BNY Mellon Employee Review

Professional work environment but needs improvement in personal interaction amongst
Tax Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA20 August 2014
I perform various job functions throughout my day. I work on Account Openings, Maintenance on existing Accounts with BNY Mellon per directions provided by our Client Service teams, process reports which reflect the daily workflow of various groups with our department, review and approve tax documentation for newly opened account or pre-existing accounts based on the new FACTA regulations.
During my career I have learned a lot about trades, settlements, interest and dividend payouts, sub-custodians, ERISA processing, IRS regulations and risks, and several different types of internal computer programs.
I truly enjoy my co-workers not only professionally but on a personal basis. I have worked with many hard working and knowledgeable individuals and have been fortunate enough to have gotten to know many of them personally.
The hardest part of my job would the systems we use not always working properly therefore causing delays in our processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an opportunity to interact with many person internally and externally while performing my job duties. I enjoy developing trust with our clients and therefore having a good relationship with them.
Pros
Flexibility when time is needed to take off, Learning experiences
Cons
Not much room for advancement

Other BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

Very helpful and Young team
Corporate Actions - Market Expert (Former Employee) –  Brussels, ON5 April 2017
Loved working there. Management was very helpful in giving directions and understanding your career goals. Very dynamic and multicultural team helped integrate very quickly.
Productive & fun place to work at
Wealth Manager & Investment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto11 March 2017
Good place to work at with great people and management. Client interaction and opportunity to get ahead of your peers with that added responsibility is a big plus. Great environment that encourages collaboration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNY Mellon. Our community is ready to answer.