Bodycote Thermal Processing Employee Reviews

Bad pay, bad atmosphere
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJ24 February 2017
I did not like this place. This is one of those jobs where they want you to do more with less. The pay was also very poor for what work was done. Benefits were decent though.
Pros
benefits were ok
Cons
stressful atmosphere
satisfactory work place
NDT Inspector MT Level (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CA16 February 2017
They can never keep their employees happy that's the reason why too many people are always leaving
This is a great company to work for if you want learn this industry.this company is more for a stepping stone not a career
Good place to learn and then leave
Heat Treater (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CA14 February 2017
This is a good place to learn but after you learn they re suppose to pay you more and if they dont i would leave somewhere else for more money dont waste too much time here.
Pros
Learn every department
Cons
No pay after you learn so leave
Good place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA1 February 2017
Good place to work and good people, treated with respect and taken into consideration. Always busy and had to work closely with corporate officers to get my part of the job done.
Sorter/Loader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN2 December 2016
Worst job ever, need better management team leads workers incentives vending machines restaurants for lunch break short lunch breaks no grace period
there was no moving up or hope for advancment in company except for those related.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA17 October 2016
I inspected machine parts on rockwell hardness inspection machine with 100kg ball tip for softer metals,150kg diamond tip for machine parts or smaller parts and materials,for bigger raw material we would grind a even and flat piece in material polish and indent it with a brinell 3000kg portable or standup indenter and randomly read parts with scope we could than visualy check the parts and could see with eye if indention size had changed on the chart we could read actual hardness according to our scope reading,i would than record on paper my readings and prepare for shipping if it passed requierd hardness if not i would reject to be revaluated and run the process of heat treating over till it met requirement
Pros
lots of work
Cons
humid hot and working with heavy dangerous materials
okay
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MI27 January 2016
i really liked most of the people in this plant but i had one manager that use to say rude things all the time and his boss would never say anything about it even when he said profanity to workers. and called them out there name and you should have to work with anyone like that,
Decent place to work, would like a cheaper insurance package
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TN29 September 2015
Not the worst place to work at. Make decent money, and the benefits package is pretty good, if the insurance was a little cheaper.
Relaxed Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX22 August 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to arrive before 8 a.m. and check my email. I would gather data for spreadsheets/reports and have them out by the daily/weekly/monthly deadline. Then I would typically sort invoices, scan those that are emailed to customers and send them out, and fold the rest, stuff envelopes, and have them ready before the mail carrier picks them up. The rest of the day is spent sorting AP documents, matching, answering phones, doing collections, filing, and handling any issues that may arise. I learned a lot about accounts payable in this job. The management is great, my co-workers are great. It's a relaxed environment most of the time, and I don't have a real schedule, which is the most enjoyable part of the job in which I am able to make my own hours. The hardest part of the job is the pressure at the end of the month when reports are due.
Pros
No schedule, wear jeans, lots of learning opportunities.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement, no benefits in my current situation, hours have been cut due to dependence on oil & gas.
Extensive training in the aerospace industry.
Shipping/Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH19 June 2015
Great place, but opportunity for advancement was minimal. The knowledge I was left with was immense and I now will carry that with me for the rest of my life.
Work responsibilities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Illinois Y& Wisconsin11 June 2015
Cold Calling on potential customers. Tracking down credit issues and pricing. presenting quotes and working as project manager for new start up programs
Pros
work out of my house
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Workplace
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, MA15 March 2015
Great management, very nice structure and core systems. The facility I work at has a small head count, but runs efficiently
Not for everyone ...
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA9 March 2015
Dont expect much in the way of promotions, bonus, or hiring of qualified people to fill much needed craft positions. More concerned with bottom line than improving the safety and reliability of the equipment.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, unclear and difficult processing of capital money.
productive
Welder/Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CA5 February 2015
Responsible for welding work, general maintenance, forklift operation, ensuring worksite safety, quality assurance, andhandling a wide variety of special projects
Needs work!
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS28 October 2014
Nice people, but the plant needs a lot of work to be where it needs to be in providing the proper levels of quality and service the customers need
Pros
People were friendly, open and honest
Cons
Plant lacked focus / did not provide direction
Heat treat shop with large furnaces
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX7 September 2014
Typical day:
shipping and receiving
make paperwork
make loads
qualtiy inspection
load and unload furnaces
create certifications and shipping docs

Learned:
how to read a spec accurately
create shop orders
schedule loads
how to calculate temper temperatures

Management:
needs to work on keeping personnel motivated and happy

Hardest part of the job:
trying to to the job with out the proper equipment and with poor equipment

Most enjoyable part of the job:
heat treating and the science of it
Pros
Tardy leniency, uniforms, not a lot of hard labor
Cons
Poor equipment, morale, schedule
Unprofessional management environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX30 June 2014
During daily meetings personal and non buisness related banter plagued the meetings, that were daily,long and laborious. Management frequently broke company rules such as hiring friends and family. Lack of compensation for knowledge and experience is another complaint.
Pros
Small crew
Cons
Outdated equipment, poor management, lack of proper compensation
If you want NO Advancement And NO wage Increases this is the job for you
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Laconia, NH20 May 2014
Being a former employee if you want to work for a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler and work in extreme conditions and not get noticed for your work output or recieve NO wage increases and be lied to about a job promotion then this is the place to work for The new General Manager is such a dictator you swear you were working in a concentration camp and if you are a temp working for Bodycote EMPLOYEE BEWARE AND YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best part about working at Bodycote is if the company calls for a lay off they wait until the Thanksgiving and Christmas season to do lay offs
Pros
What Pros there aren't any pros
Cons
Underpaid and Overworked
Furnace Brazing and Heat Treating
Heat Treating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA8 May 2014
As a member of the swing shift crew we worked closely together to process customer supplied parts in various brazing and heat treating operations. These operations were performed in various atmospheres per customer requirements. I would load, attach thermocouples, seal the chamber, program the furnace and proceed to run the furnace operation. At the conclusion of the operation I would unload the furnace and move the parts to their next operation. I also kept the furnace logs and thermocouple logs updated.
Pros
Great location and great hours.
Cons
I was scheduled to move to day shift prior to my leaving the company.
Interesting environment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, IL26 January 2014
Many people challenges. Very old facility that encounters it's share of equipment issues.

2.6