Bombardier Employee Reviews

Great place to work for. best 25 years of my life.
Material Logistic Agent (Spares part sales) (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC29 March 2016
As a buyer, place P.O.s, Planned and replenish the inventory.
Super user with SAP for the CSR and Kitting
Great group of co-workers.
Large company
Chief Instructor Pilot-Commercial Aircraft (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 March 2016
Bombardier is a very large company with multiple opportunities. Although they try the best to make a quality product they sometimes forget the "human" factor.
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 November 2015
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
Pros
Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons
No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 January 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
Loved working at Bombardier
Dash 8 Q400 Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON18 March 2016
I enjoyed working at Bombardier, the people are fantastic, friendly and eager to help. Unfortunately I was part of the layoffs.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Layoffs
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Montreal18 November 2015
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
Pros
Cons
BOMBardier
Great place to work and lots of possibilities
Adjointe administrative à la direction (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 February 2016
A typical day at Bombardier includes, a lot of meetings to attend, manage emails, agenda, calls, etc.
Pros
Salary, great benefits, fun environnement
Cons
Too many meetings
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 December 2015
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Pros
shutdowns at Christmas
Cons
too many meetings
Great People, Family Atmosphere
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC25 February 2016
Bombardier takes good care of it's employees.
Great Engineering experience.
9 to 5
learned engineering skills
people oriented management
friendly and educated co-workers
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC10 November 2015
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
Pros
Great product, Great team
Cons
Current share value, Excessive job loss
enjoy negotiation
Agent logistique (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC9 February 2016
i bought part for the challenger 350.
i enjoy working on my own and negotiate with suppliers
i Used SAP ERP to order parts
The aerospace industry has a lot of opportunities with the New C-Series coming
Great company
Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QC8 March 2016
Bombardier has a good working environment, with a great team, good people who are helpfull and passionate about their work.
Great benifits.
Pros
good working environment
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
Pros
Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons
A boys club
Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2015
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Pros
Learning
Cons
average management
Outstanding Learning Experience
Operations & Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 October 2015
Bombardier has provided me the opportunity to learn and grow my skillset. I have had to adapt to rapid changes in strategies, methodologies and management. My most enjoyable and memorable experiences have been field-related wherein I have been entrusted to utilize my experience, contributing to the success of numerous projects. During my multi-faceted tenure at BT I have been fortunate to have been appointed to T&C commissioning teams, performed various safety, control centre and track evaluation audits to assess the status of existing conditions and to assist in the development of new strategies, remedial actions, designs and rules compliance.
Pros
Freedom to make recommendations for improvement of existing coniditions
Cons
Not being the industry leader.
Excellent people to work with.
Maintenance Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
I am very comfortable there. I was trained to the fullest, I have already learn new things.

I gained a lot more experince in terms of computer skills.

I have learned to organze my self better.
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2016
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Pros
salary
Cons
layoffs
Productive and fun team to work with
Intern in Maintenance on the series Global (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2016
Very good atmosphere. People are very helpful and friendly. very nice building and location. every day we had a daily morning meeting with every person on the team.