Pros: good pay and good benefits
Cons: "good old boy" management.
* "It's not what you know, it's who you know".
* Hidden agendas.
* Age discrimination
* Management won't accept constructive input. "Their Plan" is followed without criticism, or you will face retaliation.
* Performance reviews lack objectivity (favorites flourish)
* Constant chaos, nonsensical change and frequent 1st line mgmt changes.
* Managers don't – more... know the skill sets and abilities of most of their people (but do have favorites)
* Managers lack knowledge of important information (downside to logic that you don't have to know specifics about what you manage)
* Employee surveys are a joke. The facade that issues are addressed is laughable
* Skills Team and employee ranking lacks objectivity. Members of the Skills Team (in reality) do not objectively represent the entire team that they are ranking. If anyone points this out, the are kicked off the team. – less