Boathouse Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good & Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONApril 19, 2016
Honestly i loved working at Boathouse at the beginning, but now i off and on don't enjoy working there due to drama between 2 other co-workers. I try to avoid drama at all cost but they tried to drag me into the drama and hate what i get stuck in the middle.
Good school and part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Flexible work hours
Cons: Management
Boathouse is a decent part-time work position, and there is a good culture. Management can be shoddy, but that's to be expected with any retail job.
Unorganized Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 14, 2016
Low pay, with high expectations.
Bonus program, lackluster.
Mediocre benefits at own cost.
Head Office lacks organization and communication.
Poor training structure.
Very Good
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 1, 2016
Treat workers very well. Awesome environment to work in. Would recommend for anyone that wants to gain experience in the retail world.
Relaxing environment
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Long hours
Very relaxing environment. Customer service was an asset. Enjoyed coming to work. Felt safe at work and felt that I learned a lot from the management team about retail.
Excellent job
sales associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: nice environment
Cons: none
great place to work in. the co wokers are nice and friendly , its a not so busy environment and not a boring environment. the hardest part of the job is folding and re-arranging after others and the most enjoyable part is doing cash
Environment
Key Holder (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 9, 2015
Allowed space and encouragement to grow personally, with communication skills, monetary goals and being kept accountable. Great place that rubs off onto its environment creating a culture of style.
Really good place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 8, 2015
Nice people to work with, great store, managers give you a lot of attention and you get a really good training before start working all on your own.
Great entry level job into the sales/retail career
Sales associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2015
look professional and well dressed to work
extensive knowledge on products to answer all questions from customers
work the till for sales
greeting customers in a friendly matter and known to ask if needing assistance
stock product to be brought out, labeled, placed in proper arrangement on displays
bring out shoes for customers to try on and compare
closing and balancing till
closing store with nightly check list and clean up
A hard working enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint John, NBOctober 6, 2015
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: not a lot of hours
Working at Boauthouse I have learned great Customer service skills. When you start your day off it should be with a smile and a welcoming appearance. I have also learned how to do wall changes, work the cash and put out new stock.
I really enjoy working with all of my co-workers, they are my work family.
It was a fun job, but not the most satisfying.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: Under paid.
Working at a clothing store was a great job to have as a teenager. However, as a couple years passed it was not a place I wanted to stay at much longer.
I learned customer service skills which has been helpful in my current job.
The management was always changing in the store so I found it very inconsistent with training.
My co-workers were great as we were all around the same age and were great with making the tasks that had to be done a little more fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers that you had not helped previously.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends with everyone.
A great place to grow as a Visual Merchandiser
Full-Time Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2015
Create displays daily using the products that are sold in the store that are visually appealing to attract customers and showcase the products in the best possible ways. Do various physical tasks, including both lifting and climbing, in order to merchandise the store. Deal with customers, answer their questions, and help them with their needs. Handle money and work with a computerized till. Do various procedures, including markdowns, transfers and online orders. Moved up within the company over a short period of time, starting off as a Part-Time Sales Associate, then became a Key Holder, and now hold the position of Full-Time Visual Merchandiser. Often entrusted to work alone in the early hours of the morning before the store is open. Continue to build teamwork skills from working with other staff members everyday, especially by working closely with the store manager and the assistant store manager. In charge of both minor tasks that occur daily and major tasks that occur seasonally. Delegate responsibilities to others in order for the store to run smoothly.
Fun workplace and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2015
I would say that my experience in Boathouse helped me to become a better professional and it taught me how to handle different kinds of problems in the store or in the management itself. I gained new ideas and skills that made me confident in my everyday routine at work. I knew how to balance my responsibilities and priorities. It wasn't really an easy job but it was worth it because the people that I'm working with made my experience as the Assistant Manager fun and we all respected each other.
fun workplace and environment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 8, 2015
Pros: huge discount
Cons: short hours
everyone there is so friendly, i always have a good time working there for every shift. i learned how to keep things professionally neat and tidy, how to organize clothing down to size, colour, and style. the hardest part is keeping track on what goes where when everything changes around almost bi-weekly. and the enjoyable part is really everything.
Great people, Fun Workplace
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Everyday was a great experience, met a lot of hard-working individuals and always enjoyed working with management! Built strong relationships with staff and enjoyed everyone who worked there
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good Discount
Cons: Can have not great hours
Boathouse provided a great entry level position as well as decent hours for a student. Flexible scheduling as well and a great discount.
Organize and fold clothes
sales associate & stock (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: management
I would tend to organize clothes, welcome customers, get shoes from the back for the customers. I learned to fold clothes. The management was horrible. We weren't on the same page and tended to clash among another. Myself and my coworkers agreed about this. The hardest part of the my job was to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers.
My experience working for The Boathouse in Vancouver BC.
Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Salary, free sunsets!
Cons: Long hours and irregular hours.
Working at the Boathouse was both fun and very fast-paced. especially in the summer time because of the water views each Boathouse had to offer. Although our staff was mostly seasonal I enjoyed seeing them return summer after summer!

With a 152 employees to motivate, coach and keep happy from day to day, managing could become quite challenging at times. I did however find our management team to be a immense help by being strong and supportive when needed. Working with such a vast of personalities and ages helped me grow in learning patience and often other ways to develop my teaching abilities.

The boathouse was a great stepping-stone into my management career.
Productive and fun
Making Sales (Former Employee), crossiron mallApril 29, 2015
Pros: long lunch hours
Cons: not enough work on the schedule for full time people
day to day
stocked
folded
customer service
learn how to communicate more with people and management was okay
Interacting with other was enjoyable and just talking an helping someone who needs help with sizes or other clothing.
A Great Environment to work in While attending school.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2015
It's a great place to be when your a student, the atmosphere is very relaxed, and the people are fantastic. The only part that was discouraging while working here was the lack of communication between management and staff.
Headquarters