Bombardier

Bombardier Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
World's only manufacturer of both planes and trains
Mechanical Engineering Professional (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 13, 2015
Recently, struggling with financial issues but overall successful in their field and with implementing the Achieving Excellent System (AES) Bombardier can make its organization more effective.
Very proffessional detail oriented organization
Professional Engineer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 12, 2015
I had the opportunity to work in a perfect atmosphere with a really good group. Learned so much from experienced engineers.
Good company
Avionics Installer and Avionics technician (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 26, 2015
Great company , lots of overtime , and excellent experience , I have learned a lot with in the one year of contract in Montreal
Fun workplace
EMC & Electrical Systems Integrator (Former Employee), Dorval? QCJanuary 25, 2015
- Helpful co-workers
- Goal oriented
- flexible work time
great place to gain experience
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: was close to home
Cons: very unstable work
i enjoyed it but it was very unstable with layoffs and strikes. i learned alot as it was my first job out of college. it had a good atmosphere and was very easy to work at. being a tradesperson and not being paid trade wages was not the greatest. good starter job.
Good pay and benifits/ Bad management
Aeronautics Structural Assembler (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: overtime is generaly availible
Cons: big company and your just a number
Co-workers and the jobs you do are great, management on the other is all about production... your supervisor is under so much pressure from the the top of chain that it all ends up going down the chain when things aren't done on time. When everything is going fine it's an awesome place to work, you learn a lot and get to work some cool jobs.
Amazing place to work at and grow!
Administrative Assistant/Assistant to Director (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: mirabel office is a little far from montreal (and colder)
8 hour day normally - multitasking between email screening, director's agenda updates, varied employees' requests, meetings, tracking of expense reports for a team...
I learned so many things but mostly to be flexible...every day is different, every day I learn something new. You must adapt to any given situation.. and/or staff member.
I have a great director (2 now!) I am busy but they are very understanding and support me when I need.
I can always get help from my co-workers. Team work is Mandatory! Essential.
Hardest part is not knowing everything... everyday I need to dig or ask someone for information. There is always a new process I wasn't aware of.
It is also the enjoyable part of the job - it makes it more interesting...always something new to learn and I love it! It's like a mini-challenge every single day.
Working at Bombardier
PROJECT MANAGER - Q400 SYSTEMS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Bombardier provides challenges in getting cross functional buy-in for all changes related to the business. People that thrive in this business are people that are able to withstand criticism. My favourite part of the business is the amount of exposure I had with all the different people across all the different business functions.
Good manufacturer with strong focus on bottom line
General Manager & Project Director (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good products
Cons: teamwork and attention to customer needs
Manufactures a good product and extremely bottom line oriented but attention is required to customer satisfaction to ensure strong/continued relationship.
Ajusteur monteur (Current Employee), Dorval, QCJanuary 3, 2015
I am totally new in that job position.
I am in formation under the Aerotek supervison
good working environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 25, 2014
Pros: incentive
Cons: long hours
Fun environment to work:
• Provide organization and administrative support to Operations Directors, and their management team encompassing >500 employees. Gained knowledge of, Operations, Flight Compartment, Wing, Fabrication, Electrical Shop, Pre-Flight, Paint and Label Shop Operations. (i.e. KPI, SQPHCA) etc.
• Develop and share a high level of knowledge of the SAP MM system and utilize the ERP to manage Resource Management, Information Updates, Production Functions, and Creation of PO’s for Costs and Contractors.
• Manage Directors’ schedule, book appointments and coordinate meetings and functions. Process and coordinate correspondence, memos, faxes, photocopying and couriers. Prepare a variety of correspondence; prepare material for reports, presentation and charts. Responsible for reconciliation of credit card purchases.
• Maintain and process up-to-date records for the department (attendance, travel expenses, processing of SAP requisitions, budget and vacation). Coordinate travel arrangements and expense reports; maintain filing system.
• Assist in the input and maintenance of information for a budget in excess of $20-25 Million per annum.
Key Achievements:
• Gained a reputation as an Admin Professional who is always willing to help. Often pick up additional functions in order to support overall productivity of the team and ensure that the Directors are able to meet their objectives.
• Assist senior management with technology issues and share best practices regarding internal applications and systems. Help stakeholders manage costs through the creation of a one-page manual to demonstrate proper online functions.
***Learned to multi-task efficiently in a bust work environment.
Difficult work environement - great people
Logistic Agent (Former Employee), DorvalDecember 12, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, poor work/personal life balance, overtime expected
Management overall is ineffective. Overtime expected but not compensated. Little recognition or chance of advancement unless you have connections.
Good Company to work with
Spare Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2014
This company is good to work for and I love my customers. It was completely new experience for me to be a part of Aerospace Industry.
It is nice company & I took a good experience
Emergency service officer (Current Employee), North York, ONNovember 30, 2014
Emergency service officer in Bombardier, Toronto site 2013 -present
 Provided Emergency Response and security protection of the site which included Medical, Hazardous Materials, Fire Fighting, Security incidents
 Conducted extensive patrols of interior and exterior parts of the plant including the Aircraft Hangars and all parking lots
 Conducted access control to assist employees who forgot there key’s or required access for company business.
 Conducted extensive patrols of the runway and surrounding perimeter area
 Secure all the Passengers form arrival to departure
 Trained as an Emergency Dispatcher, initiated emergency response by team, Checked CCTV Camera’s for investigation. Conducted badge access and control.
 Weekly inspection of the on-site Fire Pumps(electronic_gasoline ) as well as the fire panel and extinguisher
 Conducted vehicle inspection when employees or contractors would arrive or leave site
 Typed up investigation reports for Vandalism, Medical, Hazardous Materials and Fire response Report’s for incidents that happened on site.
Avoid this place if you can
Engineer (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 27, 2014
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: everything
-New graduates with little to no experience are "promoted" to lead several projects - essentially because they are "yes" men.
-Identifying problems and recommending solutions will lead you to be placed in a stagnant area
-Work/Life balance does not exist. Bombardier wants your soul
-Salary is not commensurate with the responsibilities given
-Job security does not exist anywhere, especially at Bombardier
-Management are of the form of yes men or bull in a china shop. Very few quality managers left - they have all moved on to seek better opportunities
-Job culture: if you have a knife and know how to stab people in the back - you are golden.

Avoid this place if you can. Look at their track record, assess their stock price, assess what their leadership publicly state versus the actions. Bombardier may have been a great place - it is now a toxic toilet, run by the same leaders that bankrupt GM. Don't forget, it is a family owned firm.
Purchasing parts of train, negotiating and creating purchase order and other documents.
Junior Buyer (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 23, 2014
Bombardier transportation is manufacturing LRT, Rocket, Bi-level train for Canada.
Junior Buyer (Current Employee), Thunder BayNovember 23, 2014
A typical day at work would include, phone calls with vendors, liaising with other department,expediting materials, providing feedback to vendors by answering concerns and developing relationships. Analyzing purchase orders to make sure accounts payable is in order.

Everyday is a learning experience. No matter how good you are at your daily tasks and duties you can always be learning new things and achieving new goals.
Every day presents a new challenge.
CL-415 Avionic Engineer Lead Hand / ACA (Current Employee), North Bay OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Pros: every day is something new
Cons: very little organization
Working on the only hand build production aircraft in the world has provided more interesting day to day challenges than I ever expected. After producing 50 airplanes, no two have produced the same problems. The people are good to work with.
Project Manager - Plant Engineering Department (Former Employee), Dorval, QCNovember 17, 2014
The hardest part of the job is to keep your permanent position.
Difficult employer, great employees
Team Lead Methods Technician (Current Employee), Thunder BayOctober 29, 2014
There is no typical day here. There is a new challenge every day. There are some great people in some departments. Management is weakly leading the team and the company is quite top-heavy. There is a lack of communication and trust which leads to low morale.
The group of people that I work with is excellent and if we could overcome the barriers that prevent us from doing a good job I would gladly work with them for many years to come.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bombardier

At Bombardier, our 76,400 employees work together to evolve mobility – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, – Read more