Bodycote Thermal Processing Employee Reviews

A great place to work, very stable and opportunities to learn new skills
Employee Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL11 August 2017
I worked in the Benefits Dept. for 11 years and loved it. My manager and I had our own responsibilities, worked together and kept our employees first.
Pros
Ability to learn new skills, promotes from within
Cons
Benefits competitive, but could be better/more affordable
Bodycote Thermal Processing is one of the companies which provided heat treatment solutions in the aerospace and automotive industry.
Quality Manager & Metallurgist (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CA26 June 2017
Bodycote is one of the companies which provided heat treatment solutions in the aerospace and automotive industry. The company has a good culture of training its employees.
very unorganized
Driver/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN4 June 2017
Management does not care. Always cutting hours. Losing customers frequently. Moral is horrible. No team environment. Hardest part of job is getting there. A good day is being away from shop and dealing with great customers.
benefits
Cons
management
Fast paced, hard labor
Temp (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK9 May 2017
I liked the hours but didn't like how the workplace was. It's hard labor and you only get so many breaks. I worked nights and it was 12 hour days. Very tiring and stressful.
Good job, good pay, and good benefits
Temper opreator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 April 2017
Temper loads at set temps, after tempered break down load, store materials back into their contains, and put away to finish area, and cleaned area for shift change
Quick on finding you a job, good, nice people
Temper operator/ IQ operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK18 April 2017
Drive forklift around to locate materials, then build the load of material to go in the heat treating furnaces, put loads into the tempers, when finished break down load back into it's its proper containers
No opportunity for advancement, management is corrupt
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, IN23 March 2017
I've worked there for a long time and it was called Bluewater. Bodycote then bought us and it was all down hill after that. They are the biggest heat treatment company in the world, which means they don't care about equality or anything when it comes to the floor level. They want to work the employees for as little as possible to make as much money as they can, even allowing equipment to suffer and risk safety. These are all reasons I'm leaving here. They don't take advice or spend money to fix anything.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Hot, heavy lifting and twisting, fast paced, short break only one, clock out for lunch, gossip
Fast paced work place
Heat Treat Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS12 March 2017
A nice place to work if you don't mind physical labor and hot working environment at a fast pace the staff are very polite and it's a cool hands on type of work everyday
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks free cold drinks
Bad pay, bad atmosphere
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJ24 February 2017
I did not like this place. This is one of those jobs where they want you to do more with less. The pay was also very poor for what work was done. Benefits were decent though.
Pros
benefits were ok
Cons
stressful atmosphere
satisfactory work place
NDT Inspector MT Level (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CA16 February 2017
They can never keep their employees happy that's the reason why too many people are always leaving
This is a great company to work for if you want learn this industry.this company is more for a stepping stone not a career
Good place to learn and then leave
Heat Treater (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CA14 February 2017
This is a good place to learn but after you learn they re suppose to pay you more and if they dont i would leave somewhere else for more money dont waste too much time here.
Pros
Learn every department
Cons
No pay after you learn so leave
Good place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA1 February 2017
Good place to work and good people, treated with respect and taken into consideration. Always busy and had to work closely with corporate officers to get my part of the job done.
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN2 December 2016
Worst job ever, need better management team leads workers incentives vending machines restaurants for lunch break short lunch breaks no grace period
there was no moving up or hope for advancment in company except for those related.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA17 October 2016
I inspected machine parts on rockwell hardness inspection machine with 100kg ball tip for softer metals,150kg diamond tip for machine parts or smaller parts and materials,for bigger raw material we would grind a even and flat piece in material polish and indent it with a brinell 3000kg portable or standup indenter and randomly read parts with scope we could than visualy check the parts and could see with eye if indention size had changed on the chart we could read actual hardness according to our scope reading,i would than record on paper my readings and prepare for shipping if it passed requierd hardness if not i would reject to be revaluated and run the process of heat treating over till it met requirement
Pros
lots of work
Cons
humid hot and working with heavy dangerous materials
okay
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI27 January 2016
i really liked most of the people in this plant but i had one manager that use to say rude things all the time and his boss would never say anything about it even when he said profanity to workers. and called them out there name and you should have to work with anyone like that,
Decent place to work, would like a cheaper insurance package
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TN29 September 2015
Not the worst place to work at. Make decent money, and the benefits package is pretty good, if the insurance was a little cheaper.
Relaxed Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX22 August 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to arrive before 8 a.m. and check my email. I would gather data for spreadsheets/reports and have them out by the daily/weekly/monthly deadline. Then I would typically sort invoices, scan those that are emailed to customers and send them out, and fold the rest, stuff envelopes, and have them ready before the mail carrier picks them up. The rest of the day is spent sorting AP documents, matching, answering phones, doing collections, filing, and handling any issues that may arise. I learned a lot about accounts payable in this job. The management is great, my co-workers are great. It's a relaxed environment most of the time, and I don't have a real schedule, which is the most enjoyable part of the job in which I am able to make my own hours. The hardest part of the job is the pressure at the end of the month when reports are due.
Pros
No schedule, wear jeans, lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, no benefits in my current situation, hours have been cut due to dependence on oil & gas.
Extensive training in the aerospace industry.
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 June 2015
Great place, but opportunity for advancement was minimal. The knowledge I was left with was immense and I now will carry that with me for the rest of my life.
Work responsibilities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Illinois Y& Wisconsin11 June 2015
Cold Calling on potential customers. Tracking down credit issues and pricing. presenting quotes and working as project manager for new start up programs
Pros
work out of my house
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Workplace
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MA15 March 2015
Great management, very nice structure and core systems. The facility I work at has a small head count, but runs efficiently