Bombardier Employee Reviews

Great Company, great finance teams!
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
Great Company, great finance teams!

Bombardier Aerospace is a complex business where learning and challenges are a daily task.

It's indeed an excellent place to work and grow.
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2016
Good company, management not very efficient, some discrimination under table, project management need to be improved
nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Great place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Bombardier is a good place to work. This was the first multi-national corporation that I have worked for. It has been an interesting experience so far.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lots of red tape hard to find information about different area's of the company.
Very motivating environment
Four month internship in the Method group (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC2 November 2016
Very pleasant place to work. I like the availability of the superior and the co-worker to give me hints. It was for a Internship and a felt welcome by everyone.
Amazing company
Emergency Service Responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great company to work for. A lot of different opportunities. Great people, communication, customer service. Work with daily medicals and life threatening events.
Working for Bombardier
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Fun place to work with much experience in production. Its great if you can change departments every so often to keep things interesting. The constant fear of layoffs is the reason I would never return.
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC1 June 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Good place to learn a lot, because you are doing almost every jobs of all the team.
Technicienne ressources humaines (Current Employee) –  Dorval, Qc21 April 2014
A typical day at work is, answering numerous phone calls and emails. Take care of the preparation of the documents we have to send to our former employees or our future retirees. Validation of the calculations. Helping the team in their jobs.

I have learn that I'm a fast learner, with a lot of hard work I can do a lot everyday.

Unfortunately the management are really too busy to appreciate alle our good work.

The hardest part for me is to have always to much on my plate each day, and feeling that I never accommplish a good job, even though it's not the case. Since I'm a little bit perfectionnist, it is hard for me, but I manage anyway.

The most enjoyable part of the work is that we have a good team spirit. I like team work.
Pros
Good salary and benefits.
Cons
To much work for one person, always overload.
terrible place to work
permanent employee (Former Employee) –  Montreal26 April 2012
I worked for 18 yrs,the whole time I was depressed,very much discriminated from the French Canadian colleagues,The management and the HR were doing nothing to improve the situation.
I was harassed constantly from my boss,abuse verbally,bullied....total mess.
You constantly have to look over your shoulder because you never know who is going to back stub you.
We were not allowed to take our sick days and if we had to take them we had to speak with the boss.
We were observed from the boss how long we talk on the phone.
I was so much diminished in this company that I hate them all.
I know allot of other people that are feeling this way and their life is being totally distorted because of the constant difficult conditions we were faced for so long.
Pros
good salary
Cons
very dipressing enviroment
Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC15 April 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 August 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC26 November 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal Canada17 August 2015
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Pros
Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons
Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
Benefits
Cons
Slow professional advancement
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
layoffs
Excellent place to work!!!
Cisco IPT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
This was one of the best project I have worked on. We had a great team of Engineers & project managers. We worked like a family and helped each other technically and morally.