Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

It is a great place to work and develop skills.
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
You learn and grow a lot by working with lots of talented people. It is the symbol of Canadian pride. The pay is good, but the work load is a lot , at times it may disturb your work life balance. It has low stability and security mainly due to the fierce unforgivable market competitions.
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Winters
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Pros
Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons
Low Job Security
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  DownsviewMay 6, 2015
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not a fun place to work. There is no work and a life management balance
Engineering Documentation Release Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
IT IS EXPECTED for you to have no life when working at Bombardier... in the end, when it comes down to the crunch they chew you and spit you out, at a blink of an eye.
Pros
no freebees... just a job
Dynamic work environment
Supervisor Engineering Group (Former Employee) –  DorvalMay 12, 2015
- A typical day consisted of supervising a group of 30 mechanical Completions Designers/ Contractors. Hiring/ firing employees distributing, checking, correcting, approving and supervising their work.
- I learned that responsibility ultimately falls to he who is least responsible.
- Management was liquid. I supervised because the two previous supervisors went on a well deserved stress leave. I only knew our new Director for a couple of weeks. He never asked my opinion for anything.
- My co-workers, for the most part, were hardworking, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and enjoyable. Near the end management brought in a new bunch from the new director`s last program to replace us.
- The hardest part of the job was lack of support and communication from management.
- The most enjoyable part was dynamic environment and a job I thrived in.
Pros
Environment, People and the work.
Cons
The ending
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons
long hours.
The inmates run the show
Pre Flight Global Line Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 17, 2015
HR has completely lost control with the union members
union member watch TV talk on the phone and are offered
open overtime. No wonder Bombardier is in so much trouble.
Pros
Salary
Cons
HR Manager and union members
over all duties
Bilingual Administrative Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  123 garret rdMay 1, 2015
The most important part of working there that I had a great opportunity to learn and develop more of my skills. I had worked under pressure and also I have example to lead and to be dedicated to the firm.
Pros
cooperative management
Cons
challenging
Good pay and benifits/ Bad management
Aeronautics Structural Assembler (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCJanuary 15, 2015
Co-workers and the jobs you do are great, management on the other is all about production... your supervisor is under so much pressure from the the top of chain that it all ends up going down the chain when things aren't done on time. When everything is going fine it's an awesome place to work, you learn a lot and get to work some cool jobs.
Pros
overtime is generaly availible
Cons
big company and your just a number
Working at Bombardier
PROJECT MANAGER - Q400 SYSTEMS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Bombardier provides challenges in getting cross functional buy-in for all changes related to the business. People that thrive in this business are people that are able to withstand criticism. My favourite part of the business is the amount of exposure I had with all the different people across all the different business functions.
Junior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Thunder BayNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include, phone calls with vendors, liaising with other department,expediting materials, providing feedback to vendors by answering concerns and developing relationships. Analyzing purchase orders to make sure accounts payable is in order.

Everyday is a learning experience. No matter how good you are at your daily tasks and duties you can always be learning new things and achieving new goals.
factory conveyor belts work
WELDER-FITTER (Former Employee) –  valcourt QuebecNovember 4, 2014
BRP had it advantages and disadvantages, being stuck in a confined space for 8 hour her day doing the same welds 36 to 38 times per hour. what i learned is how to weld thin stainless steel and steal fast with little defaults because every pass we did was pressure tested in water for weld straight and no porosity holes. the hardest part of the job i found was, the jobs where to short, would have to do to many of the same thing all day long.
Pros
health and dental benifits
Cons
repetitive work
Fun place to work for the summer
Student (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QCApril 3, 2015
I worked at Bombardier as a summer student in 2014, and I really enjoyed my time there.
I learned a lot about office dynamics and the process of creating and confirming purchase orders.
Pros
The people
Cons
The work was sometimes very repetitive
Difficult employer, great employees
Team Lead Methods Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder BayOctober 29, 2014
There is no typical day here. There is a new challenge every day. There are some great people in some departments. Management is weakly leading the team and the company is quite top-heavy. There is a lack of communication and trust which leads to low morale.
The group of people that I work with is excellent and if we could overcome the barriers that prevent us from doing a good job I would gladly work with them for many years to come.
Good exposure to aerospace
Electronic Equipment Design Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 19, 2015
Company provides good exposure to aerospace product development.
Provides exposure to a large and sophisticated manufacturing area.
productive and very respectful ambiance
Financial Technician (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCOctober 24, 2014
I've learned that any issue is resolvable. Great working ambiance, including generosity in respect from my colleagues and fairness from my immediate supervisor. I mostly liked when anytime I needed help or had questions, I had full support from my team. In all, it was very motivating to work at Bombardier. Many of our objectives were accomplished. Great success! Much appreciated.
Pros
40 mins lunch to leave 20 mins earlier everyday
great place to gain experience
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 22, 2015
i enjoyed it but it was very unstable with layoffs and strikes. i learned alot as it was my first job out of college. it had a good atmosphere and was very easy to work at. being a tradesperson and not being paid trade wages was not the greatest. good starter job.
Pros
was close to home
Cons
very unstable work
Unfortunately because of C-series company is not doing well and lots of downsizing
Various (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
I worked in different departments. I really like some of them while others were not challenging enough. Friendly environment with kind employees.
Corrupt, inefficient and nepotism is overlooked
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 30, 2014
You are not allowed to ask any questions that might point to a problem.
Nepotism is seen at a very large scale; HR is not there for the employees, they seem very lost. If you are friends with the boss, then you will just sail through, even if you are a complete incompetent.
People with no technical knowledge are leading engineering projects.
No training is permitted due to cost containment. Young engineers are not being guided, very sad that they are not challenged.
Too many project leads/section chiefs/managers - who's working anymore?
This company does not have any culture, employees are just numbers.