Bombardier Employee Reviews

Great employer in Quebec
Thermodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Very well structured company, determined to become a major player in the commercial and business aircraft manufacturers world industry.
great place to work for
Agent Logistique Hardware-Electric (Former Employee) –  St Laurent QubecJuly 13, 2015
With the new Lear 85 aircraft,all item purchase were brand new,
you add to be able to adjust at any time.
was very exating to work on new technologies and being part of a new generation of aircraft.
hardest part of the job was to keep delivery of components regardles of the ingenering chage in mid productions.
Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 16, 2015
It is an excellent Aerospace company that constantly improves its processes to make the company as efficient as possible to provide a Quality product as cost effective as possible.
Productive and friendly work environment. Gym and cafeteria on premises.
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 8, 2015
Bombardier was an excellent employer with great benefits and supportive management. I especially like the fact that management and supervisors had the mindset that they would do their best to provide workers with the necessary tools to get the job done. My supervisor was always approachable, and complemented me when I completed a job ahead of schedule.

Although much of what I did was structured, with specific guidelines to follow, it was not boring. It required concentration, attention to details and great discipline. However, one of the best part of working for the organization, was working with a group of people who respected each other and was always willing to assist one another. We had lots of fun times and created wonderful memories.

The worst part of my job was the commute. Driving home in rush hour traffic on a Friday in the summer, not good.

Best job I ever had.
Pros
Working in a friendly environment.
Cons
Commuting to the job.
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
fun
Project Manager, Logistics and Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
Good Work life balance, I liked working for them, the only bad thing is the frequent layoff, but still I don't mind working there again.
Alright place to work
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 12, 2015
it is a job typical assembly line most people hate their lives not a recommended place to work no care for a quality product
Challenging and Rewarding Company
Business Aircraft Market Analyst (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the result of your hard work. Bombardier has the most intelligent and skilled workers, and it is rewarding to be in that environment.
Good place to work overall
Project engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 2, 2015
Pros : Flexible time schedule for office jobs. Good opportunities to move from one position to the other. 3 weeks vacations + 2 for holidays.

Cons : Business well known for cutting jobs. Average salaries with low increase.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Pros
free social benefits
Cons
silos
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
Great internship
Stagiaire Gestion de Projets (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 29, 2015
Bombardier Aerospace was a place where I got to earn very valuable experience in the professional work place and the trust to work on very large projects.
Not stable
IT Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
I had the pleasure of working there for a few months only. After my manager left on a sick leave I had three different managers in one month and one week after the Director of the department told me Iwas doing such a good job that the only reason I would not be incharge of the department was the fact that I was new, she decided tolet me go with no particular reason given
Pros
good benefits, salary
Cons
see my review
productive environment
team environment
analytical development
challenging technical information
Professional place to work
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno, QuebecJune 3, 2015
Nice place to work; professional and civilized, high standards.

Inspiring environment for building up a career. Nice colleagues.Lots to learn. Good training courses provided all the time. Nice place to grow and work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sometimes stressful environment
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Winters
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Pros
Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons
Low Job Security
It is a great place to work and develop skills.
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
You learn and grow a lot by working with lots of talented people. It is the symbol of Canadian pride. The pay is good, but the work load is a lot , at times it may disturb your work life balance. It has low stability and security mainly due to the fierce unforgivable market competitions.
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  DownsviewMay 6, 2015
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons
long hours.