Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Healtcare, pension plan
Cons: No training
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Great co-workers and environment to work in
Human Resources Technical - Payroll (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Best part of the job is hearing from the supervisors I work with in the province next door. Hearing how I help them do their job a little bit easier.
Although learning to do this job was quite difficult, with doing 6 days a week for 6 weeks, I was glad to be able to do it with my co-worker.
This job was a great opportunity for me to burst out from my HR education to HR life.
Bombardier day of work
Welder (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: good place to work and a lot of good people
Cons: pay isn't high enough
a typical day of work at Bombardier is welding sideframes for the trains of what the robot cannot weld. I've learned how to weld MIG. The management isn't bery good really nobody knows what another person is doing. Most of my co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the welding cause im new at it but i am improving. The most enjoyable part of my job is welding cause i really like to weld.
Junior Buyer (Current Employee), Thunder BayNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include, phone calls with vendors, liaising with other department,expediting materials, providing feedback to vendors by answering concerns and developing relationships. Analyzing purchase orders to make sure accounts payable is in order.

Everyday is a learning experience. No matter how good you are at your daily tasks and duties you can always be learning new things and achieving new goals.
Productive and Exciting
Business Analyst - Responsibilities and Tasks (Former Employee), Toronto, ontOctober 25, 2013
Pros: exciting organization
Cons: long hours
The company taught me, what it meant to be a professional and gave me the opportunity to advance and excel. People within the organization are fun, respectable and very hard working. Management gave me respect, treated me like an individual and showed me professionalism. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and it was never boring and i learned something new and challenging everyday.
Learning
Structures Assembler (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJuly 15, 2014
Pros: three shifts of work
Cons: na
Well, during the time working in my ancients jobs, I've learned the we can talk about everything with everybody in your sector. That, in this field of work, you need always check about security and quality, I repeat always, that you are always learning something new, even with the more younger of your partners, always learn, always work hard and always keep your eyes and mind in the future, but always being humble.
Great pay but will fire you very quick
Design Engineer (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: high pay
Cons: they lie about length of contract
Be careful taking on contract here , manager does not care about you all they care is numbers, you will be surprised how soon you get fired.
If you are out of Quebec and do not know French then you will be most likely be the first one to be fired... In short don't get tempted by high hourly rate.
productive and learning new things. good team spirit
Electrical aircraft assembley (Former Employee), Downsview, ONOctober 29, 2013
Pros: been able to work on jobs that you were best at doing
Cons: not enough paper work to support the job that you are working on or paper work not supplied
the day always began with a crew meeting, to talk about any problem with the jobs. every day was a learning experience. always had a good relationship with management. the most enjoyable part of my job was learning new things
Innovative workplace with high standards
Strategy and Business Development Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Role was focused on governance and performance tracking
There was a lot of repetition which was boring but it provided a learning experience
Hours were pretty good, but the location (North York) is not ideal for young people
The team was quite small and very close to management which provides opportunity for career growth
Every day presents a new challenge.
CL-415 Avionic Engineer Lead Hand / ACA (Current Employee), North Bay OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: every day is something new
Cons: very little organization
Working on the only hand build production aircraft in the world has provided more interesting day to day challenges than I ever expected. After producing 50 airplanes, no two have produced the same problems. The people are good to work with.
Nice and professional environment,
Quality Agent (Former Employee), Quretaro, MexJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: i got a good knowledge about quality
Cons: bad coffee
- Inspected components from suppliers, assemblies and parts
- Documentation
- Meetings with management
- Reports to engineering department

- I learned leadership and commitment

- The hardest part for me was when I found a serious error camouflaged I reported and the worker was fired

- I enjoyed to to do my job in general
Fun place with friendly atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2012
I learned lot of things at this place when I was working as a Intern. Meeting with Managers and design Engineers was a great part for Brain Storming. I was assign a task to improve a design process of a product development program. During the first day of work I felt so good when the manager of our department joined with me for the lunch.
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee), Dorval, QCDecember 14, 2015
Pros: shutdowns at Christmas
Cons: too many meetings
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Very employee oriented, great
Supply Chain Agent (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 4, 2014
Typical day at work: day to day activities, negotiations with suppliers, meeting with internal clients, analysis
Learned project management and negotiation
Very open work environment -easy to talk to managers
Great co-workers, activities in place to socialize. Teamwork
Hardest: delays and procedures related to working for a big organization
Most enjoyable: very flexible and understanding management
It is a great place to work and develop skills.
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
You learn and grow a lot by working with lots of talented people. It is the symbol of Canadian pride. The pay is good, but the work load is a lot , at times it may disturb your work life balance. It has low stability and security mainly due to the fierce unforgivable market competitions.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons: Low Job Security
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Great atmosphere
Electrical/Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJune 3, 2014
Work an 8 hour day, and overtime if asked to.
learned troubleshooting skills on a practical level
management was helpful and respectful
co-workers are also helpful and respectful
the hardest part of the job is troubleshooting to find problems when the arise.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when fix the problem after troubleshooting the errors that occur.
Dealing with Upper Management & Travel Arrangements.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St-Laurent, QCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: some long hours
I would maintain & update the Director's calendar. It was difficult and challenging when my boss wanted to schedule meetings with Upper Management on a certain date.

I enjoyed doing travel arrangements for my Director and the employees on the Project. I also did expense reports when they returned.
Very Professional Place to work and high tech
Professional Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2015
At Bombardier, I worked in two development programs (CSeries, and Global 7000/8000). I learned a lot about Aircraft system H/W integration and V&V. Also, I developed simulation models that impacted Aircraft performance and sizing requirements (e.g. Landing Gear Simulation model for the Global 7000/8000).
Professional environment excellent place to work
Contractor - Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 17, 2014
•a typical day at work
Always had assignments to work on./ Attended DMMs

•what you learned
Job functions related to system installation.

•your co-workers
Amazing Co-workers, fun to work with very cooperative.

•the most enjoyable part of the job
Providing engineering support to Final Assembly Line.
Headquarters