BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
Stop changing when tings arent broken
Trust Administrator (Current Employee), Pittsbuegh, PANovember 24, 2014
Pros: lunch is bought every couple months, can take time off on short notice
Cons: always changing even when something isnt broke
I love the company but every time we get a process down its changed. Management is great in my department and willing to work with you. They show concern and understand if you have things going on with family.
Best for those new to the industry
Supervisor within ETF Fund Servicing (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLNovember 22, 2014
Company needs much improvement. The current transition is not going smoothly. The stock is in play with several Hedge Funds that are squeezing management.
Experience depends on department
CA Back Office Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 22, 2014
Management styles vary by department. Learning was difficult, but can be mastered. Being such a large company, you do lose some of the personal when it comes to development and growth.
Reconciliations Adminitrator
Reconciliations Administrator (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGNovember 22, 2014
My typical day consists of working of an Allocation spreadsheet, which tells me which Client's to work on today, and the deadlines I need to make for each Client.
Good Experience
Hedge Fund Accounting (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 21, 2014
Pros: predictability
Cons: pay
This is a great first step to build your career and learn some professional experience. If you are looking for stability in an environment where you are allowed to choose your own destiny, this is the place to do it. You will not make a lot of money in fund services, but you will be able to have the time and energy to pursue your dreams if you like. – more... If you want stability, this is the job for you. Overall it was a good experience, and most importantly it is what YOU make it. Good Luck! – less
Challenging and Engaging
Assistant Team Lead, Mutual Fund Custody (Former Employee), Everett, MANovember 20, 2014
Fast paced work environment that is changing all the time. Management is engaged with the development of the staff. Opportunities for advancement and moving between departments. Great volunteer initiatives in the community.
Fast Pace work enviornment
SR. ASSET ADMINISTATOR / TRAINER (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free perks and compemsation
Cons: job move to pina india
Train new employee's, learned alot about syndicated loans.
Great Work Place
Trust Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad compensation
Nice name on your resume. The company does not pay much in compensation. I like the people I work with certainly makes difficult days in the office go easier. The larger size of the company seems to limit forward thinking ideas.
Tax
Tax and Documentation Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2014
Pros: trusted to complete my tasks
Cons: monotonous tasks everyday, little to no critical thinking/problem solving/challenge
A typical day consisted of a 9-5 shift in downtown Pittsburgh. I would enter and start the day by answering emails and returning missed calls. Attention then turned for the rest of day towards our data reconciliation project. I work with a partner on the project under the supervision of out team manager. Unfortunately, halfway through the project I – more... lost my teammate and I was tasked to train the new hire.

While the less-than-coordial feedback from many employees made some days longer, the camaraderie between me and both my partners made up for any negativity recieved. – less
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 16, 2014
Cons: everything
terrible place to work for, management isn't trustworthy or timely
Great Company, Excellent Management
Senior Account Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2014
Large, stable company with Excellent Management. Great location, close to the University of Central Florida, offering ideal careers for new graduates and interns.
Productived and fast paces environment
Wholesale Lockbox Supervisor (Current Employee), Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: high turn over rate
Supervise 30+ employees to ensure that the customers needs are met.
Inviting, productive workplace, with great people
Test Analyst (ISTQB-certified) (Current Employee), Dublin, IrelandNovember 13, 2014
A very rewarding place to work. Met a lot of very nice people, always willing to help out.
Learned a lot about financial services during my time here.
Great people with a successful leadership management team
Vice President, Relationship Executive (Former Employee), Everett, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: entreprenurial atmosphere.
Cons: little job security. benefits are horrible.
As a leading global custodian bank, BNY Mellon enjoys a great reputation around the industry. Its a great place to work and the professionals there take pride in developing technological innovations and finding custom solutions to client challenges.
Fast paced, financial market risk based position
IVC Control Analyst-Pittsburgh IVC (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 10, 2014
Pros: market knowledge
Cons: repetative
Worked in daily financial product processing utilizing fax imaging system. Utilized problem solving skills, risk management, and knowledge of the industry to provide excellent customer service.
Great company to work for
Reconciliation Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good company culture
Cons: many changes led to reduction in force
Overall good company culture. Working with other departments was an ease while working there, and the relationship with the vendors and service partners was always a pleasure
Great people to work with, the environment is stress-free.
Reconciliation Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, there is constant support and training to make you feel competent.
Cons: may get very busy depending on your job role.
The Bank of New York Mellon has a very flexible and laid back environment. Managers are very much supportive and in terms of work and also personal life. great benefits including tuition reimbursement Good place to work.
Good work culture
Operation Executive (Former Employee), Maharashtra, Pune, Hadapsar, MagarpattaNovember 7, 2014
Pros: free meal passes
A typical day at work would start with checking mails for any urgent tasks to do. I was in Corporate Actions team. So my job was to contact the stake holders through e-mails, inform them about the corporate action taking place and their options for taking part in the event. After receiving the response form the stake holder I would move the stocks and – more... take required action as suggested by the share holder.

I learned the financial market of different markets like NYSE, NASDAQ and even European markets precisely.

Management at the company was great.

Co-workers were good too.

The Hardest part of the job was few voluntary responses. They were too critical.

The most enjoyable part of the job was one would get to learn many different financial concepts in every different Responses. – less
Different teams have different cultures, based on manager
Vice President (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2014
There is a large discrepancy between the message senior management conveys and the actions that middle management take. Middle management does not relay the whole story for bad information upwards, painting a rosier picture than reality.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more