Bombardier Employee Reviews

Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Not many work pressure
Operateur de machine (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 19, 2016
You start with a briefing about the company news/work. You will learn how to take your time when doing your job. The management is, mostly, based on procedure. your co-worker will help you when you need or they will ask you for assistance. The hardest part can't perform other task even when you have the skill for. You will enjoy the mostly stress-free environment.
Pros
No stress at all
Cons
Long time for waiting
Unstable workplace
Analyste Sr, Business Système, IT (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QCSeptember 7, 2016
The day to day is unstable as Bombardier is going through a rought time. Work environment is good. Working with Change Management and Gouvernance of multiple accounts + in charge of the Telecom Finance budget for IT Infrastructure.

The Change Mnagement is the most enjoyable part of my work. The finance portion is the hardest but learning every day.
A good business but disorganized and fractured processes.
Director - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Goals and initiatives shifted on a regular basis, flexibility was a key skill if one is to succeed. Unharmonized goals across many departments leading to unnecessary work and duplication of effort.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No work life balance
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 28, 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QCApril 15, 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
the end product is amazing
Manager AC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2016
Challenging environment, that presents a daily challenge and opportunity. the final product is the most motivating factor in aerospace as you can see your effort put on wings and fly, no other job offers this.
Love it every day
Pros
dynamic envirenment
Cons
office politics
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal CanadaAugust 18, 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Not an ideal place to work
Product Introduction Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Not an ideal place to work...Poor management and nepotism is strife there. Everybody is focused on earning a salary rather than being focused on innovation and optimization. In other words, they don't have a passion for what they do. There is opportunity to learn alot there but that gets a bit difficult due to the work culture there. Working there gave me a very good understanding of why the company is going down given all the resources it has..The only reason this company is surviving is because of the good work Bombardier's international subsidiaries are doing.
Bombardier is a significant employer in Ontario
Quality Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2016
The government is very supportive of Bombardier despite lack of business acumen in the build of the aircraft. The shop floor employees are excellent and deserve better management.
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
Great company
Methods Agent Electrical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2016
A typical day - Very busy, approving drawings and creating assembly manuals for the EWIS harness installation for the new Global 7000/8000 aircraft. I learned new software and became well versed in SAP, Catia V5 Fundamentals, 3DVIA Composer, Abortext XML editor software, ICare. Great management team, co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was working with incomplete engineering designs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing assembly manuals.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A lack of training.
having 15 min stretching time twice a day
Wing Sealer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ONFebruary 29, 2016
- Offered a Lead hand position,Planned and organized specific material/parts needed for daily tasks,Updated calibration of different tools needed for daily tasks,Managed time and long hours to meet required tasks.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinated and cooperated with others to accomplish daily tasks
Pros
Having bagels and coffee Fidays
Cons
Long hours 12 hrs a day
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
productive, fast paced, challenging place to work
Quality Configuration Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Over all a great place to work, union position held, manager was very accommodating to the respect to any child related issue (ie Drop off at daycare school) accommodating hours.

Had to work with tight deadlines to ensure the next department got the aircraft paperwork was audited and handing in the correct order for the next group of co-workers.

worked on the production floor next to aircrafts
Pros
great managers, friendly staff, good community involvement with respect to fund raisers, and donating to the local food banks