Summary: The scope of the position involves managing the heat treatment plant including production scheduling, hiring, training, planning, organizing and overall direction of day to day activities relating to production and equipment on all shifts, combined with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Directs activities of production and shipping, sets priorities for day to day equipment maintenance, and maintains appropriate production staffing as needed to meet company goals.
- Develops production metrics and tracks/measures progress.
- Responsible for shop production schedules and conducts production meetings including supervisors’ meetings working closely with the Customer Service.
- Ensures customers’ needs are appropriately met by shipping to schedule with minimum turnaround time and a high degree of quality, working closely with the Quality Manager.
- Directs maintenance activities in regard to shop equipment, instrumentation, facilities and personnel.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills):
- Education: College/University Degree preferred.
- Experience: Requires extensive knowledge of heat treating, operations management, metallurgy, inspection and customer needs through technical and advanced training, seminars, college, B.S.M.E. (metallurgy) and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of practical experience in the heat treatment of steel with knowledge of carburizing and aerospace alloys with automotive experience.
- Must have the ability to manage multi-level employees and functions with a minimum of five years experience in a supervisory role.
- Must be knowledgeable in customer needs, material handling procedures, and quality control.
- Must possess knowledge and have experience in industrial safety programs, OSHA regulations, company rules and compliance to labor laws relating to employment, discipline, etc.