BMO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A challenging, busy work place, that provides the oppourtunity to feel that you have accomplished something each and everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2016
As a long term associate with BMO, I have stayed in my current role as my greatest pleasure is with the interaction I get to have with my customers each and everyday.

With my tenure and history with BMO, I am frequently called upon to provide guidence and support to many of the staff and management with in my branch. It is a source of satisfaction to know that my knowledge is a valuable assest to the workplace. l
It was a good working experience, lots to learn
Project coordinator - IT project (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 5, 2016
It was a excellent company to work with. Everyday was a new learning experience. Staff was cooperative.One of the oldest banks in Canada established in 1871, provides a wide range of financial products and services, to retain banking, investments, and also to small businesses and larger corporations. Corporate responsibility is focuses on environmental sustainability and also the well being of various community groups through volunteering efforts and donations. 7 million accounts for the amount of Canadian customers they have and provide great customer service.
Great
SR System Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Awesome place to work. Great team
Cons: non
Awesome place to work. Great team

Looking forward to work again.

Well organized and great team. I was very lucky to be part of great team

thanks
excellent place
Technical analyst and project coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 20, 2015
an amazing place to work, teams and management are very cooperative and great work life balance. great opportunities to learn different technologies and operations
amazing people to work with
Service Representative III - Commercial Lending (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2015
BMO Bank of Montreal is a great company work for. Co-workers are nice and willing to help at all times. It is a diverse work group.
Fun and fast paced
Personal Banking & MasterCard Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, networking
Cons: work advancement
BMO has taught me the importance of managing finance. I have learned to personally manage my own and the benefits of product knowledge.

Through my work experience I have strengthened my communication skills and had the opportunity to work in various departments. I've expanded my networking contacts and throughout the year have had the privilege of working with many wonderful colleagues in the same role and in management roles.
Customer Service with security
Garda Security Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Management is great & you always work with a partner
Cons: Long hours with less pay
- Access Control
- Customer Service
- Normal Patrols
- Writing Reports
- Alarm Testing

Working at the BMO as a GardaWorld Security Officer is great. You get tons of experience in the corporate security aspect. You get to deal with a lot of incidents such as, medical emergencies, access control rejects, patrols, alarms, etc. The hardest part of this job are the 7 day straight work schedule, it could be either day shifts or nights. But you get use to it and it becomes easy after. Best part about working at BMO is that you are always working with a partner so time goes by fast and it is always team work.
Good Job
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), 100 King St. W. / 250 Yonge St.September 1, 2015
Great supervisors, great hours, some co-workers were very competitive but others were extremely cooperative. This was a fast paced job and took a lot of time management.
Produtive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), BrantfordAugust 28, 2015
Process financial transactions for customers.
deposits, withdrawals, etc.
Provided exceptional customer service in a timely manner.
Great people to work with.
Productive work in Corp. Technology Group
Sr. Business Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2015
Enjoy the fast paced working environment. Managed project in Corp. Technologies group. Most of the project are mandatory or regulatory requirements.
great place for learning
Solution Designer / Lead Developer (Former Employee), TorontoApril 10, 2015
bmo is a great place to work.I was trained in BPM technology.The management encourages you to take ownership.We were using Agile methodologies.The manager was great guy to work with.
BMO is a positive and exciting place to work.
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Huron-PerthApril 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits, extensive training, support and honesty
Cons: fully commission based
I am impressed with the friendly and supportive workplace BMO provides.
The people from management to the front line staff are the most sincere people I have worked with.
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Proxy Support Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
I was an active member in the implementation of bluecoat proxy throughout BMO replacing ISA.Main challenges were to transform all the rules created in ISA to be migrated to bluecoat and make them work properly according to the Work orders.Several times pressure arrived during the migration period due to error in the proxy rules being implemented in Bluecoat according to proxy.lots of calls emails and tickets were raised by end users for not being able to access several important sites which were available from ISA but not after bluecoat proxy.Resolving all those issues handling customer complain,getting hold of the customer,taking live packet capturing from customers pc while problem arrived for sites being not accessible.These data were needed for troubleshooting.It was indeed a great experience for me to learn about both ISA and bluecoat proxy's.
Company culture
SAP BI TECHNICAL ARCHITECT (CONSULTANT) (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 1, 2015
Pros: the pay is competitive
Cons: see above
Highlights:
• Developing automated security scanners to perform penetration tests, reviewing security models and investigating security breaches to facilitate internal audits.
• Designing automated mechanisms to analyze and perform inventory of BI objects within the BI Platform.
• Implementing a Java EE framework using BOBJ SDK and RESTful Web Services to standardize automated daily report schedules.
• Integrating monitoring metrics with auditing events in a custom IDT Universe with the development of widgets to keep track of server performance KPI.
• Developing algorithms to automate testing of BI content.
review
financier, Laval (Former Employee), Laval, QCFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: seasonal job
It was a seasonal job. The manager was flexible. I learned about car loans. People at work were very nice. I enjoyed the team work.
productive and a place to grow within the company
Customer Contact Agent (Former Employee), 2465 Argentia Road Mississauga L5N 0B4February 5, 2015
Responsible for providing sound customer experiences to BMO clients in an inbound call center environment
Provided solutions to clients using strong communication techniques and by customizing products and services around their needs Strived to be top performer within my team, exceeded sales targets
Nominated by peers and management as Annual Employee Survey representative for my floor team to be responsible for ensuring quality control, overseeing team morale, and meeting with senior management to discuss issues and devise solutions to logistical and structural concerns within the department
An excellent company for IT guys
BI and EDW Consultant/ELT Foundation Architect (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: reasonable pay rate
Cons: sometime stressful
A lot of new technology
A fun place to work
ready to embrace challenges
great place to work at
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: lots of learning, good experience
Cons: long hours
Really good environment, everyone in my department was really kind and helped me settle in and showed me the way around. Management is really kind and always concerned with their employees.
To much focus on sales rather then service
Assist and perform client's (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pay is to low for the work load. Work environment does not allow team work.
learning financial review from clients
Salesperson (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: financial managing
Cons: time consuming
indicate potential to save monthly payment from clients' mortgages.