BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,148 reviews matching the search
Overview
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 August 2017
The atmosphere is pleasant with collaborative colleagues. Management is approachable. Work-life balance is standard, but fairly flexible. The culture is average, but there has been growth in this area recognizing the need for mutual support and recognition.
Pros
BMO employee discounts
Cons
Not a lot of push for growth
Decent role to get started in operations
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2017
Repetitive processing but you can get involved in process improvement projects once you get the hang of the day to day tasks. Operations allows you to learn a lot about the "behind the scenes" process and can lead to more advanced roles in the back office opportunities in the front office with valuable process experience.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management isn't the most transparent
Good starting salary and awesome recruitment staff.
Customer Service Representative Part time (Former Employee) –  Canmore, AB2 August 2017
Schedule is not that early and not too late to finish. I have learned that a big company such as this cannot offer quality training. Management needs proper leadership skills and work place etiquette. There are many times that there are arguments between my boss and the client. Entry level positions needs to be valued some more in actions, not just words on job offer and virtual classrooms. Workplace culture is quite intense in the branch that I have worked.
Pros
The best part of the job is giving treats to client's pets. There are also occasional free food, tshirts and team dinner.
Cons
Vacation leave request issues, breaks are mostly not observed, you were asked to sell products and services that you were not trained well.
Good Management
Corporate Audit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 August 2017
enjoyed working for BMO very much, management was insightful, helpful and wanted the best for both company and employee. my fellow employees were a complete to joy to work with day in day out.
Pros
management
best employer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2017
love it, great management and senior leadership, direction of the company is promising, and great work life balance, dealing with customers in different economical situations and finding solutions
a great place for study and play
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2017
BMO was the place where we experimenting on security software and the company was allowing the developer to experiments in the legacy based applications to increase baseline security
It's how the financial industry is now...
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2017
The financial industry has changed so much over the past couple of years. It's all about doing more with less people and leaving staff are always slow to be replaced (if at all)
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 July 2017
Excellent place to work if you are interested in the finance industry, lots of opportunity for advancement and employs good people. Well compensated. Interesting.
Productive, good environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
It's all depends upon the project you work for. If the Project manager is cooperative and friendly, that is all making big difference. It also depends on how well we adapt ourselves to the culture and how we perform at work place is matters most
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not found any
Good environment to work at from gordonbaker
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 July 2017
They gradually let go of the full time staff and hired contractors for the service desk :(. Which is sad because it was an amazing company to work for. Managers and supervisors were always great and very supportive.
Pros
great work environment and good benefits.
Cons
gradually let go of service desk and hired contractors.
Great employer with many opportunities for growth
Financial services manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 July 2017
I have loved my career with BMO and love working with people . The rapport built with clients over the years is gratifying . BMO is a good company to work for .
loved working at bmo
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2017
Great place to work great bank. Warm environment. Friendly staff. Work and life balance. Career advancement and more . Great benefits. I recommend to anyone looking to work for a financial institution
Great place to work!
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 July 2017
I have worked at BMO for 3 years and I am very happy! Management is always willing to help and coach. I have had several positions in the past 3 years at several different branches and the culture is the same at each branch.
Terrible company to work for
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC27 July 2017
Sales based job with tonnes of pressure to hit targets.
Weird corporate mentality with bizarre fake positive attitudes. Everyone smokes and is miserable.
Terribly unhappy customers because it's a terrible bank (among the big banks). Hilariously exuberant hidden fees cause this.
You have to deal with those almost always irate customers. You have the "support" of your Branch Manager. A person who will tell you to "check policy" or give you a hard time for working your face off.

I would rather work at McDonalds than for this company; I advise you do the same.
Pros
I don't work there anymore.
Cons
Every other aspect.
Fun, Enjoyable, meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2017
Always on your toes and constantly moving, never a boring day. Other than receiving a stubborn customers which is rare if you know how to do your job.
Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2017
-Excellent learning experience to delve into the financial sector, sales, and develop knowledge on how financial institutions operate.
-Great opportunity to learn about mortgages, investments vehicles (mutual funds, GICs, etc.)
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Understaffed branches
diversity
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
very good company, just need better management and keep the good workers instead of favouratism. too many turnover staff and
too many call back due to new staff making too many mistake and lied to customers to get a sale
Can not do any sales on call back as customer no longer trust or believe you.
Teams that care
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Great team of people to work with. Team I worked with made coming to work enjoyable. Forming lasting relationships with individuals is easy to do and the family environment was great. I have great memories from my time at BMO.
Management Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
BMO is a good company to work for they are great benefits. the hardest part of my job is working on multiple projects at the same time without the assists form my manager.
its a great place to work
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2017
mangement in my branch is great , but I've worked at other branchs,- and there managers are not so great, really on the person, you are and how you handle things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.