Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal CanadaAugust 18, 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Excellent place to work!!!
Cisco IPT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
This was one of the best project I have worked on. We had a great team of Engineers & project managers. We worked like a family and helped each other technically and morally.
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
good place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 4, 2016
very aggressive environment and friendly place to work. New and innovative ideas can be put in place. I strongly recommends working here.
Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 28, 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
Very Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 18, 2016
Bombardier respects its employees, providing them with a unique experience. Job Pay and Benefits are very good.
nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Encouraging and demanding environment.
Intern - Core Methods Team, Global (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working with Bombardier for only 4 months as an engineering intern I did not see all aspects of the company, but from what I saw this is an all star employer.
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 11, 2016
Global 5000 / 6000 are beautiful products. High performance and capacities.

Amazing team and teamwork.

I learnt a lot in this society.
Fun place to work
A) Manufacturing Engineer, Projects (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CanMay 3, 2016
fun place to work, with well skilled management. My co-workers were great and I enjoyed working there. I also like the fact that the company is very keen to process improvement.
Great place but a bit stressful
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2016
Colleagues and supervisor are the best thing in the company, the work may be a bit stressful at times but big learning experience
Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QCApril 15, 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
Exciting life
Ingénieur Qualité (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 1, 2016
A day for a QA Eng working with suppliers is so special, sometime we can be in the office preparing some project, and the next day we are taking a flight to visit a supplier to improve their process.
It’s an exciting life. You never know what is coming.
Pros
Travels, challenges
Cons
Family Time