Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Create company to work for.
Senior material logistic agent (Former Employee) –  St-Laurent, QCSeptember 15, 2015
- Fast past work environment ( Customer service )
- Learned how to deal with internal and external customers.
- Management was very good.
- We had a create team.
- The hardest part of the job was the stress to deliver on time on daily base for the KPI,s.
.- The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and having the customers telling you how much they appreciated the services.
Managed at large customer
Bombardier Partnership Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
I would meet with the customer and ensure satisfaction with stock levels, product performance and ensure that our customer service was meeting expectations,
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
Pros
Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons
A boys club
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee) –  MontrealApril 26, 2012
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very dipressing enviroment
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes
  more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities.
Pros
Supportive boss and peers
Cons
Minimal training, long hours due to high workload
Difficult work environement - great people
Logistic Agent (Former Employee) –  DorvalDecember 12, 2014
Management overall is ineffective. Overtime expected but not compensated. Little recognition or chance of advancement unless you have connections.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
poor management, poor work/personal life balance, overtime expected
factory conveyor belts work
WELDER-FITTER (Former Employee) –  valcourt QuebecNovember 4, 2014
BRP had it advantages and disadvantages, being stuck in a confined space for 8 hour her day doing the same welds 36 to 38 times per hour. what i learned is how to weld thin stainless steel and steal fast with little defaults because every pass we did was pressure tested in water for weld straight and no porosity holes. the hardest part of the job i found was, the jobs where to short, would have to do to many of the same thing all day long.
Pros
health and dental benifits
Cons
repetitive work
poorly managed company
Welder (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Poorly managed extreme lack of communication between the floor and management and management had displayed poor supply chain timelines
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor pay and poor managment
overall decent place to work
Structures Specialist Global (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2015
decent place to work and get experience.
however do not expect to be able to switch between departments. once you're in one field, it will be extremely difficult to change.
Great co-workers and environment to work in
Human Resources Technical - Payroll (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Best part of the job is hearing from the supervisors I work with in the province next door. Hearing how I help them do their job a little bit easier.
Although learning to do this job was quite difficult, with doing 6 days a week for 6 weeks, I was glad to be able to do it with my co-worker.
This job was a great opportunity for me to burst out from my HR education to HR life.
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
positive attitude workplace
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2015
a very good place to work. chance to advance and show your qualifications. excellent benefits. assistance with further education.
New experience
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 13, 2015
Learn new things on Train System.

Organisation is good to be work. benefit are good too. There were no much support for SHE from my division, Have to work Independence. Less contribution on SHE from the team.

Hardest time was given short of time line to achieve KPIs. Have to work in stressful environment.
Very Professional Place to work and high tech
Professional Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2015
At Bombardier, I worked in two development programs (CSeries, and Global 7000/8000). I learned a lot about Aircraft system H/W integration and V&V. Also, I developed simulation models that impacted Aircraft performance and sizing requirements (e.g. Landing Gear Simulation model for the Global 7000/8000).
Good place to work overall
Project engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCSeptember 2, 2015
Pros : Flexible time schedule for office jobs. Good opportunities to move from one position to the other. 3 weeks vacations + 2 for holidays.

Cons : Business well known for cutting jobs. Average salaries with low increase.
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons
long hours.
Exciting day with great product
Chef (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QcJuly 18, 2015
Typical day start with daily morning meeting to get the feel of the team and ensure alignment among all employees

Then we escalate major issue and spend time coaching our employees

Management very present and supportive. We are well engaged and accountable of our deliverable

Hardest part of the job is the number of hour spent at work, but the company recognizes and will allow give and take time as required
Pros
Geat teams
Cons
Life balance
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Winters
A company that continuously moves forward.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  downsview, onAugust 13, 2015
Fast paced work flow.
Advanced training on a steady basis.
Skilled managers.
Teamwork & typical compliance to strict production standards.
Standing on concrete all day with safety shoes on, being physically on the go all day, climbing, reaching, walking.
Full time, steady employment on a production line where tasks don't necessarily repeat from day to day. Troubleshooting is left up to the worker, giving a sense of personal accomplishment.
Pros
income is great
Cons
same workplace every day - few changes