BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2016
BMO used to be a great place to work, but recently they've made cut backs and they have affected customers and staff that work in the branch, i don't believe a lot of customers are happy with Bmo but it would be to much of a hassle to move everything out !

There is Lots of pressure at work and management is the worst, definitely re think applying, a majority of staff that work there are looking to leave cause Bmo just doesn't seem to care about there own staff ! They just buy them, and then tell customers they retired

If you have a family with young children this is not a job for you especially if you are a single parent, you will work weekends and late evening if you are in branch.
Pros
Start early leave early, banking discounts
Cons
There is never overtime, if your owed time it's hard for them to compensate you for it.
Get to knpw what are customers needs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 July 2016
I enjoy working with people as I like to talk to them and understand their day to day banking needs. I always like to help people.
Developed me into who I am today
Senior resource within the Premier Support team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
BMO ranks very high on best employers to work for in Canada, and I can certainly understand why.
In my role I was given the reign to be self sufficient, and flourish in my field. Team ethic is high, and it enabled me to learn from others and network with many.
The company believes in self improvement, and allowed for secondments and educational courses, which I have certainly taken advantage of.
Pros
no silos, colleagues, environment
Cons
a lot of services outsourced to 3rd party
Good place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 June 2016
Good place to work.
Learned a lot from BMO.
Have very nice people to work with.
The environment is perfect. matured structure
would never work there again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 June 2016
My first day I was put on as a csr. After 1 hour my manager left me alone. I did have an awesome manager for the first 2 months but then he was transferred. My new boss new nothing about my job. He couldn't help me with any transactions as he didn't even know what windows to go into on the computer. He would never leave his office to come help me either or help any of the other csrs. I found all BMO cared about was up selling stuff to customers. Management didn't care at all about how long the lines got or how long they were standing in line. They were just concerned that we up sell to them. I had planned to stay with BMO till I retired but now I wouldn't recommend that bank to anyone. It's sad that they boast about great customer service but in reality they don't at all.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
No concern for customers
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Great leadership and experience. One of the best teams to work with in my career. Culture was positive and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this company to individuals looking to start a career at a financial institution.
Pros
Felxible management
Cons
Limited systems for analysis
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant/Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC18 June 2016
Great management. High demanding and high pressure working enviroment. Can learn a lot from work. Process and procedure are quite out dated.
I was lucky to work in a nice team
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2016
Flexible time to start and leave work.
Typical day at work: reading/answer emails, short meetings in the morning, start testing in laboratory, open/close/retest issue or create test cases, sending updates at the end of the day.
sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BC9 June 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
micromanagment
Everyday Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2016
If your on a call and lets say your assisting a senior citizen and they don't remember their passwords yet you secure their identity via other methods provided by BMO and the call ends up taking longer than 2 min that are required than why are their manager hovering over your shoulder to ask whats taking so long? if thats the case why not create an easier secure validation system that can make things easier for clients like seniors who eventually get frustrated trying to answer questions regarding their last 3 transactions.
Pros
good training program
Cons
no consecutive days off, micromanaged enviornment that doesn't allow reps to perform or be creative, very weak upper management, poorly run company from top to bottom
Fast Pace Call Center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
A normal day consist of me taking at least 77 calls mitigating risk on each and every call. Making payment plans with customers to bring their account up to date such as mastercards, lines of credit and mortgages as well as vehicle loans. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help out a customer going through a hard time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client who is constantly swearing at you and wont give you a chance to talk.
Pros
Great shift, My colleagues
Cons
Low Salary
Fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 June 2016
I had never worked as an executive receptionist before however it was fun and allowed me to work on my time management skills and organizational skills. It was fun, and the environment was warm and friendly, which made me feel very welcome.
It was just ok.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
I worked there as an intern for 6 months and didn't learn much due to the fact that I was assigned to a financial advisor who had no interest in having an intern.

My typical day included doing marketing research for the advisor and doing data entry for the branch administrator.

The best part of the job was getting to know my fellow interns and learning a little about the financial services industry.

The hardest part was wanting to learn more but not getting the proper guidance from those in charge.
just not at branches
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON31 May 2016
Call Centre is a great place to work but not branches.
Branches has no customer services; it is all about sales sales sales.
You can be the least ethical person but still get promoted if you somehow get the sale
Fun Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Invermere, BC30 May 2016
Great place to work. Fun, exciting with great ability to progress within the company. Would highly recommended BMO for a place of employment.
Nope.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 May 2016
I wouldn't ever work for them again selling credit cards. The supervisor was two faces and the pay was horrible. They'll fire you asap if you don't meet their quota
Great Work Environment
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2016
Perks:
Summer hours - you get to get off 2 hours early
Vacation hours - 3 weeks paid vacation
Everyone really friendly -close knit group
Early hours 7am -3pm - get off early lots of free time
All about data
Sr BA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 May 2016
Great company to work for: stress free (not used to this), calm, yet productive and very professional. I guess it all comes down to your manager, I personally had happiest contract in years.
Thank you very much for that.
Competitive workspace, cooperative colleagues
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2016
Love working for BMO, they have great salary structure and incentive pay for performance is lucrative.
This is essentially a dignified sales job but financial knowledge is eminent for success. It is also imperative to have self discipline to excel and out perform.
Great team
Client Relationship Management Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2016
Great team and good culture at the Toronto office. Management was available for discussions and were very supportive of the employees.