Boehringer Ingelheim

Boehringer Ingelheim Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and is the work place of future
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
Excellent, have a lot os understanding within the company and lots of supports for new employees.
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2013
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work. Some of the cons is that management can be extremely distant. Often don't get the support you need to do your job.
Sold Diabetes products to physicians
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, not in office all day
Cons: not stable industry
Everyday was different, depending on where I was working that day. I was never bored with my job, different challenges came up everyday. I learned about pharmaceutical products and disease states and how medication can help patients control their diabetes. Management was great learned a lot about selling and strategy from my manager. Great co-workers – more... had a lot of fun working with them. Hardest part of the job was being able to juggle all the field work plus the office work and not allow it to filter into my family time. Most enjoyable part of the job was calling on physicians and their staff educating them on my products. – less
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: contractor
Good place, but there was no opportunity to phase from contractor to full time, and ultimately got caught in a string of lay offs. Was able to successfully work from home, which was nice. Pay was decent, people are good (for the most part) and there is a sense of community.
Very, very professional/nice culture to work
Division Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ridgefield, CTJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: stable/progressive company
Cons: confusing overlap responsibilites within the field force alignment
Cardiovascular products specifically to C-Suite executives within the hospital market. The company properly allocated resources and ensured teams were motivated and received the best training possible.
A good company to pursue a scientific career
Manager (Current Employee), CanadaJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: ethical, professional & collaborative
Cons: work/life balance
Being privately held, Boehringer Ingelheim has a relatively stable working environment. A good company to do science with collaborative employees who are highly committed and professional. Company management operated in a ethical and transparent fashion.
Supportive colleagues
Regional Diabetes Medical Affairs Manager (Current Employee), DubaiDecember 26, 2012
Pros: potential region (emerging market), well organized office
Cons: head count in medical department, alliance complexties between 2 companies.
Currently, I am working as Regional Medical Affairs for the Middle East North Africa (MENA) region in Boehringer Ingelheim. I am responsible for developing & executing the medical affairs Plan for the whole region including some details for more potential countries. I am in direct contact with global team to align with the global strategy.

I am enjoying – more... Training, Presentation and organizing medical meetings.

The most hard part is follow up sites in clinical research and managing KOLs (High Ego in the region) – less
Terrible company, sub par products
Primary care sales rep (Current Employee), Raleigh NCDecember 25, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: everything
Worst pharma company ever!! Stay away, they are doomed when pradaxa gets pulled from the market!!
Challenging and Fun
Primary Care Sales Representative II (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCNovember 30, 2012
Typical day consists of dynamic interactions with all healthcare providers and staff
Very ethical & honest driven Company
Costing Assistant (Current Employee), Randburg, Ferndale GautengNovember 20, 2012
Pros: flexitime & one and a half hour lunch break
Cons: long hours
Generally the hardest working Finance Department than any other Companies.

Year end in December

A Sales driven Pharmaceutical Company.

Head Office in Germany

International Company
Excellent culture
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative I II (Current Employee), Caguas Puerto RicoNovember 10, 2012
I really enjoyed working for BI.

BI provides you with great tools to perform with enthusiasm maintaining a great level of excellence and integrity.

Management is very accessible and kind.

Teamwork is key in BI to be successful

The hardest part of the job or most challenging was always manage care coverage.
I loved working for Boehringer-Ingleheim
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLNovember 1, 2012
Pros: the company atmosphere
Cons: don't have one
I was a primary care sales representative and this was my first pharmaceutical job. If they hadn't downsized 30% of their sales force, I would still be there today. In my time at BI, I sold everything they had in their portfolio. I was also given the opportunity to sell to Urologists and Cardiologists. I learned everything I know about primary sales – more... from this company and my manager and co-workers there. I had a great territory, although challenging. I was able to develop wonderful relationships with my customers and still drop by their offices today just to say hello and keep in touch. BI gave me all the tools I needed to be effective and become a great sales person. The hardest part of the job was the intense competition in our product lines. But that was also the best part of the job. You knew that when a physician started writing your product it was because you where able to show him the benefits of the products for his customers over the competition. – less
The best company I have ever worked for
Business Assistant to Manu and Engineering (Former Employee), Bracknell, EnglandOctober 10, 2012
Pros: flexi time
If they didn't close our division all 250 of us would still be there. Still is very sad for alot of us.
Company has strong product pipeline and bright future.
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Seoul, KoreaOctober 10, 2012
There is very strong Union and managers cannot handle their subordinates properly due to the Union in Korea affiliate.
Nice atmoshere
Syria Account Manager (Former Employee), Latakia, SyriaOctober 4, 2012
Pros: free trips
Cons: no flexibility with targets
-Work was fun we always liked our breakfast meetings.
-The team was like a family, which made the hard work fun and competition was the most amazing part of the job because we all helped each others and at the end "may the best man win"
-The most hard part was the last month before achieving the target but most of the time.... we were achievers
Nice atmoshere
Syria Account Manager (Former Employee), Latakia, SyriaOctober 1, 2012
Pros: free trips
Cons: no flexibility with targets
-Work was fun we always liked our breakfast meetings.
Difficult to communicate
IPL supervisor (Former Employee), Bedford ohioSeptember 29, 2012
Cons: everything.
I was hired for a position, they changed it once hired. Didnt have a say in what I wanted, left me hanging for 2 weeks and then decided they didnt need me. I was making great money and they really put me in devastation when I couldnt go back to where I was and they werent paying me because I was let go
Pharmaceutical company with good pipeline and ethical values
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ridgefield, CTAugust 29, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule.
Cons: completion of administrative tasks is expected to be completed during personal time.
Good pipeline, ethical values, below average pharma sales salary. Little opportunity for advancement.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2012
Pros: learning curve for medical terminology
Cons: role playing
Daily routine:
*Check/repond to email and voice mail
*Plan day accordingly
*view/update routing
*View/visit practioners demographics
*maintain professionalism
Challenging and fun environment to work
Professional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 26, 2012
Pros: interactions with people.
The most enjoyable part of the day would be the clinical interactions with physicians.

About Boehringer Ingelheim

As the US headquarters of German drug makerĀ  Boehringer Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation oversees about half a dozen – Read more