BoltonSmith Inc. is an organization dedicated to developing and implementing technical solutions. In every aspect of our company we continually work with technology to model and implement powerful, dependable, and cost-effective solutions.
Our team operates alongside our client businesses and enables it to harness technology securely and safely to minimize downtime and technical issues. BoltonSmith strives to maximize efficiency and ability while remaining flexible enough to embrace new technology as it becomes available.
We pride ourselves on the quality, reliability, and security of our products and services. Such dedication is apparent in every aspect of our company and we look forward to working with our clients to seamlessly integrate technology into their organizations.
Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering on all aspects of our IT infrastructure, Cloud infrastructure, managing the service relationships with our clients as well as providing technical support in other aspects of the business – internally and externally.
This is a role for someone who has a genuine passion in all areas of technology. To be successful in this role, you will need to draw upon your extensive knowledge of IT infrastructure and networks, desktop support, implementation and project rollouts.
Accuracy and the need to work under pressure to meet deadlines means that this is a demanding post, but one that brings with it the opportunity for growth within our ever expanding company. The following represents some of the duties that the successful candidate would be responsible for:
- Provide support to customers to resolve their technical issues
- Building and configuring computers (hardware and software)
- Assisting with ongoing moves, additions and changes to desktop computers
- Troubleshooting Desktop PC, Linux OSs, Microsoft Servers, and Networking issues
- Escalate technical issues as required
- Assisting senior technical staff as required
- Setup server and desktop OS and applications
- Configure servers, routers, printers and phone equipment
- Provide remote support via telephone and remote software tools
- Remain up-to-date on the latest technologies offered to our customers
- Provide development from time-to-time to our services
- Attend sales meetings and client training sessions as required
- Purchase equipment & domains as required
- After Hours On-Call support
- Other duties as assigned
- Window's Server and Desktop OSs
- Email and Web Servers
- VMware ESXi
- Networking, DNS, Firewalls and TCP/IP
- Linux OSs
- SQL Server
- Mac OS X
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in computer science or other relevant field, from a recognized post-secondary institution, is preferred
- Recent graduates welcome but must demonstrate skill level and be able to self-start
- Strong communication, documentation and project implementation skills along with the ability to effectively function as a team player in addition to juggling multiple responsibilities with competing priorities
- Strong customer service skills and experience - previous work experience should reflect the use of those skills