BMO Harris Bank

BMO Harris Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
QA Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisSeptember 27, 2013
It was good working with BMO. Well organized and well structured.
BMO Harris Diners Club CCPMU
Portfolio Support Credit Officer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: meeting underwriting goals.
Cons: small desk space for files
Working with the newly acquired Diner's Club Corporate Portfolio Management Unit was learning experience in credit underwriting. I spread financials from publicly held and private companies for annual reviews and newly acquired business. I learned how to read financials and look for signs of credit risks. My co workers where a great team to work with. – more... The hardest part of the job was to collect financials on a timely basis to meet credit review deadlines.I enjoyed the ability to implement ideas for processes and procedures as this was a launch project. I enjoyed the development and application of my credit skill set. – less
flexible wok place
level 1 help desk online banking (Former Employee), brookfield wisconsinSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: specific work time, goes to work on time and off from work on time
Cons: hourly job
learned how manage and satisfy customers with positive attitude
Nice co-workers
Customer Service repetitive (Former Employee), Belleville, ILSeptember 19, 2013
Was fun, lots of changes. teller job is good job not a thouh job just sell there stuff,
Incredible management but limited advancement opportunities.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Crown Point, INAugust 28, 2013
Pros: management, great customers.
Cons: no advancement opportunities.
-Slow bank branch with minimal customer traffic

-Learned the importance of being a self-starter to produce sales.

-Amazing management that trains and equips for sucess.

-Generating sales with low traffic has been the greatest challenge.

-Interacting with customers, and helping them make sense of their finances in a changing world has been the rewarding – more... part of my job. – less
I enjoy BMO Harris and all of my employees.
Service Representative (Current Employee), Surprise, AZAugust 20, 2013
My whole day consists of running transactions,check mail and night drop for deposits. Count our drawers and give customers the best experience and relationship with BMO Harris. The hardest part of the job is un happy customers but I enjoy our sweet customers who I have built great relationships with.
Productive Friendly Environment
Unit Manager/AVP (Former Employee), NapervilleAugust 14, 2013
BMO Harris Bank is a very fast pace customer driven bank. They take their clients need to heart and exceed at providing a great customer experience.
Take the good with the bad.
Service Representative (Former Employee), .July 29, 2013
Pros: good insurance, opportunity to develop sales skills, easy job
Cons: low wages, lots of downtime, poor management, little opportunity for professional advancement despite insistence on promotion from within
There are good and bad things about working for BMO Harris. Unfortunately for me, the bad outweighed the good by leaps and bounds. Much of the day was spent doing things unrelated to my actual job. When we did have work to do it was a competition to see who could scatter the fastest. "Lazy" is probably the best adjective to describe the work environment.

If – more... you don't take the initiative you won't learn much, as is true for most jobs. This was especially true for me because my Service Manager was not interested in training or helping employees be their best. My Service Manager was more interested in surfing the internet and completing personal tasks on work time. My Branch Manger(s) were essentially non-existent and unavailable 95% of the time. Training is done entirely online with ineffective Power Point presentations and quizzes you can take a re-take until you pass.

My job title included the word "service" but service is a truly minimal part of this position. Make no mistake about it; this is a SALES JOB. Your worth is determined by how many customers you can convince to open new accounts, credit cards, loans and meet with the Financial Advisor. Cold-calling, disciplinary action and threats of call nights are punishment for not meeting sales goals. If you're a Service Rep you MUST have a stellar referral/hit record to even be considered for what they see as a promotion. Years of service are irrelevant. Education is irrelevant. Sales is the golden ticket.

What I enjoyed about this job were the health benefits and the opportunity to meet new faces and interact with customers unless the customers were coming in to complain about the ridiculous policies and fees the bank charges. Should you choose to work for BMO Harris, prepare yourself to have to adjust to new policies and products frequently. Prepare yourself to have to explain and defend these changes to customers. Prepare for upset customers on a regular basis. – less
Sad to Leave
Financial Analyst & Accountant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 17, 2013
Great place to work. Employee Orientated. Very friendly co-workers. Supportive Management.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2013
Love helping and Assiting Customers. A very Enjoyable job.
Family Oriented
Teller I (Former Employee), Richfield, MNJuly 11, 2013
Very understanding about family, in the middle of an acquisition with M&I so lot's of unknown answers to quetions which can be upsetting if not aware ahead of time
Great Place to work!
Network Deploy Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2013
Nice people to work with! Always new technology and nice place to learn. I would certainly go back again if opportunity allows. Thanks.
Horrible Management
ex service manager (Former Employee), ILJune 25, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
I started working for Harris Bank back in 2006 as a teller. Within a year I was promoted. After 2 years promoted again and so forth. When I decided to move up again and take the Service Manager position, I had no direction or support from my management team. My Branch Manager never got me going on any type of training even when I asked when could I – more... take classes. Then all of a sudden my herniated disc started to finally bother me, had to get an operation and decided to get it done it Aug 2011. Came back after a month lay off and we hired a new teller that had a learning disability. Because I didn't have him sign the 90 day trial form, they fired me. I was not aware from my Branch manager that I had to do all the paperwork for new hires because normally HR does that. It had slept my mind and they let me go. Then I heard they fired the poor kid not long after that. I have an autistic son that needs therapy and the Insurance I had with the bank helped a lot, but now I have state insurance. – less
recently laid off
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIJune 19, 2013
negative opinion at this time.
my manager/supervisor was great
Not good
Service Rep (Former Employee), FLMay 21, 2013
Cons: poorly trained management, no breaks
Took a small town feel bank and turned it into a Big Bank monster.
Management not trained properly or not at all.
Understaffed, lots of shifts worked with no lunch, no breaks.
Benefits were extremely expensive and didn't cover much.
Promotions were not obtainable unless you knew someone important.
Loved the people improperly managed
Senior Service Representative (Former Employee), Grafton WI>May 18, 2013
Pros: great customers, friendly helpful employees
Cons: location, management, hours
Harris Bank was a nice place to work, until they brought in a service manager however incentive goals are extremely high for this location. The manager was easily misguided, the service manager was extremely rude, unprofessional and harassing.
Excellent staff to work with
Compliance Temp (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 17, 2013
I enjoyed my time at BMO Harris and enjoyed the people I worked with.
Great benefits, unrealistic goals
Service Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMay 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits and hours
Cons: management, unrealistic sales goals
This is a great company to work for but after the merger, they had unrealistic sales goals. They didn't provide the tools we needed to meet the goals that were expected. The benefits and pay were decent. Some managers didn't fulfill their duties making the lower level employees pick up the slack.
Very good company to work for.
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2013
My profession career started with this company and I couldn't be happier with the experience and knowledge I gained.
Professional work environment
Vice President, Senior Equity Trader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 29, 2013
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: banking industry experiencing downsizing
Fast paced environment where independent thinking is encouraged.

About BMO Harris Bank

BMO Bankcorp (formerly Harris Bankcorp) represents the US retail banking operations of Canada's Bank of Montreal. It is the holding – Read more