Boeing Employee Reviews

Comfortable work environment. safe, not ethical at all
Aviation Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for many many years there. The job security was good, but management could have been better. Good benefits and wages and pension plan.
The job work / life balance is good you weekend days off if not that busy
Non Destructive Inspector (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 13, 2016
The day typically starts with a stand up meeting reviewing safety issues and new directives and policies if there are any, work that has to be accomplish such as Priority one and / or AOG's that has to be given priority, you learn something new from time to time which makes your work a bit challenging. While I can work as individual, I also work well in a team setting.
Pros
Free gym, clean environment
Cons
I have to work on weekends if needed
Team Members become part of your extended family
Program Manager / Senior Project / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WaFebruary 19, 2016
Once the plan is built, executing that plan and watching the team strive toward a successful outcome is the most enjoyable part of a becoming a project manager. The building up of the team members, understanding their lifestyles, their drives, their aspirations is exciting. My best part of the day is after we have a successful breakthrough, we usually go out and celebrate as a team, where even more ideas are generated and get incorporated into the plan the next day. As a project manager, I believe you are only as successful as your team. So being a team player is an integral part of being successful. Without that team support, the project manager will fail.
Pros
Being part of team that has common goals and objectives
Cons
Conflict
Good working conditions; Inconsistent management style in various departments
Assembly/Plastics Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2015
Production Managers vary in attitude from following rules and procedures religiously with no exceptions to making allowances for individuals with unusual needs on a case by case basis.
Pros
Excellent facilities and employee resiurces
Cons
HR tends to view workers as numbers instead of people
Good company to work for !
Plastics Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 30, 2015
Boeing is a fast paced very interesting place to work . Good benefits and wages ,with above average working conditions.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Good Manufacturing Company in Winnipeg, MB
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 29, 2015
One of the best manufacturing companies in Winnipeg. You can learn a lot about aerospace industry while working with experienced employees (from shopfloor people to office staff). This depends on the team that you work with, though.
Great job & place to work
Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 26, 2015
While I held several Certifications at The Boeing Company in order to preform my job as a "Integral Fuel Cell Sealer A' there was always more to learn, which I loved about this job. No day was the same as the last, always keeping me on engaged & learning new methods & processes. Co-workers were great & fun to work with.

A typical day at work would start out with finding out what plane we were going to close Fuel Cells on, and then working with the QT Dept to close them out & install the Fuel Cell tank covers.
Great place to Work
Supply Chain and Procurement Manager Lead (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 18, 2015
If you can get in through the rigorous(and long wait times) interview cycles, this is a great place to work. You will have a stable job with great benefits.

You may have to work a lot to prove yourself, but there are resources to help you advance in your positions.
Current Employee
Assembly/Plastic Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 6, 2014
17+ years at the same company.
Large fortune 500 company
Unionized
Pros
benefits and wages, education/training
Productive and very good place to work at
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 11, 2014
It is excellent organization to work. It has nice work environment and culture.
Great Employer
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2014
excellent employer! I have been with Boeing for the past 6 years and I have been in different departments. Work is dynamic and challenging as we deal with new statement of work.
Pros
subsidized meals, flex time
Senior accountant
Senior/ Full Cycle Accountant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 4, 2014
• Full cycle accounting, finalize monthly financial statements and present to the CFO
• Prepare a handful of invoices in AR and 30 invoices and expense reports in AP on a monthly basis
• GL reconciliation, budgeting, cash flow management, variance analysis, job costing
• Collect and process 50 timesheets for payroll with Ceridian for salary and hourly employees
Accomplishments:
• Implemented new payroll and human resource system, and setup new benefit plan
• Established revenue/ expense analysis system with Excel to keep track of actual verse budget to improve process efficiency
Highly Professional Calibers with High Tech and Advanced Solutions
Senior Principal Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Middle EastDecember 16, 2013
The best of Boeing is there compliance to the processes and procedures, people are very friendly and the way they are doing business is very mature.
Values are great, and they have passion to work with these values. The output of the company is great, as there are thousands of extraordinary products and services. I felt that I am part of an organization that is very distinguished and that gave me motivation to excel.
The bad things about Boeing is its branch in Saudi Arabia, as it is being operated by Saudi Managers that believes in Saudization as a criteria to work with them, and this is the top of racism practiced in a highly professional company like Boeing.
Pros
high salaries and benefits
Cons
managers in saudi practice racism
ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 23, 2013
THE ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB IS EXACTING AND LEARNING IS WORKING AND DESIGN PLANES PARTS.
Experience in procurement and inventory control
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2013
Promoting cost savings, lean manufacturing and lowering inventory levels.
Pros
it was a great company to work for.
Cons
facility closed
Productive Aerospace company
Stores Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ont.June 5, 2013
I filled out work orders to supply the line workers.
I learned how to manage time lines and to comunicate with management and coworkers.
The hardest part was when we had emergency orders and had to fill them asap. that is when as a team you work together and get the job done. I would say that when the job was completed is what I enjoyed the most
Large corporate structure
Staff Analyst (Contractor, Volt) (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 1, 2013
Large corporate structure with regular hire/layoff cycle. Not a good long-term employer.
Pros
last major us commercial aircraft manufacturer
Cons
long hours, relentless pressure
active social group
Senior Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  maltonFebruary 13, 2013
many active projects
adhoc thinking
encouraged thinking outside the box
in addition structured expectations
great leading edge training
Pros
productive union and mgt relations
Cons
shut down plant
Challenging, a lot to learn, many opportunities to advance, learn and expand.
Electrical Manufacturing Engineering Planner (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 6, 2012
I love working at Boeing as I very much enjoy being around airplanes and working hard. This is a team oriented environment but also requires one to be self starting and able to work with minimum supervision whenever necessary. Technically challenging and complex, Mfg Engineering is right in the middle of everything happening in the production system that is Boeing Commercial Airplanes. I've learned much about using a large variety of computer tools/programs in order to gather the information I need and to put it into a form required for production. I've gained a lot of experience working with Design Engineers, production mechanics, project managers, Supervisors and co-workers in order to get things done to support the business objectives required to build commercial airplanes.
Pros
many training opportunities and benifits.
Cons
long hours, very complex system and organization.
Industrial Engineer - Level 3
Industrial Engineer for 737 Airplane and Paint (Current Employee) –  WinnipeqJune 19, 2012
I successfully managed improvement projects using lean and industrial engineering principles with improvement results of 25% in quality, lead
time and costs.

Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and meeting customers’ deadlines through leading process improvement projects and workshops to
improve overall 737 airplane production. Successfully compiled project plans and timelines using Microsoft Project and made sure deadlines were met for all action items

Conduct rate studies by analyzing equipment capacity, space requirements, manpower forecasts, and mitigate any resulting risks

Effectively collecting data and standardizing processes with standard work

Continuously excelling in improving production quality by 25%, and participating in teams to conduct root cause analysis on quality issues, creating mitigation plans and productively implementing them

Contribute effectively in improvement kaizens and workshops for different production issues

Efficient use of MS office to create various access databases, excel tools that will help summarize metrics for internal customers

Participate in training new Industrial Engineering Personnel and summer students.

4.2