BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best place to work
Line worker (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
really good place to work friends staff and easy to learn the job
Great Place
Automation Technician (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 4, 2014
Great place to work with new systems being installed for growth
Fun place to work
Mechanical Group Lead (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary is average
I loved working for Bombardier, but due to my wife getting a job transfer to new york City, i had to leave my position at Bombardier Aerospace.
Exciting place to work
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZJune 25, 2014
I enjoy working here. Has great benefits. Locations where maintenance is performed are in areas that are boring (to me)
Good place to work for short term.
Material Logistics Agent (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 23, 2014
Liked the pay but only lasts as long as the work comes in. Management was very involved but they had a lot of bad influences from top level executives.
enjoyed that job
Airworthiness Department Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Reviewed work load for the day. Presented priorities at the daily meeting. Co-workers were excellent.
Professional and friendly environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Belfast, Queens IslandJune 13, 2014
I work a shift rota of 4 on 4 off alternating between days and nights. A typical day consists of various tasks with the main one being customer service, greeting people from all over the world providing a positive and rewarding visit to the company with a professional friendly attitude. The main thing ive learned is when you treat people well, wether – more... it be visitors, colleagues or employers you always receive a positive response which makes it rewarding for everybody. Management are in their respected positions for that reason, to manage me and ensure that the job is carried out to the standards they expect, so I carry out what is expected of me to the best of my ability which also contributes to having a positive working relationship with them. I'm very much a people person and I strive to create a positive and happy environment, so by remaining strong willed, easy going and understanding to each others situations it makes relationships with my colleagues a lot better. The demanding hours and a healthy work and life balance are difficult to maintain. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that ive done things to the best of my ability for the benefit of the company and the team I work in. – less
Productive and professional enviornment
Test Technician (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: best work enviornment
Cons: none that i can think of
A great place to work. The people there are all there for the same reason, to produce the best quality product in the world. The management are really diligent and constantly pushing their employees to strive to be the best and to do the best work they can. I enjoy testing and troubleshooting the functionality of the trains that are built there
If your new to aviation its a great place to learn.
Aviation Mechanic (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTJune 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
Lots to learn. They do not like giving raise's. Management, it all depends on your lead.If your new to aviation its a great place to learn. Did not enjoy it there. Good job security they never lay people off.
A very amazing place to learn.
Internship (Former Employee), Vadodara, GJJune 1, 2014
Pros: subsidized lunch and beverages.
Cons: a little outside the city limits.
Its a amazing place to learn and grow. The management was so helpful in every aspect. I liked the way the used their resources and managed their shop floor with their 5S rule.
Great benefits
Aircraft Technician (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2014
The benefits are great, pretty laid back, the pay is decent.
Productive place to work
Storeman (Former Employee), Midrand, GPMay 27, 2014
Pros: very good international company to work for
Cons: low staff moral in the warehouse environment due to low salaries and no management support
I was underutilised, not really allowed to come up with new ideas. I am a person who likes to come up with better ways to work but i was never given a chance by my immediate manager.
Blue collar people are very good.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Bath, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: good pay. close to home.
Cons: very uneducated management at the shop i was working. very un-professional management.
Treated with respect, was able to do my job my way within company regulations.
Structures Mechanic
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 20, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: graveyard shift
A typical day at work was started at 7pm and lasted 12 hours into 7am. I greatly enjoyed the work performed as a structures mechanic on the CRJ 400,700, and 900 aircraft models. Work was difficult to perform due to parts requisitions and company free stock. Most Mechanics would hoard fasteners and would draw from their own personal private stock of – more... materials. The environment was clean and well cared for but doing work was difficult due to supplies.
I rose for the challenge and worked 12 hour days for 6 days a week
I learned a lot from working side by side with Bombardier Structure representatives.
I took what I learned from the best and applied it to my current duties on various aircraft models – less
---
Director PHD Bid - France (Former Employee), BelgiumMay 20, 2014
 Responsible for a portfolio of projects; balance sheet, P&L, budgets & forecast, hedging, cash generation, tax optimization, bids, external audits, bank guarantees, …
 Finance Business Partner to Project Management, focus on EBIT and Free CF, Risk & Opportunity
 Core Team member Finance Transformation Project (off shore outsourcing of accounting)
 – more... PRO-Audits in Canada, France & Switzerland, Margin enhancement programs
 Value chain analysis and improvement (incl Six Sigma projects in R&D en Operations) – less
Bombardier
Supervisor (Former Employee), Bath New YorkMay 19, 2014
Pros: many free lunchcelebratons and safty awards
Cons: health car program was a little epensive.
My work day at Bombardier started at six am every day. the spirit of cooperation between management and workers was always very friendly and cooperative. Everyone worked with a true team sprit.
An enjoyable challenge
Commercial Advisor (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 12, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: working hours
A good office and team to work in.
Worked with different engineering products, with teams from all around the world.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
SKILLED WORKER (Former Employee), Newtownards, NIRMay 12, 2014
Pros: overtime
RELAXED PLACE TO WORK PLENTY OF OVER TIME IF WANTED
MANAGEMENT LET YOU GET ONWITH YOUR JOB
Professional, fun and friendly
Supply Chain (Current Employee), BelfastMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly approachable managers
Cons: travelling
Updating spread sheets, checking stock and if orders will be arriving on time.

I have learnt a lot working for Bombardier, from placing orders, to checking stock levels.

The management are very friendly and easy to approach, willing to answer any questions and give a helping hand when needed.

The hardest part of my job is the work load, although – more... I can keep on top of it, managing my time effectively.

The best part of my job is working in a team of 10 people, as we are able to help each other out in times of pressure. – less
Challenging and envigorating work atmosphere.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAMay 2, 2014
Pros: envigorating atmosphere.
Cons: travelled 52 miles a day to work and back home.
Bombardier is a very satisfying place to work, in an upbeat productive and challenging, no nonsense environment.

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more