BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was just awful!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, First Canadian PlaceSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: supporting the directors.
Cons: being managed by someone who shouldn't be managing anyone.
Contract job through an agency. Worked in the mergers and acquisitions department. Administrative support to 5 directors and 2 managing directors - they were great. The office manager was nasty, mean and shouldn't have a job managing anyone.

When I was interviewed for the job, I asked questions - what are your expectations of the person knowing their – more... job in full? 6 months just for the basics. 6 days after my poor training, I started to experience the wrath of this person. After a confrontation on the phone with her, I left that day and never returned.

Very poor manager. No one should be treated that way in a job. – less
Fun place to work at
BusinessObjects Project Delivery Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OnAugust 6, 2012
Pros: good pay, company culture etc.
Cons: certain teams have no idea about their direction and like to play the blame game
The company really celebrated Multicultural Values, the work environment is relaxed and fun to be at
Lot's of deals. But beware of the politics
Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2012
Pros: deal flow
Cons: politics
As with all investment banks, you work hard and the environment is a bit cut throat. This causes problems though as politics and not performance drives pay and promotion.
Invaluable experience in terms of learning to be productive and efficient in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Analyst, Equity Derivatives Trading Desk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2012
During my time at the equity derivatives desk, I saw financial products that I had read about in textbooks being actually traded, giving me a practical "real world" perspective of what trading derivatives is like.
Working on a trading floor taught me how to better manage my time and my boss'/clients' expectations and meet stringent deadlines by instilling – more... a strong work ethic in me. A sense of urgency while working helped me successfully complete all my assigned projects and daily tasks.
It was a great learning experience and thoroughly satisfying. – less
OK place to work.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoApril 20, 2012
Pros: free banking, opportunities for women in senior positions
Cons: slow moving
A very closed culture, not very welcoming of changes. Pay on the 75th percentile with average benefits. Promotions still seem to be linked to an old boys/old girls networks.
Mid size nice atmosphere nice people
Desktop Services Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Great group of people to work with everyday. Keeping up with the busy workflow is challenging but enjoyable. Working as part of a great team is the best part of the job.
Exciting and productive
Retail Funding Analyst (Former Employee), West Allis, WIAugust 21, 2014
Pros: flexability with our time
Cons: healthcare
My typical day would be getting my cup of hot chocolate logging on my system and getting my work organized for the day.
I've learned to be patient and turn every negative to positive.
All of my co-workers were great and a great team to work with.
The hardest part of my job was trying to find something to do when it slowed down.
The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was problem resolution. – less
Fast paced work environment
Desktop Publisher / Graphic Design (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2014
There really wasn't a typical day, everyday was different which wasn't a bad thing. It was a very fast-paced environment with different types of projects to work on every day. I learned how to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. I also learned many different types of programs while I was there. My co-workers were wonderful. We all worked – more... great as a team and everyone helped one another. I enjoyed that there was always something new to do every day. It kept work interesting. – less
Excellent support
Collection Specialist / Personal Banker (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIJune 12, 2014
Pros: great support
The work place was a nice and friendly environment. Superiors are really supportive.
Bad Leadership
AML Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay!
The individual who also stated "Bad Leadership" could not have been more CORRECT! Terrible leadership, kissing up gets you to the top, very unprofessional, and management could use a few ethical classes on their own.
I wasn't there long enough to give feedback
Sr, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
I did not work there long enough to provide any feedback. It would be unfair to guess at this point.
Great place to work.
Recruiting Coordinator/ Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Great place to work!
The office culture supports a strong work-life balance.
The office environment is very professional.
Overall, a wonderful experience.
Good Place to work
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 1, 2013
i was doing clean-up projects after they bought M&I Bank, i didn't learn anything new. management and co-workers were good, trying to find work when there wasn't any.
Bad leadership
Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: kissing up gets you everywhere
Very bad leadership. No leadership or training given.
Management is Lack Of Management
It was a very fun place to work at.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2013
I learned a lot of information to help me progress in my career. All of my co-workers were great to work with. My manager was the best she was always there when I needed something.
Indigenous Affairs
Tech Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: money, pr
Cons: cultural sensitivity, management
BMO, though storied, needs significant updating in it's overall corporate etiquette.
Close-knit group
Investment Banking Analyst - Industrials (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2013
A nice blen of industry coverage and financial analysis. Analysts are given a significant amount of responsibility with both coverage pitches and live transactions.
Fun group of people to work with.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2013
Overall, I enjoy working at BMO. I would say there is growth possibility within the company, but compensation can be tricky.
Fun group of people to work with.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Senior Manager II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2012
Worked ith M&I Bank for 25 years before being bought out by BMO the last two years. Very diverse Bank with solid culture and healthy commitment to customers and community.

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos