BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
Good place for Go-Getters
Compliance Analyst IV (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2014
Being that there are not many individuals willing to work hard at BNY Mellon it is easy to stand out from the pack and make your presence known.
working for BNYMellon
Income Processor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2014
working with BNYMellon has changed over the years and by that changing was when I decided to go the school for Medical
no life balance
Vice President and Site Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 26, 2014
recognition and top down engagement is lacking. Departments can use more engagement to induce better teamwork
BNY Mellon was a employee friendly environment. Comfortalbe and easy to accomplish company goals.
Operations Manager, Officer (Former Employee), College Park, GAAugust 25, 2014
A work day at BNY Mellon was fast past, deadline driven, and very unpredictable. There was always somethng new to learn about how to improve customer service, productivity, quality, and employee relations.

Working together as a team to accomplish daily goals was very important at BNY Mellon. ul at work. The staff and senior management worked well together.

The – more... hardest part of my job was balancing work with my personal life. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the staff and clients. – less
I like to learn new things and training for updates at the company was enjoyable.
Investor Services Specialist III (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: learning new things and good team work.
Cons: a few weeks during the summer, work would be slow and the days would seem longer.
A typical day at work would start by logging into all the computer programs. ( fsr, crm, image impress, lotus notes,excel and other programs required for financial work). Worked on financial reports
of transactions, that required to be emailed to respective fund clients.
Processed transfers and the buy and sell of mutual funds. Maintained and updated – more... multiple client accounts. Wrote correspondence to clients in the English or Spanish languages. Trained Temporary employees. Assisted coworkers with daily issues relating to mutual fund transactions or maintenance. Participated in staff meetings once a week. I also enjoyed working with other departments in order to resolve financial issues. – less
Incompetent management
Wealth Management (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 23, 2014
If you take pride in your work, like to work hard to be better, or tackle challenges head on and solve problems then this is NOT the place for you. Management does not like to fix problems or strive to be great. Compensation/benefits are poor as well.
Best place to work if you want to be really busy.
Global Income - Operations Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
Since BNY is a major bank, the operations area will always be busy with the high volume of client accounts. Since there was alot of work, I worked many Saturdays and enjoyed it. I also learned many things since you do learn alot in the back office. I liked my co-workers but I didn't like most of my supervisors.
Productive work place with emphasis on client satisfaction
Workflow Lead Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: work life and perosnal life balance.
Cons: indecisive management objectives
I am a front line of the managment hierachy. I supervise a team of six and on a daily basis we monitor client accounts and execute trades, wires and what ever needs they require. I review and approve all tasks put up by the administrator.

The management of this company is top down and through this method, upper management hopes to satisfy both employee – more... and client needs through constant feedback and employee engagement.

The hardest part of this job is letting the client down as we are striving to provide the best client services as possible, but a balance of work place and personal time is a challenge due to this admirable goal. The most enjoyable part of this position is when the client makes it known to my manager that they were very happy with our timely service. – less
Professional work environment but needs improvement in personal interaction amongst
Tax Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexibility when time is needed to take off, learning experiences
Cons: not much room for advancement
I perform various job functions throughout my day. I work on Account Openings, Maintenance on existing Accounts with BNY Mellon per directions provided by our Client Service teams, process reports which reflect the daily workflow of various groups with our department, review and approve tax documentation for newly opened account or pre-existing accounts – more... based on the new FACTA regulations.
During my career I have learned a lot about trades, settlements, interest and dividend payouts, sub-custodians, ERISA processing, IRS regulations and risks, and several different types of internal computer programs.
I truly enjoy my co-workers not only professionally but on a personal basis. I have worked with many hard working and knowledgeable individuals and have been fortunate enough to have gotten to know many of them personally.
The hardest part of my job would the systems we use not always working properly therefore causing delays in our processes.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having an opportunity to interact with many person internally and externally while performing my job duties. I enjoy developing trust with our clients and therefore having a good relationship with them. – less
Career Timewarp Hub
Senior Fund Accountant (Current Employee), CorkAugust 20, 2014
Pros: pension and healthcare
Cons: performance measurement
Reward system worst ever experienced, inhouse referral system just a route to recruit buddies, no advancement unless you a member of the "club"
Very Rigid Company
Securities Processing Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
Pros: very basic
Cons: lazy co-workers
Very uncompromising manager who treated her staff with no respect.
I felt like I was a valued employee by my peers and even other departments
Benefit Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: benefits were great. i was appreciated
Cons: not enough hours in a day.
On any given day it would start out by returning paperwork to the designated reps, Logging on the computer, entering all information for the pensioners, Answering questions from the reps to the managers, distribution of all paperwork needed to set the accounts ups and start the payment process. I can honestly say I worked with a great crew and got along – more... with everyone. Slowing down, I was told I was to fast in what I had to get done. But my accuracy was perfect. I'm retired now and I still meet buddies from work for lunch and other activities. – less
productive and workable enviroment
Operations Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2014
flexible work schedule, easy to get along with management and co workers.
stressful work environment
Itran Operator/Dmp Scanner/ Data Entry OP (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: vacation days
Cons: being monitored for no apparent reason. spoken to disrespectfully.
I come in the morning around 7:40, we start at 8 am. I would go down and get the cart full of work for the day. Break down and pass out everyone's books. Handling reports, answer emails, put together the transmissions and daily audit reports from the day before because everything is a day behind. I key in data to either be deleted or added issues for – more... the day. My supervisor on the input side really does not understand how to communicate with people. I have learned applications for the bank systems such as Peacock and Mockingbird (used to key in and look up data for missing information). Co-workers are friendly and reliable, hard working. Hardest part of my job would be tolerating being disrespected verbally, as if I had done something wrong when there is a simple solution to it all. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be a day when my supervisor in input is not in the office. – less
Good Entry Level Workplace
Tax Work Coordinator (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, great people
Cons: management is constantly getting moved around. tough to get a grasp on what you are doing.
Good to get your feet wet in a corporate atmosphere. It will show you the in's and out's of corporate banking. Very nice people and great benefits. Management is constantly changing and it creates an atmosphere of confusion and changing policies. You must be able to adapt quickly to a workplace that is constantly changing.
Nice Job life balance
FX Analyst/Audit Controller (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2014
The benefits are good and with some years the time off is very good.
I would like to see more growth in my department but thats not to say there is not opportunities elsewhere.
Good work/life balance
Broker Dealer Specialist IV (Current Employee), Westboro, MAAugust 10, 2014
It's a great company for work/life balance. I have been there for a few years and had many wonderful experiences there. I have had great trainings as well. The opportunity for advancement lacks, but that could change given the economy.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/ Access Management (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 8, 2014
Great to work for. Worked a year on a temporary assignment. Training was great. Once we were trained, we were allowed to work on our own unless help was required.
A great opportunity
Tax Reclaim Specialist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
A great place to work and learn more towards advancing your goals in the financial industry

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more