BNY Mellon

BNY Mellon Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant and HR Coordinator (Former Employee), London, UKApril 22, 2014
Pros: internal progression
Cons: salaries
Got to work with a variety of clients and stakeholders with various backgrounds and experience. Each day I learnt something new!
Fast paced work environment
Development Manager (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: fast pace, can learn quite some things about working with cross-functional teams, good pay & relatively secure
Cons: no work-life balance, not enough growth options.
Good place to learn varied responsibilities in multi-functional teams and matrix organization.
Global Corporation with lots of learning opportunities
Financial Modeler (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
My job requires a lot of VBA programming in my deal modelings. It's a great learning experience in the first few months, after that, like most jobs, it's more like repeating, sometimes, a little bit innovations.

My manager is very nice, and he gives me a lot of freedom in my project, asking for high quality rather than the speed. He always says: take your time and make sure our number is correct.

The other teammates are great too. We like to share ideas together and complete the projects in real teamwork.
Productive and fun place to work.
Accounting Clerk Sr. (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Very repetitive. Job duties is to reconcile reports every month from the Trust Associate. Management and co-workers are very pleasant. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive job functions. The exact same report on the exact same day of every month. Not easy to advance within the company. Most enjoyable part of the job is I like to make people laugh and bring humor (while being professional) to the office.
Working with BNY Mellon was good experineced for me, learned lot of management skill from my team mate and manager.
Operation Administration (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Working atmosphere was good, everyone follows rules and regulations at work. Learned management skill, how to manage work pressure while working in a hardest part of the job.
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Executive (Former Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 21, 2015
Great place to work.Good teamwork,learned lot of things.enjoying at the same time the work enviornment.hardest part was working in shifts....
Stepping Stone Company
Information Security Administration (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: overtime rates if you earn under £25k/pension
Cons: salary/bonus/job security
BNYM is a great place to work as a first job or if you want to work in this type of sector as it does hold some weight in on your CV.

Salary is well below industry and bonus is nothing to speak of. Any salary increase year on year is usually between 1-2%. Pension is good compared to most.

Management is hit or miss, depends on which team you are in as does job security, nearly always some team being made redundant.
Productive and great team work in the Tax Department
Tax Analyst, Tax Department (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: strictly tax and dividend information used daily for the preparation of corporate taxes.
Cons: auditors pressure.
I current work with the estimate taxes, Excise Tax, Tax Provisions, 8937 and 1120 forms as they relate to corporate taxes and dividends.

Co-workers are very helpful if any information that needs to be explained further.

There is nothing really hard about the job other than it is very intense.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that is new every day and the tax information has to be precise for the auditors.
Great company with a great team
Software Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2015
Great company with a great team. Lots of new technologies and many training opportunities
dead end
Mutual Funds Custody - Administrator (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 19, 2015
I started out there in mutual funds custody and it was my first job out of school. After a month I was bored but stuck it out for a full year and was able to make connects with my future employer though it. There isn't much to move up to when there.
Analyst
Analyst - Account Receivable (Current Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 18, 2015
1) My day starts from 1.30 PM (IST) to 9:30 Pm the very beginig i have to check the e-mail which required action on urgent issues,then there are though mails whch require authorisation to assing the funds which belong to our region that is befor 4.00pm

2) Assign the work the work to our team (3 team members)
Diverse work environment with solid business culture.
Vice President - Senior Unit Manager (Former Employee), Everett, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Excellent opportunities to grow professionally. Management listened to input from all levels. Interaction between all departments and levels ensured a thorough understanding of up stream and down stream effects.
Changing Culture
Business Controller -Corporate Trust (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
•Support small as well as the large business line departments, with management reports
•Review all financial entries daily for (S.B.A)
•Responsible for supporting all aspects of financial reporting
•Review all sub ledger and general ledger entries daily
Excellent comany.
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: company benefits, working culture/enviroment, excellent compensation and the list goes on.
Cons: merge with mellon bank & relocated to boston/pittsburg
Working at the Bank of New York/Mellon has been one of my best working experiences. I learned so much as an administrative assistant to the trade desk. Learned about money markets, bonds, asset management, trade settlements, return of rate reporting, trades security guidelines & regulations and a host of other Asset Management trade of the job. Great team of management & supervisors.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Settlement Specialist -ADR Operations (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: life balance
Cons: no room for advancement
BNYMellon has a good Job work/Life Balance Co-workers are good, kind people to work with. I feel the hardest part of working at BNYMellon is getting an opportunity to advance.
High employees highly focused on performance
SVP, Manager (Former Employee), New YorkJanuary 13, 2015
Being a large financial institution, the bank was under pressure due to low interest rates and new regulatory expenses, but management and the operating teams were highly focused on execution and delivering a high level of service. Business are very much in flux as the bank tries to align itself to a difficult operating environment.
Good Benefits
Appraisal Control Officer (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2015
Large company so the benefits are good, not much room for growth.
Enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee), canary wharf londonJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: staff developmet
Cons: occasionally long hours
Enjoyed my time at BNYM. Joined in 2001 and progressed, got various promotions leaving as a manager and a Vice President.
Productive and Interesting Work with Co-operative Colleagues
Operation Executive (US FUND ACCOUNTING) (Current Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free transportation, free food coupons
At BNY Mellon I reconcile Derivatives (Swaps, Forwards, Options) on MS Excel. We match Accounting data with external broker using Accounting data extracted from company's system and statements from external brokers. If there are any differences, we research the break and communicate it to accounting team to get it cleared. I review funds of other team members, handle MIS for the team, provide training to new joiners, perform internal Quality Audit and suggest controls to reduce/minimize errors.

I gained detailed knowledge of MS Excel (Formula's and Macro's). At BNY Mellon I understand functions and Importance of reconciliation, internal quality analysis.

Management is very supportive and encouraging. Managers always motivate employees to provide new ideas. My colleagues are very helpful and fun loving. We always work together and helps each others in completing the work with high quality.

The most enjoyable part of the job is research and getting new training. Having new challenging funds is the most enjoyable part because I get chance to learn new things.
Fast paced, interesting varied work
Senior Operations Administrator (Former Employee), ManchesterJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: pension, health care, social activities, training and development
Cons: redundancy
Senior Operations Administrator, close interaction with Management to understand and be part of departmental strategic direction and decision making.

Ensure training plans developed for all staff in order to raise awareness of correct procedures, timely and accurate execution of daily work and risks associated with the role.

Developed starter pack. New staff linked to a current experience member of the team, to assist in development from both perspectives and to promote continued positive company ethos.

Error log continually updated and monitored, ensuring actions to resolve issues met in a timely and accurate manner. Areas for improvement identified and implemented ie process amendments, staff training.

The hardest part of the job is when experienced members of staff leave, putting some pressure on those remaining to train new starters.

The most enjoyable part of the job is developing members of team to reach their goals and achieve recognition through various mediums ie awards, promotions.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNY Mellon

WE’RE INVESTED IN OUR PEOPLE Client success begins with our people. That’s why we invest in the future of each – Read more