Bombardier Employee Reviews

Over all good place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 October 2016
All days went by quite fast, always trouble in work pace somewhere that needed help . You need a lot of patience when dealing with hundreds of different personalities My co-workers became good friends. hardest part of job was tying not to get upset with other employees who just did not care if job was not right as long as they got a paycheck . satisfaction of see my ideas put to use and saving time and money was a bonus. This also gave me the ability and knowledge that I build my own home
Pros
allways something new to do job was never boring
Cons
managment did not seem to want to listion to people with years of experance
Not many work pressure
Operateur de machine (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2016
You start with a briefing about the company news/work. You will learn how to take your time when doing your job. The management is, mostly, based on procedure. your co-worker will help you when you need or they will ask you for assistance. The hardest part can't perform other task even when you have the skill for. You will enjoy the mostly stress-free environment.
Pros
No stress at all
Cons
Long time for waiting
Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Unstable workplace
Analyste Sr, Business Système, IT (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC7 September 2016
The day to day is unstable as Bombardier is going through a rought time. Work environment is good. Working with Change Management and Gouvernance of multiple accounts + in charge of the Telecom Finance budget for IT Infrastructure.

The Change Mnagement is the most enjoyable part of my work. The finance portion is the hardest but learning every day.
Terrible management
Program Manager - Contract Management - NetJets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2016
With very good talent having departed the company in the past 3-5 years, many management roles and been filled by managers and directors with little to no vision and who are in no way qualified to lead large scale teams.
Pros
Company reputation
Cons
Middle management, politics, lack of HR support, cash constraints.
Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 August 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Ambitious company thats currently too thin
SENIOR ANALYST (Aftermarket Sales) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
Great company certainly moving in the right direction however the work life balance just isn't in the company mindset. Depending on the department, working late is an expectation, not an exception.
Pros
Great benefits & pay, international experience
Cons
Work/life balance
A good business but disorganized and fractured processes.
Director - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Goals and initiatives shifted on a regular basis, flexibility was a key skill if one is to succeed. Unharmonized goals across many departments leading to unnecessary work and duplication of effort.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No work life balance
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 August 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
the end product is amazing
Manager AC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 September 2016
Challenging environment, that presents a daily challenge and opportunity. the final product is the most motivating factor in aerospace as you can see your effort put on wings and fly, no other job offers this.
Love it every day
Pros
dynamic envirenment
Cons
office politics
Great place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Bombardier is a good place to work. This was the first multi-national corporation that I have worked for. It has been an interesting experience so far.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lots of red tape hard to find information about different area's of the company.
Great advancement opportunities
Program Manager/Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC27 September 2016
Great advancement opportunities
Learn a lot on engineering project & program management
Enjoyed being part of a large company were team work is part of the culture and where everyone wants to help each other.
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal Canada18 August 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 July 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
Great employee standards
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 October 2016
Excellent work experience and employment standards. It was a contract position but I would return at a moments notice. The Kingston, ON location was very well managed and a joy to work at.

Thanks
Pros
free coffee
Cons
contract
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
Bombardier is a significant employer in Ontario
Quality Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
The government is very supportive of Bombardier despite lack of business acumen in the build of the aircraft. The shop floor employees are excellent and deserve better management.
very challenging opertunity at Bombardier
Logistic agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 October 2016
very challenging and exciting on a daily basis, fast pased invironment , very fortunate to work there even if it was for a short
time. Made lots of contacts and work close with other groups in order to arrive to the same goal. Learned how the production worked and worked close with them for on time delivery. I was and still am fassinated with end results of all our buying. Was very honored to be able to work with such an exciting company like Bombardier. My 1ar job i was purchasing material for simulaters and then here i was purchasing material for aircraft. One was to learn to fly and the other it actually flyes, very interesting in both jobs. We also had group activities outside work. every 3 months we would organize activities, like going bowling, pool, and helping with food banks etc., so we would go for lunch and then proceed with the activity. Also the company offered sucha good medical package and dental packaged .l.
Pros
exciting, challanging, good work ethics
Cons
not stable, always layoffs
Working for Bombardier
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Fun place to work with much experience in production. Its great if you can change departments every so often to keep things interesting. The constant fear of layoffs is the reason I would never return.
Good
Program Analyst - MRO and Components Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Just a temporary student, they treat you well. Pay for everything. They are very engaged, and have the best working environment. Good growth opportunities
Pros
All expenses taken care of
Cons
Long Hours