrical /Radar Installer (Former Employee), Downsview, OntarioMarch 7, 2012
Pros: free stretch time
Cons: long working hours
Good place to work, but there are no job security, you will find some of the best team mate to work with, . daily operation are well plan by Managerment, every team player are required at the start of each shift to discuss their daily plan
High Independence, it's all swings and roundabouts....
stress analyst (Current Employee), Montreal, QS, CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
High Independence, it's all swings and roundabouts.... Hard to define, - if everything ok...
Over All a good place to work
CNC Auto Riveter Operator (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2014
Pros: worked the shift i preffered
Cons: been laid off three times
I learned a lot of different Skills such as Paint/process,Tube shop,Sub Assy.
New airplane product development
Section Chief (Current Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2014
Currently working in a dynamic environment focused on adding value and successful completion of program milestones. Interfacing with several other divisions within Bombardier. Represent the company to outside vendors and regulatory agencies.
Very un structure services and Human Resources Department
Manager of Mechanical Operations (Former Employee), OrlandoAugust 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: managers are not treaty with respect
There are many reasons for not taking a job as a manager or supervisor inside Bombardier Services, one important is the lack of knowledge of the Rail Operations and Regulatory Compliance, the "upper management" doesn't care about their teams, and the manager average years in Bombardier North America wont pass 2 years, Human Resources doesn't have the – more... expertise to operate or maintain a safe work environment, In Orlando there are many violations on daily basis.
Do not work for this company as a manager – less
good
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 6, 2014
nice co-workers. laid back environment. only an intern cannot comment on compensation.
good opportunities
Head of Strategic Sourcing (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2014
Bombardier is a large company and has lots of room for advancement
Bombardier
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee), Burton-on-TrentJuly 27, 2014
Pros: slow moving and relaxed culture. good work-life balance.
Cons: you cannot be adventurous or bring changes
For a global company with the size of 70,000 employees, the business culture in the UK Bombardier is still very much UK dominant and does not have many multicultural aspects. They have a strong status-quo and conservative culture and it makes it difficult for the company to take a leap to the different level. The company has a good work-life balance – more... and the working culture is very relaxed. – less
Challenging
Project Manager (Current Employee), PittsburghJuly 24, 2014
A different challenge every day. A different challenge every day.
GOOD PLACE
Material Handler, Shipping Receiving Inspector (Current Employee), FLORIDAJuly 23, 2014
NO COMPLAINS, GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I HAVE LEARNED A LOT. MANAGEMENT FOR SHIPPING IS GOOD. EVERYONE IS HELPFUL.
Good paying job with nice benefits, hours are long but days get broken up for your mandatory rest time
Conductor or Assistant Conductor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2014
Pros: pay, breaks/rest time during the day, weekends off, benefits
Cons: long days, early mornings, the co-workers being cuttthroat and selfish, management don't know how to properly lead people of diverse backgrounds
Overall, long days but you have weekends off; pay is very good for not working too hard. Would be a much better place to be if they got rid of some of the people there whose attitudes make it a place you don't want to work. It doesn't help that management isn't leading folks like they should, almost like they're learning on the fly. In particular the – more... current Superintendent. – less
as before
Welder (Former Employee), Ilford, ENGJuly 22, 2014
as a welder at Bombardier my typical day is much the same as it is currently just working as part of a different team
working at bombardier was a great experiene
Test Support Field Technician.- For LIRR M7 (Former Employee), Pueblo, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: very interesting technical work. enjoyed working with the test engineers.
Cons: project ended! but it was terrific on so many levels.
traveled to Canada weekly from Commack for 6 months to work with test engineers at the bombardier facility in LaPocitere. Helped to test production of M7 railroad cars before mass production commenced in Plattsberg N.Y..

After about 6 months in Canada was 1 of 2 techs invited out of about 20 to continue the Qualification testing of the 16 test train – more... cars in Pueblo Co. Dot. test track in the desert. Worked closely with many test engineers helping to accomplish the many tests required by long island railroad officals. – less

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more