Bolthouse Farms

Bolthouse Farms Employee Reviews

Family-like atmosphere with lots of hours
Carrot Packer (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON29 November 2012
Every day started at 8:00 AM, unless we were otherwise instructed to come in at 7:00 to make boxes if we were running low the day before. Come in, wash your hands, go punch in, walk to the smock closet and grab a smock for your shift, go into the freezer and put on gloves for sanitary reasons. We (the packers) would then go to the line where the bags of carrots proceeded to come down the line, grab the bags that you were instructed to pack (according to what skid you were standing beside), pack the bags into the box (numbers varying on what size of bag), once it is full let the palletizers grab the box and move it onto the skid. Only if your specific palletizer was busy would we then close the box and move it onto the skid ourselves. Once all of the packing was done, if there were any bad bags during the day, such as had a bad date on it or the bag was ripped, we would open the bags and pour them into what we called the rework bin to then go through the system and be used again so that they are not wasted/thrown away. Depending on how many carrot trailers we had during the day would then decide when we were done our shift. Normally it was 8am-7pm.
Cons
unorganized
good company
Sanitation Crew (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON6 March 2015
This company is very great, everyone is always helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in the different temperatures, if it was cold outside it was cold inside and vice versa with the heat as well. they also waste alot of product on a daily basis.
Pros
midnight shift
Cons
working with individuals who didnt care about their job