A Cisco Premier Partner, Boardwalk Communications is a value-added reseller and network integrator focused on networking and communications technology. We offer full network integration services, everything from network design & analysis consulting to project management & installation.
We are currently seeking an IT professional to join our Burnaby BC team in the position of Junior Technical Services Coordinator.
This position will assist the Technical Service Coordinator in the coordination of teams of network and technical professionals in the installation and integration of network and communications technology. Key responsibilities will include: managing the logistics of project implementations, scheduling of resources, shipping/receiving of equipment, setting/communicating project milestones/progress and managing inventory.
In the absence of the Technical Service Coordinator, the Junior Technical Service Coordinator will work closely with the Solution Architect to ensure that the system’s integration, specifications and project management meet the client’s needs.
- Coordinate teams of technical professionals in the integration of information and communication system architecture and hardware; organize work schedules and allocate staffing resources to meet project needs
- Order, receive, organize & track project supplies, equipment and materials; liaise with Order Management Coordinator to ensure timely delivery to client/project sites
- Coordinate project milestones with clients to ensure timely delivery to client/project sites
- Data Entry, reporting & database maintenance; Ensure databases are current & accurate at all times
- Collect, organize and maintain internal database to track project progress and produce status reports
- Collect, organize and maintain monthly billable services database;
- Collect, organize and maintain database for new and renewal services
- Ensure timely completion of client projects; liaise with Solution Architects to trouble-shoot and resolve technical issues; prepare and submit project progress reports
- Coordinate client meetings; submit project progress reports to clients.
- Remove roadblocks to installation of network hardware, and operating system software during project implementation.
- Perform routine network inventory to ensure control records are met. Maintain a current schedule of services and communicate to customers on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the team conducts tests to confirm project operation and substantial completion has met. Responsible for maximizing efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of project implementation and service delivery.
- Post-secondary Education; Business administration, Project Management or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven accurate data entry, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proven ability to analyze & solve problems
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Strong team player; high level of commitment to customer service excellence
- Previous experience with IT implementations, preferably CISCO solutions