Bombardier

Bombardier Employee Reviews

workplace
Licensed avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  MontrealFebruary 7, 2016
high level of safety and security in the job but security of the job itself is really really null, not trusty at all.

management decision are uncertain and changing all time.

employees are doing perfect job, building extraordinary jets but willing the management to aim also higher.

I loved all the time i spent there, I wish them all the best, if they call me back I answer right away. yeah it has 2 sides.
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Pros
Healtcare, pension plan
Cons
No training
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
Good place to work.
Logistics Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Was very proud to work at Bombardier. Very good Management team. A lot's of challenges, but my colleagues were ready to step in and help.
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
Managed at large customer
Bombardier Partnership Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2016
I would meet with the customer and ensure satisfaction with stock levels, product performance and ensure that our customer service was meeting expectations,
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
Pros
salary
Cons
layoffs
The camaraderie made it a pleasure to work.
Senior Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Flexible hours, for day to day tasks. The company enabled me to take courses to enhance my knowledge. The work environment was excellent, the camaraderie made it a pleasure to work. The facility was rather old and the location was not ideal as it was far from the major city.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Pros
Training
Cons
Low Qualifications on hiring
An innovative company, leader in transportation manufacturing.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 17, 2015
Ongoing certifications and training for employees that ensures quality products. Innovative and excellent products, built directly with global manufacturers.
Pros
Clean work environment/Excellent Safety Standards
Cons
A boys club
Tough times
Spécialiste, Approvisionnement, Équipe S.O.F.E (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCDecember 14, 2015
Although we're going through tough times, we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Co-workers are great but feeling the same frustration.

We can see a change of culture at the horizon which can only be good if everyone from top management is open to it.
Pros
shutdowns at Christmas
Cons
too many meetings
enjoy the travel
Methods Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
Job requires substantial travel, met a lot of great people through the work. really like it. But can not be home every night.
Use to be a great company
engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, MontrealNovember 18, 2015
Typical day - you fight fres. All design has been outsourced. All good leadership has left the firm. Now you are surrounded by "yes" men who have no idea how to build an aircraft let alone certify one.

Those who have been here for decades are actively counting on retiring soon.

Assess the failed promises, read the news and observe the stock price. If these observations do not scare you away from this place, then perhaps you deserve to work here.

Good luck!!
Pros
Cons
BOMBardier
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
layoffs
Alright place to work
Electrical Installer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 12, 2015
it is a job typical assembly line most people hate their lives not a recommended place to work no care for a quality product
Work can be challenging but Management is poor
Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 10, 2015
The Management is very top-down; Sr. Managers create metrics that are apirational and not realistic. Reviews are binary and often Managers will acknowledge that they are being unfair but justify the unfairness by the fact that they are also being unfairly treated.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Poor Management
Great experience
Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QCNovember 10, 2015
Bombardier is a great place to work. As a supervisor I start my day with a kick-off to clarify our priorities to my 30 direct labour employees. My French oral and written skills have improved through the internal francization program; it is a lot of fun learning a second language. The management team is great, easy going team in a high paced environment. My co-workers are cool too; we share the roles to sustain the woodshop's structure. The hardest part of the job over the past few months is, unfortunately the reduction in sales due to the current market is causing many job losses for our skilled unionized employees. The best part of my job is being involved in projects as well as working with my team of direct labour employees.
Pros
Great product, Great team
Cons
Current share value, Excessive job loss
manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2015
Good place to work but no life balance. The management doesn't manage properly and the employees don't have accountability.
Great employer in Quebec
Thermodynamics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 6, 2015
Very well structured company, determined to become a major player in the commercial and business aircraft manufacturers world industry.
Good entry-level experience
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONNovember 5, 2015
A typical day at work would involve juggling a large volume and variety of tasks. I was the primary contact for general inquiries and issues - especially pay issues - often leading to an investigation to solve the problem at hand. I would run various reports for HR and operations both on a scheduled basis or on demand, depending on the report. This was the bulk of my day-to-day, however I always had one or more projects to work on in addition to this.

Depending on the volume of work being handled by the department, I would also be called upon to support recruitment and labour relations.

This position allowed me to hone my customer service skills in a higher-pressure environment than I had experienced in the past. It also gave me entry-level exposure to nearly all core facets of HR. It also afforded me experience supporting the change management process, as the company was in a transitory period in which numerous policies and processes were being overhauled, one of which was the introduction of a centralized Shared Services Organization.

My co-workers were friendly and supportive of my learning curve, and were trusting of my support to call on me when needed. One problem however, because of the high demands on the department compared to the actual size of the department, they were not always as available as I would have liked.

There were two difficult aspects of the job, with the first being that there was very little training to prepare me for what I would face on the job. The second is that the high workload resulted in an average of 10-hour work days (sometimes
  more... longer) and often made it difficult for my peers in the HR department to meet and connect as often as we wanted to.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job for me was that I was able to get this experience and exposure to various aspects of the HR field. It was also a gratifying experience to be able to resolve employees' issues for them.

Ultimately I chose to leave this position so that I could pursue a high-level position and establish myself above an entry-level position in HR. Unfortunately the job market is not very healthy in Thunder Bay, so I decided to relocate to Waterloo to be closer to more opportunities.
Pros
Supportive boss and peers
Cons
Minimal training, long hours due to high workload