Bombardier Employee Reviews

Learning opportunities
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC4 May 2017
I have learned a lot on my journey. I had the possibility of exploring different department while staying at the same company and keeping all my benefits. Possibilities of promotions and pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
Job availability
Cons
Big organization - long turnaround to implement new information
Fair Pay
Material Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay2 May 2017
It was a decent place to work, job was never secure and management was not great to work with. Other employees were helpful when needed but not the best environment to work in.
Cons
Bad hours, very hot inside
Great Quebec company
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC1 May 2017
Being able to work and see the final product of an aircraft being assembled is something that will never escape my mind. Great team, lots of young employees and high on team building
it was good
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
it was alright, I enjoyed every bit of my four month coop there. they were very cooperative and assisting. as an intern, they did not provide me with any stipend, hence I suggest to apply for a permenant position there.
Good benefits, a lot of different opportunities
Market Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC24 April 2017
Good benefits, a lot of different opportunities inside if you would like to move. pretty casual and flexible working environment. But it is not stable
Pros
Good benifits, flexile and casual environment, a lot of different opportunities
Cons
Not a stable company, can get laid off very frenquently
aircraft structure assembler
Aircraft structure assembler (Current Employee) –  North York, ON16 April 2017
everything works according to democratic demands
best thing ever if you're new in industry
very helpful coworkers and helping nature.
unionized job is best thing ever
Pros
paid lunch, ot aftrer 8 hours
Cons
no cons
Largest Aerospace employer
Materials & Processes Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 April 2017
Being a large company, Bombardier offers jobs and experiences in a large variety of fields and specialties.
Ever since the economic downturn and restructuring, employee engagement and enablement became much less important.
There is some bullying in workplace.
The job pays well and the benefits are also good.
productive and fun place
Customer Support & Reliability Safety (Current Employee) –  Mirabel, Canada12 April 2017
Planing, evaluating, estimating the time for the main priorities and executing the tasks. Every day is a new learning experience about operational problems and solutions. Management update and communication with authorities (FAA, TCCA, EASA). The hardest part of the job is to explain the customers what delays could be expected and why.
Pros
Experience and meeting new people
Cons
healtcare, medical care
Company culture not followed by management
Airworthiness Specialist CSeries (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 April 2017
Bombardier provides good benefits but the management does not "walk the talk" when it comes to company culture. Many departments especially on development programs are very high stress with little recognition or compensation for your efforts. All of my direct managers have been very good but this is not the case across the board.
Pros
Good benefits, many locations in Montreal (depending on your department)
Cons
High expectations to do more and stay long hours.
production line
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2017
I have been working on Bombardier's aircraft for almost my entire career. Every day we learned new things as we meet more experiences assemblers on the line, we have the opportunity to moved higher in the company such as becoming a method agents, quality control etc. Bombardier aerospace fits my personality as an effective worker.

Want to know more about Bombardier?

Ask a question
competitive pay but not stable
aircraft assembler (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 April 2017
bad management, lack of care for employees and too many layoffs recently. Extremely unstable job and difficult to reach pension hours. Many alternative companies that are much more stable.
Unproductive - looking to leave
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal5 April 2017
Some work late, others leave early.
Coffee only available at coffee shop, which closes at 3PM.
Meetings after meetings, but nothing gets done.
Timely delivery supersede quality of deliverable.
No telephones... PC headset for VOIP.
Bombardier Aerospace
Executive Assistant - Global (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC31 March 2017
I loved the years that I spent at Bombardier Aerospace. I learned a lot and worked with some phenomenal people. The only reason I left such a great job was because my family needed me at home.
Great team to work with
Product Introduction Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
One of the best Canadian Employers. Excellent benefits and growth opportunities. Paid education. Great work environment and high level of job security.
An exciting workplace
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
Exciting to come to work, I leaned a lot about manufacturing, my boss was a really nice person, the people were nice, the hardest part was staying focused since their is always something happening. The most enjoyable part was working with such intelligent and nice people.
Pros
Cons
High attrition rate
Productive fun place with recreation room.
Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Bombardier is a good place of work. Multinational and multicultural organization with full of good, friendly and experience people. So far a good experience.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
lot of work.
Productive and good place to work
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto,Canada20 March 2017
Productive and good place to work. Working on new airplanes is very exciting.You learn how the airplane is put togeyher in pieces.Learn how to read engineering prints and also advance engineering work.
Bombardier
Manufacturing Integrator/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Being truly global means being visionary. It means accomplishment and inspiring others internationally.

Global leaders are Bombardier’s inspiration for the Global aircraft family. It is they who inspire us with their life's mission, drive for change and absolute achievement in a variety of fields. It is they who can best leverage the noblest lineage of any aircraft in business aviation today.

The most exceptional aircraft experience available allows our world business leaders to meet at the juncture of sophistication and synergy.
A workplace with good environment
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Derby, UK6 March 2017
The company takes his first step on Health and safety of the employees and has good strategy to train the employees on the specific project.
Apart from your department of work, you have to collaborate with other department people which gives you good vision about the project work and your goal to achieve.
Pros
As long as you work perfect the organisation takes good care of you, You are independent decision maker on your own work but within stipulated time.
Cons
Not much
One of the better Company to work with.
Interior designer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2017
Bombardier is one of top global players in the aerospace industry. Good place to work , learn and develop one's career. It has employee friendly work culture overall.
As for the work hours, it all depends on your supervisors and managers.
Pros
I feel lucky to work under a good Manager.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.