BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
• Willing to relocate at the earliest • Possess no bond with the current employer • Ready to attend personal interview
Senior Investment Analyst (Current Employee), CanadaMay 10, 2014
• Willing to relocate at the earliest
• Possess no bond with the current employer
• Ready to attend personal interview
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
This was a fun workplace which I gained critical experience
Expeditor II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 20, 2014
A typical workday for me was very fast-paced and high energy. I learned teamwork, core values and how to use my interpersonal skills to interact well with others
Model Validation Summer Intern
Model Validation Summer Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2014
Having interned in Model Validation of BNY Mellon, I validated Foreign Exchange Forward Model provided by QuIC company by comparing it with own valuation model. I built up model by applying Matlab and Excel on large amounts of market data. More importantly, I was able to use what I learned in class to deal with real financial problems. In the mean time, – more... I improved my oral business English and writing. – less
Limited Career Development.
Senior Specialist (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: limited career growth
The benefits and learning experience for starting your career is good. Advancement is not an option to further your career or get promoted to other positions. Environment is okay but alot of hard work for not enough money.
• Discussions with team members and business users on the System requirement document to cover the functionality, technical issues and scope of work.
Java Developer (Former Employee), Mellon, QCOctober 17, 2014
Responsibilities:

• Have used Singleton and Factory design patterns.
• Developed user interfaces using HTML, CSS, JSP and JavaScript for views and to interact with the end users.
• Developed Controller – more... for request, response paradigm by Spring Controllers using Spring-MVC and worked on other modules like IOC.
• Functional testing the client side components for web-services by using SOAP UI.
• Based on SOAP Request to Java Web-Services, used validation of the Instructions and passes it for further business logic development.
• Used Hibernate ORM framework to persist and retrieve the data from the database.
• Implemented stored procedures and triggers to accomplish business logic implementation on server side.
• Involved in project documentation using Javadoc during development phase.
• Used SVN for version control to maintain the different versions of the application.
• Developed JUnit Test Cases and subsequently performed Unit Testing of the various modules.
• Ant tool has been used to build the application and to deploy the project.
• Used Log4j debugging utility to generate the logs. – less
SENIOR MANAGEMENT NEEDED TO ENGAGE
Document Custody (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 17, 2014
Very busy, like my co workers. Senior Management needs to have a better relationship with workers.
Contractor (Document Processor) (Former Employee), Westborough, MAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: .
Cons: .
BNY Mellon was a pleasant company to work for. Too bad it had to move to Westborough Mass.
Caddy
Client Data Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Oriskany NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: 2 15 breaks 1/2 lunch
Cons: caddy people do a million jobs for little pay
They let people get away with being Rude to eachother. If you have information about anothe employee that could hurt the reputation of the company don't bother saying anything to HR. They will find reasons to let you go.
Learned Invaluable Skills
Vice President and Divisional Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Very much enjoyed my time at Bank of New York. Senior Management was extremely approachable and more than wiling to share knowledge.
Large Company Job
Securities Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2014
Working at the company is a good job. You get to work with a diverse group of people, be in a good work environment, and work on many unique projects.
BNY Review
Lead Developer (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 10, 2014
BNY Mellon has been mostly enjoyable I have worked with people from all parts of the globe and have learned a lot about code and life. The hours are demanding and sometimes long support for the application is 24/7 and can be intense at times.
good company culture, decent pay and benefits
Credit Rating Analyst, Operational Credit Risk (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good vacation time; education reimbursement
Cons: considerable bureaucracy
I like the people, and the work is interesting. they do a fair amount of promoting from within. it's a global company with interesting opportunities to pursue.
Great place to work for.
Loan Document Custodian Associate (Former Employee), Cypress, CAOctober 8, 2014
Enjoyed my time at the company too bad they relocated. Gained lots of experience in the banking industry.
It was a great learning experience as well as a challenge to improve my current skill set
Document Custody Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 8, 2014
• Responsible for processing all initial and final collateral reviews based on Service level agreements

• Manage investments and handle the servicers operations, performance and fraud needs

• Verify and Identify that documents obtained and stored in our security vaults are authentic and meet servicer guidelines to include but not limited to audit – more... of exceptions and updates to the systems accordingly and communicating the information obtained reviewed and authenticated to both internal and external clients. – less
Productive and fun to work with.
Project Manager / Network Engineer – IT Consultant (Current Employee), Woodland Park, NJOctober 7, 2014
Good technical people.
Friendly environment.
Multiple on-going projects.
Productive and working environment.
Operation Executive (Current Employee), PuneOctober 6, 2014
Pros: sodexo coupons
Cons: short hours
Work environment is good and very productive.
Mangement is very supportive and Help full.
Some departments are better than others, but not a place where you can grow quickly
Asset Servicing - ISS Specialist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 2, 2014
After spending time with this company, I have decided that it is well past due for me to try and get out. The department I am in seems to give off the "I am stuck here" vibe. I have learned a lot about the industry and how to make myself a better professional as a whole, but it is time for me to move on.
Sales culture
Small Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: healthcare
Dealt with building book of business and acquiring new clients and building existing relationships.
Nice place to work!
Securities Servicing Processor (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYSeptember 29, 2014
High stress position at a lower pay rate, but appreciated my co-workers and the job was interesting.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more