Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work overall
Project engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 2, 2015
Pros : Flexible time schedule for office jobs. Good opportunities to move from one position to the other. 3 weeks vacations + 2 for holidays.

Cons : Business well known for cutting jobs. Average salaries with low increase.
Awesome Product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2015
The company is in aviation and transportantion, which are both very interesting fields. Every day I had the opportunity of watching airplanes rolling out of the production line and taking off right from my office window, which is something that really brings you closer to what this is about.
Excellent Company for the Employees, not so much for business
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 24, 2015
I love this Company, they were great with employees, so much so that they would forget sometimes this is was not supposed to e a charity, and they should be in Business to make money. They should increase accountability and really deal with poor performers.
Pros
Aviation Industry Rocks
Cons
They should deal with poor performers
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal CanadaAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Pros
Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons
Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
A company that continuously moves forward.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  downsview, onAugust 13, 2015
Fast paced work flow.
Advanced training on a steady basis.
Skilled managers.
Teamwork & typical compliance to strict production standards.
Standing on concrete all day with safety shoes on, being physically on the go all day, climbing, reaching, walking.
Full time, steady employment on a production line where tasks don't necessarily repeat from day to day. Troubleshooting is left up to the worker, giving a sense of personal accomplishment.
Pros
income is great
Cons
same workplace every day - few changes
Exciting day with great product
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QcJuly 18, 2015
Typical day start with daily morning meeting to get the feel of the team and ensure alignment among all employees

Then we escalate major issue and spend time coaching our employees

Management very present and supportive. We are well engaged and accountable of our deliverable

Hardest part of the job is the number of hour spent at work, but the company recognizes and will allow give and take time as required
Pros
Geat teams
Cons
Life balance
great place to work for
Agent Logistique Hardware-Electric (Former Employee) –  St Laurent QubecJuly 13, 2015
With the new Lear 85 aircraft,all item purchase were brand new,
you add to be able to adjust at any time.
was very exating to work on new technologies and being part of a new generation of aircraft.
hardest part of the job was to keep delivery of components regardles of the ingenering chage in mid productions.
Great work atmosphere.
Technician (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 1, 2015
Everyone is helping. Great learning experience. Lot of challenges in the job. Rotating shifts is the most irritating part.
The inmates run the show
Pre Flight Global Line Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 17, 2015
HR has completely lost control with the union members
union member watch TV talk on the phone and are offered
open overtime. No wonder Bombardier is in so much trouble.
Pros
Salary
Cons
HR Manager and union members
good place to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
good place to work for .
learn a lot
management ok
co-workers ok
job is ok ,everybody can do it
payday, satisfaction, proud,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
trafic
Professional place to work
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno, QuebecJune 3, 2015
Nice place to work; professional and civilized, high standards.

Inspiring environment for building up a career. Nice colleagues.Lots to learn. Good training courses provided all the time. Nice place to grow and work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful environment
Not a fun place to work. There is no work and a life management balance
Engineering Documentation Release Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
IT IS EXPECTED for you to have no life when working at Bombardier... in the end, when it comes down to the crunch they chew you and spit you out, at a blink of an eye.
Pros
no freebees... just a job
Unsecure
Supply chain agent (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 29, 2015
Middle management ruins the company
not enough pros for the job
too much micromanaginf
promote ppl just because of seniorty not intelligence
Pros
no pros
Cons
bad management
Good exposure to aerospace
Electronic Equipment Design Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2015
Company provides good exposure to aerospace product development.
Provides exposure to a large and sophisticated manufacturing area.
It is a great place to work and develop skills.
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
You learn and grow a lot by working with lots of talented people. It is the symbol of Canadian pride. The pay is good, but the work load is a lot , at times it may disturb your work life balance. It has low stability and security mainly due to the fierce unforgivable market competitions.
Dynamic work environment
Supervisor Engineering Group (Former Employee) –  DorvalMay 12, 2015
- A typical day consisted of supervising a group of 30 mechanical Completions Designers/ Contractors. Hiring/ firing employees distributing, checking, correcting, approving and supervising their work.
- I learned that responsibility ultimately falls to he who is least responsible.
- Management was liquid. I supervised because the two previous supervisors went on a well deserved stress leave. I only knew our new Director for a couple of weeks. He never asked my opinion for anything.
- My co-workers, for the most part, were hardworking, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and enjoyable. Near the end management brought in a new bunch from the new director`s last program to replace us.
- The hardest part of the job was lack of support and communication from management.
- The most enjoyable part was dynamic environment and a job I thrived in.
Pros
Environment, People and the work.
Cons
The ending
Not stable
IT Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
I had the pleasure of working there for a few months only. After my manager left on a sick leave I had three different managers in one month and one week after the Director of the department told me Iwas doing such a good job that the only reason I would not be incharge of the department was the fact that I was new, she decided tolet me go with no particular reason given
Pros
good benefits, salary
Cons
see my review
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  DownsviewMay 6, 2015
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Bad Management bureaucratic, operate in silos
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 4, 2015
very bureaucratic...management does meetings all day. does not appreciate pro active people or taking initiative. thats about it
over all duties
Bilingual Administrative Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  123 garret rdMay 1, 2015
The most important part of working there that I had a great opportunity to learn and develop more of my skills. I had worked under pressure and also I have example to lead and to be dedicated to the firm.
Pros
cooperative management
Cons
challenging