Bombardier Employee Reviews

Excellent people to work with.
Maintenance Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
I am very comfortable there. I was trained to the fullest, I have already learn new things.

I gained a lot more experince in terms of computer skills.

I have learned to organze my self better.
Working on a train and hearning the horn
Gerenal worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 January 2016
When I get there I had to clean the shop and check to see what locomotive was going back into service. I learn how the railway works, safety rules on the tracks and etc. The management knew what they was doing. The guys I worked with was very cool. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold while the engine was hot inside. The fun part of the job when you sit down in the cab and you see how high you are.
Pros
Watchong other trains passing by
Cons
Cleaning up oil and always being dirty
Productive and fun team to work with
Intern in Maintenance on the series Global (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2016
Very good atmosphere. People are very helpful and friendly. very nice building and location. every day we had a daily morning meeting with every person on the team.
Cons
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 January 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Qualifications on hiring
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
Pros
Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons
A boys club
overall decent place to work
Structures Specialist Global (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 December 2015
decent place to work and get experience.
however do not expect to be able to switch between departments. once you're in one field, it will be extremely difficult to change.
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 December 2015
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Pros
shutdowns at Christmas
Cons
too many meetings
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2015
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
Pros
Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons
No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 November 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl
Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Montreal18 November 2015
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
Pros
Cons
BOMBardier
New experience
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Malaysia13 November 2015
Learn new things on Train System.

Organisation is good to be work. benefit are good too. There were no much support for SHE from my division, Have to work Independence. Less contribution on SHE from the team.

Hardest time was given short of time line to achieve KPIs. Have to work in stressful environment.
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
layoffs
Alright place to work
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON12 November 2015
it is a job typical assembly line most people hate their lives not a recommended place to work no care for a quality product
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC10 November 2015
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
Pros
Great product, Great team
Cons
Current share value, Excessive job loss
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
Great employer in Quebec
Thermodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2015
Very well structured company, determined to become a major player in the commercial and business aircraft manufacturers world industry.
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 November 2015
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes
  more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities.
Pros
Supportive boss and peers
Cons
Minimal training, long hours due to high workload