BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent management
QA/DB Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
The hardest part of job is to follow deadlines and changes in projects.
All end-to-end
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
Great co-workers. We're all work towards a goal and fun working with people.
Great place to work!
Consultant/ Project.Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2013
Excellent corporate workplace, ethics and overall a professional setting to achieve your personal goals
Challenging and Productive
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto,ONFebruary 21, 2013
Very productive and challenging position. Never a dull moment. Good Team of co-workers.

April 4, 2013

Position is very demanding, need to have complete knowledge of BMO products and process

Financial Customer service (Temp)
Financial Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: selling of interset rates
Cons: temp job
Calling clients with Morgages and line of credit to offer them better rates on there loans.
Excellent working evironment
Analyst, Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2012
Worked as part of the IT team upgrading CRM software for the investment bank.
Serving the public
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
Pros: meeting new people. teamwork.
Cons: salary
Typical work day was when there was 20 customers waiting in line and I would have the joy of serving them.Working with management and co-workers was enjoyable.
It was just awful!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, First Canadian PlaceSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: supporting the directors.
Cons: being managed by someone who shouldn't be managing anyone.
Contract job through an agency. Worked in the mergers and acquisitions department. Administrative support to 5 directors and 2 managing directors - they were great. The office manager was nasty, mean and shouldn't have a job managing anyone.

When I was interviewed for the job, I asked questions - what are your expectations of the person knowing their job in full? 6 months just for the basics. 6 days after my poor training, I started to experience the wrath of this person. After a confrontation on the phone with her, I left that day and never returned.

Very poor manager. No one should be treated that way in a job.
Fun place to work at
BusinessObjects Project Delivery Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OnAugust 6, 2012
Pros: good pay, company culture etc.
Cons: certain teams have no idea about their direction and like to play the blame game
The company really celebrated Multicultural Values, the work environment is relaxed and fun to be at
Lot's of deals. But beware of the politics
Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2012
Pros: deal flow
Cons: politics
As with all investment banks, you work hard and the environment is a bit cut throat. This causes problems though as politics and not performance drives pay and promotion.
Invaluable experience in terms of learning to be productive and efficient in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Analyst, Equity Derivatives Trading Desk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2012
During my time at the equity derivatives desk, I saw financial products that I had read about in textbooks being actually traded, giving me a practical "real world" perspective of what trading derivatives is like.
Working on a trading floor taught me how to better manage my time and my boss'/clients' expectations and meet stringent deadlines by instilling a strong work ethic in me. A sense of urgency while working helped me successfully complete all my assigned projects and daily tasks.
It was a great learning experience and thoroughly satisfying.
OK place to work.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee), TorontoApril 20, 2012
Pros: free banking, opportunities for women in senior positions
Cons: slow moving
A very closed culture, not very welcoming of changes. Pay on the 75th percentile with average benefits. Promotions still seem to be linked to an old boys/old girls networks.

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos