Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Supportive boss and peers
Cons: Minimal training, long hours due to high workload
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes – more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities. – less
fun
Project Manager, Logistics and Material Planner (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2015
Good Work life balance, I liked working for them, the only bad thing is the frequent layoff, but still I don't mind working there again.
Job turn over rate is high
Line Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: well paid
Cons: Job Security
Mixed reviews depending on your Manager.
High turn over rate right now because of unstable market place.
Not "just in time" environment instead.. late again ..who's to blame for this one..
Seeing your Project take flight every week made every day fun
Methods /Program Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2015
Being involved in the first assembly of the Learjet 45 Wing, the first manufacture and assembly of the Global Express Business Jet, and to be the Operations Manager for the First Manufacture and Assembly of the deHavilland Q400 made for a very special career at Bombardier.
Fast paced
Material Handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Very fast paced work area & another nice place that i was previously worked for.. A bunch of people were let go after 9/11 cause people were too scared to purchase new aircraft.
Outstanding Learning Experience
Operations & Maintenance Planner (Current Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: Freedom to make recommendations for improvement of existing coniditions
Cons: Not being the industry leader.
Bombardier has provided me the opportunity to learn and grow my skillset. I have had to adapt to rapid changes in strategies, methodologies and management. My most enjoyable and memorable experiences have been field-related wherein I have been entrusted to utilize my experience, contributing to the success of numerous projects. During my multi-faceted tenure at BT I have been fortunate to have been appointed to T&C commissioning teams, performed various safety, control centre and track evaluation audits to assess the status of existing conditions and to assist in the development of new strategies, remedial actions, designs and rules compliance.
Very Professional Place to work and high tech
Professional Engineering Level 3 (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2015
At Bombardier, I worked in two development programs (CSeries, and Global 7000/8000). I learned a lot about Aircraft system H/W integration and V&V. Also, I developed simulation models that impacted Aircraft performance and sizing requirements (e.g. Landing Gear Simulation model for the Global 7000/8000).
Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Learning
Cons: average management
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Work Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), MontrealOctober 16, 2015
It is an excellent Aerospace company that constantly improves its processes to make the company as efficient as possible to provide a Quality product as cost effective as possible.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Slow professional advancement
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
productive environment
analytical development
challenging technical information
Awesome Company to Work with
Migration Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2015
BT is an international company. I joined BT as a consultant for Migrating all their computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. It was a wonderful experience working with them and I throughly enjoyed working in a company that has boundry less behaviour
Great co-workers and environment to work in
Human Resources Technical - Payroll (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Best part of the job is hearing from the supervisors I work with in the province next door. Hearing how I help them do their job a little bit easier.
Although learning to do this job was quite difficult, with doing 6 days a week for 6 weeks, I was glad to be able to do it with my co-worker.
This job was a great opportunity for me to burst out from my HR education to HR life.
Working with Pride
Methods Agent (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Bombardier was a wonderful experience. There is much to learn, as it offers many training programs and provides new challenges with every new program it initiates. The co-workers are professionals, who are willing to help each other through the spirit of team work, but also provide a competitive edge with daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to society by providing state of the art products. Unfortunately, the most difficult part is knowing that such a wonderful company is also subject to a healthy and unhealthy economy.
Excellent Company with great benefits
Customer Service Support-Electrical (Former Employee), Garratt, OntarioSeptember 25, 2015
Pros: free turkey on thanksgiving day
Cons: N/A
Excellent company to work for, it is a diverse environment and lots of things to learn. My colleagues are fantastic, fun and caring. The only throw back is the massive laid off when the contract expired.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: free social benefits
Cons: silos
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Challenging and Rewarding Company
Business Aircraft Market Analyst (Internship) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the result of your hard work. Bombardier has the most intelligent and skilled workers, and it is rewarding to be in that environment.
Awesome Product
Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 28, 2015
The company is in aviation and transportantion, which are both very interesting fields. Every day I had the opportunity of watching airplanes rolling out of the production line and taking off right from my office window, which is something that really brings you closer to what this is about.
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee), Montreal CanadaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons: Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
A company that continuously moves forward.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), downsview, onAugust 13, 2015
Pros: income is great
Cons: same workplace every day - few changes
Fast paced work flow.
Advanced training on a steady basis.
Skilled managers.
Teamwork & typical compliance to strict production standards.
Standing on concrete all day with safety shoes on, being physically on the go all day, climbing, reaching, walking.
Full time, steady employment on a production line where tasks don't necessarily repeat from day to day. Troubleshooting is left up to the worker, giving a sense of personal accomplishment.
Headquarters