BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

BMO Bank of Montreal
Financial Services Manager / FSM (Former Employee) –  British Columbia25 November 2017
The job was okay. You'll be dealing with people's money so you better be careful not too lose your cool when they get angry. This job can be really touch if sales is not your thing.
Don't stay too long there
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 November 2017
take the experience. but don'T stay there for more than 2 years. The pay is not good and after a few years it makes a big difference. Management has changed a lot over the last few years. Not necessarily for the best.
Strong team with valuable networking opportunities
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
I worked as a senior risk analyst at BMO in the Global Information and Technology Risk Management team. It was a very teamwork oriented environment with everyone at the top of their game. The role strongly focused on projects that benefit the bank both short term and long term. The Risk Management team was an integral part of the bank's success.
Professional an d friendly people.
Senior Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 November 2017
Very professional team with work/life balance.

The people are really friendly , the group really works as a team for the best approach to get things moving and resolved.

Is also a flexible team if personal matter arises.
I really enjoyed working there.
Great Bank to join
Team Leader - BMO Private Banking (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
It is Great to work at BMO, you can balance your life between work and family.
Great environment, Great experience and Great Bank.

Thanking you all in sharing my opinion.
the review summary goes here
Director, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
the review goes here for the computer that you work for. various opinions are requested such as a typical day at work, your learnings, management style.
Good job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB18 November 2017
This was an enjoyable public job that entailed balancing and dealing with people and their financial needs. As a customer service representative, the day was fast and fun. I really enjoyed this job.
No security after 11 years
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2017
Put in 11 years with this company with not so much as a thank you. Sales targets are outrageous and unattainable. Sets employees up to fail from the start. Trainjng was nothing more than doing transactions and not teaching is to sell effectively. Lots of politics and favouritism from manager and manager-once-removed. Customers can be wonderful. Only pro of job is lifelong friends that were made
Pros
Friendship from some coworkers and clients
Cons
Politics, favouritism, crazy sales targets
I prefer not to answer
Mortgage Renewal Specialist/Specialized Sales (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2017
I prefer not to talk about this employer. I do not feel like this is relevant in any way. I would rather move forward and leave this company behind me
I work in management side, it is okay.
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
Overall it is good to work at BMO. however, salary is not that great. I don't work on call, so i get to enjoy my day after my shift is over. Overall I would say it is a good place to be at.
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
Lots of room for advancement, great opportunities, higher pay grades and benefits. Many chances to grow and learn as the company grows larger. Management is helpful with helping you learn and grow.
Can I skip this review for now?
Spark Developer/Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2017
Normally a typical day at work at Bank of Montreal, Toronto as an Investment Support Specialist consists of; opening accounts, processing clients requests accurately ensuring adherence to all outlined procedures and Service Level Agreements through RPM, fulfilling customer requests in a way that complies with policies and reconciling of mutual funds purchase, redemption and documents mail to the clients as requested.
Good company to work for.
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
Workplace culture is friendly. Lots of learning opportunities. Work Life balance. Current policy of employing off-shore resources is not good for local Canadian workforce..
Cons
Current policy of employing Off-Shore resources.......
great place
Netezza Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
They have strong management team . They were upgrading IT platform in large scale and built huge team in this effort. I worked with BMO as an IBM consultant.
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC6 November 2017
BMO was a relatively nice place to work. I felt the Assistant branch manager did not properly train employees so there was a high turnover rate at my particular branch.
worked as part of the customer service team of the bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2017
typical day:
Provided outstanding customer service, responded to different types of queries;
 Resolved clients’ problems; matched their needs with the best solutions;
 Promoted the Bank’s services.
Great Opportunity
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 November 2017
Great job and group. Wish i could have stayed longer. I got to learn a lot about the industry and many training sessions both through work and offline were offered.
Talent, experience or preparation are not required
Settlements Officer Foreign Exchange (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
Lack of opportunities to grow professionally, poor leadership.
Talent, experience or preparation are not required, however networking replaces all of the above. So if you know someone who works there, you are more than 90% in.
good company
Analyste de Fraude (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
overall good company, a lot of team work and support from colleagues, pretty flexible hours, sales are mandatory depending position, i would recommend.
A typical day at work
Investment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
Usually, a typical day at work at Bank of Montreal, Toronto as a Investment Support Specialist consists of; opening accounts, processing clients requests accurately ensuring adherence to all outlined procedures and Service Level Agreements through RPM, fulfilling customer requests in a way that complies with policies and reconciling of mutual funds purchase, redemption and documents mail to the clients as requested.
Pros
Not too much of a workload
Cons
Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.