Bombardier

Bombardier Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Unfortunately because of C-series company is not doing well and lots of downsizing
Various (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
I worked in different departments. I really like some of them while others were not challenging enough. Friendly environment with kind employees.
Excellent work environment
customer support engineer (Former Employee), montreal.qcApril 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
A long and strong history in Canada made Bombardier to acquire a strong reputation in every niche the company is involved in.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons: Low Job Security
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Class A Welder (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 14, 2015
Bombardier was very well organized and a great atmosphere to work in
Everyone works together and creates great team work.
I worked about 35 years with ans systems that manufactured by Thales atm.
Electrical Installer, Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
I started working with ans system from 1980,installed all navigations systemes that manufactured by Thales and trains students.
Fun place to work for the summer
Student (Former Employee), Montreal, QCApril 3, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: The work was sometimes very repetitive
I worked at Bombardier as a summer student in 2014, and I really enjoyed my time there.
I learned a lot about office dynamics and the process of creating and confirming purchase orders.
Better than Expected
Scientific Technologist, C Series Aircraft (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Multicultural
Cons: Winters
Bombardier is now a very multicultural business and I found it more pleasant and accepting there than I expected. As usual in such a large corporation there are a lot of meetings, but my job included that. Not having the exact background for this new job, my learning curve was longer and I have added innumerable things to my experience and career. The people I worked with were great and I was included in the "after work get togethers" as well. The management was very supportive and I really enjoyed my time there.
Two and a half years passed very quickly.
Typical big corporation
System Stress Analyst (Current Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 22, 2015
A world leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative aviation products and services for business, commercial and amphibious aircraft markets.
Commitment to excellance.
Project Engineer Specialist (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 12, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: long hours to meet demanding schedules.
Meeting daily challenges off working in a changing, fast paced and
continuous learning environment, while meeting company schedule, cost and quality objectives.
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons: long hours.
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Summer intern
Summer R&D Intern (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 2, 2015
It was a good experience for me. I enjoyed my time working at Bombardier and would recommend them as an employer. The R&D project I worked on was very interesting from a technical standpoint.
poorly managed company
Welder (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor pay and poor managment
Poorly managed extreme lack of communication between the floor and management and management had displayed poor supply chain timelines
World's only manufacturer of both planes and trains
Mechanical Engineering Professional (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2015
Recently, struggling with financial issues but overall successful in their field and with implementing the Achieving Excellent System (AES) Bombardier can make its organization more effective.
Very proffessional detail oriented organization
Professional Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
I had the opportunity to work in a perfect atmosphere with a really good group. Learned so much from experienced engineers.
Good company
Avionics Installer and Avionics technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Great company , lots of overtime , and excellent experience , I have learned a lot with in the one year of contract in Montreal
Fun workplace
EMC & Electrical Systems Integrator (Former Employee), Dorval? QCJanuary 25, 2015
- Helpful co-workers
- Goal oriented
- flexible work time
great place to gain experience
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: was close to home
Cons: very unstable work
i enjoyed it but it was very unstable with layoffs and strikes. i learned alot as it was my first job out of college. it had a good atmosphere and was very easy to work at. being a tradesperson and not being paid trade wages was not the greatest. good starter job.
Good pay and benifits/ Bad management
Aeronautics Structural Assembler (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: overtime is generaly availible
Cons: big company and your just a number
Co-workers and the jobs you do are great, management on the other is all about production... your supervisor is under so much pressure from the the top of chain that it all ends up going down the chain when things aren't done on time. When everything is going fine it's an awesome place to work, you learn a lot and get to work some cool jobs.
Amazing place to work at and grow!
Administrative Assistant/Assistant to Director (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: mirabel office is a little far from montreal (and colder)
8 hour day normally - multitasking between email screening, director's agenda updates, varied employees' requests, meetings, tracking of expense reports for a team...
I learned so many things but mostly to be flexible...every day is different, every day I learn something new. You must adapt to any given situation.. and/or staff member.
I have a great director (2 now!) I am busy but they are very understanding and support me when I need.
I can always get help from my co-workers. Team work is Mandatory! Essential.
Hardest part is not knowing everything... everyday I need to dig or ask someone for information. There is always a new process I wasn't aware of.
It is also the enjoyable part of the job - it makes it more interesting...always something new to learn and I love it! It's like a mini-challenge every single day.
Working at Bombardier
PROJECT MANAGER - Q400 SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Bombardier provides challenges in getting cross functional buy-in for all changes related to the business. People that thrive in this business are people that are able to withstand criticism. My favourite part of the business is the amount of exposure I had with all the different people across all the different business functions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more