Bombardier Employee Reviews

A good business but disorganized and fractured processes.
Director - Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Goals and initiatives shifted on a regular basis, flexibility was a key skill if one is to succeed. Unharmonized goals across many departments leading to unnecessary work and duplication of effort.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
No work life balance
Line managers daily task
Production Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
My typical day starts at 6 am For the upcoming shift that starts at 7 AM, all Assembly manuals that have been targeted for the days build need to be reviewed, all parts required for the completion for those jobs need to be cashed and and all accounts of shortages followed up to minimize impact to stay on schedule .
Start up crew with the daily expectations which is also followed up after lunch with team lead hands,
Sit down follow ups with engineering, Methods,work material planning to make sure we have received all shortages from previous build stations, with new ECD and manpower to be deployed to catch up on the traveled work.
Review current days build and have planning and parts ready for the second and third shifts execution.
Attend senior management meetings to report daily status, shortages, engineering changes .with top priority paid to health and safety of the bays and each build stations.
the learning part is to never expect the expected always be ready for the unexpected.
communication is the key always learn to listen to your employees after all they are the ones preforming the daily task,
The hardest part of the job is keeping it together when things do not go as planned, be calm and make good sound judgment calls
Finally the most enjoyable part of the job is when we have reached our goals and able to produce on time and on cost.
Pros
get to use my skills, knowledge and resourcefulness
Cons
work weekends and long hours with no financial benefits
Bombardier is a significant employer in Ontario
Quality Transformation Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2016
The government is very supportive of Bombardier despite lack of business acumen in the build of the aircraft. The shop floor employees are excellent and deserve better management.
Not many work pressure
Operateur de machine (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 19, 2016
You start with a briefing about the company news/work. You will learn how to take your time when doing your job. The management is, mostly, based on procedure. your co-worker will help you when you need or they will ask you for assistance. The hardest part can't perform other task even when you have the skill for. You will enjoy the mostly stress-free environment.
Pros
No stress at all
Cons
Long time for waiting
the end product is amazing
Manager AC (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCSeptember 15, 2016
Challenging environment, that presents a daily challenge and opportunity. the final product is the most motivating factor in aerospace as you can see your effort put on wings and fly, no other job offers this.
Love it every day
Pros
dynamic envirenment
Cons
office politics
Good company
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 11, 2016
Good company, management not very efficient, some discrimination under table, project management need to be improved
Unstable workplace
Analyste Sr, Business Système, IT (Current Employee) –  Ville Ste. Laurent, QCSeptember 7, 2016
The day to day is unstable as Bombardier is going through a rought time. Work environment is good. Working with Change Management and Gouvernance of multiple accounts + in charge of the Telecom Finance budget for IT Infrastructure.

The Change Mnagement is the most enjoyable part of my work. The finance portion is the hardest but learning every day.
Bombardier is a phenominal place to work.
Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2016
Bombardier I rate at the same level as Boeing. I love the company and the people. Bombardier really cares about their products quality and their customers. It is a shame that lately they have had financial issues due to they delays in their latest models. Like Boeing, Bombardier knows how to build a great airplane and how long it should take. The people at Bombardier welcome you and are very kind. Management is just first rate. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to work for Bombardier. I sincerely hope that they can put their financial troubles behind them so I can one day go back and work for them.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any.
Very poor middle management
Engineering specialist-aircraft interiors (Former Employee) –  Dorval, Montreal CanadaAugust 18, 2016
In the ten years I worked at Dorval, the job was subject to outside political forces. Most noticeably when the Parti-Quebecoise was in provincial power then the office politics went up and down accordingly. It got really bad around Saint-Jean Baptiste day every year when some Bombardier employees would loose control of their own emotions whilst at work.
As far as the family owned company goes, the original founder Joseph Armand Bombardier was a brilliant engineer with foresight. But there is no theory today that says just because your forefather was a brilliant business man - that you are. In fact the family is desperate to hang on to their million dollar paychecks.
The dual share class system makes owning the 'B' class common shares a no-go for investors as even if you owned all of them you wouldn't own any of the company - that's owned by the Bombardier-Beaudoin 'A' class shares.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Family owned company
Excellent place to work!!!
Cisco IPT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
This was one of the best project I have worked on. We had a great team of Engineers & project managers. We worked like a family and helped each other technically and morally.
great employees to work with
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2016
The best part of the job has been the great people I work with.
However bad strategic decisions and market conditions have caused extensive cost cutting measures to be put in force which are jeopardizing the retention of knowledgeable and loyal employees to leave or be let go.
Hired for PR
Finisher (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 8, 2016
I was terminated just before the end of my probation period being told that I was "a excellent worker but not a good fit for the factory setting" right after the Toronto representatives that were considering canceling the contract left the city.
good place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 4, 2016
very aggressive environment and friendly place to work. New and innovative ideas can be put in place. I strongly recommends working here.
Big challenges with great rewards
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 2, 2016
Great company with great leaders even under difficult times.
Many challenges to accomplish especially since the CSeries and new Global Line were to be put into production.
Synergy is felt trough team members and is the principal reason why people come to work every morning!
I've learned that without keeping an eye on the big picture, failure can quickly knock on your door.
In such a big company, the hardest thing was to bring quick amelioration and progress due to heavy bureaucracy resulting in lenthy decisions time frames.
Pros
Great benefits
Poor Management and Negative Culture
HR Advisor (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 28, 2016
No clarity on where we were going or why we were making decisions the way we were .
Negative culture all around .
Zero Collaboration
Lots of talk and no action
Negative Leadership
Always feel like you are running in your place
Benefits
Cons
Terrible Work Culture on the inside
Very Good Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJuly 18, 2016
Bombardier respects its employees, providing them with a unique experience. Job Pay and Benefits are very good.
nice place to work at
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
loads of work and loads of overtime , always busy environmnet , and organized teams working , good pay . good relations and happy team management
Very Traditional Culture
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
Enjoyed working with my colleagues. Not motivational. Very Old School. Redundant activities. Great Manager. Enjoyed planning the company's events such as golfing, christmas parties, company bbq.
Pros
Company events that gave you opportunities to network
Cons
No real opportunities to grow
productivity
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Montreal-ouest, QCJune 1, 2016
For me a typical day at work is to complete my task within my shift.
My supervisor an co-workers are always available if I need them.
The part I enjoy the most is to see the end result of my work done with accuracy and detailed precision.
Pros
possibility of advancement
Cons
working with hazardous materials
Encouraging and demanding environment.
Intern - Core Methods Team, Global (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 18, 2016
Working with Bombardier for only 4 months as an engineering intern I did not see all aspects of the company, but from what I saw this is an all star employer.