Bombardier Employee Reviews

Intense Work Environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2017
- Started as a new grad at the company with 0 experience in an aerospace company but with time, you can learn so much about the software they use, the ideas, & share knowledge with other people.
- I liked the company because they make great products. The third largest aerospace company in the world and it was an honor to work for this company. It was my dream to work for this company as a kid.
- It was a stressful environment. Some days were tough to get through the day.
- Most teams were diverse and it was great to work with each other and learning from each other.
Cons
Stressful
Great Company - Difficult Times
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 October 2017
Large company with many divisions, you can pretty much do anything here as far as career choises

The company is only as good as the people you have, and those leading them. Stop promoting managers who micromanage and suffocate your employees.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance, Good Benefit Package, Vacation, Great colleagues
Cons
Management asks one things, while they do another, No clear direction, Ongoing Enterprise wide restructuring, Job Security
Great company with great opportunities to grow
Customer Relationship Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC3 October 2017
It was a great company with amazing talent that is capable and the management and support teams are welcoming and kind. They encourage personal growth and the salary was very good.
Interesting to work with the Train Community
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 September 2017
Working with the employees was awesome, they are examples of some good minds. I cannot get into the Management side of things because of an on-going process. Let's just say, it has some great people and some interesting ones. There is a lot of pressure to make sure things are done correctly and that issue is sometimes hard on employees.
Pros
good wages
Cons
bid jobs at poor times
Good compagny
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC28 September 2017
Excellent company, good advantages. Even if there is a lot of employees in this company they are all part of the same big family. That was my experience a few years back.
Pros
Good collaboration between groups of employees, great benefits, solid work structure
Cons
Outsourcing
not a good place for career development
Business Analyst (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 September 2017
company undergoing restructuring. internal processes are broken.
no clear strategy, nor guidance.
job security is weak.
there is not much to learn if you are experience professional.
The company has eveloved
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC22 September 2017
Bombardier has changed in the last 20 years,

It has gone through significant changes in and out of the market place.

There is new management team and they appear to be having a positive impact.
great
Technicien mécanique (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Bombardier is a great place to work but the lack of management is getting employees mad. The salary is great, but under the domain standard. but the rest is good
productive workplace
Electrical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
I am working here as a contract employee. Providing mechanical maintenance, electrical repair, as well as day-to-day operational services for GO trains delivered by Bombardier Transportation.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistante administrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Bombardier where I felt appreciated and respected. Very nice work environment, great people, continuous training, excellent cafeteria. Opportunities for advancement are real and and you can work in various departments in the course of your career. Excellent salary and benefits, however be ready for a real lot of work and pressure. Overall, working for Bombardier was the best career decision of my life.
Pros
Very dynamic and professional
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Challenging environment.
CSeries Avionics Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
Exposure to full aircraft development life cycle on the CSeries Program. Learned a huge amount about aircraft and systems development, mainly in the area of critical software development.
Great company.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 September 2017
Bombardier is a symbol of success and perseverance combined with an impressive path of renewed technology. As a worker here I am very proud to say it, everywhere I go around the world or just in my hometown montréal people treat me with respect when they know that I work for Bombardier, sometimes even a bit of a sophisticated impression can be read on their faces. I love my career, I love what I do and how we do it.
Fast Paced Environment
Manager of Contracts and Administration (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Fast paced environment in a rapidly growing company. Days are super busy. Bombardier give their employees many opportunities to grow and learn and expand their skill set. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people - colleagues, employees, and the customers.
Pros
Freedom of expression and ideas
N/a
Engineering specialist 4 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 August 2017
I do not want to provide the details, but I do my job on time and in highest quality possible. I like complicated work and enjoy every time (always) success.
Sad it did not last longer
Data Telemetry Operator / Data Reduction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mirable, Quebec25 August 2017
A very rewarding time was spent learning and growing there. The C series and All the other projects I was able to work on really gave me a sense of pride and accomplishment. It was sad that the C series did not last longer in Mirable, Quebec..
Pros
Launching a new Aircraft
Cons
Project was returned to Wichita, Ks.
Great Office Experience
Operations Onboarding Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC23 August 2017
I have been an intern at Bombardier for over 3 years now. I have had the opportunity to work with many different people on many different teams. The workload is manageable and the people are very helpful. It's a great place to intern.
Pros
Nice people
working on aircraft was wonderful.
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
working on aircraft made me exciting and felt challengeable. High installing standards and strict working process developed my working habit --always focusing on what I am doing.
Unstable Management
Mechanical Designer, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2017
I felt that the upper management at Bombardier was not accountable enough for decisions and the direction that they brought their respective departments There were a lot of under qualified people that were wrongfully promoted and it hurt the business. However, I will say that Bombardier was a good place to learn, especially for engineers at the beginning of their careers.
Pros
Very good product, Good place to learn, Good Benefits
Exciting rewarding environment
Installer/sheet metal mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
Sheet metal mechanic , installer, found the company to be very competitive in it's field. Strong team work envirornment, a very rewarding experience. I transferred to Toronto to be with my wife.
Pros
Stable work envirornment, compedative salary
Positive, energetic, rewarding environment
Supervisor / PGM management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2017
This job was one that I truly evolved from sheet metal mechanic to airframe mechanic to test flight department. I very much enjoyed the atmosphere. September 11th catastrophe really impacted the careers at Bombardier. Also I relocated to Toronto.
Pros
Stable, exelerating rewarding career
Cons
Travelling from Montreal to Toronto on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.