Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work atmosphere.
Technician (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 1, 2015
Everyone is helping. Great learning experience. Lot of challenges in the job. Rotating shifts is the most irritating part.
The inmates run the show
Pre Flight Global Line Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 17, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: HR Manager and union members
HR has completely lost control with the union members
union member watch TV talk on the phone and are offered
open overtime. No wonder Bombardier is in so much trouble.
good place to work
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: trafic
good place to work for .
learn a lot
management ok
co-workers ok
job is ok ,everybody can do it
payday, satisfaction, proud,
Professional place to work
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Saint-Bruno, QuebecJune 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: sometimes stressful environment
Nice place to work; professional and civilized, high standards.

Inspiring environment for building up a career. Nice colleagues.Lots to learn. Good training courses provided all the time. Nice place to grow and work.
Not a fun place to work. There is no work and a life management balance
Engineering Documentation Release Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
Pros: no freebees... just a job
Cons: long hours
IT IS EXPECTED for you to have no life when working at Bombardier... in the end, when it comes down to the crunch they chew you and spit you out, at a blink of an eye.
Unsecure
Supply chain agent (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 29, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: bad management
Middle management ruins the company
not enough pros for the job
too much micromanaginf
promote ppl just because of seniorty not intelligence
Good exposure to aerospace
Electronic Equipment Design Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 19, 2015
Company provides good exposure to aerospace product development.
Provides exposure to a large and sophisticated manufacturing area.
It is a great place to work and develop skills.
Aerodynamic Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 13, 2015
You learn and grow a lot by working with lots of talented people. It is the symbol of Canadian pride. The pay is good, but the work load is a lot , at times it may disturb your work life balance. It has low stability and security mainly due to the fierce unforgivable market competitions.
Dynamic work environment
Supervisor Engineering Group (Former Employee), DorvalMay 12, 2015
Pros: Environment, People and the work.
Cons: The ending
- A typical day consisted of supervising a group of 30 mechanical Completions Designers/ Contractors. Hiring/ firing employees distributing, checking, correcting, approving and supervising their work.
- I learned that responsibility ultimately falls to he who is least responsible.
- Management was liquid. I supervised because the two previous supervisors went on a well deserved stress leave. I only knew our new Director for a couple of weeks. He never asked my opinion for anything.
- My co-workers, for the most part, were hardworking, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and enjoyable. Near the end management brought in a new bunch from the new director`s last program to replace us.
- The hardest part of the job was lack of support and communication from management.
- The most enjoyable part was dynamic environment and a job I thrived in.
Not stable
IT Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 7, 2015
Pros: good benefits, salary
Cons: see my review
I had the pleasure of working there for a few months only. After my manager left on a sick leave I had three different managers in one month and one week after the Director of the department told me Iwas doing such a good job that the only reason I would not be incharge of the department was the fact that I was new, she decided tolet me go with no particular reason given
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee), DownsviewMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Benefits
Cons: Everything else
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
Bad Management bureaucratic, operate in silos
Sales Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 4, 2015
very bureaucratic...management does meetings all day. does not appreciate pro active people or taking initiative. thats about it
over all duties
Bilingual Administrative Coordinator/Sales Support (Former Employee), 123 garret rdMay 1, 2015
Pros: cooperative management
Cons: challenging
The most important part of working there that I had a great opportunity to learn and develop more of my skills. I had worked under pressure and also I have example to lead and to be dedicated to the firm.
Great place to learn
Senior Supplier Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 1, 2015
Bombardier can be a career company or a stepping stone. IT all depends on how you feel you fit in. As with all companies, there is room for improvement.
Good company
Analyst, Structure & Truck Engineering - Coop (Former Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 26, 2015
Great products, good work dynamics. I had the chance to work with extremely qualified people. Worked a typical 40 hrs/week schedule,
Unfortunately because of C-series company is not doing well and lots of downsizing
Various (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2015
I worked in different departments. I really like some of them while others were not challenging enough. Friendly environment with kind employees.
Excellent work environment
customer support engineer (Former Employee), montreal.qcApril 17, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: none
A long and strong history in Canada made Bombardier to acquire a strong reputation in every niche the company is involved in.
Great Company, Great People, Great Products
Methods Process Analyst, Global (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good work/life balance. (fair amount of holidays and vacation package), Good Compensation, Very helpful people
Cons: Low Job Security
Methods Department offers lots to learn. Chances of moving higher depend on your skills and enthusiasm level. They have great teams full of helpful people.

Necessary training is provided at work.
Class A Welder (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONApril 14, 2015
Bombardier was very well organized and a great atmosphere to work in
Everyone works together and creates great team work.
I worked about 35 years with ans systems that manufactured by Thales atm.
Electrical Installer, Avionics Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2015
I started working with ans system from 1980,installed all navigations systemes that manufactured by Thales and trains students.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more