BMO Harris Bank

BMO Harris Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Well respected company with some awesome coworkers
Service Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2014
A typical day would consist of coming in the morning and if i am opening open the vault door and nightdrop if not just go get my keys and drawer then sign in to computer. On mondays and wednesday i am responsible for making sure to order cash for the branch and on Tuesdays we balance the cash dispensers and fill them with whatever availale cash we have – more... in the branch. Most days when those arent happening its just all assisting customers making deposits, withdrawals, payments, answering questions, and helping bankers when need be.
I have learned to definitely muli-task and how banks operate; everyone doesnt realize there are alot of behind the scenes things besides just the basics you see when you come inside as a customer. I also learned some better customer service skills.
Management at my particular branch is pretty good; they try to work with you in all situations and especially when it comes to family.
I love my coworkers. I have seen quite a few come and go but the ones who are here right now are amazing, we all get along really well and work together as a team and help one another out.
The hardest part of the job is/can be referrals..alot of the customers we have are non customers who just come to cash their payroll checks and some have tried to open accounts and dont qualify and also there is alot of downtime somedays which isnt something i like; i enjoy being stimulated and having something new to learn constantly and having my time occupied correctly especially at my job.
The most enjoyable part is working with people that i get along really well with and also seeing customers that i have seen since i started here and developing a familiarity with them and vice versa. – less
What I learned on the job
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Naperville ILMay 5, 2014
I learned to think as an underwriter and manage a pipeline of 55+ loans.
Professional Environment
Service Rep (Current Employee), Miwlaukee,WIMay 1, 2014
Pros: relaxing and welcoming environment
Cons: part time psotion
I Like Working For BMO Harris Bank. Its A Very Professional Environment And Everyone IS Very Friendly And Welcoming
Long Time Employee
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILApril 30, 2014
I've maintained employment with BMO Harris Bank for 13 years. I've learned a lot and have had the opportunity to bridge relationships with colleagues throughout the bank.
GREAT ENVIRONMENT
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Monona, WIApril 16, 2014
I've learned so much in such a short time working for this company. Its a pleasure coming to work everyday
BMO
Consumer Lending Documentation Specialist II (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 15, 2014
I ENJOY WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY I WISH THERE WAS A SITE IN MEMPHIS TN SO THAT THINGS WOULD BE EASIER FOR ME.
Professional Call Center
Contact Center Personal Banker (Current Employee), Brookfield WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, location, culture
Cons: expensive healthcare, long hours, sales goals
Overall one of the best call centers I have worked for. Great on the job training and leadership. Lots of turnover.
Treasury and Payment Solutions
Treasury & Payment Solutions Coordinator III (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2014
I work with a great group of people and we all have something to learn from each other. Treasury Solutions is a good area to be in as it is continuously expanding and there is great revenue opportunities.
Sales, sales, sales
Universal Banker (Current Employee), WisconsinMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great group of people, good pay and benefits
Cons: very sales oriented, customer service second in line
We had customers actually closing their accounts after banking here their whole life because BMO is too sales oriented.
Very busy but very rewarding.
Senior Banker (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free work out, great healthecare, good 401k
Cons: long comute, not enought time off.
In my role as a Senior Banker at my current employer I'm very proud to help regular customer and business owners to identify areas where might need my expertise in Banking and Finance. I act as an advisor and a friend, guiding through their life events and life changes , making sure that I always look out for their best interest and helping them to – more... make the right decisions. The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that for what I do I get impact peoples life all the time. A typical day at work is usually very busy but you'll never get bored it is always the excitement of not know what is going to be the outcome of the day. – less
Easy job with good benefits
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: laidback environment
Cons: sales goals are nearly unattainable
Typical day: performing customer transactions, assisting with customer complaints.
Worked here for 4 1/2 years with little room for advancement or pay increase.
Great full-time benefits but pay could be better.
The management I work under is very understanding and helpful, the company assisted in my military leave but issues were created when I came – more... home.
HR is disorganized and rarely returns calls.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a relaxed environment. – less
BMO Harris
Service Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I really enjoyed gaining my banking skills from this company. Great balance established between upselling bank products with really getting to know the clientele, and then providing them services based on their needs.
Growing bank in the Wisconsin market with strong financial backing from parent company.
SAMU - Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: well capitalized, benefits, growth potential
Cons: n/a
A large federally regulated bank that wants to grow in the United States. Currently, working in Special Assets working with Commercial Real Estate credits to repatriate/assess the customers financial situation and the ability to be profitable again. I spend my time underwriting/analyzing financial statements and tax returns, and reviewing collateral – more... for the Bank. Management wants the best from its employees and is a proponent of on-going education albeit RMA, bank, or college/university level courses. – less
Productive, one great team, customers first.
Teller (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: pot locks, bonus checks for exceeding goal, product competition with other branches
Cons: some system settings
-For a Typical day at work, we would always have a Starbucks run to start our morning huddles.
-I learned a lot, especially because we were short staffed I have to take a lot of responsibilities, for example; go over check list, ordering cash, receiving and shipping out cash, multitasking by helping customers from the lobby and drive up, organizing – more... paper work, and learning the system faster than others.
-For management I loved it, everyone was treated the same, no one was intimidated because of their work title, we all respected each other but we were always a great team, well organized and always communicating with each other.
-my co-workers were awesome, if I ever needed help they were there to help me, they taught me how to discover customer needs and ways to improve my sales and skills.
- I actually didn't think my job was hard, I'm a fast learner and I seek for help when I do not understand a product or system I loved everything I did.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, I would always call them over to my window and to have a conversation with them to make them feel welcomed, some customers would even wait for me to help them because they would say I already knew how they wanted their transaction to be. I loved my customers. – less
Good Place to work at
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hammond, INFebruary 8, 2014
-Talk to managers and got referrals
-Banking policies and customer service
-Good management
-Friendly and easy to get along with
-Nothing to hard, some long days but over all a good place
-Getting thanked for doing a good job
fun workplace and good benifits
Service Representative (Current Employee), Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Fun place to work. Company culture is great. Company offers ton of benefits. Does have a nice work life balance.
Good company
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 1, 2014
Working for BMO Harris Bank you learn a lot. Although the company recently went thru a conversion they are aware of the changes that need to be made to continue to be a successful organization.
Good company working for a bad manager right now
Service Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good pay and beneifts
Cons: management is not monitored well
The company has a clear plan and communicates well. You need to have the right people in management to make that vision happen though. Customers should come first but it depends on your manager!
Great Company to work for
Processor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: structured, good company to work for
It was a great learning experience, they taught me a great deal of communication to keep an open mind to change and learn as much as you can . My typical day at work to manage the work flow such as pipeline, making time for phone calls to your Mortgage Banker to work as a team. Management was great they gave us tools that we needed to learn more. Co-workers – more... were great diversity was there.
the hardest part of my job was getting laid off. The Most enjoyable part of my job was making my goals and achieving them. – less
Great experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day would consist of handling all cash transactions, deposits, withdraws.
I learned to balance my drawer and create relationships with customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations with the customers.

About BMO Harris Bank

BMO Bankcorp (formerly Harris Bankcorp) represents the US retail banking operations of Canada's Bank of Montreal. It is the holding – Read more