Boathouse Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 18, 2016
Some of my co workers were friendly, but managment was unhelpful when it came to issues in the workplace. I really enjoyed the amount of customer engament, and getting fashion tips from customers and coworkers.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Late hours
Good place to work at
efficient customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2016
Greeting and helping customers. management was very poorly and some people were very difficult to talk to. Coworkers were great, very helpful.
Pros
good place to work at while having school at the side
Cons
not getting enough hours
Large Retail Space with nice co workers
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Boathouse is an upbeat and hip clothing store with lots of great discounts and promotions on branded merchandise. Although I am working in a busy store with fast paced environment, I feel that I have reached my peak with this company and that my skills can be applied more efficiently elsewhere.
high pressure, sales.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMay 25, 2016
very much an in out job, go to work come home.
morning stock shifts are great to avoid gossip or store drama.
i find a lot of management isn't very equipped to understand there positions and lack compassion. Quality employees with wonderful skill sets are often over looked.
(not at all a personal response, completely observation of operations)
I generally love working with public! but not so much in this environment. i learned a lot about stalking and visual hear spent a lot of my time learning organizational skills and presentation.
Pros
clothing discounts
Cons
very "clicky"
In store, Relaxed fun work enviroment, Head office- unorganized
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONMay 23, 2016
very un organized in upper management, working as a sales associate is good dealing with anyone above store manager frustrating.
Pros
discount
Cons
compensation, hours
Fun and inviting workplace, but disorganized.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 17, 2016
The time I spent working at Boathouse was awesome. Great people and culture. It was a great place for a part-time position while a full-time student. I learned a lot working with the people there and built great relationships. The disorganization was prominent throughout the company, from simple things such as scheduling to things like floor set or markdowns.
Very friendly staff and helpful atmosphere
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 14, 2016
Employees were very friendly and helpful when I needed assistance. Loved coming into work and enjoyed working in the retail atmosphere.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management
Good & Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONApril 19, 2016
Honestly i loved working at Boathouse at the beginning, but now i off and on don't enjoy working there due to drama between 2 other co-workers. I try to avoid drama at all cost but they tried to drag me into the drama and hate what i get stuck in the middle.
Good school and part-time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2016
Boathouse is a decent part-time work position, and there is a good culture. Management can be shoddy, but that's to be expected with any retail job.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Unorganized Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONMarch 14, 2016
Low pay, with high expectations.
Bonus program, lackluster.
Mediocre benefits at own cost.
Head Office lacks organization and communication.
Poor training structure.
Very Good
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONMarch 1, 2016
Treat workers very well. Awesome environment to work in. Would recommend for anyone that wants to gain experience in the retail world.
Relaxing environment
Part time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 19, 2016
Very relaxing environment. Customer service was an asset. Enjoyed coming to work. Felt safe at work and felt that I learned a lot from the management team about retail.
Pros
Great work environment
Excellent job
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 18, 2015
great place to work in. the co wokers are nice and friendly , its a not so busy environment and not a boring environment. the hardest part of the job is folding and re-arranging after others and the most enjoyable part is doing cash
Pros
nice environment
Environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKNovember 9, 2015
Allowed space and encouragement to grow personally, with communication skills, monetary goals and being kept accountable. Great place that rubs off onto its environment creating a culture of style.
Really good place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONNovember 8, 2015
Nice people to work with, great store, managers give you a lot of attention and you get a really good training before start working all on your own.
Great entry level job into the sales/retail career
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 27, 2015
look professional and well dressed to work
extensive knowledge on products to answer all questions from customers
work the till for sales
greeting customers in a friendly matter and known to ask if needing assistance
stock product to be brought out, labeled, placed in proper arrangement on displays
bring out shoes for customers to try on and compare
closing and balancing till
closing store with nightly check list and clean up
A hard working enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 6, 2015
Working at Boauthouse I have learned great Customer service skills. When you start your day off it should be with a smile and a welcoming appearance. I have also learned how to do wall changes, work the cash and put out new stock.
I really enjoy working with all of my co-workers, they are my work family.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
not a lot of hours
It was a fun job, but not the most satisfying.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 30, 2015
Working at a clothing store was a great job to have as a teenager. However, as a couple years passed it was not a place I wanted to stay at much longer.
I learned customer service skills which has been helpful in my current job.
The management was always changing in the store so I found it very inconsistent with training.
My co-workers were great as we were all around the same age and were great with making the tasks that had to be done a little more fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers that you had not helped previously.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends with everyone.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Under paid.
A great place to grow as a Visual Merchandiser
Full-Time Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 13, 2015
Create displays daily using the products that are sold in the store that are visually appealing to attract customers and showcase the products in the best possible ways. Do various physical tasks, including both lifting and climbing, in order to merchandise the store. Deal with customers, answer their questions, and help them with their needs. Handle money and work with a computerized till. Do various procedures, including markdowns, transfers and online orders. Moved up within the company over a short period of time, starting off as a Part-Time Sales Associate, then became a Key Holder, and now hold the position of Full-Time Visual Merchandiser. Often entrusted to work alone in the early hours of the morning before the store is open. Continue to build teamwork skills from working with other staff members everyday, especially by working closely with the store manager and the assistant store manager. In charge of both minor tasks that occur daily and major tasks that occur seasonally. Delegate responsibilities to others in order for the store to run smoothly.
Fun workplace and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 13, 2015
I would say that my experience in Boathouse helped me to become a better professional and it taught me how to handle different kinds of problems in the store or in the management itself. I gained new ideas and skills that made me confident in my everyday routine at work. I knew how to balance my responsibilities and priorities. It wasn't really an easy job but it was worth it because the people that I'm working with made my experience as the Assistant Manager fun and we all respected each other.

2.9