Boathouse

Boathouse Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people, Fun Workplace
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Everyday was a great experience, met a lot of hard-working individuals and always enjoyed working with management! Built strong relationships with staff and enjoyed everyone who worked there
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Good Discount
Cons: Can have not great hours
Boathouse provided a great entry level position as well as decent hours for a student. Flexible scheduling as well and a great discount.
Organize and fold clothes
sales associate & stock (Former Employee), Edmonton,ABMay 12, 2015
Pros: good discounts
Cons: management
I would tend to organize clothes, welcome customers, get shoes from the back for the customers. I learned to fold clothes. The management was horrible. We weren't on the same page and tended to clash among another. Myself and my coworkers agreed about this. The hardest part of the my job was to clean the entire store. The most enjoyable part was working with my coworkers.
My experience working for The Boathouse in Vancouver BC.
Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Salary, free sunsets!
Cons: Long hours and irregular hours.
Working at the Boathouse was both fun and very fast-paced. especially in the summer time because of the water views each Boathouse had to offer. Although our staff was mostly seasonal I enjoyed seeing them return summer after summer!

With a 152 employees to motivate, coach and keep happy from day to day, managing could become quite challenging at times. I did however find our management team to be a immense help by being strong and supportive when needed. Working with such a vast of personalities and ages helped me grow in learning patience and often other ways to develop my teaching abilities.

The boathouse was a great stepping-stone into my management career.
Productive and fun
Making Sales (Former Employee), crossiron mallApril 29, 2015
Pros: long lunch hours
Cons: not enough work on the schedule for full time people
day to day
stocked
folded
customer service
learn how to communicate more with people and management was okay
Interacting with other was enjoyable and just talking an helping someone who needs help with sizes or other clothing.
A Great Environment to work in While attending school.
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 22, 2015
It's a great place to be when your a student, the atmosphere is very relaxed, and the people are fantastic. The only part that was discouraging while working here was the lack of communication between management and staff.
Relaxed friendly workplace
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 17, 2015
After opening, making sure the store is clean, floors swept, cash in the regesters clothes all tidy. Was slightly awkward saying hello to the same person that has already been told the sales
Fun and fast paced work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good hours, fun environment
A typical work day consists of assisting customers on their needs and inquiries, organizing the sales floor in order to keep a neat presentation of items, as well as managing the cash register and making sure customers had a good shopping good experience.

I solidified and further developed my communication and social skills while working at boathouse, as well as reading customer body language.

The people in management are very responsive and positive. They are unrelentingly helpful and motivate employees to exude their best on the sales floor. They are very good at teaching us the necessities of working at Boathouse. My co-workers are also fun to work with, and communicative, they also make long shifts worth while.

The hardest part of my job is when it gets busy and the store sometimes becomes very crowded and it is hard to clean up after customers and help them at the same time. Although, this is also the most enjoyable part of my job, it is fast paced, and it is rewarding to have the satisfaction of helping customer finding what they need.
Really unprofessional and unorganized workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: working for free, bad management
I worked at boathouse for two months, i loved my job and everyone i worked with until a new manager came in and told me i was seasonal when i was hired for permanent, so that was not fair at all to me. The district manager totally quit his job because boathouse in medicine hat was just going downhill. I worked around 60 hours total, and the first two weeks i was working there i basically worked for free because the girl who does payroll didnt know i was hired and the disrict manager didnt even know. I worked around 20 hours for free and i am really not happy about it. Boathouse owes me 256$ and all of my pay stubs plus my T4, which ill probably never see. I got paid only 3 times in very little amounts which does NOT add up, everyone else got paid 7 times in the time i was working there for. The manager let me go, and a week later she hires her best friends. SO wrong. Bad company. Bad workplace. DONT WORK FOR BOATHOUSE.
Easy Going Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Being a new employee I was pleased to come into a workplace with such an easygoing environment. Trustworthy and easy to talk to management as well as friendly and nice staff.
Great working conditions.
productive and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great work space
Cons: no shifts
Get to work, log in, read the memo book, go to my section and help customers out, fold clothes, get shoe sizes
co-workers are very nice, great people to work with help you out with any questions
Bad management
Sales Floor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2015
The environment was great, and the employees were amazing to work with, but the management were young and didn't focus on their employees as much as I would've for a big company.
Once awesome workplace now very lame
Sales Representative (Former Employee), OakvilleJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: met some great friends by working there
Cons: selling cheap unwanted clothing
Boathouse was a well managed, successful company until new management began changing the target consumers from skater/ surfer/ younger relatively priced clothing to cheap older lady style and overpriced hipster clothes. There were too many promos that customers did not care for and did not come in to buy that we were forced to aggressively push on them. Customers used to comes in for a relaxed, chill environment and shopping experience that is no longer being practiced in Boathouse stores due to new policies and unwanted clothing.
Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discount!!
Cons: job security
Pay was good and you are recognized for hard work, until they decide you are to be replaced for no reason!
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), mississauga, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: short breaks
some co-workers were very hard to work with.
you could only get one break for long shifts
Fast pace and exciting environment at Boathouse
Key Holder (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: excellent team of staff and working environment
Cons: small wages
Once promoted to Keyholder, Responsibilities and duties such as opening and closing tills, as well as delegating tasks were bestowed upon me. Being part of management, I found myself really liking the role I possessed due to significance of a key holder to make things run smoothly and as they are supposed to be. I was able to strengthen my skills in this role such as my leadership skills as well as organizational skills. The hardest part of this job was keeping employees on task due to the fun working environment and the general standards of management. The most enjoyable part however was possessing a vital role within the company and working each day to fulfill my role and to better the company.
Fun, energetic work environment, but poor management and training staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: discount on clothes, flexible hours (usually)
Cons: management, poor training (whmis, ladder safety, cash)
I learned a lot at boathouse about how to sell to individuals based upon a service training method used by Boathouse. Poor management made this job a bit hostile at times but co-workers were easygoing and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was working holidays when the store would get unbelievably busy, on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job was probably the easy going atmosphere and selling clothes that i myself enjoy wearing.
Great place to work, good environment
Sales/Stock (Current Employee), OttawaMay 26, 2014
Good environment to work in. Learnt new skills and was able to meet great people
Great Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2014
Great Place to work, the people that worked at my location were fun and tight nit. It was like working with family members who all had the same goals to be successful and productive.
Productive workplace, worked as a team
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, OntarioDecember 17, 2013
Fold clothing, help customers, satisfy customers needs, clean the floors,

About Boathouse

Boathouse Sports was founded in 1989 by two-time Olympic rower John Strotbeck III, to provide elite rowers with the highest quality – Read more