Boathouse Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for!!!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2017
Absolutely worst company to work for, they show no appreciation and have all the wrong people in the wrong positions. They treat there staff horribly and get away with it. It has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen in a retail company before. I do NOT reccomend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Manegment
It was a good experience for a first part-time job
Part-time sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB31 January 2017
Overall it was a nice place to work, getting to communicate with customers, and help them out, also giving responsibility within the store. At the time I was working the management wasn't the best, resulting in personal/mental issues in the management of that store. I learned so much working there being able to use some of what I learned in my day-to-day life, for example communicating with strangers, and working as a team on the floor. But all in all I loved working there and most of the staff was great to work with.
A great place to work and make friends.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
At Boathouse, co-workers are more than co-workers. They're friends. Management is the mediator that ensures employees are having fun while completing the goals set by head office. It's a family.
Very Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Great place with a great staff. Can become monotonous but that is the same for any retail job. You must require a good attitude, and needs to be hard-working. I think that it is a good place for a first job, because, they set you goals and you must achieve these goals. this can help later in life. Would highly recommend.
Life at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2016
honestly loved the environment i was working in, the management and staff were amazing to work with and easy to get along with.
the work wasn't hard but the work pace was fast with sales and stock.
Pros
great staff, good pay, chance of advancement, good benefits
Perfect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2016
Very fun atmosphere, mangers were very approachable and the business was pretty good. I had a decent amount of hours and worked what I wanted to work.
fun work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
fun place to work to meet great people , but lots of conflict between co workers. i worked there for a long time and enjoyed it until new managers were getting hired and they were rude.
Great part time job for young adults to pursue
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2016
Boathouse is a great and friendly workplace that teaches you much about the skills needed to become a sales associate. The people i work with are very friendly, and the management is awesome. the hardest part of the job would be the constant cleaning of the merchandise we sell at boathouse. I very much do enjoy making conversation with customers.
Fast Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2016
Some of my co workers were friendly, but managment was unhelpful when it came to issues in the workplace. I really enjoyed the amount of customer engament, and getting fashion tips from customers and coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Late hours
Good place to work at
efficient customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2016
Greeting and helping customers. management was very poorly and some people were very difficult to talk to. Coworkers were great, very helpful.
Pros
good place to work at while having school at the side
Cons
not getting enough hours
Large Retail Space with nice co workers
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Boathouse is an upbeat and hip clothing store with lots of great discounts and promotions on branded merchandise. Although I am working in a busy store with fast paced environment, I feel that I have reached my peak with this company and that my skills can be applied more efficiently elsewhere.
high pressure, sales.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 May 2016
very much an in out job, go to work come home.
morning stock shifts are great to avoid gossip or store drama.
i find a lot of management isn't very equipped to understand there positions and lack compassion. Quality employees with wonderful skill sets are often over looked.
(not at all a personal response, completely observation of operations)
I generally love working with public! but not so much in this environment. i learned a lot about stalking and visual hear spent a lot of my time learning organizational skills and presentation.
Pros
clothing discounts
Cons
very "clicky"
In store, Relaxed fun work enviroment, Head office- unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 May 2016
very un organized in upper management, working as a sales associate is good dealing with anyone above store manager frustrating.
Pros
discount
Cons
compensation, hours
Fun and inviting workplace, but disorganized.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
The time I spent working at Boathouse was awesome. Great people and culture. It was a great place for a part-time position while a full-time student. I learned a lot working with the people there and built great relationships. The disorganization was prominent throughout the company, from simple things such as scheduling to things like floor set or markdowns.
Very friendly staff and helpful atmosphere
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2016
Employees were very friendly and helpful when I needed assistance. Loved coming into work and enjoyed working in the retail atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management
Good & Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON19 April 2016
Honestly i loved working at Boathouse at the beginning, but now i off and on don't enjoy working there due to drama between 2 other co-workers. I try to avoid drama at all cost but they tried to drag me into the drama and hate what i get stuck in the middle.
Good school and part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Boathouse is a decent part-time work position, and there is a good culture. Management can be shoddy, but that's to be expected with any retail job.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Unorganized Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 March 2016
Low pay, with high expectations.
Bonus program, lackluster.
Mediocre benefits at own cost.
Head Office lacks organization and communication.
Poor training structure.
Very Good
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 March 2016
Treat workers very well. Awesome environment to work in. Would recommend for anyone that wants to gain experience in the retail world.
Relaxing environment
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 January 2016
Very relaxing environment. Customer service was an asset. Enjoyed coming to work. Felt safe at work and felt that I learned a lot from the management team about retail.
Pros
Great work environment