Bombardier Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not an ideal place to work
Product Introduction Tech (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
Not an ideal place to work...Poor management and nepotism is strife there. Everybody is focused on earning a salary rather than being focused on innovation and optimization. In other words, they don't have a passion for what they do. There is opportunity to learn alot there but that gets a bit difficult due to the work culture there. Working there gave me a very good understanding of why the company is going down given all the resources it has..The only reason this company is surviving is because of the good work Bombardier's international subsidiaries are doing.
productive, fast paced, challenging place to work
Quality Configuration Control Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: great managers, friendly staff, good community involvement with respect to fund raisers, and donating to the local food banks
Over all a great place to work, union position held, manager was very accommodating to the respect to any child related issue (ie Drop off at daycare school) accommodating hours.

Had to work with tight deadlines to ensure the next department got the aircraft paperwork was audited and handing in the correct order for the next group of co-workers.

worked on the production floor next to aircrafts
A Typical Day At Work
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits Package For Full-Time Employees
Cons: No Work / Life Balance - Individuals Fast-Tracked For Key Positions Not Always Qualified
The Management structure within Bombardier is fractured and indecisive. The positions from Supervisor to Director Levels are populated with 'appointees' and are rarely open to a fair and transparent competition process. There is very little lateral or vertical movement within the organization. The orientation for new hires (contract or permanent) is minimal and policies and procedures are only adhered to when an audit by third parties is imminent. There is too much emphasis on 'production-related' priorities with very little attention given to contractual issues until it has become a criticality.
Great advantage but no advancement
Quality Agent NDT (Current Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: Healtcare, pension plan
Cons: No training
8h hour shift, always on site. Minimum traning is give so you done learn that much. Some manager are good but other don't know a thing of what they are doing and it show. I like thegroup I was with, nothing bad to say. Dealing with production manager when your doing qulity job. All advantage plan and salary.
Productive and friendly work environment. Gym and cafeteria on premises.
Electrical Installer (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: Working in a friendly environment.
Cons: Commuting to the job.
Bombardier was an excellent employer with great benefits and supportive management. I especially like the fact that management and supervisors had the mindset that they would do their best to provide workers with the necessary tools to get the job done. My supervisor was always approachable, and complemented me when I completed a job ahead of schedule.

Although much of what I did was structured, with specific guidelines to follow, it was not boring. It required concentration, attention to details and great discipline. However, one of the best part of working for the organization, was working with a group of people who respected each other and was always willing to assist one another. We had lots of fun times and created wonderful memories.

The worst part of my job was the commute. Driving home in rush hour traffic on a Friday in the summer, not good.

Best job I ever had.
Productive and fun work environment.
Aircraft Structure Assembler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: Good pay and benefits.
Cons: Not secure with permanant position due to layoffs.
My time at Bombardier Aerospace was very enjoyable and satisfying. I especially enjoyed the company of my co-workers and helpful nature of all them.
Great place to work and lots of possibilities
Adjointe administrative à la direction (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 11, 2016
Pros: Salary, great benefits, fun environnement
Cons: Too many meetings
A typical day at Bombardier includes, a lot of meetings to attend, manage emails, agenda, calls, etc.
Great company
Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee), St Laurent, QCMarch 8, 2016
Pros: good working environment
Bombardier has a good working environment, with a great team, good people who are helpfull and passionate about their work.
Great benifits.
Excellent experience
Quality Control, Inspector (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: salary
Cons: layoffs
Bombardier provides employees with a safe work environment, and ensures adequate training for new employees.
The union side is friendly and welcoming for the most part.
great place
Technicien en structures d'aéronef (sheet metal) (Current Employee), Quebec City, QCNovember 26, 2015
Bombardier is an amazing place to work.
They offer you a great benefits.
They prioritize safety of the worker .
great place to worl
great place for growth
Electrical Installer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: layoffs
great place to work with many internal opportunities. it is a unionized environment which makes it a bit difficult to actively manage employees.
Overall - it's ok
Structural Design Engineer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Slow professional advancement
Job security is low. Constant fear to be made redundant
Paperwork prevails over engineering (5% of engineering vs. 95% of paperwork after some eng. change)
friendly and flexible place to work
Talent Acquisition Advisor (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 31, 2016
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: managment is disorganised
very flexible in terms of work life balance, not many great opportunities for advancement. Management is very disorganized.
So sad a great company has been ruined by bad management philosphy and decissions
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee), Montreal CanadaAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Due to my involvement with VIP customes I did have great experiences when dealing with them.
Cons: Very little personal life, health care reductions, salary cuts, no employee representation.
A typical day at work was high paced and repetitive issues being addressed due to micro management.

What I learned was self taught or learned from other workers. For years Bombardier has had no funds to support employee training.

Management is very silo oriented. In short they do not look at the big picture but more the inner department profits. Some might say If the department is making money so is the company. However in many cases the department made nickels while the company lost millions.

Co-workers were fantastic. I was always lucky to be surrounded by professional co-workers who tried their utmost to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job was the micro managing of everything. This slowed down projects as well as frustrated many employees who wanted to get things done. As well over the years it was clear the company did not cover the cost of living increase with their raises. Hence every year you worked you were paid less. Human Resources quote to employees was " Well at least you have a job".

For me the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting people in all parts of the world.
Only thing good is MONEY
Structure Assembler (Former Employee), DownsviewMay 6, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Benefits
Cons: Everything else
If you love money, then this place is for you. However, if you want more than that. Like appreciation, morale, family time. Not for you. This place has the worst management I've seen in my 10 years of aerospace experience. Nobody cares about how hard you work. They'll push you everyday to your limits. When they want you they will massively hire people. When the job is done. Massively layoff or fire people. 90% of the people there don't deserve to be there because of lack of experience. They are there because of connections. I've learned to find a job that you like and have people around you that appreciates you of what you do. Money becomes such a big thing in there you will eventually do 2-4 hours of overtime a day and weekends beacuse that's the culture there. Eventually lose your families and loved ones because you have no time to spend with them.
All right place to work
Manager / Director of Operations and Production (Former Employee), MontrealSeptember 10, 2015
Pros: free social benefits
Cons: silos
very stressful environment. a lot of who you know and not what you know. silos are very present in this company and very hard to advance your career.
Great experience and exposure to a group working environment
Full time Summer job (Former Employee), Mirabel, QCFebruary 4, 2016
A typical day at work at Bombardier begins with a DMM (daily morning meetings). These DMMs are intended to make sure everyone is assigned work, and commenting on their side of the task (asking for help if needed, updates, etc.) This is a great way to make sure the team is up to date with deadlines. Through out the rest of the day, team concentrated on their assigned work, making sure to always communicate if needed. Co-worked were always extremely helpful and available when needed. The hardest part of the job included making certain deadlines when many documents needed relied on people in other departments who were difficult to reach. However this lead to a better time management skills.
A place to learn and develop your skill sets.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Training
Cons: Low Qualifications on hiring
Not a bad place to work and grow. With the right attitude, you can excel. I'm currently in the Transportation PM and Overhauling of the Locomotives and Coaches. I am relatively a new employee and I can see they are in the process of change. Change management, tighten their belts and philosophies. I can see they are also struggling with delivering the new way of thinking as most companies do. They are still in a transitional stage to turn a new leaf. But overall all this part of the business seems fairly strong and secure. With the right people at the helm, it has potential for additional growth.
On the negative side, I believe that they need to exercise more due diligence for their new hires and bring on people with better qualifications.
Great company
Methods Agent Electrical Assembly (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCMarch 4, 2016
Pros: Flexable hours
Cons: A lack of training.
A typical day - Very busy, approving drawings and creating assembly manuals for the EWIS harness installation for the new Global 7000/8000 aircraft. I learned new software and became well versed in SAP, Catia V5 Fundamentals, 3DVIA Composer, Abortext XML editor software, ICare. Great management team, co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was working with incomplete engineering designs. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing assembly manuals.
having 15 min stretching time twice a day
Wing Sealer Mechanic (Former Employee), Downsview, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Having bagels and coffee Fidays
Cons: Long hours 12 hrs a day
- Offered a Lead hand position,Planned and organized specific material/parts needed for daily tasks,Updated calibration of different tools needed for daily tasks,Managed time and long hours to meet required tasks.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinated and cooperated with others to accomplish daily tasks
Headquarters