BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2016
BMO used to be a great place to work, but recently they've made cut backs and they have affected customers and staff that work in the branch, i don't believe a lot of customers are happy with Bmo but it would be to much of a hassle to move everything out !

There is Lots of pressure at work and management is the worst, definitely re think applying, a majority of staff that work there are looking to leave cause Bmo just doesn't seem to care about there own staff ! They just buy them, and then tell customers they retired

If you have a family with young children this is not a job for you especially if you are a single parent, you will work weekends and late evening if you are in branch.
Pros
Start early leave early, banking discounts
Cons
There is never overtime, if your owed time it's hard for them to compensate you for it.
A positive work environment with nice people
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
A typical day working with BMO would include checking emails to see the current fraud trends for the past day. We are always learning day to day with how fraudsters change their patterns. The hardest part of my job would have to be explaining to the elderly about their account situation and how fraud possibly ended up on their account. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the bank money by
stopping fraud before it occurs.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Working on holidays due to the department being 24hrs
great place
Commercial/Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
great environment to work with and very positive collaegues and great managers who support you and want the best for you and your career development.
would never work there again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 June 2016
My first day I was put on as a csr. After 1 hour my manager left me alone. I did have an awesome manager for the first 2 months but then he was transferred. My new boss new nothing about my job. He couldn't help me with any transactions as he didn't even know what windows to go into on the computer. He would never leave his office to come help me either or help any of the other csrs. I found all BMO cared about was up selling stuff to customers. Management didn't care at all about how long the lines got or how long they were standing in line. They were just concerned that we up sell to them. I had planned to stay with BMO till I retired but now I wouldn't recommend that bank to anyone. It's sad that they boast about great customer service but in reality they don't at all.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
No concern for customers
Overall good place to work
Lending Specialist/Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
NO issues with BMO. just looking to advance my career within the AML field. Currently working at the Contact Centre in Mississuga, the job itself as a lending specialist I've learned alot. Looking to take the next step forward.
No room for advancement and not a happy place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2016
Advancement is out of the question unless you personally know the person hiring.
Salary is a joke for what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Benefits are the only good thing at this place.
Been there 7 years and one day went in and they gave me walking papers.
No warning whatsoever. I thought I was gong to retire from there.
My sales were over the top. They don't care about anyone.
We all feel like just numbers.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Productive, Friendly, and fan environment
IT Asset Management Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
• Developed and implemented procedures for tracking BMO assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
• Ensured HPAM (HP Asset Management) databases were maintained via day-to-day operations as well as work on continuous improvements and transition
• Used Asset Management (HPAM) to create, track, modify, and manage asset records
• Updated information asset inventory register and performed bulk updates for BMO assets
Pros
n/a
Great place to work!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as well as the opportunities given and experience gained. Great teammates and a great place to grow and begin a career.
micromanagment
Everyday Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2016
If your on a call and lets say your assisting a senior citizen and they don't remember their passwords yet you secure their identity via other methods provided by BMO and the call ends up taking longer than 2 min that are required than why are their manager hovering over your shoulder to ask whats taking so long? if thats the case why not create an easier secure validation system that can make things easier for clients like seniors who eventually get frustrated trying to answer questions regarding their last 3 transactions.
Pros
good training program
Cons
no consecutive days off, micromanaged enviornment that doesn't allow reps to perform or be creative, very weak upper management, poorly run company from top to bottom
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Working for BMO is like being at home. I loved how BMOs values are not centralized to a customer/company relationship, but rather a relationship you can fee comfortable with.

My typical day consisted of establishing a relationship with our clients by giving them the tools and services BMO offers to manage their money. I took pride as a customer service representative (bank teller) because it made me enjoy interacting with every day people in the area.

My coworkers were easy to get along with and a great team.
Pros
interpersonal relationship with people, more than just a 'bank'
Cons
slow to advance, too focused on selling MasterCards
alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bmo, and would probably still be there if I had the chance to advance, but I worked in a very small town and there was just no opportunity. Pay isn't great as a csr, but gets better as you move up.
Pros
free banking and special rates
Cons
low starting pay
people focus
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Organization with a Stellar reputation. truly walks the walk when it comes to 'helping' customers. as a culture BMO is customer centric, and this trickles down every level of the organization. Management is people focussed, it has a good culture and drive individuals to perform better and rewards in line with performance.
You'll learn a lot competitive environment
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Great environment a lot to learn, challenges supportive management.
we strive to provide exceptional customer service everything revolve around this
fun and productive environment
Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
● Getting real life experience by helping students at Georgian College.
● Answering a variety of questions by phone, email and in person regarding:
● Printer and computer troubleshooting(Macs, and windows computers) passwords, accessing the databases from off campus, registering new materials, and placing holds on specific items.
● Helped users with printers, copiers, scanners and video preview equipment
friendly, neat and professional atmosphere
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 February 2017
Very nice bank to work for friendly and professional atmosphere. Worked there for a contract of 3 months and very much appreciated it.

Pros
very nice and friendly directors and managers
Cons
work starts at 7-30 in the morning a bit early
Productive work place, excellent team.
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2016
Fast paced work environment and challenging at times
I have build great customer base and knowledge of banking and how to meet clients needs by being attentive. I have learned the skill of listening and asking the appropriate questions. How to handle conflict efficiently. I have learned to manage peers and I have help build a team that works collaboratively together to exceed excellent customer service.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to help all the clients in the same day due to branch operating hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients meet their financial goals and helping the branch succeed in their revenue targets. The interaction with people of all social races is exciting and fulfilling.
Pros
Engaging with clients and peers.
Cons
Could be very stressful at times.
productive and a fun environment
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I was mostly busy filing, I also did data entries.(excel, etc)
Everyone was very respectful even though i was the youngest there. I felt very happy in that environment and felt that i was important to the organization.
It took a long time to reach there. But it was the experience at BMO which really matters to me.
The hardest part of my job was that i had to learn a lot of different programs in order to do my work.
Motivation is the most important thing! that helped me to keep enjoying what i did at BMO.
Pros
free snacks
Fast Pace Call Center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
A normal day consist of me taking at least 77 calls mitigating risk on each and every call. Making payment plans with customers to bring their account up to date such as mastercards, lines of credit and mortgages as well as vehicle loans. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help out a customer going through a hard time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client who is constantly swearing at you and wont give you a chance to talk.
Pros
Great shift, My colleagues
Cons
Low Salary
cash cook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS23 January 2017
fast pace have to love customer service, early shift work or evening or and week ends, tips helps as well. cooking was fun. kind of just do your own work and enjoy your shift
Pros
food discount
Cons
long days
Learning so many things
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Learned so many things, people are helpful and knowledgeable

People work so hard

So many out sources which is not good for Canadian people

Manged people on shore and off shore

Timing is issue with India
Pros
close to my place
Cons
so many works to do

70%