BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
Most enjoyable job ever
Senior Executive Assistante (Former Employee), Luxembourg, LuxembourgJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: training
Taking care of CEO busy calendar, organizing meetings, research, travels arrangements, presentations, taking minutes, interact with all the departments, budgeting, expense claims, room booking, lunch order.
Compiling reports, assist other members on the Executive committee. Booking appointments.Welcoming clients,
Act as the eyes and ears in absence – more... of the CEO, mails follow up.
Microsoft office, lotus notes, PeopleSoft, GSP,
I had several training in Audit, Compliance, Depotbank, and Legal.
The most enjoyable was to be so helpful and had the opportunity to learn more and more every day. – less
Good first experience with a bank.
Assistant Teller Manager (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this bank. It prepared me for bigger and better things.
An exciting position on a trading floor
Information Technology Manager II (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: always on the move and a lot of chances to learn something new every day
Cons: not having all the time i want to take some trainings
The daily management of a support team on a trading floor is something exciting. Always on the move and working under pressure and tight deadline.

Moving to that position and at that same time changing country has been challenging but rewarding.

Moving to another country is something I'm not afraid of, it's giving me a chance to enhance my knowledge – more... and challenge my skills. – less
Great Environment
IT Desktop Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: contract didn't get extended, due to projects coming to an end
*Great Manager which knew how to get the best out of the team
*Colleagues were great and helpful
*All parts of IT groups had a good relationship with one another
Operational role related to Mutual Funds
Fair Value Pricing
N-Q/N-CSR
Over all good
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Pune,IndiaMarch 2, 2013
Handling settlements profile since the last 4.5 yrs, learning new things, new scenarios day in and out.,Ultimately leading to client satisfaction, and making sure the deliverables are met on time.
Productive & fin place to work
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2012
Pros: very rewarding career
Cons: very long hours
•Supervised a team of 15 employees to design and market new client care approaches to enhance client satisfaction.

•Consulted clients on acquisitions of American Depository Receipts (ADR’s)

•Assessed and advised security portfolios to clients.

•Oversaw transaction procedures for estate probation and transfer of ownership.
Productive and pleasant job
GCM Administration Officer/Secretary II (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
The job entailed handling financial matters for large corporations. It was demanding and challenging but entailed various departments meeting the customers needs on a daily basis.
Good place to learn about the global securities industry
Securities Process Project Manager II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse opportunities to learn about the global securities industry
Cons: company is downsizing currently
Employees daily work through lunch to service their clients. Company is large enough to provide many opportunities to shift from one area to another to broaden experience in global securities service industry
Not much room for advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 23, 2014
Pros: access to downtown tunnels, gym in building, knowledgeable co-workers
Cons: no career plans, seems to have somewhat of a high turnover rate
There isn't that much morale at BNY Mellon. The culture is one that has everyone for themselves rather than a team. You really have to research and ask around in order to find information about other departments. People are very knowledgeable at what they do, and everyone is very willing to help and teach you what they know.
Great Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2014
This company has great benefits and a good work life balance
Great colleagues!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 1 Wall St.July 21, 2014
Pros: loyal workers
Cons: better hr representative
My day was productive, since I was considered the "go-to" person. Before I was displaced, I was learning cash disbursements. Management became challenging, since my manager was located out of state. He relied on his assistant to let him know what was happening in the office. To my disadvantage, she never got along with me, since we had similar responsibilities. – more... Actually, from working in the company for close to 16 years, the only difficult thing was trying to be productive when the equipment (copiers) unable to handle the capacity of users assigned to it. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of people throughout the years, and an awesome work location. – less
Didnt enjoy this stinit
Query management (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard time
hard time to work here
great colleagues
great client i dealt with
Entry Level job
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), bny mellon pittsburgh paJuly 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fast moving dedline oriented job
Best company to work at! Great benefits and job trainings! Was able to learn at least 3 different types of work during one year. Learned how to work in deadline orient environment as part of the big team and on my own. Most enjoyable part of the job were my breaks.
Strong company with solid values, supportive management team, collaborative sales team and many opportunities for advancement.
Account Executive/Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Woodland Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
In almost 10 years of employment at the company, I covered six different industries in both a Prospector/New Business Development Officer and Account Relationship Manager role. I met, managed and supported a portfolio of over 300 clients during my time at the company. I was exposed to, nominated for and participated in a Leadership Program as well as – more... numerous sales and development programs. The company supports top talent and management works hard to allow employees to reach their full potential. I was fortunate to work with an excellent sales team and incredible management team, who were open to sharing ideas and committed to getting the job done well. Sales is a dynamic, fun and often, challenging industry. Working with a group of intelligent, creative, innovative people made my job very enjoyable. – less
A good company to work for
Settlements Clerk (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 17, 2014
BNY Mellon was a good place to work. Pay is a little low but managment was always great and benafits are good. Work is high paced but not over whelming.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Customer relations, day to day banking, accounting, assisting customer in utilizing and understanding the bank‘s new services. I also proofed ATM In addition, answer telephone and performing wire transfers
N/A
Project Management Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Staff retention and career advancement needs improvement. More effort to be put in diversity and inclusion practices
Highly stressful with inadequate training
Transfer Agent Administrator (Former Employee), Drinagh, WXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: highly stressful job
I worked in the Legg Mason section for my 3 months for work placement. It was regarded as the section nobody wanted to work in. The heavy workload and huge responsibility i was quickly given was matched with very inadequate training.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more