Bombardier Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging place
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 December 2016
Challenging place first time working in aerospace sector aldo I was there short time learned a lot it is hard to give my review but overall I enjoyed working in Bombardier
Great Company, great finance teams!
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Great Company, great finance teams!

Bombardier Aerospace is a complex business where learning and challenges are a daily task.

It's indeed an excellent place to work and grow.
Bombardier is a significant employer in Ontario
Quality Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
The government is very supportive of Bombardier despite lack of business acumen in the build of the aircraft. The shop floor employees are excellent and deserve better management.
you cant count on a permanent job there
Electrical assembler (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2017
I like working there but there is some problem you can not work long time with a indeterminate contract .I'm looking for a stable job .
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2016
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
Great employee standards
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 October 2016
Excellent work experience and employment standards. It was a contract position but I would return at a moments notice. The Kingston, ON location was very well managed and a joy to work at.

Thanks
Pros
free coffee
Cons
contract
Good place to learn a lot, because you are doing almost every jobs of all the team.
Technicienne ressources humaines (Current Employee) –  Dorval, Qc21 April 2014
A typical day at work is, answering numerous phone calls and emails. Take care of the preparation of the documents we have to send to our former employees or our future retirees. Validation of the calculations. Helping the team in their jobs.

I have learn that I'm a fast learner, with a lot of hard work I can do a lot everyday.

Unfortunately the management are really too busy to appreciate alle our good work.

The hardest part for me is to have always to much on my plate each day, and feeling that I never accommplish a good job, even though it's not the case. Since I'm a little bit perfectionnist, it is hard for me, but I manage anyway.

The most enjoyable part of the work is that we have a good team spirit. I like team work.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
To much work for one person, always overload.
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee) –  Montreal26 April 2012
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very dipressing enviroment
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2016
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Pros
salary
Cons
layoffs
Very motivating environment
Four month internship in the Method group (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC2 November 2016
Very pleasant place to work. I like the availability of the superior and the co-worker to give me hints. It was for a Internship and a felt welcome by everyone.
friendly and flexible place to work
Talent Acquisition Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 March 2016
very flexible in terms of work life balance, not many great opportunities for advancement. Management is very disorganized.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
managment is disorganised
Amazing company
Emergency Service Responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great company to work for. A lot of different opportunities. Great people, communication, customer service. Work with daily medicals and life threatening events.
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2016
Good company, management not very efficient, some discrimination under table, project management need to be improved
Great place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Bombardier is a good place to work. This was the first multi-national corporation that I have worked for. It has been an interesting experience so far.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lots of red tape hard to find information about different area's of the company.
Working for Bombardier
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Fun place to work with much experience in production. Its great if you can change departments every so often to keep things interesting. The constant fear of layoffs is the reason I would never return.
nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal Canada17 August 2015
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Pros
Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons
Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2015
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Pros
Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons
Low Job Security
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
Benefits
Cons
Slow professional advancement

80%