Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Not stable
IT Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
I had the pleasure of working there for a few months only. After my manager left on a sick leave I had three different managers in one month and one week after the Director of the department told me Iwas doing such a good job that the only reason I would not be incharge of the department was the fact that I was new, she decided tolet me go with no particular reason given
Pros
good benefits, salary
Cons
see my review
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  DownsviewMay 6, 2015
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Bad Management bureaucratic, operate in silos
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 4, 2015
very bureaucratic...management does meetings all day. does not appreciate pro active people or taking initiative. thats about it
over all duties
Bilingual Administrative Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  123 garret rdMay 1, 2015
The most important part of working there that I had a great opportunity to learn and develop more of my skills. I had worked under pressure and also I have example to lead and to be dedicated to the firm.
Pros
cooperative management
Cons
challenging
Great place to learn
Senior Supplier Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
Bombardier can be a career company or a stepping stone. IT all depends on how you feel you fit in. As with all companies, there is room for improvement.
Good company
Analyst, Structure & Truck Engineering - Coop (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 26, 2015
Great products, good work dynamics. I had the chance to work with extremely qualified people. Worked a typical 40 hrs/week schedule,
Unfortunately because of C-series company is not doing well and lots of downsizing
Various (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
I worked in different departments. I really like some of them while others were not challenging enough. Friendly environment with kind employees.
quality inspection
inspector quality (Former Employee) –  saint laurent QcApril 18, 2015
bombardier is good company but depend the market job security is a stress because anytime can layoff people depend production
Excellent work environment
customer support engineer (Former Employee) –  montreal.qcApril 17, 2015
A long and strong history in Canada made Bombardier to acquire a strong reputation in every niche the company is involved in.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Pros
Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons
Low Job Security
Class A Welder (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 14, 2015
Bombardier was very well organized and a great atmosphere to work in
Everyone works together and creates great team work.
I worked about 35 years with ans systems that manufactured by Thales atm.
Electrical Installer, Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
I started working with ans system from 1980,installed all navigations systemes that manufactured by Thales and trains students.
Fun place to work for the summer
Student (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 3, 2015
I worked at Bombardier as a summer student in 2014, and I really enjoyed my time there.
I learned a lot about office dynamics and the process of creating and confirming purchase orders.
Pros
The people
Cons
The work was sometimes very repetitive
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Winters
Typical big corporation
System Stress Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCMarch 22, 2015
A world leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative aviation products and services for business, commercial and amphibious aircraft markets.
Commitment to excellance.
Project Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  MontrealMarch 12, 2015
Meeting daily challenges off working in a changing, fast paced and
continuous learning environment, while meeting company schedule, cost and quality objectives.
Pros
compensation
Cons
long hours to meet demanding schedules.
Nice place to work
Superviseur des Operations Programme Challenger (Former Employee) –  Montreal, quebecMarch 10, 2015
Good company to grow.
Very good to develop culture of business administration
very good for any change inside the company
open to move internally
Pros
salary and vacation
Cons
n/a
positive attitude workplace
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
a very good place to work. chance to advance and show your qualifications. excellent benefits. assistance with further education.
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons
long hours.
Summer intern
Summer R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 2, 2015
It was a good experience for me. I enjoyed my time working at Bombardier and would recommend them as an employer. The R&D project I worked on was very interesting from a technical standpoint.