Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal CanadaAugust 17, 2015
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Pros
Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons
Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
Great place to work and lots of possibilities
Adjointe administrative à la direction (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at Bombardier includes, a lot of meetings to attend, manage emails, agenda, calls, etc.
Pros
Salary, great benefits, fun environnement
Cons
Too many meetings
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
Great company
Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QCMarch 8, 2016
Bombardier has a good working environment, with a great team, good people who are helpfull and passionate about their work.
Great benifits.
Pros
good working environment
Good learning place. Hope management can improve.
Electrical Wiring Designer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 18, 2015
The above factors you asked me to rate the company on vary from department to department and how much your manager is in control.

Overall a very good company in terms of the knowledge base and prestige they have developed.

Good place to learn development, implementation and integration of processes.

Bombardier is a world leader in efficient innovation and development if they can manage their financial crisis and invest in employee development.

All in all a fun place to work with a lot of room for improvement on the management side.
Pros
Learning
Cons
average management
Great People, Family Atmosphere
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Bombardier takes good care of it's employees.
Great Engineering experience.
9 to 5
learned engineering skills
people oriented management
friendly and educated co-workers
Productive and fun team to work with
Intern in Maintenance on the series Global (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 11, 2016
Very good atmosphere. People are very helpful and friendly. very nice building and location. every day we had a daily morning meeting with every person on the team.
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Pros
salary
Cons
layoffs
Avoid this place if you can
Engineer (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 27, 2014
-New graduates with little to no experience are "promoted" to lead several projects - essentially because they are "yes" men.
-Identifying problems and recommending solutions will lead you to be placed in a stagnant area
-Work/Life balance does not exist. Bombardier wants your soul
-Salary is not commensurate with the responsibilities given
-Job security does not exist anywhere, especially at Bombardier
-Management are of the form of yes men or bull in a china shop. Very few quality managers left - they have all moved on to seek better opportunities
-Job culture: if you have a knife and know how to stab people in the back - you are golden.

Avoid this place if you can. Look at their track record, assess their stock price, assess what their leadership publicly state versus the actions. Bombardier may have been a great place - it is now a toxic toilet, run by the same leaders that bankrupt GM. Don't forget, it is a family owned firm.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Good place to work.
Logistics Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Was very proud to work at Bombardier. Very good Management team. A lot's of challenges, but my colleagues were ready to step in and help.
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
Benefits
Cons
Slow professional advancement
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Working with Pride
Methods Agent (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Bombardier was a wonderful experience. There is much to learn, as it offers many training programs and provides new challenges with every new program it initiates. The co-workers are professionals, who are willing to help each other through the spirit of team work, but also provide a competitive edge with daily challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is contributing to society by providing state of the art products. Unfortunately, the most difficult part is knowing that such a wonderful company is also subject to a healthy and unhealthy economy.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Pros
free social benefits
Cons
silos
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
Exciting life
Ingénieur Qualité (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 1, 2016
A day for a QA Eng working with suppliers is so special, sometime we can be in the office preparing some project, and the next day we are taking a flight to visit a supplier to improve their process.
It’s an exciting life. You never know what is coming.
Pros
Travels, challenges
Cons
Family Time
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Encouraging and demanding environment.
Intern - Core Methods Team, Global (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working with Bombardier for only 4 months as an engineering intern I did not see all aspects of the company, but from what I saw this is an all star employer.