Boehringer Ingelheim

Boehringer Ingelheim Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Quality Associate (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 20, 2013
it is a reputable place to work
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Challenging, high tech facility. Learned a great deal.
Electrical/Instrumentation Tech (Current Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 17, 2013
Challenging, high tech facility. Learned a great deal. Worked with a great group of individuals. Was expected to work without much input from supervisors.
Quality System Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IAAugust 1, 2013
In a typical day in my job, I perform batch record review and investigations associated assigned product complaint and Adverse Events.
I learn to write detailed complaint investigations.
I have excellent communication with management and co-worker. That make us a great team work.
The hardest part of the job is to prepare complaint Annual Product Review – more... report. – less
Strong company
Field sales (Current Employee), FloridaJuly 21, 2013
Pros: products
Cons: salary
BI has grown into a strong company. I would recommend it if you are looking.
Good companyh values
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), BracknellJuly 6, 2013
Pros: annual
Cons: long hours
I am a highly motivated, hard working and energetic individual who is equally productive independently or as a team member. I have excellent communication skills, a caring and empathetic nature and a willingness to undertake new challenges.

I currently work as a Customer Service Assistant for Boehringer – Ingleheim a pharmaceutical company in Bracknell.I – more... have excellent administrative skills and I am very capable of multi-tasking and prioritising. Dealing with all the customer complaints is a very busy role and I thrive on the challenge, I really enjoy assisting customers and find it highly satisfying when their concerns, issues can be resolved.

All of my roles have been customer facing so I am very well presented and I have a confident yet professional manner. I am proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP

1999 – 2011 Holyport Manor School – Residential Unit Manager/Head of Care
A large campus, special school in Maidenhead, catering for the needs of children ranging in age from 2 to 17 years. There were a diverse range of special needs and client group were educated in age appropriate groups irrespective of their level of need.

I am very professional and can communicate well with colleagues of all levels.
I am an organised person who can prioritise well and I thrive in a fast paced and deadline focused environment. – less
first manager was wonderful and understanding and empathetic
Worldwide pharmaceutical developer (Former Employee), Ridgefield, CTJuly 1, 2013
Pros: big geography
Cons: big geography
The company culture was very conservative and the pay was low. I also had a huge geography to cover. I had great co-workers!
Excellent company to work for.
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJune 24, 2013
Pros: benefits, travel, ongoing education, scheduling education seminars for physician/nurses.
I enjoy starting off my day with physician office visits. I thoroughly love the teaching aspect of my job, educating the physicians about any & all aspects of the drugs which I represent.. This makes me feel good as I am actually assisting in the well being of their patients and insuring they get the best possible treatment.
This has been one of the – more... most rewarding jobs I have ever held, educating physicians & personnel how to enrich the lifes of their patients. – less
Boehringer Ingelheim Roxan Labs
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 20, 2013
One day at this place it it seemed as if you were on the moon. Everybody walks around in white tyvex and scrubs. Theres alot of stainless steel macheinery and the work is very tedius. I learned how to take my work very seriusly because one mistack could cost the company millions. The manament system is very pushy, it seems like they always exspect more – more... even if you have been performing at your best. The co workers are from all diffrent parts of the world. there is a very wide variety of people. everybody allways seems happy but just like any work inviroment there is always drama. The hardest part of the job was spending 75% of the time cleaning and 25% of the time working on production on the material. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting off after 12hours of working and comeing home to my beautiful fiance. – less
no room for advancement
Primary Care Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 4, 2013
Pros: good retirement options
Cons: team dynamics sucks
Team click dynamics horrible, and territory in Detroit dangerous.
Teleworking/Getting more organized
Clinical Associate Lead (Former Employee), Ridgefield, CTMay 1, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule/teleworking/benefits
Cons: lack of standardized process
Due to recent reorganization, the company is doing it's best to re-align with the other competitors and improving their process and other areas lacking in standardisation.
Ethics & Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee), Ridgefield, CTMarch 25, 2013
Since joining BI as a contractor in 2011 I have enjoyed an atmosphere of professionalism and encouragement of free thought and contributions to efforts in solving, developing, and improving upon processes and completing projects. I want to grow my professional career in such an environment that is not afraid of change and welcomes new ideas. Colleagues – more... at BI unite in an effort to grow both professionally and personally. This has been a unique experience and though I have much to learn, still I look forward to the opportunity to continue on my path of growth and development with the BI community. – less
Rigid culture, and afraid to move forward
Senior Principal Scientist (Former Employee), Ridgefield, CTMarch 5, 2013
Pros: company supported cafe, lunches at reasonable prices
Cons: rigid and old fashion hierarchy management structure
BI started to trim fat from their Research and Development departments a few years ago, but still reluctant to make bold changes within Research. Lots of committed and talented workers, but some expectations are beyond logic.
Institutional Sales
Institutional Specialist (Current Employee), Ridgefield, CTFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: strong pipeline
Cons: work/life balance
I enjoy the customer-focus aspect of the hospital sales job.
Very good work environment
Chemist I (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: good co-workers, flexible shifts
Cons: hiring freeze
I enjoy working at BI, my job is interesting and QC chemists really understand the importance of doing the job right.
Great Place to Work
Quality Control Microbiologist (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 12, 2013
Great company with many oppurtunites! Great managers, specialized jobs with tremendous growth potentials.
Productive and is the work place of future
IT Consultant (Current Employee), Danbury, CTFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no cons
Excellent, have a lot os understanding within the company and lots of supports for new employees.
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work
Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2013
This is a clean, challenging, enjoyable place to work. Some of the cons is that management can be extremely distant. Often don't get the support you need to do your job.
Sold Diabetes products to physicians
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, not in office all day
Cons: not stable industry
Everyday was different, depending on where I was working that day. I was never bored with my job, different challenges came up everyday. I learned about pharmaceutical products and disease states and how medication can help patients control their diabetes. Management was great learned a lot about selling and strategy from my manager. Great co-workers – more... had a lot of fun working with them. Hardest part of the job was being able to juggle all the field work plus the office work and not allow it to filter into my family time. Most enjoyable part of the job was calling on physicians and their staff educating them on my products. – less
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: contractor
Good place, but there was no opportunity to phase from contractor to full time, and ultimately got caught in a string of lay offs. Was able to successfully work from home, which was nice. Pay was decent, people are good (for the most part) and there is a sense of community.
Very, very professional/nice culture to work
Division Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ridgefield, CTJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: stable/progressive company
Cons: confusing overlap responsibilites within the field force alignment
Cardiovascular products specifically to C-Suite executives within the hospital market. The company properly allocated resources and ensured teams were motivated and received the best training possible.

About Boehringer Ingelheim

As the US headquarters of German drug maker  Boehringer Ingelheim, Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation oversees about half a dozen – Read more