BNP Paribas

BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and friendly work place.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 10, 2014
A typical work day was always learning something new. The position itself was both very interesting and challenging which made it enjoyable. The people are very friendly and always assisting when needed.
Great Enivorment to Develop Analytical Business Skills
Corporate & Investment Banking - Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2013
Researched prospective clients on behalf of Senior Coverage Officers. Performed due diligence on current large multinational clients to assess credit worthiness. Recommended internal credit ratings that were ultimately used in credit lending decisions.
Good company
Storage Architect Consultant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 11, 2014
very good company to work with.. the infrastructure was very good.. that's good place to lift our career growth up.
Data entry for tournament credentials
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Indian Wells CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: meet tennis pros
Learned new software to process information for credentials. Would process details needed for each photo pass for tournament and had to be precise in data entry. Exciting to meet tennis pros and their staff. Very fast paced environment since some credentials had to be processed while client was waiting.
Productive and detalied attention to high profile clients, business oriented.
Assistant Vice President of Treasury Operations (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good pay, good bonuses, educational courses, free coffee
Cons: tight lunch schedule, no cabs after a late night, no gym reinbursement
Daily worked flow consist of checking reports, ensuring all systems were up and running properly. Handling of any past due payments that needed further instruction or out of the country assistance. The company provided many online and premises courses, such as: Leading with Success, Coaching your team. These courses provided you with tools to assist – more... your team and peers throughout a course of a day, project or outstanding issue. Management was present and helpful. Email was the first form of contact for recording and feedback purposes. Overall my co-workers were all hardworking and there to complete their responsibilities, the atmosphere was friendly and easy going. The hardest part of this job was completing every aspect of the job within the timeframe, we were short on staff and heavy on workload. This took a lot of prioritizing. Ensuring you have provided the utmost experience for your client. When they call you for direct support, you have done your job successfully and this brings great satisfaction. – less
BNP
Lead BA/PM (contract role) (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: stability
Great company and very fast paced work culture.Working with the energy traders made it very exciting.
Very demanding company with good compensation and benefits
Sales and Marketing Manager - Commercial Accounts (Former Employee), Paris, FranceNovember 30, 2014
Before the merger with BNP, Paribas was a very demanding company with underlying social elitism and academic excellence where it was pretty difficult to grow.
The company culture was very urbane and somewhat political. It was a good place to polish one's skills in communication and to learn how to better focus on details.
After the merger, the recognition – more... emphasized more on tangible achievements. – less
A leading bank
Summer Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2014
with strong performance in the US, and globally. the trading team is excellent.
Co-workers are really nice
Syndication Loan Agent/ Loan Admin (Former Employee), 上海市November 7, 2014
I only had the experience in BNP Paribas (China) Limited, the co-workers there are pretty nice and productive. Labor Union in the company are awesome! We have many chances to travel with colleagues and have a lot of fun.
Financial Services Officer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 31, 2014
Pros: hours and staff were awesome.
Cons: lack of leadership and training made it diffucult to perfom the job successfully .
Customers and Co-workers were awesome, management was generally absent and products were not competitive, This made it hard to meet the goals set but other wise a good culture.
Productive and result oriented
Developer (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 26, 2014
Learned new skills working with a bunch of talented professionals.
Work at BNP Paribas was extensive and it was necessary to be focused to avoid errors. There were no diversions from work.
Associate (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: there was no free lunch. but food coupons were provided at a discounted rate.
Cons: i could take breaks other than lunch and breakfast, the company also provided health insurance and provident fund services.
I became more diligent when i worked with this company. As i was processing Australia and South East Asia transaction, i had to start work at 6 am which would continue till 5 pm or more. This helped me changed my attitude towards corporate life. My co-workers were very helpful and they put in full efforts to make me understand the kind of transactions – more... i was processing. There were several sessions arranged by the company like stress busters, self-defense workshops for women, karaoke etc. We could participate provided we complete the work first. – less
Good work life balance - weak management
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), SingaporeOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: weak management
At BNP Paribas, I had a very good work life balance where importance was given to your personal life after work. But what I felt was that the senior management lacked conviction and was not able to be make hard decisions. Which is why the bank has been behind other banks in terms of technology.
Fun workplace
Corporate Actions - Euronext Markets Specialist (Current Employee), Lisboa, P11October 7, 2014
On this training program I had the opportunity to learn a lot about how a great company back-office works.
A nice place to work at overall
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 5, 2014
Pros:
- Nice co-workers in most teams
- Great work-life balance
- Good job security

Cons:
- Relatively low pay (relative to the industry)
- Advancement is difficult (the pyramid is top-heavy)
- Communication from management at most levels is not good

In general, it is not clear where BNP Paribas CIB is headed, especially in the US.
Good training
Customer adviser (Former Employee), Paris, A8October 1, 2014
Greeting clients and making appointments
Informing customers about products and services offered by the bank
Transferring money from one account to another
Giving checks and credit cards- sales
Filling the cash dispenser- ATM.
Solving problems met by clients in daily life such as loss of credit card, refund, claims,…

The hardest part f the job is that – more... there were a lot of customer all day – less
I LOVE MY JOB HERE AT BNP PARIBAS MIAMI
European leader (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 26, 2014
I LOVE MY JOB HERE AT BNP PARIBAS
THEY TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT
AND UNDERSTANDING. IF IT WANT THAT THEY ARE CLOSING THE BANK I WOULD HAVE RETIRED
Experienced commodities professional
Vice President Power Flow & Structured Origination (Current Employee), New YorkSeptember 19, 2014
I have worked in the commodities field for the last 12 years focusing on natural gas and electricity. I've held various trading and sales roles during my tenor and I have developed many key relationships during this time.
Like the atmosphere of a European company
Executive Administrator/Office Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Like working with people globally. Typical day is faced paced and ever changing.
Very relaxed work environment
Vice President (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJ;September 9, 2014
Very relaxed environment;
Technology wise , not advanced.

1 2 3 4 5

About BNP Paribas

One of Europe's largest banks, BNP Paribas operates about 7,300 branches in more than 80 countries across Europe, North America, – Read more