Boathouse Employee Reviews

Life at Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 November 2016
honestly loved the environment i was working in, the management and staff were amazing to work with and easy to get along with.
the work wasn't hard but the work pace was fast with sales and stock.
Pros
great staff, good pay, chance of advancement, good benefits
In store, Relaxed fun work enviroment, Head office- unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON23 May 2016
very un organized in upper management, working as a sales associate is good dealing with anyone above store manager frustrating.
Pros
discount
Cons
compensation, hours
Unorganized Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 March 2016
Low pay, with high expectations.
Bonus program, lackluster.
Mediocre benefits at own cost.
Head Office lacks organization and communication.
Poor training structure.
high pressure, sales.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 May 2016
very much an in out job, go to work come home.
morning stock shifts are great to avoid gossip or store drama.
i find a lot of management isn't very equipped to understand there positions and lack compassion. Quality employees with wonderful skill sets are often over looked.
(not at all a personal response, completely observation of operations)
I generally love working with public! but not so much in this environment. i learned a lot about stalking and visual hear spent a lot of my time learning organizational skills and presentation.
Pros
clothing discounts
Cons
very "clicky"
Great part time job for young adults to pursue
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2016
Boathouse is a great and friendly workplace that teaches you much about the skills needed to become a sales associate. The people i work with are very friendly, and the management is awesome. the hardest part of the job would be the constant cleaning of the merchandise we sell at boathouse. I very much do enjoy making conversation with customers.
Very friendly staff and helpful atmosphere
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 May 2016
Employees were very friendly and helpful when I needed assistance. Loved coming into work and enjoyed working in the retail atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management
My experience working for The Boathouse in Vancouver BC.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2015
Working at the Boathouse was both fun and very fast-paced. especially in the summer time because of the water views each Boathouse had to offer. Although our staff was mostly seasonal I enjoyed seeing them return summer after summer!

With a 152 employees to motivate, coach and keep happy from day to day, managing could become quite challenging at times. I did however find our management team to be a immense help by being strong and supportive when needed. Working with such a vast of personalities and ages helped me grow in learning patience and often other ways to develop my teaching abilities.

The boathouse was a great stepping-stone into my management career.
Pros
Salary, free sunsets!
Cons
Long hours and irregular hours.
Good place to work at
efficient customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2016
Greeting and helping customers. management was very poorly and some people were very difficult to talk to. Coworkers were great, very helpful.
Pros
good place to work at while having school at the side
Cons
not getting enough hours
Large Retail Space with nice co workers
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
Boathouse is an upbeat and hip clothing store with lots of great discounts and promotions on branded merchandise. Although I am working in a busy store with fast paced environment, I feel that I have reached my peak with this company and that my skills can be applied more efficiently elsewhere.
Fun and inviting workplace, but disorganized.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2016
The time I spent working at Boathouse was awesome. Great people and culture. It was a great place for a part-time position while a full-time student. I learned a lot working with the people there and built great relationships. The disorganization was prominent throughout the company, from simple things such as scheduling to things like floor set or markdowns.
Perfect
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 October 2016
Very fun atmosphere, mangers were very approachable and the business was pretty good. I had a decent amount of hours and worked what I wanted to work.
Fast Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 July 2016
Some of my co workers were friendly, but managment was unhelpful when it came to issues in the workplace. I really enjoyed the amount of customer engament, and getting fashion tips from customers and coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Late hours
Good school and part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2016
Boathouse is a decent part-time work position, and there is a good culture. Management can be shoddy, but that's to be expected with any retail job.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Relaxing environment
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 January 2016
Very relaxing environment. Customer service was an asset. Enjoyed coming to work. Felt safe at work and felt that I learned a lot from the management team about retail.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Worst retail company to ever work for!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary19 February 2013
I would work 40 hours a week, work my butt off for the company, and be promised raises that I would never recieve. My coworkers are awesome, the breaks are good. We sent in my benefits in november and I didnt recieve them until 4 months later with the wrong name on the benefits package. They make you work hours and then try to tell you that if you work over 44 hours they will no longer pay you for those hours that you worked. The district manager will try to make you deal with stuff that she should be the one dealing with instead of a sales associate. When you put in your two weeks they count you as a loss and just fire you, and when your a keyholder or manager you have to get all your days off approved, even if there something important that you need to attend, they will try and take it away from you. If you cant keep a 2.0 upt then they will write you up and just get rid of you. The district manager is very disrespectul, not trustworthy, rude, and makes employees do stuff that she wouldnt even do. I wouldnt recommend this job to anyone!!
Pros
40% discount.
Cons
district managers breathing down your neck.
Good & Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON19 April 2016
Honestly i loved working at Boathouse at the beginning, but now i off and on don't enjoy working there due to drama between 2 other co-workers. I try to avoid drama at all cost but they tried to drag me into the drama and hate what i get stuck in the middle.
It was a fun job, but not the most satisfying.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 September 2015
Working at a clothing store was a great job to have as a teenager. However, as a couple years passed it was not a place I wanted to stay at much longer.
I learned customer service skills which has been helpful in my current job.
The management was always changing in the store so I found it very inconsistent with training.
My co-workers were great as we were all around the same age and were great with making the tasks that had to be done a little more fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers that you had not helped previously.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends with everyone.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Under paid.
Worst job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore road , St. Catharines ON15 June 2013
Minimum wage job, with no raise insite , poorly run company, no chance for advancement within the company !!
Pros
Minumum wage, stand on your feet all day, you may make a few friends
Cons
If you not in the loop or CLICK you get all the bad jobs ......
Very Good
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON1 March 2016
Treat workers very well. Awesome environment to work in. Would recommend for anyone that wants to gain experience in the retail world.
Great entry level job into the sales/retail career
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2015
look professional and well dressed to work
extensive knowledge on products to answer all questions from customers
work the till for sales
greeting customers in a friendly matter and known to ask if needing assistance
stock product to be brought out, labeled, placed in proper arrangement on displays
bring out shoes for customers to try on and compare
closing and balancing till
closing store with nightly check list and clean up

2.9