Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Bombardier is the best company I have worked for. There was always something new to learn.
Material Logistic Agent (MLA) (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QCApril 15, 2016
As you can imagine aerospace is very dynamic. There is always something new around the corner and something new to learn. The Material Logistic Agent (MLA) at Bombardier is like the the centre hub of a bicycle wheel. All the issues at the vendor such as quality, invoicing, pricing and supply come through to the MLA to Bombardier and all internal issues are sent out through the MLA to the vendor. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of a team that was able to get a customers aircraft back in service. Which for the CL415 Water Bomber was even more important as this aircraft is a very crucial piece of equipment battling forest fires.
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Enjoy interfacing with several partners
Senior Technician Finance (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 12, 2016
*A typical day at work involves assisting other departments realize their programs as a financial prospective
*This job allows great interactions with other departments
*The management team has clear vision of where the company is going
*My team offers support and other help when needed
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 28, 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
Not an ideal place to work
Product Introduction Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Not an ideal place to work...Poor management and nepotism is strife there. Everybody is focused on earning a salary rather than being focused on innovation and optimization. In other words, they don't have a passion for what they do. There is opportunity to learn alot there but that gets a bit difficult due to the work culture there. Working there gave me a very good understanding of why the company is going down given all the resources it has..The only reason this company is surviving is because of the good work Bombardier's international subsidiaries are doing.
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal CanadaAugust 18, 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Great company
Methods Agent Electrical Assembly (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2016
A typical day - Very busy, approving drawings and creating assembly manuals for the EWIS harness installation for the new Global 7000/8000 aircraft. I learned new software and became well versed in SAP, Catia V5 Fundamentals, 3DVIA Composer, Abortext XML editor software, ICare. Great management team, co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was working with incomplete engineering designs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing assembly manuals.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
A lack of training.
having 15 min stretching time twice a day
Wing Sealer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Downsview, ONFebruary 29, 2016
- Offered a Lead hand position,Planned and organized specific material/parts needed for daily tasks,Updated calibration of different tools needed for daily tasks,Managed time and long hours to meet required tasks.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinated and cooperated with others to accomplish daily tasks
Pros
Having bagels and coffee Fidays
Cons
Long hours 12 hrs a day
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
Excellent équilibre entre le travail et la vie familiale
Technologue d'Ingénierie & Chargé de Projets (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCApril 1, 2016
Mon opinion de Bombardier est excellente. Les défis y sont très grands, mais les personnes en place sauront passer au travers de la tempête. Leur nouveau produit (CSeries) séduira finalement les opérateurs d'avions à travers le monde.
productive, fast paced, challenging place to work
Quality Configuration Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Over all a great place to work, union position held, manager was very accommodating to the respect to any child related issue (ie Drop off at daycare school) accommodating hours.

Had to work with tight deadlines to ensure the next department got the aircraft paperwork was audited and handing in the correct order for the next group of co-workers.

worked on the production floor next to aircrafts
Pros
great managers, friendly staff, good community involvement with respect to fund raisers, and donating to the local food banks
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
workplace
Licensed avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 7, 2016
high level of safety and security in the job but security of the job itself is really really null, not trusty at all.

management decision are uncertain and changing all time.

employees are doing perfect job, building extraordinary jets but willing the management to aim also higher.

I loved all the time i spent there, I wish them all the best, if they call me back I answer right away. yeah it has 2 sides.
Interesting work
Business Analyst and project manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2016
Enjoyed working there when I started, i was working in the flight test group. Eventually ended up in the IS and then IT. People work hard and they are challenging situations to deal with.

But it is cyclical work and there are layoff regularly when the market goes down.
Exciting life
Ingénieur Qualité (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCApril 1, 2016
A day for a QA Eng working with suppliers is so special, sometime we can be in the office preparing some project, and the next day we are taking a flight to visit a supplier to improve their process.
It’s an exciting life. You never know what is coming.
Pros
Travels, challenges
Cons
Family Time
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Pros
Healtcare, pension plan
Cons
No training
Working on a train and hearning the horn
Gerenal worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 12, 2016
When I get there I had to clean the shop and check to see what locomotive was going back into service. I learn how the railway works, safety rules on the tracks and etc. The management knew what they was doing. The guys I worked with was very cool. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the cold while the engine was hot inside. The fun part of the job when you sit down in the cab and you see how high you are.
Pros
Watchong other trains passing by
Cons
Cleaning up oil and always being dirty