Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Working with Pride
Methods Agent (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Bombardier was a wonderful experience. There is much to learn, as it offers many training programs and provides new challenges with every new program it initiates. The co-workers are professionals, who are willing to help each other through the spirit of team work, but also provide a competitive edge with daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to society by providing state of the art products. Unfortunately, the most difficult part is knowing that such a wonderful company is also subject to a healthy and unhealthy economy.
good place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 4, 2016
very aggressive environment and friendly place to work. New and innovative ideas can be put in place. I strongly recommends working here.
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Pros
free social benefits
Cons
silos
Encouraging and demanding environment.
Intern - Core Methods Team, Global (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working with Bombardier for only 4 months as an engineering intern I did not see all aspects of the company, but from what I saw this is an all star employer.
Exciting life
Ingénieur Qualité (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 1, 2016
A day for a QA Eng working with suppliers is so special, sometime we can be in the office preparing some project, and the next day we are taking a flight to visit a supplier to improve their process.
It’s an exciting life. You never know what is coming.
Pros
Travels, challenges
Cons
Family Time
Very Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 18, 2016
Bombardier respects its employees, providing them with a unique experience. Job Pay and Benefits are very good.
Fun place to work
A) Manufacturing Engineer, Projects (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CanMay 3, 2016
fun place to work, with well skilled management. My co-workers were great and I enjoyed working there. I also like the fact that the company is very keen to process improvement.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Pros
Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons
Low Job Security
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great place to work for. best 25 years of my life.
Material Logistic Agent (Spares part sales) (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QCMarch 29, 2016
As a buyer, place P.O.s, Planned and replenish the inventory.
Super user with SAP for the CSR and Kitting
Great group of co-workers.
TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 11, 2016
Global 5000 / 6000 are beautiful products. High performance and capacities.

Amazing team and teamwork.

I learnt a lot in this society.
Large company
Chief Instructor Pilot-Commercial Aircraft (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 23, 2016
Bombardier is a very large company with multiple opportunities. Although they try the best to make a quality product they sometimes forget the "human" factor.
Great place but a bit stressful
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
Colleagues and supervisor are the best thing in the company, the work may be a bit stressful at times but big learning experience
Seeing your Project take flight every week made every day fun
Methods /Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Being involved in the first assembly of the Learjet 45 Wing, the first manufacture and assembly of the Global Express Business Jet, and to be the Operations Manager for the First Manufacture and Assembly of the deHavilland Q400 made for a very special career at Bombardier.
Loved working at Bombardier
Dash 8 Q400 Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ONMarch 18, 2016
I enjoyed working at Bombardier, the people are fantastic, friendly and eager to help. Unfortunately I was part of the layoffs.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Layoffs
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Pros
working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons
long hours.
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
Winters
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl