BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews in Canada

PC Deployment
Windows 7 Deployment Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
My typical work day is get in to work every morning at 9am, met with my supervisor to discuss the issues, and what need to triage.
A progressive organization with room for growth
Client Service/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
I will start my day by ensuring our investment Daily Rates were successfully emailed to all brokers registered with BMO and follow-up with any outstanding inquiries from the day before.
Provided clients and advisors/ dealers on existing accounts information and on new purchases of investments in Mutual Funds, Advisor Deposit and Registered Term.
Verification of accurate information on cheques distributed to clients and advisors/ dealers.
Provided professional and accurate account details on four different Lines of Business.
Provided the status on registrations, amendments and transfers of investments.
Provided reasons why BMO Retail transfers of investments were not successful to advisors/ brokers and receiving institutions representatives.
Pros
Enhancement on my communication, organization and prioritization skills
Cons
The commute was too far from home
Very fast pace
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
Every thing is very fast paced and tasks keep coming with short deadlines. Multitasking everyday. Otherwise good place to have experience and work on many technologies.
Pros
Financial experience
Cons
many tasks at one time and some time have to work on weekends.
Solid entry level job. No advancement support.
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Typical Day: 8:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. / fast paced, high pressure, various different tasks.

What I learned: Sales, investments, day to day banking solutions.

Hardest part of the job: Being pulled in various directions.

Most enjoyable part: Solving new and varied client issues everyday.
productive
Credit Risk Management analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
a typical day at work, at time stress can be high, very welcoming job culture, co-workers are really nice. No set schedule therefore if you are finished with your projects, you can relax, go out for coffee or at times even go home early.
Pros
lots of employee interaction
Cons
stress
Productive work environment
BMO Bank of Montreal Financial Group (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
Review, process and adjudicate credit applications. Comprehensive training provided solid foundation for prudent lending practices and knoweldge.
very stressfull
Full-time CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
good place to learn; good benefits; low salary; unpaid long hours; difficult to move up if no connections to the right people even if you have good results; stressful environment
excellent experience
Information Security (CLM) Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Very nice company culture and interesting job.

Got experience in integrating and working with Log Management and Enterprise Security Event Management Systems (ArcSight, Splunk, HPAM), competent to combine event correlation and security analytics to identify threats and manage risk, and to conduct audit/compliance activities
Compliance with nightmare boss
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
High turnover..forced to work when my wife had our child...had to call in for meetings. Was clear the women does not have children and does not care about family obligations...good company and place to work..it.just depends on your manager.
Pros
Smart staff. Good company
Cons
Dont care about family life
Very Good
ATM Sr.QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
Excellent work place to work.Co-workers and working environment is very good.Every body love working in BMO. Manager is very good.
Good company
Area Manager (Specialized Sales) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time with BMO and believe they have a good corporate culture.

I was in specialized sales and worked from home.
Pros
good training
Cons
not alot of support between colleagues to meet specified objectives
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Manager, Accreditation Programs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Many chalenging and interesting projects. Good emphasis on people, performance and reward. Very collaborative. Forward thinking.
Pros
People, coworkers
Cons
Leadership
Bmo
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent work environment, very great people to work with and everyone is always professional at all times. Lots of room for
advancement within the organization
Manager (Project Delivery, PMO) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Good work place. Great opportunity for learning . Challenging projects to work with. Good Benefits. Secured Job. Good job culture. Highly co-operative employers
very Communicative
Eid Prayer Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 15, 2016
it would be a very calming relaxing first few hours. My co-wokers and i would communicate through walkie-talkies and would have to direct traffic to park on vacant parking spots. Hardest part of the job was tracking down customers that left their vehicle unattended in a "Fire-zone".
Cons
boring hours
Good team, friendly people.
QA Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ONFebruary 10, 2016
I love coming into work every day here, and I love the IFL building. Very beautiful and lucky to see it as part of my job every day.
No balance for a social life and managers lack skills with handling employees
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Consider's itself to be customer oriented but it is all about the sales. Also, the manager's have no people skills as they have been there for many years. More transparency when hiring, as I was lied to about the hours I would be working
Pros
wages
Cons
lack of balance
A diverse environment
Senior Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
The environment is fast paced and there are progressively more accountability to management.
Growth within is a challenge.
Overall is good environment
A typical day
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I meet with a diverse group of clientele everyday.I review their information and identify opportunities. After conversation with the client, I get more insight which allows me to provide financial service needs to the client as well as recommend the right solutions for them.
excellent organization
Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 7, 2016
Great Place to work for .great training.good atmosphere.good feedback process.fast competitive environment.team meetings.bmo pulse.