BOMBARDIER

BOMBARDIER Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
exciting place to learn
Bid Proposal and strategy specialist (Current Employee), kignston ontarioJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: international company, easy to move to different department
Cons: long hours
typical day at work:
meeting with bid management, engineering, procurement team
Exciting internship
Manufacturing and Innovation Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Montreal, QCDecember 30, 2013
I was given a lot of responsability over a wide range of projects, which was a really good industrial experience for an intern
excellent place for work
Completed the internship (Former Employee), Global,DorvalDecember 17, 2013
Global plant of Bombardier is a good place to work. Environment is clean ,warm and safe.Relationship among co-worker and management are attentive and polite. High level of the self-responsibility and knowledgeable.
love to work over there
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 29, 2013
done my internship for 2 weeks
learnt too many techniques
handled the new equipment and tools
everything is interesting
fun with co-trainees
Big company in a small town
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 29, 2013
Pros: small community, less traffic more free time
Cons: no too many
Existing job scope
short commute, more family time
Highly appreciative colleagues
Lots of opportunities for challenging projects
Lead, Maintenance Data Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2013
I have many opportunities to make use of my leadership, business knowledge and technical skills at my workplace
One of the Best Company to Work
Software Engineering Professional (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 29, 2013
I have worked in Bombardier for 1 1/2 years and it was one of my best work experience in my career till now.

smart employees , good health benefit , work life balance is very good and more than that your job is secured.
productive and learning new things. good team spirit
Electrical aircraft assembley (Former Employee), Downsview, ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: been able to work on jobs that you were best at doing
Cons: not enough paper work to support the job that you are working on or paper work not supplied
the day always began with a crew meeting, to talk about any problem with the jobs. every day was a learning experience. always had a good relationship with management. the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things
DON'T DO IT
worker (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: you get to leave at the end of the day
Cons: you have to go in in the morning
Terrible terrible experience at this plant - badly managed and now full of ignorant Mexican so called managers that do not have a clue and have no idea about health and safety values.
They fire you if you dare to speak out.
Drug misuse is so apparent but a blind eye is turned to it, the supervisors are a joke with most bowing to the Mexicans.
I would – more... recommend McDonalds rather than here. – less
Good stable employment
Project Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 26, 2013
Pros: services in the buildings - gym and etc
Cons: monotony and repetitiveness of the tasks
The tasks are routine-based, which means that the schedule tends to be stable. The company policy on overtime is "give-and-take" which means that, depending on the workload, some weeks you can do 2-3 hours less, some weeks 2-3 more. Culture of flexibility for appointments and other realities of life. Family-oriented spirit. In some aspects the tasks – more... can be almost monotonous and extremely repetitive, however that is a personal preference - different people have different personalities that thrive in different work environments.
Also most buildings have a lot of services such as a gym, cafeteria, souvenir-shop, and even a dry cleaner/seamstress. – less
Productive and Exciting
Business Analyst - Responsibilities and Tasks (Former Employee), Toronto, ontOctober 25, 2013
Pros: exciting organization
Cons: long hours
The company taught me, what it meant to be a professional and gave me the opportunity to advance and excel. People within the organization are fun, respectable and very hard working. Management gave me respect, treated me like an individual and showed me professionalism. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and it was never boring – more... and i learned something new and challenging everyday. – less
Supervisor was worst I ever worked for
just some temp (Former Employee), Richmond...horseshoe wayOctober 15, 2013
Cons: 10 minute drive to work.
Simple warehouse job pick and pack. Supervisor's mood was dictated how he did gambling on NFL or whatever. Usually hung over Monday morning. Just disappeared into the office. Came out after break and would just stand there and smell like booze and curry. Co-workers were awesome but was a revolving door with the temps as supervisor would abuse them. – more... "Hey temp. come here". The full time guys would lose complete engines, yet abuse the temps for a small mistake. Should be an easy place to work but supervisor would do nothing or stand there barking at people. No one respected him as he just had a heavy hand. No supervisory skills whatsoever. I would be surprised if he is still there...BRP Richmond...horseshoe way – less
Productive company
Structural Design Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 14, 2013
• Direct or coordinate activities of engineering or technical personnel involved in designing, fabricating, modifying, or testing of aircraft or aerospace products

• Formulate conceptual design of aeronautical or aerospace products or systems to meet customer requirements

• Follow-up design from concept to production and shop support utilized CATIA – more... V5 and ENOVIA

• Maintain on time schedules

• Interface with all Engineering organizations and support groups

• Develop basic stress and tolerance analysis

• Professional and fun to work with co-workers – less
Good job experience
Test Engineer (Current Employee), EuropeOctober 14, 2013
Pro:
- Good job experience
- Wonderful team
- Skills improved
Con:
- No good balance Work/Life
GLOBAL MOBILITY SPECIALIST, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 11, 2013
Good place to work. Considers everyone's ideas. Interesting work. Dynamic atmosphere.
Great workplace with lots of brilliant people.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2013
Learned to lead conceptual design - concept selection processes.
Learned integration as primary function.
Challenging problem solving, concept design, integration problems, interfaces, supplier management. Lots of interactions with different groups, customer support, manufacturing, system engineering.
Poison environment with unengaged management
Liaison Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2013
Pros: you can get away with anything
Cons: you will not learn or advance
There are absolutely no consequences for poor performance. Because of this you will find many departments are at least 40% dead weight. People who cannot be counted on to be proactive with issues.
a great company to work for.
IT Consultant (CGI) (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: overall atmosphere
excellent company to work for. I strongly recommend to anyone.
A high paced Aerospace company with thousands of employees so it did not feel like a family environment but a wonderful place to work and interact
Traffic Customs (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2013
I worked at Bombardier many hears ago and after 911, there were thousands of personnel laid off due to drop in Sales. Unfortunately for me I did have recall rights but the position I was in was out sourced. I loved working with this company but being a Unionized environment you are just a number and that was a draw back.
Great pay but will fire you very quick
Design Engineer (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: high pay
Cons: they lie about length of contract
Be careful taking on contract here , manager does not care about you all they care is numbers, you will be surprised how soon you get fired.
If you are out of Quebec and do not know French then you will be most likely be the first one to be fired... In short don't get tempted by high hourly rate.

About BOMBARDIER

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more