BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a very fast growing company
Manager, Customer Services, (Former Employee), montrealMarch 6, 2013
I learned management in this company
great team
dynamic
National and international customers
hi the high light of my day is going to work and seeing what up
Mechanical-Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: good work mates
Cons: at the end of the day you know you done your best
there is know hard part to any job if you are up for it and you all must be a team so the work go well
Nice and professional environment,
Quality Agent (Former Employee), Quretaro, MexJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: i got a good knowledge about quality
Cons: bad coffee
- Inspected components from suppliers, assemblies and parts
- Documentation
- Meetings with management
- Reports to engineering department

- I learned leadership and commitment

- The hardest part for me was when I found a serious error camouflaged I reported and the worker was fired

- I enjoyed to to do my job in general
Busy working environment, but fun to be part of
Senior Inventory Contoller. (Current Employee), Various location.Derby UK & Thunder Bay Ontario CADecember 27, 2012
The working day flys by as there is always so much to do. I enjoy and thrive on this challenge. Each day is different. With differing challanges and out comes. From production floor to our suppliers.
Most co workers are good fun to work with others can be troublesome but I work around the issues, so we all get the job done.
Hardest part of the job is – more... keeping all the other departments happy and working together. It is a challenge but I enjoy working through problems with others and getting the outcome we all want.
I enjoy most aspects of my job, helping and looking after my staff is a key point. Seeing the finished product come of the line and be sold always gives me pride as I know that myself and my team have played a big part in that

One of the biggest things I have learnt with the job is to listen to people, not to take things personally and to plan a job well. Sharing the responsabilites where needed and support where needed. Don't try to do everything my self.

My time in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada as warehouse supervisor proved a life changing experience for me, working in a new environment with new challenges. All which I thrived on. I enjoyed a challenge. – less
Very short summer job; a good, but short experience
Summer job - Maintenance Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Dorval, QCDecember 3, 2012
Pros: interesting work (when it was defined)
Cons: no objectives, no follow-ups
I would have to say that, having only worked 11 weeks at Bombardier, I don't have much to offer in terms of insight into the full-time experience.

I will, however, say that the coworkers were friendly, and the work was interesting. It did, however, lack a lot of direction and supervision, and so the hardest part was actually finding things to do. My – more... responsibilities were never clearly defined, nor were tools ever adequately provided.

It was an interesting experience; I only wish I could say more – less
Great Experience, with a lot of red tape
Plant Engineering Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2012
Very bureaucratic and sometimes hard to work around union issues.
But great knowledge can be gained
good work enviorement
maintenance modifications (Former Employee), Burnaby,BCNovember 8, 2012
typical some days more hectic than others, most days learned something different, all hands on deck for all and different jos need for completion, hardest part was sometimes interperting changes that had to be modifications.
Excellent Company, Management and Employees.
Procurement Supervisor (Temp.) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2012
Pros: teamwork
Cons: job security on contract jobs
Excellent Company, Management and Employees. Hoping I get opportunity to return after being released after short term contract as employee returned from sick leave. I believe I am a valuable team member.
Production line it's not a very nice place to work
Assembleur (Former Employee), Dorval, QCOctober 24, 2012
Pros: benefit
Cons: supervision
Working there it's like being in jail, everything you do you are check on. Even going to the bathroom it's a problem, they count how many time you go. I didn't enjoy working there, the department I was working they call it Alcatraz. So........
Difficult to stay employed without a massive amount of senority
ELECTRICAL/AVIONICS INSTALLER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: well paid with lots of overtime
Cons: globalization, job losses to foreign countries.
An extremely quality controlled ,fast pace work enviornment. Plenty of co-worker assistance in training, finding solutions
Stable Employment
LEAD ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 15, 2012
For those looking to join a stable and steady employer should consider Bombardier.
Great company to work with
Office Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 2, 2012
Perform project administrative functions by gathering project deliverables from various internal & external groups and entering them in department database.

Responsible for generating & maintaining department purchase orders, as per company policy, for work sent out to external suppliers.

Negotiate prices with external suppliers for services provided – more... to the department.

Provide assistance to the Project Manager by reserving, screening, & releasing project deliverable reports in department database.

Provide customer service to internal & external Bombardier clients who required drawings & reports.

Involved with continuous improvement projects within the group to improve department processes as part of Achieving Excellence initiative by the company.

Worked with team in establishing measurement metrics to support company’s initiative of creating a safe & rewarding workplace as part of Achieving Excellence.

Create & maintain databases in Excel – less
Lots of opportunities for career development
Product Development & Engineering (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2012
The opportunities are there in various fields of career development.
Ecellent Company
Principal PLM Program Integrator (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 31, 2012
Wide and varied roles – no day was the same – everyday had its own routine and challenges. This made it interesting environment.
Great Place to Work
DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER SERVICES AND SUPPORT, CSERIES (Current Employee), Montreal, QCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: large company
Cons: large company
Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering now, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide and making it easier for people to connect with one another.

However people choose to travel, they’ll find a Bombardier product ready to transport them. Our vast offering of products includes high – more... speed trains, public transit that’s smarter than ever, category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the realities of today.

Bombardier answers the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation. We partner with customers, local organizations and all stakeholders to help build communities and improve quality of life wherever we do business.

Bombardier is present in more than 60 countries, with 76 production and engineering sites among them. Our 70,000 employees push mobility forward by creating aerospace and rail transportation products adapted for the travellers of today and tomorrow.

Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. – less
Fun place with friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2012
I learned lot of things at this place when I was working as a Intern. Meeting with Managers and design Engineers was a great part for Brain Storming. I was assign a task to improve a design process of a product development program. During the first day of work I felt so good when the manager of our department joined with me for the lunch.
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
Strategic Procurement Analyst - Supply Chain (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 8, 2012
Interesting place to learn an impressively complex industry
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee), MontrealApril 26, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: very dipressing enviroment
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub – more... you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long. – less
best place to work
Line worker (Former Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
really good place to work friends staff and easy to learn the job
Great Place
Automation Technician (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYJuly 4, 2014
Great place to work with new systems being installed for growth

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more