BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Experience, with a lot of red tape
Plant Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2012
Very bureaucratic and sometimes hard to work around union issues.
But great knowledge can be gained
good work enviorement
maintenance modifications (Former Employee), Burnaby,BCNovember 8, 2012
typical some days more hectic than others, most days learned something different, all hands on deck for all and different jos need for completion, hardest part was sometimes interperting changes that had to be modifications.
Excellent Company, Management and Employees.
Procurement Supervisor (Temp.) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork
Cons: job security on contract jobs
Excellent Company, Management and Employees. Hoping I get opportunity to return after being released after short term contract as employee returned from sick leave. I believe I am a valuable team member.
Production line it's not a very nice place to work
Assembleur (Former Employee), Dorval, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: benefit
Cons: supervision
Working there it's like being in jail, everything you do you are check on. Even going to the bathroom it's a problem, they count how many time you go. I didn't enjoy working there, the department I was working they call it Alcatraz. So........
Difficult to stay employed without a massive amount of senority
ELECTRICAL/AVIONICS INSTALLER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: well paid with lots of overtime
Cons: globalization, job losses to foreign countries.
An extremely quality controlled ,fast pace work enviornment. Plenty of co-worker assistance in training, finding solutions
Stable Employment
LEAD ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 15, 2012
For those looking to join a stable and steady employer should consider Bombardier.
Great company to work with
Office Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Perform project administrative functions by gathering project deliverables from various internal & external groups and entering them in department database.

Responsible for generating & maintaining department purchase orders, as per company policy, for work sent out to external suppliers.

Negotiate prices with external suppliers for services provided – more... to the department.

Provide assistance to the Project Manager by reserving, screening, & releasing project deliverable reports in department database.

Provide customer service to internal & external Bombardier clients who required drawings & reports.

Involved with continuous improvement projects within the group to improve department processes as part of Achieving Excellence initiative by the company.

Worked with team in establishing measurement metrics to support company’s initiative of creating a safe & rewarding workplace as part of Achieving Excellence.

Create & maintain databases in Excel – less
Lots of opportunities for career development
Product Development & Engineering (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
The opportunities are there in various fields of career development.
Ecellent Company
Principal PLM Program Integrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 31, 2012
Wide and varied roles – no day was the same – everyday had its own routine and challenges. This made it interesting environment.
Great Place to Work
DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER SERVICES AND SUPPORT, CSERIES (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: large company
Cons: large company
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering now, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide and making it easier for people to connect with one another.

However people choose to travel, they’ll find a Bombardier product ready to transport them. Our vast offering of products includes high – more... speed trains, public transit that’s smarter than ever, category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the realities of today.

Bombardier answers the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation. We partner with customers, local organizations and all stakeholders to help build communities and improve quality of life wherever we do business.

Bombardier is present in more than 60 countries, with 76 production and engineering sites among them. Our 70,000 employees push mobility forward by creating aerospace and rail transportation products adapted for the travellers of today and tomorrow.

Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. – less
Fun place with friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2012
I learned lot of things at this place when I was working as a Intern. Meeting with Managers and design Engineers was a great part for Brain Storming. I was assign a task to improve a design process of a product development program. During the first day of work I felt so good when the manager of our department joined with me for the lunch.
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
Strategic Procurement Analyst - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 8, 2012
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee), MontrealApril 26, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: very dipressing enviroment
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub – more... you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long. – less
High Independence, it's all swings and roundabouts....
stress analyst (Current Employee), Montreal, QS, CanadaFebruary 27, 2012
High Independence, it's all swings and roundabouts.... Hard to define, - if everything ok...
Productive workplace
Production Planner (Current Employee), MelbourneSeptember 14, 2014
I enjoyed the first year of working here as a Production Planner as you are very much exposed to every department within the company as we all work towards the completion of the project.

I was offered a full time position but needed a new challenge within a Product Design Engineering environment.
Great Place for honing your craft as a technician
Bombardier Global Express Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: it's hot in arizona
I have learned a lot while working for Bombardier and look forward to continuing that momentum in my professional career.
Place, where I could learn alot and get good experience.
Welding/methods engineer (Current Employee), Winterthur (CH), Kiev (Ukraine)September 8, 2014
Very good management of relationships between colleagues.
Well organised procedures.
High level of education and skills upgrades inside of the company.
Structrual technician
Aircraft Structural Technician (Current Employee), Macon, GASeptember 5, 2014
Nice place for aircraft technicians. 12 hour shifts though. if your have no seniority, your will probably start off on night shifts
great place to work
Buyer (Former Employee), waukeegan illlinoisSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: growth and power
Cons: company was sold
great company to work for, work was fun. you were able to test drive boats and motors and were not micro managed.
Very productive Company and great for Interns to learn technical attributes.
Instrumentation Tech- Summer Intern 2014 (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 30, 2014
Pros: relaxed workplace, competitive intern pay.
Cons: furloughs due to delays in new aircraft design.
Was a summer intern for bombardier and loved every minute of it. Typical day at work as a summer intern involved calibrating testing equipment used by Flight line Techs. Also assist Engineers with experiments they are conducting. Troubleshoot Electronic systems involved in instrumentation and data systems. Learned very valuable skills like troubleshooting – more... and creating cable assemblies. Also learned how to solder very precise assemblies and circuits. No hard part to the job very fun company to intern with. Management was really lenient and respected its workers at least Interns. – less

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more