Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Pros
Learning
Cons
average management
Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 16, 2015
It is an excellent Aerospace company that constantly improves its processes to make the company as efficient as possible to provide a Quality product as cost effective as possible.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
Benefits
Cons
Slow professional advancement
productive environment
team environment
analytical development
challenging technical information
Awesome Company to Work with
Migration Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
BT is an international company. I joined BT as a consultant for Migrating all their computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. It was a wonderful experience working with them and I throughly enjoyed working in a company that has boundry less behaviour
Great internship
Stagiaire Gestion de Projets (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 29, 2015
Bombardier Aerospace was a place where I got to earn very valuable experience in the professional work place and the trust to work on very large projects.
Great co-workers and environment to work in
Human Resources Technical - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Best part of the job is hearing from the supervisors I work with in the province next door. Hearing how I help them do their job a little bit easier.
Although learning to do this job was quite difficult, with doing 6 days a week for 6 weeks, I was glad to be able to do it with my co-worker.
This job was a great opportunity for me to burst out from my HR education to HR life.
Working with Pride
Methods Agent (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Bombardier was a wonderful experience. There is much to learn, as it offers many training programs and provides new challenges with every new program it initiates. The co-workers are professionals, who are willing to help each other through the spirit of team work, but also provide a competitive edge with daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to society by providing state of the art products. Unfortunately, the most difficult part is knowing that such a wonderful company is also subject to a healthy and unhealthy economy.
Excellent Company with great benefits
Customer Service Support-Electrical (Former Employee) –  Garratt, OntarioSeptember 25, 2015
Excellent company to work for, it is a diverse environment and lots of things to learn. My colleagues are fantastic, fun and caring. The only throw back is the massive laid off when the contract expired.
Pros
free turkey on thanksgiving day
Cons
N/A
Create company to work for.
Senior material logistic agent (Former Employee) –  St-Laurent, QCSeptember 15, 2015
- Fast past work environment ( Customer service )
- Learned how to deal with internal and external customers.
- Management was very good.
- We had a create team.
- The hardest part of the job was the stress to deliver on time on daily base for the KPI,s.
.- The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and having the customers telling you how much they appreciated the services.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Pros
free social benefits
Cons
silos
Productive and friendly work environment. Gym and cafeteria on premises.
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 8, 2015
Bombardier was an excellent employer with great benefits and supportive management. I especially like the fact that management and supervisors had the mindset that they would do their best to provide workers with the necessary tools to get the job done. My supervisor was always approachable, and complemented me when I completed a job ahead of schedule.

Although much of what I did was structured, with specific guidelines to follow, it was not boring. It required concentration, attention to details and great discipline. However, one of the best part of working for the organization, was working with a group of people who respected each other and was always willing to assist one another. We had lots of fun times and created wonderful memories.

The worst part of my job was the commute. Driving home in rush hour traffic on a Friday in the summer, not good.

Best job I ever had.
Pros
Working in a friendly environment.
Cons
Commuting to the job.
Challenging and Rewarding Company
Business Aircraft Market Analyst (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the result of your hard work. Bombardier has the most intelligent and skilled workers, and it is rewarding to be in that environment.
Good place to work overall
Project engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 2, 2015
Pros : Flexible time schedule for office jobs. Good opportunities to move from one position to the other. 3 weeks vacations + 2 for holidays.

Cons : Business well known for cutting jobs. Average salaries with low increase.
Awesome Product
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2015
The company is in aviation and transportantion, which are both very interesting fields. Every day I had the opportunity of watching airplanes rolling out of the production line and taking off right from my office window, which is something that really brings you closer to what this is about.
Excellent Company for the Employees, not so much for business
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealAugust 24, 2015
I love this Company, they were great with employees, so much so that they would forget sometimes this is was not supposed to e a charity, and they should be in Business to make money. They should increase accountability and really deal with poor performers.
Pros
Aviation Industry Rocks
Cons
They should deal with poor performers
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal CanadaAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Pros
Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons
Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
A company that continuously moves forward.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  downsview, onAugust 13, 2015
Fast paced work flow.
Advanced training on a steady basis.
Skilled managers.
Teamwork & typical compliance to strict production standards.
Standing on concrete all day with safety shoes on, being physically on the go all day, climbing, reaching, walking.
Full time, steady employment on a production line where tasks don't necessarily repeat from day to day. Troubleshooting is left up to the worker, giving a sense of personal accomplishment.
Pros
income is great
Cons
same workplace every day - few changes
Exciting day with great product
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QcJuly 18, 2015
Typical day start with daily morning meeting to get the feel of the team and ensure alignment among all employees

Then we escalate major issue and spend time coaching our employees

Management very present and supportive. We are well engaged and accountable of our deliverable

Hardest part of the job is the number of hour spent at work, but the company recognizes and will allow give and take time as required
Pros
Geat teams
Cons
Life balance
great place to work for
Agent Logistique Hardware-Electric (Former Employee) –  St Laurent QubecJuly 13, 2015
With the new Lear 85 aircraft,all item purchase were brand new,
you add to be able to adjust at any time.
was very exating to work on new technologies and being part of a new generation of aircraft.
hardest part of the job was to keep delivery of components regardles of the ingenering chage in mid productions.