BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

financial
Commercial & Agriculture Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, ON30 September 2017
most employees hatted their jobs and it showed. No cultural practices
and no one cared. I was shocked to see this. Management did not know what they were doing
Pros
no pros
Cons
un educated managers
Great working place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 September 2017
- Routine day with administrative tasks, customer interactions.
- I learned a lot about finances.
- Management was up and down, lots of changes.
- The culture changes with time from customer oriented to more pressure sales.
- The hardest was the shift from Customer Service focus to sales.
- Enjoyed the part where I was helping the clientele.
Pros
Great learning experience, great benifits
Cons
Too much pressure sales oriented.
BMO Financial Group is a progressive and productive bank to work
Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2017
BMO Financial Group promotes a strong customer focused approach to maintaining long term client relationships. The employees and workplace culture make working at BMO the most enjoyable atmosphere.
Worked for Nesbitt Burns before it was BMO Nesbitt Burns
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
Worked during Y2K data migration. There seemed to be a clear delineation at the time between BMO and Nesbitt Burns. I'm sure things have changed a tonne since I was there.
Excellent work place to gain exposure to range of technologies
Business Analyst /PM Coordinator/QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
Had an opportunity to closely work with talented peers, and gain exposure to new processes and range of technologies. challenging yet enjoyable workplace with great mentors/coaches.
A good place to grow as far as you are fast and know your surroundings.
Senior Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 September 2017
A good place to grow as far as you are fast and know your surroundings. Work for yourself and reap the gains. You meet the targets you are the hero and if you don't than be ready for conversations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2017
Wonderful staff, everyone all seems to get along and helps each other out. It's always so nice being able to help customers out when they are in need.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Busy
Good workplace
Third Party Administration / Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Offered a work/life balance. Great place to work over all. My manager was great and always helping us develop. I was able to have flexible work hours.
Soild company to work for/
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 September 2017
BMO is a solid company to work for. I enjoyed my employment with BMO. The benefits and salary were competitive with other financial institutions. I would recommend BMO as a place of employment.
Pros
Good medical benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Not always flexibile
Very productive, respective and friendly
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Excellent place to work and fun.
Freedom in decision making, multiple technologies used within a single team.
Excellent culture and people, no pressure.
Sales environment
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Pushed to sell products that customers did not want, very sales orientated and not customer orientated, written up for not meeting targets or SLA everytime
Good employer for the financially driven
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
I started working here because it offered a lot of learning and stability. As the years went on I realized that my personal values were no longer matching the corporate values and I decided to change careers. For a person looking to further their career in finance and is very sales driven, this would be a great place for you to grow.
Finance, Banking, Marketing, International Business
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A great place to work, however, there is no job security. Manage is amazing; kind, helpful, and passionate about their work. A lot of professionals working here, but some people can act immature.
Pros
Benefits, Education, Advancement
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
Loved working at BMO
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
I would recommend working at BMO for anyone looking for stability. Also, BMO gave me opportunity for growth and success. There was also excellent flexibility options which helped as being a mom and full time employee!
Productive & Wonderful team
Software & ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Typical day starts with a scrum meeting where developer or qa assignments are given. Tasks many involve creating SSIS solution packages for ETL processes, or creating ad-hoc scripts in preparation or actual support of product releases or deployments to Production environment.
BMO is good
Senior Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
BMO is a good employer to work for. People help each other and can discuss issues with your manager without fear. BMO encourages skill development by training and lunch & learn.
customer service orientated
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
busy, fast paced environment, learn every day something new about clients, products and bank views , great management , helpful, encouraging workplace. hardest part of the job busy days , enjoyable part of the job - meeting your sales and making clients happy
Great work environment
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Bank of Montreal is a great place to work.
BMO is committed to helping improve the quality of life in the communities where we live and work. Our desire to make a contribution is deep-rooted, dating back to our first hospital donation in 1835.
Wonderful Canadian Bank
Team Lead, Global Product Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
BMO is a great Canadian Bank. They provide opportunities to move around the organization. Upper management doesn't really act on concerns of the folks doing the day to day work.
Lame
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2017
The staff that was in charge of the event was very cold and rude. They showed no emotion. That customers that came in we very nice, but I'm sure that's because they wanted to get the free stuff!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.