Boeing
1,262 reviews

Boeing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and very good place to work at
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 11, 2014
It is excellent organization to work. It has nice work environment and culture.
Great Employer
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2014
Pros: subsidized meals, flex time
excellent employer! I have been with Boeing for the past 6 years and I have been in different departments. Work is dynamic and challenging as we deal with new statement of work.
Highly Professional Calibers with High Tech and Advanced Solutions
Senior Principal Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Middle EastDecember 16, 2013
Pros: high salaries and benefits
Cons: managers in saudi practice racism
The best of Boeing is there compliance to the processes and procedures, people are very friendly and the way they are doing business is very mature.
Values are great, and they have passion to work with these values. The output of the company is great, as there are thousands of extraordinary products and services. I felt that I am part of an organization that is very distinguished and that gave me motivation to excel.
The bad things about Boeing is its branch in Saudi Arabia, as it is being operated by Saudi Managers that believes in Saudization as a criteria to work with them, and this is the top of racism practiced in a highly professional company like Boeing.
ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Everett, WAOctober 23, 2013
THE ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB IS EXACTING AND LEARNING IS WORKING AND DESIGN PLANES PARTS.
Large corporate structure
Staff Analyst (Contractor, Volt) (Former Employee), Everett, WAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: last major us commercial aircraft manufacturer
Cons: long hours, relentless pressure
Large corporate structure with regular hire/layoff cycle. Not a good long-term employer.
Challenging, a lot to learn, many opportunities to advance, learn and expand.
Electrical Manufacturing Engineering Planner (Current Employee), Everett, WAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: many training opportunities and benifits.
Cons: long hours, very complex system and organization.
I love working at Boeing as I very much enjoy being around airplanes and working hard. This is a team oriented environment but also requires one to be self starting and able to work with minimum supervision whenever necessary. Technically challenging and complex, Mfg Engineering is right in the middle of everything happening in the production system that is Boeing Commercial Airplanes. I've learned much about using a large variety of computer tools/programs in order to gather the information I need and to put it into a form required for production. I've gained a lot of experience working with Design Engineers, production mechanics, project managers, Supervisors and co-workers in order to get things done to support the business objectives required to build commercial airplanes.
Industrial Engineer - Level 3
Industrial Engineer for 737 Airplane and Paint (Current Employee), WinnipeqJune 19, 2012
I successfully managed improvement projects using lean and industrial engineering principles with improvement results of 25% in quality, lead
time and costs.

Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and meeting customers’ deadlines through leading process improvement projects and workshops to
improve overall 737 airplane production. Successfully compiled project plans and timelines using Microsoft Project and made sure deadlines were met for all action items

Conduct rate studies by analyzing equipment capacity, space requirements, manpower forecasts, and mitigate any resulting risks

Effectively collecting data and standardizing processes with standard work

Continuously excelling in improving production quality by 25%, and participating in teams to conduct root cause analysis on quality issues, creating mitigation plans and productively implementing them

Contribute effectively in improvement kaizens and workshops for different production issues

Efficient use of MS office to create various access databases, excel tools that will help summarize metrics for internal customers

Participate in training new Industrial Engineering Personnel and summer students.
Very satisfying work environment
Aerospace Technician-Supervisor /Management Rep. (Current Employee), Arnprior, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits package and pension plan
Cons: very stressful and demanding.
Manufacture detail parts and assemblies to manufacturing drawings and specifications. Manage 40-50 unionized employees to ensure quality, cost, delivery and safely targets are being met.
Great deal of leadership skills required, and a vast knowledge of manufacturing as well.
Very aggressive and demanding detail to scheduling with close attention to quality.
Clean and organized team environment with unionized workforce.
Being able to travel to assembly plant and see assemblies installed in aircraft was amazing.
Productive and Innovative
Systems and Data Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Great working environment, provides excellent learning opportunities and experiences. Offers competitive salary and benefits. People take pride in their work and the products they produce. Has both domestic and international locations.
So many changes over the years.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the support of management. many opportunities.
Cons: the lack of help from co-workers, in the beginning.
There was a lot of confusion. The support of the new engineer was almost nil. I was able to work on just about all of the Planes that Boeing built.

As it is on any program, each of the Leads had different ways to Lead. I enjoyed the work when I could make decisions and have the work accepted by those people I was working for (The customers and employers).

I worked in MR&D and was never sure of whether or not anything I did was going to hurt or help me or the company. We had to justify our work nearly every week, but at least once a month. I wanted to have a little better feeling about my job. I wanted to do my job and feel good about doing it well. I enjoyed my co-workers there and the opportunity to be there. The manager was great.

I had to work pretty hard to get training for CATIA V4. The training was very different from the actual work when I was able to work in Engineering. Those who were there already would not support my learning period. I was left on my own. As the years went I was given more opportunities and I found better working situations. The conditions and the co-workers were always good.

The management, after a time, was much better. I was held back financially by one manager but each subsequent manager tried to correct my financial situation so I was happy with all of the rest of the managers.
Professional Work Place
Structure I Mechanic (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great environment, great poeple
• Performed C-17 combat lighting modifications, worked with planning and engineering on cost reductions, reduced the completion time over 20% and a cost savings of over $5,000.00 dollars.
• Install parts or make repairs to the C-17 aircraft structure as per the instructions provided in the manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Evaluate the fixtures for alignment, precision, and strength and confirm them with standard measurements.
• Install fasteners and provide a firm grip to all joints and fixtures.
• Treat the damaged parts with mechanical and chemical procedures or replace them with new models.
• Team leader for a team of over 15 employees, assigning, assisting, and monitoring schedule and cost during the modification process
• Currently leading a high performance work group within the C-17 program, using employee involvement and 5S as a means of KPI (key performance indicators)
Growth and career advancement
Tool Design Engineer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 20, 2015
Maintaining all the tools and designs was always a challenge. Trying to get designs done on time was always a challenge. I learned how this job has allowed me to grow in my career and I learned how fast I learn while on the job.
At Boeing they allow you to grow at your pace and our very patient while you are learning the business.
Our Tooling team was a very young and ambitious group. Everyone was willing to help anytime it was needed. I loved passing on the knowledge I learned as I worked at Boeing.
The hardest part of Boeing was getting the proper training to be able to do your job at the best of your ability.
The best part of the job was seeing the growth within myself and how much confidence I gained working here. Managers allowed you to work at your pace ann rarely put pressure on you for whatever pace you grew at.
Great place to work and great management
Sourcer Recruiter (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: co-workers and management
Learned how to integrate applicant tracking systems.

Typical day was learning systems and training online

Assisted in recruiting Veterans at a Defense Symposium
Great Company
Interior Fabrication Assembler (Current Employee), EverettJanuary 19, 2015
I am satisfied with this company
The only thing I concern about what would be the dissatisfaction is the time shift.
If you consider work as 2nd or 3rd shift, I would like to say this 'think more before you apply'
Professional
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee), Wichita, ksJanuary 18, 2015
• Became proficient at documenting events and writing reports on accidents, conflicts, damage, thefts, harassment, and physical security.
• Built positive, working relationships with Homeland Security, local law enforcement and the USAF in the protection of all government aircraft including the Presidential planes.
• Had continuous training for CPR and First Aid to keep up with modernization and maintain familiarity.
• Carrying a firearm required yearly qualifications in firearms safety and accuracy.
Outstanding company!
Intern; Compliance and Assessment Services (Former Employee), Renton, WAJanuary 18, 2015
The Boeing Company is truly world class. It is a great place to work. The environment is professional, challenging and outstanding.
productive fun
Aeronautical Engineer, Extern (Former Employee), hyderabadJanuary 17, 2015
can experiance every emotional feelings in a humans life.!
was good while it lasted
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Ridley Park, PAJanuary 15, 2015
company climate changed. it is now low morale,
no longer about working with the employees,
all about checking the boxes etc.
Excellent and friendly environment to work
System Engineer Level 4 (P4) (Former Employee), Huntington Beach CAJanuary 14, 2015
I had great time working with Boeing. Their Compensation/Benefits and advancement are excellent.
Great People Great Product!
Senior HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Puget Sound AreaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: paid time off during christmas and new years, pension & 401k match
Cons: parking at all sites in wa state are horrendous!
While there is always a debate if Boeing is an engineering company or a manufacturing company, one thing is clear it is not a lazy company. Most often you'll work a 8 plus hour day and that day could start as early as 7:00 a.m. It is a little difficult to wade through the political pond but there are many opportunities to grow and advance. Having two major unions influence benefits and compensation is mostly a plus for the non-union employee. At the end of the day the airplanes are magnificent and the people are top notch!

1 2 3 4 5

About Boeing

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more