Bombardier Employee Reviews

Bombardier Aerospace
Technical Advisor for Outstanding Work Orders (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
Average environment overall. Exception compensation, toxic culture with a detached management. Not a healthy culture for someone wanting to commit to a team environment.
Pros
Great financial compensation
Cons
lacking significantly as a team environment
no comments
Aircraft Performance Engineer-Internship (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2017
The work/life balance was very good. The people were friendly in and outside of work. Training was available . The Benefits were excellent compared to the others, as well as Health Care scheme, pension and 4 weeks annual leave.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor management
large manufacturing company
welder Arc Structural (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON30 November 2017
This is an ok place to work when it is organized,otherwise it has a top heavy management which doesn,t have a realistic grasp on how to get things done,as a result they often are late on product delivery,and their competitors capitalize on these shortcomingsAs far as the work goes,their is always plenty of it,and you usually have a good career/life balance.The job also has a lot of repetitivness.but if you like quality work this can make up for it
Pros
long contracts
Cons
inside politics and labour disputes
Good Culture
SR Advisor - Labour Relations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2017
The company is very dedicated to advancing a positive culture. They develop all their employees to champion problem solving at all levels of the organization.
Pros
Good Culture, management listens to their employees and encourage engagement and empowerment.
Cons
Very fast paced environment. Much like many other places of business, deadlines can creep up very quickly.
Excellent company to work for
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for BA, the work/life balance was very good. The people/colleagues were very friendly in and outside of work. The company encouraged new ideas and new ways of working. Training and promotion was available and recognition of ones achievements was always provided. The pay and benefits were excellent compared to the UK, aswell as Shares options, Canadian Bonds, Health Care scheme, pension and 4 weeks annual leave.
Pros
Just a brilliant place to work
Cons
Not enough staff so slightly overworked and abit stressful
terrible job
Aluminum Welding Helper (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 November 2017
poor pay. poor work environment. more of a prison then a work place. long days with poor job security. not much room to get ahead. best part of the job was long weekends often
Fast growing company
Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
Fast growing company with many options for advancement throughout the course of your career.
Very poor work/ life balance with regards to the rail division, due to long hours and unpredictable schedules.
Pros
High pay, unionized, benefits, pension, guaranteed hours
Cons
work/ life balance, small pension, poor work environment, contracted work.
Great and passionate people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC22 November 2017
Great company to work at, great and passionate people. Many opportunities to move up and infinite possibilities to learn. Good salaries and conditions, free parking and big cafeteria, paid vacation and benefits.
Pros
amazing coworkers, good atmosphere
Cons
long hours, lots of transition and movement
Bombardier Culture
Line Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON12 November 2017
Great company. Long hours, but building planes is pretty cool. Enjoy the teams and management, everyone is helpful - even under pressure. Overall company is great.
une emploi de reve
journaliere (Former Employee) –  Valcourt, QC6 November 2017
un emploi de reve mais pas asser dheure pour une personne comme moi qui a pas le diplome mais beaucoup de potenciel alors sa sera pour un autres employeur ses tous .merci .. de mavoir donner lexperience aquise.
Excellent workplace
Flight Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
Bombardier Aerospace Toronto site is a great place to work in manufacturing. It is a place full of technology in all aspects. It is also a multicultural place from where I have learned many things from people with different backgrounds.
Great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi28 October 2017
Its a matter of pride to be a part of Bombardier and serve in the Rolling stock field for almost 20 years. Rolling stock is itself a field where one can diversify one's career and thrive among the best in the world market
world class culture
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2017
Continuous Improvement mindset. World Class Culture.
stimulating environment with brilliant minds and highly qualified employees.

The opportunity of continuous learning and working with people from different sites world-wide was the most rewarding aspect of my years at Bombardier Aerospace.
Pros
training
great employer
LRV Finisher (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 October 2017
large company lots of advancement lots of different things to learn about to deal with rail cars, electrical and mechanical finishing as well as job specific tools
Work is challenging, dynamic and diverse
Bids & Projects (Current Employee) –  Canada20 October 2017
No one day is the same as the next, which is great for me. There is opportunity to work on multiple bids and projects, transfer lessons learned from one to the other. Overall the team I work with is quite diverse, knowledgeable, talented and resourceful. The work we do and the team are worth the other headaches.
Poor Management
Mechanical Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON19 October 2017
A typical day at work is different all the time for my position but there are days where we have no work. Senior Management makes some pretty stupid and horrible decisions a lot. How they come up with some of their solutions is beyond me.
Pros
Paid lunches, Overtime, Great benefits, Home everyday
Cons
Unqualified people performing work. 3 shift rotation
Job Experience/Culture
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2017
My 25 year job experience at Bombardier Aerospace was exceptional. A typical day at work began with our daily morning meeting (DMM). These meetings were held in order to have the team together for 15 minutes every morning and discuss any critical issues for the day, who will be out of the office, vacation etc. Our Manager would chair the meetings.
The workplace culture was amazing. Very professional, diverse, and hard working employees. My Manager was kind, attentive, fair, and had deadlines were on top of the list along with Customer satisfaction.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with our Finance dept and billing.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with my worldwide Customers on a daily basis. I built this special bond, trust and friendship with many customers. My efforts resulted in excellent customer satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Vacation
Cons
Too much outsourcing
proper schedule and planning
Continuous Improvement Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 October 2017
Typical days with proper schedule and colleagues and management are really supportive and provide help for needy. Perfect team works results in higher success rate.
Industrial envirornment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
It was a fast paced environment, with little training. I learned things on my own and enjoyed working with the people there. I worked for Upper Management
No Job Security
Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 October 2017
Although I was just an intern, I witnessed some restructuring, which lead to some layoffs. This is a recurring issue with the firm, unfortunately. Something to keep in mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bombardier. Our community is ready to answer.