Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Great products
Cons: Poor Management
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee), Dorval, QCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Great product, Great team
Cons: Current share value, Excessive job loss
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
manufacturing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
Great employer in Quebec
Thermodynamics Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Very well structured company, determined to become a major player in the commercial and business aircraft manufacturers world industry.
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Supportive boss and peers
Cons: Minimal training, long hours due to high workload
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes – more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities. – less
fun
Project Manager, Logistics and Material Planner (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
Good Work life balance, I liked working for them, the only bad thing is the frequent layoff, but still I don't mind working there again.
Job turn over rate is high
Line Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: well paid
Cons: Job Security
Mixed reviews depending on your Manager.
High turn over rate right now because of unstable market place.
Not "just in time" environment instead.. late again ..who's to blame for this one..
Seeing your Project take flight every week made every day fun
Methods /Program Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Being involved in the first assembly of the Learjet 45 Wing, the first manufacture and assembly of the Global Express Business Jet, and to be the Operations Manager for the First Manufacture and Assembly of the deHavilland Q400 made for a very special career at Bombardier.
Fast paced
Material Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Very fast paced work area & another nice place that i was previously worked for.. A bunch of people were let go after 9/11 cause people were too scared to purchase new aircraft.
Outstanding Learning Experience
Operations & Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Freedom to make recommendations for improvement of existing coniditions
Cons: Not being the industry leader.
Bombardier has provided me the opportunity to learn and grow my skillset. I have had to adapt to rapid changes in strategies, methodologies and management. My most enjoyable and memorable experiences have been field-related wherein I have been entrusted to utilize my experience, contributing to the success of numerous projects. During my multi-faceted tenure at BT I have been fortunate to have been appointed to T&C commissioning teams, performed various safety, control centre and track evaluation audits to assess the status of existing conditions and to assist in the development of new strategies, remedial actions, designs and rules compliance.
Very Professional Place to work and high tech
Professional Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2015
At Bombardier, I worked in two development programs (CSeries, and Global 7000/8000). I learned a lot about Aircraft system H/W integration and V&V. Also, I developed simulation models that impacted Aircraft performance and sizing requirements (e.g. Landing Gear Simulation model for the Global 7000/8000).
Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: average management
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 16, 2015
It is an excellent Aerospace company that constantly improves its processes to make the company as efficient as possible to provide a Quality product as cost effective as possible.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Slow professional advancement
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
productive environment
analytical development
challenging technical information
Awesome Company to Work with
Migration Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
BT is an international company. I joined BT as a consultant for Migrating all their computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. It was a wonderful experience working with them and I throughly enjoyed working in a company that has boundry less behaviour
Great internship
Stagiaire Gestion de Projets (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCSeptember 29, 2015
Bombardier Aerospace was a place where I got to earn very valuable experience in the professional work place and the trust to work on very large projects.
Great co-workers and environment to work in
Human Resources Technical - Payroll (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Best part of the job is hearing from the supervisors I work with in the province next door. Hearing how I help them do their job a little bit easier.
Although learning to do this job was quite difficult, with doing 6 days a week for 6 weeks, I was glad to be able to do it with my co-worker.
This job was a great opportunity for me to burst out from my HR education to HR life.
Working with Pride
Methods Agent (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Bombardier was a wonderful experience. There is much to learn, as it offers many training programs and provides new challenges with every new program it initiates. The co-workers are professionals, who are willing to help each other through the spirit of team work, but also provide a competitive edge with daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to society by providing state of the art products. Unfortunately, the most difficult part is knowing that such a wonderful company is also subject to a healthy and unhealthy economy.
Excellent Company with great benefits
Customer Service Support-Electrical (Former Employee), Garratt, OntarioSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: free turkey on thanksgiving day
Cons: N/A
Excellent company to work for, it is a diverse environment and lots of things to learn. My colleagues are fantastic, fun and caring. The only throw back is the massive laid off when the contract expired.
Headquarters