Boathouse Employee Reviews

Really open fun environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 June 2017
Boathouse is a really kind environment that allows you to be and express yourself openly. Everyone's main focus is towards the store and making sure it does well, so they prefer you ask questions to get tasks done faster rather than you struggle on your own and take extra time.
Pros
Really understanding, caring environment
Productive and fun workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
I spent about a year and a half working here, and for the most part it's been an amazing time. The hours are flexible and the people make you feel like you belong there. Management has been a downside regarding drama towards employees and such, but other than that I've really enjoyed working there!
Pros
Flexible time, Great People, Discounts
Work Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 April 2017
Lots of interactions with customers. You learn how to talk and help customers in a rightful manner. I've learned that its easier to get along with coworkers and if you give them the treatment that you want back.
Pros
A healthy work environment
Cons
Short Hours
Boss was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
In the interview process I explained to her I would need to take a week off to visit my grandparents however after being hired and reminding her off this she threatened my job telling me if I go I either need to seek approval from the regional manager or quit. Ultimately I did not like receiving ultimatums.
Just not what you would expect f
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 March 2017
Management does not care about employees, staff is over worked under paid and expected to hit unrealistic bench marks. They hassle about LP conditions but do not offer cameras and security gate maintenance when asked for.
Its a nice job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 February 2017
BoatHouse was a great job to work at until management changed. Hours were good and the people were fun. Not an overly professional place but very laid back.
Pros
Fun time with co-workers
Cons
Managment was very unprofetional
Terrible company to work for!!!!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 February 2017
Absolutely worst company to work for, they show no appreciation and have all the wrong people in the wrong positions. They treat there staff horribly and get away with it. It has the highest turnover rate I have ever seen in a retail company before. I do NOT reccomend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Manegment
It was a good experience for a first part-time job
Part-time sales (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB31 January 2017
Overall it was a nice place to work, getting to communicate with customers, and help them out, also giving responsibility within the store. At the time I was working the management wasn't the best, resulting in personal/mental issues in the management of that store. I learned so much working there being able to use some of what I learned in my day-to-day life, for example communicating with strangers, and working as a team on the floor. But all in all I loved working there and most of the staff was great to work with.
A great place to work and make friends.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 January 2017
At Boathouse, co-workers are more than co-workers. They're friends. Management is the mediator that ensures employees are having fun while completing the goals set by head office. It's a family.
Very Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 January 2017
Great place with a great staff. Can become monotonous but that is the same for any retail job. You must require a good attitude, and needs to be hard-working. I think that it is a good place for a first job, because, they set you goals and you must achieve these goals. this can help later in life. Would highly recommend.
Life at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2016
honestly loved the environment i was working in, the management and staff were amazing to work with and easy to get along with.
the work wasn't hard but the work pace was fast with sales and stock.
Pros
great staff, good pay, chance of advancement, good benefits
Perfect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2016
Very fun atmosphere, mangers were very approachable and the business was pretty good. I had a decent amount of hours and worked what I wanted to work.
fun work environment
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 September 2016
fun place to work to meet great people , but lots of conflict between co workers. i worked there for a long time and enjoyed it until new managers were getting hired and they were rude.
Great part time job for young adults to pursue
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2016
Boathouse is a great and friendly workplace that teaches you much about the skills needed to become a sales associate. The people i work with are very friendly, and the management is awesome. the hardest part of the job would be the constant cleaning of the merchandise we sell at boathouse. I very much do enjoy making conversation with customers.
Fast Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2016
Some of my co workers were friendly, but managment was unhelpful when it came to issues in the workplace. I really enjoyed the amount of customer engament, and getting fashion tips from customers and coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Late hours
Good place to work at
efficient customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2016
Greeting and helping customers. management was very poorly and some people were very difficult to talk to. Coworkers were great, very helpful.
Pros
good place to work at while having school at the side
Cons
not getting enough hours
Large Retail Space with nice co workers
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Boathouse is an upbeat and hip clothing store with lots of great discounts and promotions on branded merchandise. Although I am working in a busy store with fast paced environment, I feel that I have reached my peak with this company and that my skills can be applied more efficiently elsewhere.
high pressure, sales.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 May 2016
very much an in out job, go to work come home.
morning stock shifts are great to avoid gossip or store drama.
i find a lot of management isn't very equipped to understand there positions and lack compassion. Quality employees with wonderful skill sets are often over looked.
(not at all a personal response, completely observation of operations)
I generally love working with public! but not so much in this environment. i learned a lot about stalking and visual hear spent a lot of my time learning organizational skills and presentation.
Pros
clothing discounts
Cons
very "clicky"
In store, Relaxed fun work enviroment, Head office- unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 May 2016
very un organized in upper management, working as a sales associate is good dealing with anyone above store manager frustrating.
Pros
discount
Cons
compensation, hours
Fun and inviting workplace, but disorganized.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
The time I spent working at Boathouse was awesome. Great people and culture. It was a great place for a part-time position while a full-time student. I learned a lot working with the people there and built great relationships. The disorganization was prominent throughout the company, from simple things such as scheduling to things like floor set or markdowns.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boathouse. Our community is ready to answer.