BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

A positive work environment with nice people
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
A typical day working with BMO would include checking emails to see the current fraud trends for the past day. We are always learning day to day with how fraudsters change their patterns. The hardest part of my job would have to be explaining to the elderly about their account situation and how fraud possibly ended up on their account. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the bank money by
stopping fraud before it occurs.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Working on holidays due to the department being 24hrs
advancement
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Not many opportunities for advancement depending on which part of the organization you are in, personal relationships are very important to advancing.
alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bmo, and would probably still be there if I had the chance to advance, but I worked in a very small town and there was just no opportunity. Pay isn't great as a csr, but gets better as you move up.
Pros
free banking and special rates
Cons
low starting pay
cash cook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS23 January 2017
fast pace have to love customer service, early shift work or evening or and week ends, tips helps as well. cooking was fun. kind of just do your own work and enjoy your shift
Pros
food discount
Cons
long days
great fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB20 January 2017
In the 4.5 years that I worked for this company, I met many new people. I also learned many new things in the industry as a whole. The culture of the workplace wasn't always that pleasant based on some of the people that worked there, but I was always trying to change that aspect.

The hardest part of the job, was that when you were asked to do something 1 way, you would get told to do it another 2 min later, or they weren't happy with the results even though it was done correctly.

The best part of my job, was that I was able to communicate with so many customers. I had people that only wanted to deal with me because I always accomplished what they needed without any hesitation or problems.
Pros
free banking, and employee pricing on loans, etc...
Cons
wasn't a happy atmosphere
Strong employee collaboration
Sales Manager- Mortgage Specialists (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Well run organization, opportunities available to meet your career goals. Equal opportunity employer, advancement based on your performance.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Timing of change
Learning so many things
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Learned so many things, people are helpful and knowledgeable

People work so hard

So many out sources which is not good for Canadian people

Manged people on shore and off shore

Timing is issue with India
Pros
close to my place
Cons
so many works to do
Great work place to work for
Deskside Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
-Shown up on time, Prepared for constant meeting.
-Learn new technologies.
-Great management and easy to deal with and understanding.
-Excellent co-workers were able to share knowledge.
-Misunderstanding.
-To work with great company and able to provide my knowledge.
ok
Directeur Services Financiers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2016
axée sur les résultats et approche avec le client peu humaine
Bmo
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Great culture, but being a large organization, really need to rely on a sponsor or networking to land a position. Benefits are similar to other banks, but nothing compared to other industries, like automotive.
Professional place for work
Financial Services Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Productive & customer oriented work place. Day to day & open to public dealings, severe communications, selling and look after the financial needs of the people in a proactive way.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Interest based
Great team
SECURITY GUARD/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2016
I love working for BMO Financial Group. I learned many great things. I love the management team and all employees are so friendly.
Pros
Love it
Cons
Great Team
great place
Commercial/Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
great environment to work with and very positive collaegues and great managers who support you and want the best for you and your career development.
Overall I a good place to work
Investigative and Security Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloor st west29 November 2016
Overall BMO is a good place to work and recommend anyone to work. Bad apples are everywhere but there are a lot of good apples as well.

Learned a lot with colleagues and good leaders,
Bad leaders who thinks they own the bank and leading according their own instincts give bad image of the company.
Pros
Benefits and colleagues
Cons
Egoistic leaders
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
a typical day at work, lots of printing, photocopying and inputing data into the excel spread sheet. Opening new accounts for clients.
filings documents .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
7.5 hours
Great place to work!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as well as the opportunities given and experience gained. Great teammates and a great place to grow and begin a career.
Productive and Efficient work environment
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
-Great company to work for
-Welcoming and collaborative environment
-Results oriented
-Challenging
-Great team work
-customer focused
-Enjoyable
-Educational
A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.