Bombardier Employee Reviews

the end product is amazing
Manager AC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 September 2016
Challenging environment, that presents a daily challenge and opportunity. the final product is the most motivating factor in aerospace as you can see your effort put on wings and fly, no other job offers this.
Love it every day
Pros
dynamic envirenment
Cons
office politics
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2016
Good company, management not very efficient, some discrimination under table, project management need to be improved
Former Global Leader In Desperate Need Of Reorganization
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 September 2016
The company does not adhere to policy and procedures and input from experienced personnel is usually ignored. A culture of fear is continually perpetuated with threat of layoff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No Respect For Work/Life BalaNCE
Great Place to work
Site Master Scheduler, SAP Power User (Former Employee) –  Kingston8 September 2016
Enjoyed working at Bombardier, had the opportunity to advance, only unfortunate part is being laid off due to economy.
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
Not a secure industry
Unstable workplace
Analyste Sr, Business Système, IT (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC7 September 2016
The day to day is unstable as Bombardier is going through a rought time. Work environment is good. Working with Change Management and Gouvernance of multiple accounts + in charge of the Telecom Finance budget for IT Infrastructure.

The Change Mnagement is the most enjoyable part of my work. The finance portion is the hardest but learning every day.
Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal Canada18 August 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Excellent place to work!!!
Cisco IPT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
This was one of the best project I have worked on. We had a great team of Engineers & project managers. We worked like a family and helped each other technically and morally.
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 August 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
good place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 August 2016
very aggressive environment and friendly place to work. New and innovative ideas can be put in place. I strongly recommends working here.
Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 July 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
A nice place to learn Aerospace Project management
Project Lead (Aerospace) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 July 2016
I would start a day with a daily meeting with the team first then with the clients on the project updates. Track the project schedule, risks register and cost management.. Technical queries resolution. New business opportunities realization.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
Management changes frequently
Very Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 July 2016
Bombardier respects its employees, providing them with a unique experience. Job Pay and Benefits are very good.
nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC1 June 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Encouraging and demanding environment.
Intern - Core Methods Team, Global (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2016
Working with Bombardier for only 4 months as an engineering intern I did not see all aspects of the company, but from what I saw this is an all star employer.
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval