Bombardier Employee Reviews

nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 May 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QC1 June 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Very Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC18 July 2016
Bombardier respects its employees, providing them with a unique experience. Job Pay and Benefits are very good.
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC4 February 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
Great company
Methods Agent Electrical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC4 March 2016
A typical day - Very busy, approving drawings and creating assembly manuals for the EWIS harness installation for the new Global 7000/8000 aircraft. I learned new software and became well versed in SAP, Catia V5 Fundamentals, 3DVIA Composer, Abortext XML editor software, ICare. Great management team, co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was working with incomplete engineering designs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing assembly manuals.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A lack of training.
Great employee standards
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 October 2016
Excellent work experience and employment standards. It was a contract position but I would return at a moments notice. The Kingston, ON location was very well managed and a joy to work at.

Thanks
Pros
free coffee
Cons
contract
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC14 December 2015
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Pros
shutdowns at Christmas
Cons
too many meetings
Fun place to work
A) Manufacturing Engineer, Projects (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Can3 May 2016
fun place to work, with well skilled management. My co-workers were great and I enjoyed working there. I also like the fact that the company is very keen to process improvement.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2016
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Qualifications on hiring
Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC15 April 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  Downsview6 May 2015
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Bombardier is a good place to work. This was the first multi-national corporation that I have worked for. It has been an interesting experience so far.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lots of red tape hard to find information about different area's of the company.
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Avoid this place if you can
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 November 2014
-New graduates with little to no experience are "promoted" to lead several projects - essentially because they are "yes" men.
-Identifying problems and recommending solutions will lead you to be placed in a stagnant area
-Work/Life balance does not exist. Bombardier wants your soul
-Salary is not commensurate with the responsibilities given
-Job security does not exist anywhere, especially at Bombardier
-Management are of the form of yes men or bull in a china shop. Very few quality managers left - they have all moved on to seek better opportunities
-Job culture: if you have a knife and know how to stab people in the back - you are golden.

Avoid this place if you can. Look at their track record, assess their stock price, assess what their leadership publicly state versus the actions. Bombardier may have been a great place - it is now a toxic toilet, run by the same leaders that bankrupt GM. Don't forget, it is a family owned firm.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON8 August 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
having 15 min stretching time twice a day
Wing Sealer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ON29 February 2016
- Offered a Lead hand position,Planned and organized specific material/parts needed for daily tasks,Updated calibration of different tools needed for daily tasks,Managed time and long hours to meet required tasks.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinated and cooperated with others to accomplish daily tasks
Pros
Having bagels and coffee Fidays
Cons
Long hours 12 hrs a day
Working for Bombardier
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Fun place to work with much experience in production. Its great if you can change departments every so often to keep things interesting. The constant fear of layoffs is the reason I would never return.
Productive and friendly work environment. Gym and cafeteria on premises.
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 September 2015
Bombardier was an excellent employer with great benefits and supportive management. I especially like the fact that management and supervisors had the mindset that they would do their best to provide workers with the necessary tools to get the job done. My supervisor was always approachable, and complemented me when I completed a job ahead of schedule.

Although much of what I did was structured, with specific guidelines to follow, it was not boring. It required concentration, attention to details and great discipline. However, one of the best part of working for the organization, was working with a group of people who respected each other and was always willing to assist one another. We had lots of fun times and created wonderful memories.

The worst part of my job was the commute. Driving home in rush hour traffic on a Friday in the summer, not good.

Best job I ever had.
Pros
Working in a friendly environment.
Cons
Commuting to the job.
Very motivating environment
Four month internship in the Method group (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC2 November 2016
Very pleasant place to work. I like the availability of the superior and the co-worker to give me hints. It was for a Internship and a felt welcome by everyone.