Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QCApril 15, 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
Not an ideal place to work
Product Introduction Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Not an ideal place to work...Poor management and nepotism is strife there. Everybody is focused on earning a salary rather than being focused on innovation and optimization. In other words, they don't have a passion for what they do. There is opportunity to learn alot there but that gets a bit difficult due to the work culture there. Working there gave me a very good understanding of why the company is going down given all the resources it has..The only reason this company is surviving is because of the good work Bombardier's international subsidiaries are doing.
Great company
Methods Agent Electrical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2016
A typical day - Very busy, approving drawings and creating assembly manuals for the EWIS harness installation for the new Global 7000/8000 aircraft. I learned new software and became well versed in SAP, Catia V5 Fundamentals, 3DVIA Composer, Abortext XML editor software, ICare. Great management team, co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was working with incomplete engineering designs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing assembly manuals.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A lack of training.
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
having 15 min stretching time twice a day
Wing Sealer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ONFebruary 29, 2016
- Offered a Lead hand position,Planned and organized specific material/parts needed for daily tasks,Updated calibration of different tools needed for daily tasks,Managed time and long hours to meet required tasks.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinated and cooperated with others to accomplish daily tasks
Pros
Having bagels and coffee Fidays
Cons
Long hours 12 hrs a day
productive, fast paced, challenging place to work
Quality Configuration Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Over all a great place to work, union position held, manager was very accommodating to the respect to any child related issue (ie Drop off at daycare school) accommodating hours.

Had to work with tight deadlines to ensure the next department got the aircraft paperwork was audited and handing in the correct order for the next group of co-workers.

worked on the production floor next to aircrafts
Pros
great managers, friendly staff, good community involvement with respect to fund raisers, and donating to the local food banks
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
workplace
Licensed avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 7, 2016
high level of safety and security in the job but security of the job itself is really really null, not trusty at all.

management decision are uncertain and changing all time.

employees are doing perfect job, building extraordinary jets but willing the management to aim also higher.

I loved all the time i spent there, I wish them all the best, if they call me back I answer right away. yeah it has 2 sides.
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Pros
Healtcare, pension plan
Cons
No training
Working on a train and hearning the horn
Gerenal worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
When I get there I had to clean the shop and check to see what locomotive was going back into service. I learn how the railway works, safety rules on the tracks and etc. The management knew what they was doing. The guys I worked with was very cool. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold while the engine was hot inside. The fun part of the job when you sit down in the cab and you see how high you are.
Pros
Watchong other trains passing by
Cons
Cleaning up oil and always being dirty
Interesting work
Business Analyst and project manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed working there when I started, i was working in the flight test group. Eventually ended up in the IS and then IT. People work hard and they are challenging situations to deal with.

But it is cyclical work and there are layoff regularly when the market goes down.
Exciting life
Ingénieur Qualité (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 1, 2016
A day for a QA Eng working with suppliers is so special, sometime we can be in the office preparing some project, and the next day we are taking a flight to visit a supplier to improve their process.
It’s an exciting life. You never know what is coming.
Pros
Travels, challenges
Cons
Family Time
It is productive place and have a fun to do the work in time.
AIRCRAFT QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Bombardier is very nice place to work . The environment is very nice to work with group and to consult each other. But the management is has no idea how to tackle.
Pros
Lunch time is fixed for 15 and 30 minutes. But they take more.
Cons
If there is overtime so time will be longer
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Qualifications on hiring
A place to learn all you need about fixed wing aircraft
Stress Engineer, Global 7000/8000 (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2016
An excellent place to work if you are looking for fast paced learning platform along with work/life balance. There is always a push to improve the product which in turn provides opportunity to improve employees' skill set.
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONNovember 28, 2015
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
Pros
Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons
No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
friendly and flexible place to work
Talent Acquisition Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
very flexible in terms of work life balance, not many great opportunities for advancement. Management is very disorganized.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
managment is disorganised