BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
Most enjoyable job ever
Senior Executive Assistante (Former Employee), Luxembourg, LuxembourgJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: training
Taking care of CEO busy calendar, organizing meetings, research, travels arrangements, presentations, taking minutes, interact with all the departments, budgeting, expense claims, room booking, lunch order.
Compiling reports, assist other members on the Executive committee. Booking appointments.Welcoming clients,
Act as the eyes and ears in absence – more... of the CEO, mails follow up.
Microsoft office, lotus notes, PeopleSoft, GSP,
I had several training in Audit, Compliance, Depotbank, and Legal.
The most enjoyable was to be so helpful and had the opportunity to learn more and more every day. – less
Good first experience with a bank.
Assistant Teller Manager (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJJanuary 13, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this bank. It prepared me for bigger and better things.
An exciting position on a trading floor
Information Technology Manager II (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: always on the move and a lot of chances to learn something new every day
Cons: not having all the time i want to take some trainings
The daily management of a support team on a trading floor is something exciting. Always on the move and working under pressure and tight deadline.

Moving to that position and at that same time changing country has been challenging but rewarding.

Moving to another country is something I'm not afraid of, it's giving me a chance to enhance my knowledge – more... and challenge my skills. – less
Great Environment
IT Desktop Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGAugust 7, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: contract didn't get extended, due to projects coming to an end
*Great Manager which knew how to get the best out of the team
*Colleagues were great and helpful
*All parts of IT groups had a good relationship with one another
Operational role related to Mutual Funds
Fair Value Pricing
N-Q/N-CSR
Over all good
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Pune,IndiaMarch 2, 2013
Handling settlements profile since the last 4.5 yrs, learning new things, new scenarios day in and out.,Ultimately leading to client satisfaction, and making sure the deliverables are met on time.
Productive & fin place to work
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 4, 2012
Pros: very rewarding career
Cons: very long hours
•Supervised a team of 15 employees to design and market new client care approaches to enhance client satisfaction.

•Consulted clients on acquisitions of American Depository Receipts (ADR’s)

•Assessed and advised security portfolios to clients.

•Oversaw transaction procedures for estate probation and transfer of ownership.
Good company to work.
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT/SENIOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Good company to work for. It's going through challenging times, as with most large companies, but was a great place to work.
Enjoyed
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Everett, MAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice place
Cons: temp
A typical day at BNY Mellon was very busy, answering phones on the regular. keeping track of all packages and organizing all mail that came in the building. I have learned to be more organized on on top of things at one time and being able to balance my work day under pressure.

I worked with some great people that I can see myself working with again. – more... The hardest part of the job was knowing who everybody was in the building and making sure the mail went to the correct places due to the fact it was a very large number of associates and CEO who had admins to get there mail, but for the most part I was able to juggle it. The most enjoyable part was being able to excel my Admin skills and meeting new people – less
Miserable
Module Processor (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: do not discriminate against same-gender partners and alternative lifestyles
Cons: just about everything else...
Demeaning, treated less than human, stressful, overburdoned, underpaid, unreasonably high expectations, majority of employees barely make above unsatisfactory rate of processing, yet standards aren't adjusted to accomodate the standard level of work being given by employees.
Productive and pleasant job
GCM Administration Officer/Secretary II (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
The job entailed handling financial matters for large corporations. It was demanding and challenging but entailed various departments meeting the customers needs on a daily basis.
Decent wages but poor environment
Broker/Dealer Services Administrator (Former Employee), orlando FLJuly 23, 2014
Not many if any opportunities to advance within the department
Good place to learn about the global securities industry
Securities Process Project Manager II (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: diverse opportunities to learn about the global securities industry
Cons: company is downsizing currently
Employees daily work through lunch to service their clients. Company is large enough to provide many opportunities to shift from one area to another to broaden experience in global securities service industry
Not much room for advancement.
Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TxJuly 23, 2014
Pros: access to downtown tunnels, gym in building, knowledgeable co-workers
Cons: no career plans, seems to have somewhat of a high turnover rate
There isn't that much morale at BNY Mellon. The culture is one that has everyone for themselves rather than a team. You really have to research and ask around in order to find information about other departments. People are very knowledgeable at what they do, and everyone is very willing to help and teach you what they know.
Business Analyst - Contractor at ZeroChaos (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 22, 2014
As a Business Analyst dealt with Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flows, Business Process Modeling, Case Tools, and Business Analysis, writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications, Systems Requirements Specification (SRS), Data Dictionary, Workflows, Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, – more... SWOT analysis, Risk Analysis, modeling Business Process, and preparing Training manuals and Knowledge Transfer manuals.
Authored business and system requirements analyses and functional specifications with supporting business process flows (data modeling), Traceability matrices, Risk Analysis and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, Object Oriented Analysis (OOA/D)
Expertise in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Context diagrams, Component diagrams, Microsoft Visio.
Participated in functional testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Integration Testing, and QA Testing.
Used Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), Data Warehousing and Data Mapping. – less
Great Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2014
This company has great benefits and a good work life balance
Great colleagues!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), 1 Wall St.July 21, 2014
Pros: loyal workers
Cons: better hr representative
My day was productive, since I was considered the "go-to" person. Before I was displaced, I was learning cash disbursements. Management became challenging, since my manager was located out of state. He relied on his assistant to let him know what was happening in the office. To my disadvantage, she never got along with me, since we had similar responsibilities. – more... Actually, from working in the company for close to 16 years, the only difficult thing was trying to be productive when the equipment (copiers) unable to handle the capacity of users assigned to it. I enjoyed working with a great bunch of people throughout the years, and an awesome work location. – less
Huge effort - huge gains
Merger and Integration - Program Manager (Former Employee), New Work, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: stick you neck out and gain attention and recognization
Cons: stick your neck out and get it chopped off
Fortunately I was empowered to make things happen. For over my first 27 years I was always asked to lead my staff into areas of newer technology and establish high RIO on investments.
Didnt enjoy this stinit
Query management (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hard time
hard time to work here
great colleagues
great client i dealt with

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more