Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
workplace
Licensed avionics Technician (Former Employee), MontrealFebruary 7, 2016
high level of safety and security in the job but security of the job itself is really really null, not trusty at all.

management decision are uncertain and changing all time.

employees are doing perfect job, building extraordinary jets but willing the management to aim also higher.

I loved all the time i spent there, I wish them all the best, if they call me back I answer right away. yeah it has 2 sides.
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Healtcare, pension plan
Cons: No training
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
Good place to work.
Logistics Line Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Was very proud to work at Bombardier. Very good Management team. A lot's of challenges, but my colleagues were ready to step in and help.
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Good pay and benefits.
Cons: Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Managed at large customer
Bombardier Partnership Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
I would meet with the customer and ensure satisfaction with stock levels, product performance and ensure that our customer service was meeting expectations,
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: salary
Cons: layoffs
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Excellent people to work with.
Maintenance Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I am very comfortable there. I was trained to the fullest, I have already learn new things.

I gained a lot more experince in terms of computer skills.

I have learned to organze my self better.
Working on a train and hearning the horn
Gerenal worker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Watchong other trains passing by
Cons: Cleaning up oil and always being dirty
When I get there I had to clean the shop and check to see what locomotive was going back into service. I learn how the railway works, safety rules on the tracks and etc. The management knew what they was doing. The guys I worked with was very cool. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold while the engine was hot inside. The fun part of the job when you sit down in the cab and you see how high you are.
Productive and fun team to work with
Intern in Maintenance on the series Global (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 11, 2016
Cons: long hours
Very good atmosphere. People are very helpful and friendly. very nice building and location. every day we had a daily morning meeting with every person on the team.
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Training
Cons: Low Qualifications on hiring
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Pros: Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons: A boys club
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
overall decent place to work
Structures Specialist Global (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 15, 2015
decent place to work and get experience.
however do not expect to be able to switch between departments. once you're in one field, it will be extremely difficult to change.
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee), Dorval, QCDecember 14, 2015
Pros: shutdowns at Christmas
Cons: too many meetings
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons: No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl
Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, MontrealNovember 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: BOMBardier
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
New experience
HSE Manager (Current Employee), MalaysiaNovember 13, 2015
Learn new things on Train System.

Organisation is good to be work. benefit are good too. There were no much support for SHE from my division, Have to work Independence. Less contribution on SHE from the team.

Hardest time was given short of time line to achieve KPIs. Have to work in stressful environment.
Headquarters