Bombardier Employee Reviews

Ambitious company thats currently too thin
SENIOR ANALYST (Aftermarket Sales) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2016
Great company certainly moving in the right direction however the work life balance just isn't in the company mindset. Depending on the department, working late is an expectation, not an exception.
Pros
Great benefits & pay, international experience
Cons
Work/life balance
Good
Program Analyst - MRO and Components Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Just a temporary student, they treat you well. Pay for everything. They are very engaged, and have the best working environment. Good growth opportunities
Pros
All expenses taken care of
Cons
Long Hours
Very motivating environment
Four month internship in the Method group (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC2 November 2016
Very pleasant place to work. I like the availability of the superior and the co-worker to give me hints. It was for a Internship and a felt welcome by everyone.
Amazing company
Emergency Service Responder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2016
Great company to work for. A lot of different opportunities. Great people, communication, customer service. Work with daily medicals and life threatening events.
Over all good place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 October 2016
All days went by quite fast, always trouble in work pace somewhere that needed help . You need a lot of patience when dealing with hundreds of different personalities My co-workers became good friends. hardest part of job was tying not to get upset with other employees who just did not care if job was not right as long as they got a paycheck . satisfaction of see my ideas put to use and saving time and money was a bonus. This also gave me the ability and knowledge that I build my own home
Pros
allways something new to do job was never boring
Cons
managment did not seem to want to listion to people with years of experance
Great employee standards
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 October 2016
Excellent work experience and employment standards. It was a contract position but I would return at a moments notice. The Kingston, ON location was very well managed and a joy to work at.

Thanks
Pros
free coffee
Cons
contract
very challenging opertunity at Bombardier
Logistic agent (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC7 October 2016
very challenging and exciting on a daily basis, fast pased invironment , very fortunate to work there even if it was for a short
time. Made lots of contacts and work close with other groups in order to arrive to the same goal. Learned how the production worked and worked close with them for on time delivery. I was and still am fassinated with end results of all our buying. Was very honored to be able to work with such an exciting company like Bombardier. My 1ar job i was purchasing material for simulaters and then here i was purchasing material for aircraft. One was to learn to fly and the other it actually flyes, very interesting in both jobs. We also had group activities outside work. every 3 months we would organize activities, like going bowling, pool, and helping with food banks etc., so we would go for lunch and then proceed with the activity. Also the company offered sucha good medical package and dental packaged .l.
Pros
exciting, challanging, good work ethics
Cons
not stable, always layoffs
Working for Bombardier
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 October 2016
Fun place to work with much experience in production. Its great if you can change departments every so often to keep things interesting. The constant fear of layoffs is the reason I would never return.
Great advancement opportunities
Program Manager/Project Engineering (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC27 September 2016
Great advancement opportunities
Learn a lot on engineering project & program management
Enjoyed being part of a large company were team work is part of the culture and where everyone wants to help each other.
Terrible management
Program Manager - Contract Management - NetJets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 September 2016
With very good talent having departed the company in the past 3-5 years, many management roles and been filled by managers and directors with little to no vision and who are in no way qualified to lead large scale teams.
Pros
Company reputation
Cons
Middle management, politics, lack of HR support, cash constraints.
Great place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2016
Bombardier is a good place to work. This was the first multi-national corporation that I have worked for. It has been an interesting experience so far.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
lots of red tape hard to find information about different area's of the company.
A good business but disorganized and fractured processes.
Director - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Goals and initiatives shifted on a regular basis, flexibility was a key skill if one is to succeed. Unharmonized goals across many departments leading to unnecessary work and duplication of effort.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No work life balance
Line managers daily task
Production Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
My typical day starts at 6 am For the upcoming shift that starts at 7 AM, all Assembly manuals that have been targeted for the days build need to be reviewed, all parts required for the completion for those jobs need to be cashed and and all accounts of shortages followed up to minimize impact to stay on schedule .
Start up crew with the daily expectations which is also followed up after lunch with team lead hands,
Sit down follow ups with engineering, Methods,work material planning to make sure we have received all shortages from previous build stations, with new ECD and manpower to be deployed to catch up on the traveled work.
Review current days build and have planning and parts ready for the second and third shifts execution.
Attend senior management meetings to report daily status, shortages, engineering changes .with top priority paid to health and safety of the bays and each build stations.
the learning part is to never expect the expected always be ready for the unexpected.
communication is the key always learn to listen to your employees after all they are the ones preforming the daily task,
The hardest part of the job is keeping it together when things do not go as planned, be calm and make good sound judgment calls
Finally the most enjoyable part of the job is when we have reached our goals and able to produce on time and on cost.
Pros
get to use my skills, knowledge and resourcefulness
Cons
work weekends and long hours with no financial benefits
Bombardier is a significant employer in Ontario
Quality Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
The government is very supportive of Bombardier despite lack of business acumen in the build of the aircraft. The shop floor employees are excellent and deserve better management.
Not many work pressure
Operateur de machine (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 September 2016
You start with a briefing about the company news/work. You will learn how to take your time when doing your job. The management is, mostly, based on procedure. your co-worker will help you when you need or they will ask you for assistance. The hardest part can't perform other task even when you have the skill for. You will enjoy the mostly stress-free environment.
Pros
No stress at all
Cons
Long time for waiting
the end product is amazing
Manager AC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 September 2016
Challenging environment, that presents a daily challenge and opportunity. the final product is the most motivating factor in aerospace as you can see your effort put on wings and fly, no other job offers this.
Love it every day
Pros
dynamic envirenment
Cons
office politics
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 September 2016
Good company, management not very efficient, some discrimination under table, project management need to be improved
Unstable workplace
Analyste Sr, Business Système, IT (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QC7 September 2016
The day to day is unstable as Bombardier is going through a rought time. Work environment is good. Working with Change Management and Gouvernance of multiple accounts + in charge of the Telecom Finance budget for IT Infrastructure.

The Change Mnagement is the most enjoyable part of my work. The finance portion is the hardest but learning every day.
Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal Canada18 August 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company