Bombardier

Bombardier Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical big corporation
System Stress Analyst (Current Employee), Dorval, QCMarch 22, 2015
A world leader in the design and manufacturing of innovative aviation products and services for business, commercial and amphibious aircraft markets.
Commitment to excellance.
Project Engineer Specialist (Former Employee), MontrealMarch 12, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: long hours to meet demanding schedules.
Meeting daily challenges off working in a changing, fast paced and
continuous learning environment, while meeting company schedule, cost and quality objectives.
Due to the recent company re-structuring and pending layoffs, employees were faced with challenges.
Senior Consultant - Process Improvement Program (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: working in and around the assembly process of builiding an aircraft .
Cons: long hours.
My typical day at work was very positive due to the nature of my responsibilities, which included the development and delivery of "Change Management" training courses to employees.

Throughout the 5-day training sessions, each class/group of trainees taught me the value of demonstrating and maintaining a positive open-minded approach to change.

Co-workers were very engaged and supportive, which made my job very enjoyable.
Summer intern
Summer R&D Intern (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 2, 2015
It was a good experience for me. I enjoyed my time working at Bombardier and would recommend them as an employer. The R&D project I worked on was very interesting from a technical standpoint.
poorly managed company
Welder (Current Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor pay and poor managment
Poorly managed extreme lack of communication between the floor and management and management had displayed poor supply chain timelines
World's only manufacturer of both planes and trains
Mechanical Engineering Professional (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2015
Recently, struggling with financial issues but overall successful in their field and with implementing the Achieving Excellent System (AES) Bombardier can make its organization more effective.
Very proffessional detail oriented organization
Professional Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
I had the opportunity to work in a perfect atmosphere with a really good group. Learned so much from experienced engineers.
Good company
Avionics Installer and Avionics technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Great company , lots of overtime , and excellent experience , I have learned a lot with in the one year of contract in Montreal
Fun workplace
EMC & Electrical Systems Integrator (Former Employee), Dorval? QCJanuary 25, 2015
- Helpful co-workers
- Goal oriented
- flexible work time
great place to gain experience
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: was close to home
Cons: very unstable work
i enjoyed it but it was very unstable with layoffs and strikes. i learned alot as it was my first job out of college. it had a good atmosphere and was very easy to work at. being a tradesperson and not being paid trade wages was not the greatest. good starter job.
Good pay and benifits/ Bad management
Aeronautics Structural Assembler (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: overtime is generaly availible
Cons: big company and your just a number
Co-workers and the jobs you do are great, management on the other is all about production... your supervisor is under so much pressure from the the top of chain that it all ends up going down the chain when things aren't done on time. When everything is going fine it's an awesome place to work, you learn a lot and get to work some cool jobs.
Amazing place to work at and grow!
Administrative Assistant/Assistant to Director (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: mirabel office is a little far from montreal (and colder)
8 hour day normally - multitasking between email screening, director's agenda updates, varied employees' requests, meetings, tracking of expense reports for a team...
I learned so many things but mostly to be flexible...every day is different, every day I learn something new. You must adapt to any given situation.. and/or staff member.
I have a great director (2 now!) I am busy but they are very understanding and support me when I need.
I can always get help from my co-workers. Team work is Mandatory! Essential.
Hardest part is not knowing everything... everyday I need to dig or ask someone for information. There is always a new process I wasn't aware of.
It is also the enjoyable part of the job - it makes it more interesting...always something new to learn and I love it! It's like a mini-challenge every single day.
Working at Bombardier
PROJECT MANAGER - Q400 SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Bombardier provides challenges in getting cross functional buy-in for all changes related to the business. People that thrive in this business are people that are able to withstand criticism. My favourite part of the business is the amount of exposure I had with all the different people across all the different business functions.
Good manufacturer with strong focus on bottom line
General Manager & Project Director (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good products
Cons: teamwork and attention to customer needs
Manufactures a good product and extremely bottom line oriented but attention is required to customer satisfaction to ensure strong/continued relationship.
Ajusteur monteur (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 3, 2015
I am totally new in that job position.
I am in formation under the Aerotek supervison
good working environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 25, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: long hours
Fun environment to work:
• Provide organization and administrative support to Operations Directors, and their management team encompassing >500 employees. Gained knowledge of, Operations, Flight Compartment, Wing, Fabrication, Electrical Shop, Pre-Flight, Paint and Label Shop Operations. (i.e. KPI, SQPHCA) etc.
• Develop and share a high level of knowledge of the SAP MM system and utilize the ERP to manage Resource Management, Information Updates, Production Functions, and Creation of PO’s for Costs and Contractors.
• Manage Directors’ schedule, book appointments and coordinate meetings and functions. Process and coordinate correspondence, memos, faxes, photocopying and couriers. Prepare a variety of correspondence; prepare material for reports, presentation and charts. Responsible for reconciliation of credit card purchases.
• Maintain and process up-to-date records for the department (attendance, travel expenses, processing of SAP requisitions, budget and vacation). Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reports; maintain filing system.
• Assist in the input and maintenance of information for a budget in excess of $20-25 Million per annum.
Key Achievements:
• Gained a reputation as an Admin Professional who is always willing to help. Often pick up additional functions in order to support overall productivity of the team and ensure that the Directors are able to meet their objectives.
• Assist senior management with technology issues and share best practices regarding internal applications and systems. Help stakeholders manage costs through the creation of a one-page manual to demonstrate proper online functions.
***Learned to multi-task efficiently in a bust work environment.
Difficult work environement - great people
Logistic Agent (Former Employee), DorvalDecember 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, poor work/personal life balance, overtime expected
Management overall is ineffective. Overtime expected but not compensated. Little recognition or chance of advancement unless you have connections.
Good Company to work with
Spare Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
This company is good to work for and I love my customers. It was completely new experience for me to be a part of Aerospace Industry.
It is nice company & I took a good experience
Emergency service officer (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 30, 2014
Emergency service officer in Bombardier, Toronto site 2013 -present
 Provided Emergency Response and security protection of the site which included Medical, Hazardous Materials, Fire Fighting, Security incidents
 Conducted extensive patrols of interior and exterior parts of the plant including the Aircraft Hangars and all parking lots
 Conducted access control to assist employees who forgot there key’s or required access for company business.
 Conducted extensive patrols of the runway and surrounding perimeter area
 Secure all the Passengers form arrival to departure
 Trained as an Emergency Dispatcher, initiated emergency response by team, Checked CCTV Camera’s for investigation. Conducted badge access and control.
 Weekly inspection of the on-site Fire Pumps(electronic_gasoline ) as well as the fire panel and extinguisher
 Conducted vehicle inspection when employees or contractors would arrive or leave site
 Typed up investigation reports for Vandalism, Medical, Hazardous Materials and Fire response Report’s for incidents that happened on site.
Avoid this place if you can
Engineer (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 27, 2014
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: everything
-New graduates with little to no experience are "promoted" to lead several projects - essentially because they are "yes" men.
-Identifying problems and recommending solutions will lead you to be placed in a stagnant area
-Work/Life balance does not exist. Bombardier wants your soul
-Salary is not commensurate with the responsibilities given
-Job security does not exist anywhere, especially at Bombardier
-Management are of the form of yes men or bull in a china shop. Very few quality managers left - they have all moved on to seek better opportunities
-Job culture: if you have a knife and know how to stab people in the back - you are golden.

Avoid this place if you can. Look at their track record, assess their stock price, assess what their leadership publicly state versus the actions. Bombardier may have been a great place - it is now a toxic toilet, run by the same leaders that bankrupt GM. Don't forget, it is a family owned firm.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more