BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad Leadership
AML Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: low pay!
The individual who also stated "Bad Leadership" could not have been more CORRECT! Terrible leadership, kissing up gets you to the top, very unprofessional, and management could use a few ethical classes on their own.
I wasn't there long enough to give feedback
Sr, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
I did not work there long enough to provide any feedback. It would be unfair to guess at this point.
Great place to work.
Recruiting Coordinator/ Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Great place to work!
The office culture supports a strong work-life balance.
The office environment is very professional.
Overall, a wonderful experience.
Good Place to work
Service Representative III (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 1, 2013
i was doing clean-up projects after they bought M&I Bank, i didn't learn anything new. management and co-workers were good, trying to find work when there wasn't any.
Bad leadership
Team Lead (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2013
Pros: no pros.
Cons: kissing up gets you everywhere
Very bad leadership. No leadership or training given.
Management is Lack Of Management
It was a very fun place to work at.
SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2013
I learned a lot of information to help me progress in my career. All of my co-workers were great to work with. My manager was the best she was always there when I needed something.
Indigenous Affairs
Tech Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 30, 2013
Pros: money, pr
Cons: cultural sensitivity, management
BMO, though storied, needs significant updating in it's overall corporate etiquette.
Close-knit group
Investment Banking Analyst - Industrials (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2013
A nice blen of industry coverage and financial analysis. Analysts are given a significant amount of responsibility with both coverage pitches and live transactions.
Fun group of people to work with.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2013
Overall, I enjoy working at BMO. I would say there is growth possibility within the company, but compensation can be tricky.
Fun group of people to work with.
Good company to work for with good benefits
Senior Manager II (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2012
Worked ith M&I Bank for 25 years before being bought out by BMO the last two years. Very diverse Bank with solid culture and healthy commitment to customers and community.
Good workenviorment
Investment Banking Summer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Good place to work, good culture, friendly, etc. Hard hours, as is all investment banks
The work place is productive but now that we are no longer M & I Bank, there have been numerous changes.
Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: employee satisfaction is no longer valuable to bmo
A Typical day at work is ok, we call and talk to multiple people about their accounts, and sometimes leave messages for them to call back. I learned this job when it was formely M & I Bank, now BMO Financil Group. Now that we are a new name there have been a lot of changes with in the last year which caused a damp in all my co-workers lives. The hardest – more... part of my job as of today is wondering how long will we all actually have jobs. It scares me to wonder every day because I have never been faced with this type of situation.
The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and communicating with my fellow co-workers, and also communicating to my customers on a daily basis. There is no flexibilty anymore no matter what situation comes about, management doesnt show appreciation to their employees like before, nor they don't sponser any activities anymore. They barely provide soap and normal things for the break room. We always runing out of things like, suger, coffee, paper plates, soap and napkins. BMO has great values and prospectives for their customers but not for their employess. – less
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), United StatesAugust 7, 2012
Loved working here, it was a great place to work. They provided me with a chance to expand my knowledge base and also offered a healthy work/life balance.

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos