BMO Harris Bank

BMO Harris Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional Call Center
Contact Center Personal Banker (Current Employee), Brookfield WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, location, culture
Cons: expensive healthcare, long hours, sales goals
Overall one of the best call centers I have worked for. Great on the job training and leadership. Lots of turnover.
Treasury and Payment Solutions
Treasury & Payment Solutions Coordinator III (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 6, 2014
I work with a great group of people and we all have something to learn from each other. Treasury Solutions is a good area to be in as it is continuously expanding and there is great revenue opportunities.
Sales, sales, sales
Universal Banker (Current Employee), WisconsinMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great group of people, good pay and benefits
Cons: very sales oriented, customer service second in line
We had customers actually closing their accounts after banking here their whole life because BMO is too sales oriented.
Very busy but very rewarding.
Senior Banker (Current Employee), Woodbury, MNMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free work out, great healthecare, good 401k
Cons: long comute, not enought time off.
In my role as a Senior Banker at my current employer I'm very proud to help regular customer and business owners to identify areas where might need my expertise in Banking and Finance. I act as an advisor and a friend, guiding through their life events and life changes , making sure that I always look out for their best interest and helping them to – more... make the right decisions. The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that for what I do I get impact peoples life all the time. A typical day at work is usually very busy but you'll never get bored it is always the excitement of not know what is going to be the outcome of the day. – less
Easy job with good benefits
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: laidback environment
Cons: sales goals are nearly unattainable
Typical day: performing customer transactions, assisting with customer complaints.
Worked here for 4 1/2 years with little room for advancement or pay increase.
Great full-time benefits but pay could be better.
The management I work under is very understanding and helpful, the company assisted in my military leave but issues were created when I came – more... home.
HR is disorganized and rarely returns calls.
Most enjoyable part of the job is having a relaxed environment. – less
BMO Harris
Service Representative (Former Employee), Libertyville, ILFebruary 27, 2014
I really enjoyed gaining my banking skills from this company. Great balance established between upselling bank products with really getting to know the clientele, and then providing them services based on their needs.
Growing bank in the Wisconsin market with strong financial backing from parent company.
SAMU - Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: well capitalized, benefits, growth potential
Cons: n/a
A large federally regulated bank that wants to grow in the United States. Currently, working in Special Assets working with Commercial Real Estate credits to repatriate/assess the customers financial situation and the ability to be profitable again. I spend my time underwriting/analyzing financial statements and tax returns, and reviewing collateral – more... for the Bank. Management wants the best from its employees and is a proponent of on-going education albeit RMA, bank, or college/university level courses. – less
Productive, one great team, customers first.
Teller (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: pot locks, bonus checks for exceeding goal, product competition with other branches
Cons: some system settings
-For a Typical day at work, we would always have a Starbucks run to start our morning huddles.
-I learned a lot, especially because we were short staffed I have to take a lot of responsibilities, for example; go over check list, ordering cash, receiving and shipping out cash, multitasking by helping customers from the lobby and drive up, organizing – more... paper work, and learning the system faster than others.
-For management I loved it, everyone was treated the same, no one was intimidated because of their work title, we all respected each other but we were always a great team, well organized and always communicating with each other.
-my co-workers were awesome, if I ever needed help they were there to help me, they taught me how to discover customer needs and ways to improve my sales and skills.
- I actually didn't think my job was hard, I'm a fast learner and I seek for help when I do not understand a product or system I loved everything I did.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers, I would always call them over to my window and to have a conversation with them to make them feel welcomed, some customers would even wait for me to help them because they would say I already knew how they wanted their transaction to be. I loved my customers. – less
Good Place to work at
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hammond, INFebruary 8, 2014
-Talk to managers and got referrals
-Banking policies and customer service
-Good management
-Friendly and easy to get along with
-Nothing to hard, some long days but over all a good place
-Getting thanked for doing a good job
fun workplace and good benifits
Service Representative (Current Employee), Mount Prospect, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Fun place to work. Company culture is great. Company offers ton of benefits. Does have a nice work life balance.
Good company
BUSINESS OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 1, 2014
Working for BMO Harris Bank you learn a lot. Although the company recently went thru a conversion they are aware of the changes that need to be made to continue to be a successful organization.
Good company working for a bad manager right now
Service Manager (Current Employee), WisconsinJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good pay and beneifts
Cons: management is not monitored well
The company has a clear plan and communicates well. You need to have the right people in management to make that vision happen though. Customers should come first but it depends on your manager!
Great Company to work for
Processor (Former Employee), Naperville, ILJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: structured, good company to work for
It was a great learning experience, they taught me a great deal of communication to keep an open mind to change and learn as much as you can . My typical day at work to manage the work flow such as pipeline, making time for phone calls to your Mortgage Banker to work as a team. Management was great they gave us tools that we needed to learn more. Co-workers – more... were great diversity was there.
the hardest part of my job was getting laid off. The Most enjoyable part of my job was making my goals and achieving them. – less
Great experience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Berwyn, ILJanuary 17, 2014
A typical day would consist of handling all cash transactions, deposits, withdraws.
I learned to balance my drawer and create relationships with customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations with the customers.
decent place to work alot of favoritism
client services (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2014
Hardwork is sometimes overlooked, pay is nice and a great opportunity to learn more about banking. No opportunity for growth as a lot of people currently in management positions have been in those positions over 10 years
Productive and fun work place
Credit Dispute Specialist (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIDecember 16, 2013
A typical day at work was hetic, I learned a lot about the major credit bureaus and the dispute process. This is a temporary position which the only thing I am uncomfortable with about the job.
productive and positive workplace
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2013
Pros: ability to assist customers on a daily basis
• Cashed checks using established risk analysis avoiding return items as much as possible
• Provided and marketed company services, including but not limited to: check cashing, loans, utility and other bill payment transactions, money order sales, wire transfer services, postage stamp sales, and distribution of other financial services
• Performed opening – more... and closing procedures, including but not limited to: preparing bank deposits or re-deposits, investigating and resolving report discrepancies, and verifying money in the cash drawer and safe
• Maintain schedule flexibility to work other centers and shifts as needed – less
Excellent with work/family balance
Adminstrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2013
Pros: free lunch, birthday lunches
Cons: filing
Very relaxed work environment, No hovering to make sure your task are being completed. Eager to assist with any questions or concerns you may have.
Excellent company that values its employees and work environment.
Jr. Risk Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free banking, paid holidays and vacation, 401-k
Cons: high healthcare premium
Pleasant work surroundings with a constant steady work load and pace. The opportunity of learning something new is encouraged and rewarded. When challenges present themselves; resources are made available to remedy the situation. Being able to add value was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Auto claims specialists
Auto Insurance Claims Specialists (Former Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 23, 2013
Pros: insurance benefits, co-workers
Cons: lack of communication, change of the department
I have worked for BMO Harris Bank for the last 11 1/2 years. for Collections, Risk Management and Insurance claims departments.
I am dedicated to providing excellent customer service to my customers internal and external. I multitask effectively and handle a high volume workload. I have to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
Managing the Total – more... loss process to include the handling and processing of the insurance claims for the total losses and vehicle repairs. Following up and tracking the insurance companies to ensure the proper documentation was received before checks were endorsed and vehicle title were sent on specific accounts. – less

1 2 3 4

About BMO Harris Bank

BMO Bankcorp (formerly Harris Bankcorp) represents the US retail banking operations of Canada's Bank of Montreal. It is the holding – Read more