BMO Harris Bank

BMO Harris Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the people i worked with very much and i learned a great deal.
Cons: they couldn't hire me on after the project was concluded.
I had a wonderful expirence working for BMO Harris Bank. They needed help with a very large card transfer for their Wealth Management department. It was a time consuming job that had to be meticulously and accurately exicuted.
Very average. Do your job and go home.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richfield, MNJuly 23, 2014
Cons: no advancement.
High stress level among jobs having sales goals. I am not currently in a sales position but get the feedback from other employees.
Very good work experience. I was able to increase my job skills that proved to be very beneficial for me.
Portfolio Monitoring (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2014
Pros: good learning environment. good benefits.
Cons: may get laid off.
A good professional environment. Very demanding work, especially during report periods. Would still be there if my department had not had a lay-off which affected me.
great workplace
Service Representative II (Teller) (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJuly 14, 2014
good environment, great benefits, and a lot of opportunity.
enjoyed the job
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 9, 2014
co-workers were fun to be around..monthly goal for tell was too much considering the area the branch was located in
great work enviroment
Teller / Service Representative (Former Employee), Crete, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: hour lunch break
Cons: growth advancement is slow
great work enviorment, and management, learned alot about the ins and outs of the banking industry and the process of loans such as mortgages and home equity lines, and learned new tips on cross selling banking products
Great people to work with. People take responsibilities seriously. Opportunity to raise the "results expectations" bar
Online Marketing Mgr & Digital Campaign Mgr (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, IL & Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: opportunities
I found BMO Harris a great place to work. My background experiences, knowledge and ability to be respected and trusted by other stakeholders provided me with endless opportunities to get involved and work on many levels without supervision.

I was repeatedly asked to take on new projects and worked closely with marketing to look for ways to generate – more... additional results. – less
Adjustments/Accounting
Bank Adjuster (Current Employee), Naperville, ILJune 22, 2014
Bank reconciliations-Adjustments errors
Heavy research through branches typing 200 tickets daily.
It's the Canadian way or the highway...
Senior Compliance Officer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 8, 2014
Pros: pretty color of blue covering all decks.
Cons: moving all operations to toronto.
Do not be fooled by the fact that "Harris" is still in the name. This a Canadian Bank with a lot of Canadian Dollars looking to buy up other U.S. Banks because expansion is not possible in... Canada. The culture is in total flux. Great place if you want to stay for 2 years and move on. You will learn a lot and get paid fairly decently. However, you – more... may take a few hits to your integrity but what the heck.

Just go in with your eyes open. This is a Canadian Bank and they allow us to work here.. For now. – less
Contract position
Senior Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2014
I came in to assist during BMO's merger with Harris Bank. It was an extremely difficult time, as management and staff was changing. Thus, I do not feel it would be fair for me to judge them off of that experience.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Monona, WIMay 28, 2014
Pros: lots of perks. jeans days as rewards for production or voluntary ot, catered lunches for special occasions, or sometimes just because.
Cons: took some time to adjust to the large corporate feel of bmo as compared to m&i.
Typical day included inbound customer service calls from clients or prospective clients inquiring about products or asking for service. Directing new account clients to the proper department. Servicing demand deposit accounts, loan accounts, CDs. Researching problem issues and providing follow-up for the clients.

I learned all the fine points of customer – more... service in finance and lending. Also learned the "one and done" approach to customer service - the goal being to get the issue resolved in one call - without the need for follow-up.

Management was approachable and helpful.

Enjoyed my co-workers. A nice friendly bunch of people from diverse backgrounds. Never encountered anyone that was difficult to work with. Formed a number of lasting personal relationships through my association at work. Nice cordial environment.

Hardest part of the job was working with individuals who were angry. Working with finances is a very sensitive area. Often people do not want to accept the reality or responsibility of an overdrawn account, late CD renewal, service charge for a late loan payment, etc. These kinds of situations require tact, patience, and the willingness to go the extra mile to get a satisfactory resolution for the client and the bank.

Most enjoyable part of the job was a successful call where the client got what they needed quickly, accurately, and to their satisfaction. I like customer service and helping people solve their problems is always a rewarding outcome. – less
na
Junior Loan Collector (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 13, 2014
I am very pleased with the postion and I am always learning new things
Company much to large...I prefer smaller companies.
Temporary assignment (Former Employee), Naperville, ILL.May 12, 2014
BMO has at least 2000 + people. I prefer smaller companies. I noticed that the stress at the company was unbelievable! I heard many workers complain about the stresses that they were under. I didn't experience that. However, I did take note.
Well respected company with some awesome coworkers
Service Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 7, 2014
A typical day would consist of coming in the morning and if i am opening open the vault door and nightdrop if not just go get my keys and drawer then sign in to computer. On mondays and wednesday i am responsible for making sure to order cash for the branch and on Tuesdays we balance the cash dispensers and fill them with whatever availale cash we have – more... in the branch. Most days when those arent happening its just all assisting customers making deposits, withdrawals, payments, answering questions, and helping bankers when need be.
I have learned to definitely muli-task and how banks operate; everyone doesnt realize there are alot of behind the scenes things besides just the basics you see when you come inside as a customer. I also learned some better customer service skills.
Management at my particular branch is pretty good; they try to work with you in all situations and especially when it comes to family.
I love my coworkers. I have seen quite a few come and go but the ones who are here right now are amazing, we all get along really well and work together as a team and help one another out.
The hardest part of the job is/can be referrals..alot of the customers we have are non customers who just come to cash their payroll checks and some have tried to open accounts and dont qualify and also there is alot of downtime somedays which isnt something i like; i enjoy being stimulated and having something new to learn constantly and having my time occupied correctly especially at my job.
The most enjoyable part is working with people that i get along really well with and also seeing customers that i have seen since i started here and developing a familiarity with them and vice versa. – less
What I learned on the job
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Naperville ILMay 5, 2014
I learned to think as an underwriter and manage a pipeline of 55+ loans.
Professional Environment
Service Rep (Current Employee), Miwlaukee,WIMay 1, 2014
Pros: relaxing and welcoming environment
Cons: part time psotion
I Like Working For BMO Harris Bank. Its A Very Professional Environment And Everyone IS Very Friendly And Welcoming
Long Time Employee
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILApril 30, 2014
I've maintained employment with BMO Harris Bank for 13 years. I've learned a lot and have had the opportunity to bridge relationships with colleagues throughout the bank.
GREAT ENVIRONMENT
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee), Monona, WIApril 16, 2014
I've learned so much in such a short time working for this company. Its a pleasure coming to work everyday
BMO
Consumer Lending Documentation Specialist II (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 15, 2014
I ENJOY WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY I WISH THERE WAS A SITE IN MEMPHIS TN SO THAT THINGS WOULD BE EASIER FOR ME.
Professional Call Center
Contact Center Personal Banker (Current Employee), Brookfield WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, location, culture
Cons: expensive healthcare, long hours, sales goals
Overall one of the best call centers I have worked for. Great on the job training and leadership. Lots of turnover.

About BMO Harris Bank

BMO Bankcorp (formerly Harris Bankcorp) represents the US retail banking operations of Canada's Bank of Montreal. It is the holding – Read more