Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Every day presents a new challenge.
CL-415 Avionic Engineer Lead Hand / ACA (Current Employee), North Bay OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: every day is something new
Cons: very little organization
Working on the only hand build production aircraft in the world has provided more interesting day to day challenges than I ever expected. After producing 50 airplanes, no two have produced the same problems. The people are good to work with.
Project Manager - Plant Engineering Department (Former Employee), Dorval, QCNovember 17, 2014
The hardest part of the job is to keep your permanent position.
Difficult employer, great employees
Team Lead Methods Technician (Current Employee), Thunder BayOctober 29, 2014
There is no typical day here. There is a new challenge every day. There are some great people in some departments. Management is weakly leading the team and the company is quite top-heavy. There is a lack of communication and trust which leads to low morale.
The group of people that I work with is excellent and if we could overcome the barriers that – more... prevent us from doing a good job I would gladly work with them for many years to come. – less
productive and very respectful ambiance
Financial Technician (Former Employee), Dorval, QCOctober 24, 2014
Pros: 40 mins lunch to leave 20 mins earlier everyday
I've learned that any issue is resolvable. Great working ambiance, including generosity in respect from my colleagues and fairness from my immediate supervisor. I mostly liked when anytime I needed help or had questions, I had full support from my team. In all, it was very motivating to work at Bombardier. Many of our objectives were accomplished. Great – more... success! Much appreciated. – less
could have been a lasting career
Power Brake Operator (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONOctober 22, 2014
Pros: learned how things were built
Cons: dirty, dusty, smokey, rodents everywhere.
lots of people to meet, and work with. was not a healthy place to work back then. not much job security.
Challenging Job with Good Team work and Excellent Scope to Learn.
Stress and Damage Tolerance Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, excellent team work.
Cons: peak winter.
Currently working in In-Service Engineering Structures Dept. My work primarily involves engineering support for repairs for Regional Aircrafts (CRJ 200/700/900/1000). The tasks include Static and Damage tolerance/Fatigue Analysis substantiation for the Urgent and AOG repairs.

The group am currently working are very co-operative and share their valuable – more... experience for a result oriented approach towards the task.

My hardest part of the job is I am trying to keep up with my French language skills as the company is Bi-lingual. I understand most of the French meetings and good in short conversations but would like to improve my fluency in French.

The enjoyable part of the job is, the work includes a high volume of repair calls with varying repair issues and there is a great scope to work on the complete structure of an aircraft. The work is fast paced and gives an opportunity to deliver quality performance under pressure. – less
ok
Operations Supervisor Challenger Program (Former Employee), montreal, qcOctober 7, 2014
manage assembly line, enter employees time, continuous improvement, analyse efficiency production
good hours, decent wage, great benefits
electrical assembler (Current Employee), thunderbay ontarioOctober 4, 2014
built trains , various stations, many different transferable skills learned
Corrupt, inefficient and nepotism is overlooked
Engineer (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 30, 2014
You are not allowed to ask any questions that might point to a problem.
Nepotism is seen at a very large scale; HR is not there for the employees, they seem very lost. If you are friends with the boss, then you will just sail through, even if you are a complete incompetent.
People with no technical knowledge are leading engineering projects.
No training – more... is permitted due to cost containment. Young engineers are not being guided, very sad that they are not challenged.
Too many project leads/section chiefs/managers - who's working anymore?
This company does not have any culture, employees are just numbers. – less
Innovative workplace with high standards
Strategy and Business Development Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Role was focused on governance and performance tracking
There was a lot of repetition which was boring but it provided a learning experience
Hours were pretty good, but the location (North York) is not ideal for young people
The team was quite small and very close to management which provides opportunity for career growth
Great work environment
Advance Design Intern (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 25, 2014
I was able to work at my own pace without feeling pressured by my supervisor.

My supervisor was a very understanding and helpful.

My coworkers were all sociable and nice people.

IT services would be quite lengthy at times when in need of help or services.
Bombardier - Evolution of Mobility
Product Introduction Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Great Place to work - fast paced and different everyday.

A typical day at work - No day is the same.
What you learned - Lessons learned everyday.
Management - Empowered workers, and motivates productivity
Your co-workers - Great
The hardest part of the job - Leaving each day.
Willing to give my maximum efforts and produces maximum output and enjoyed working with a team.
Production worker (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Enjoys challenges and new responsibilities.Enjoys working with people.Best communication skills for a better network
The work is Great 2.73 Million People rely on our product daily
Welder (Current Employee), thunder bay, onSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: its in doors..
Cons: management.
Management should listen to its skilled workers. Alot of out sourcing lately which hurts the quality of the products.
Very employee oriented, great
Supply Chain Agent (Current Employee), Dorval, QCSeptember 4, 2014
Typical day at work: day to day activities, negotiations with suppliers, meeting with internal clients, analysis
Learned project management and negotiation
Very open work environment -easy to talk to managers
Great co-workers, activities in place to socialize. Teamwork
Hardest: delays and procedures related to working for a big organization
Most enjoyable: – more... very flexible and understanding management – less
Working with great people
Supervisor (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONAugust 27, 2014
Pros: global company
Process based company, processes are very bureaucratic and take a long time to accomplish.
Bomberdier Life
Data entry (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day started when you start you day, there was always things to do, people to get to sign things, email people to sign things, report to the boss if something big happened, ask a co-worker if you needed help.

I learned that Bombardier was always a busy company.

My co-workers were always very nice to me, they taught me many things while – more... there. What data bases to use for what, where to put the papers for certain people to sign, what needed to be done for that day and so on.

The hardest part of the job I believe was where certain papers had to go, since the place was so big.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to do new things. – less
Productive and fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 8, 2014
The hardest part about working for Bombardier was the lack of communication between management and employees and the best part about working for Bombardier was the pay cheque every two weeks.
Emblematic Canadian company
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 5, 2014
Bombardier is a fun place to work at where diversity and continuous learning is encouraged.

Employees are proud of their company culture and embrace efficiency and life balance.
Diversity and personal growth opportunity
Senior Analyst, Airline Services Marketing (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Bombardier offers both baseline engineering technical opportunities and marketing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more