Bombardier Employee Reviews

Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, MontrealNovember 18, 2015
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
Pros
Cons
BOMBardier
New experience
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 13, 2015
Learn new things on Train System.

Organisation is good to be work. benefit are good too. There were no much support for SHE from my division, Have to work Independence. Less contribution on SHE from the team.

Hardest time was given short of time line to achieve KPIs. Have to work in stressful environment.
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
layoffs
Alright place to work
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 12, 2015
it is a job typical assembly line most people hate their lives not a recommended place to work no care for a quality product
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCNovember 10, 2015
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
Pros
Great product, Great team
Cons
Current share value, Excessive job loss
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
Great employer in Quebec
Thermodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Very well structured company, determined to become a major player in the commercial and business aircraft manufacturers world industry.
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes
  more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities.
Pros
Supportive boss and peers
Cons
Minimal training, long hours due to high workload
fun
Project Manager, Logistics and Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
Good Work life balance, I liked working for them, the only bad thing is the frequent layoff, but still I don't mind working there again.
Job turn over rate is high
Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Mixed reviews depending on your Manager.
High turn over rate right now because of unstable market place.
Not "just in time" environment instead.. late again ..who's to blame for this one..
Pros
well paid
Cons
Job Security
Seeing your Project take flight every week made every day fun
Methods /Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Being involved in the first assembly of the Learjet 45 Wing, the first manufacture and assembly of the Global Express Business Jet, and to be the Operations Manager for the First Manufacture and Assembly of the deHavilland Q400 made for a very special career at Bombardier.
Fast paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Very fast paced work area & another nice place that i was previously worked for.. A bunch of people were let go after 9/11 cause people were too scared to purchase new aircraft.
Outstanding Learning Experience
Operations & Maintenance Planner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONOctober 30, 2015
Bombardier has provided me the opportunity to learn and grow my skillset. I have had to adapt to rapid changes in strategies, methodologies and management. My most enjoyable and memorable experiences have been field-related wherein I have been entrusted to utilize my experience, contributing to the success of numerous projects. During my multi-faceted tenure at BT I have been fortunate to have been appointed to T&C commissioning teams, performed various safety, control centre and track evaluation audits to assess the status of existing conditions and to assist in the development of new strategies, remedial actions, designs and rules compliance.
Pros
Freedom to make recommendations for improvement of existing coniditions
Cons
Not being the industry leader.
Very Professional Place to work and high tech
Professional Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2015
At Bombardier, I worked in two development programs (CSeries, and Global 7000/8000). I learned a lot about Aircraft system H/W integration and V&V. Also, I developed simulation models that impacted Aircraft performance and sizing requirements (e.g. Landing Gear Simulation model for the Global 7000/8000).
Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Pros
Learning
Cons
average management
Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 16, 2015
It is an excellent Aerospace company that constantly improves its processes to make the company as efficient as possible to provide a Quality product as cost effective as possible.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
Benefits
Cons
Slow professional advancement
productive environment
team environment
analytical development
challenging technical information
Awesome Company to Work with
Migration Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
BT is an international company. I joined BT as a consultant for Migrating all their computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. It was a wonderful experience working with them and I throughly enjoyed working in a company that has boundry less behaviour