BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Great company and ample resources to expand your knowledge
QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
- BMO has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time" and the workload is pretty consistent.
- BMO has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress but through strong leadership and a clear mission, BMO has been an amazing place to work.
- The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied.
- I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
- The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators.
Highly functional company with solid management.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Very committed teams that work very long work days. High dedication to the work and to their team. Teams are all self-sufficient with minimal management required. Sense of community is strong.
people focus
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Organization with a Stellar reputation. truly walks the walk when it comes to 'helping' customers. as a culture BMO is customer centric, and this trickles down every level of the organization. Management is people focussed, it has a good culture and drive individuals to perform better and rewards in line with performance.
Productive, Friendly, and fan environment
IT Asset Management Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
• Developed and implemented procedures for tracking BMO assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
• Ensured HPAM (HP Asset Management) databases were maintained via day-to-day operations as well as work on continuous improvements and transition
• Used Asset Management (HPAM) to create, track, modify, and manage asset records
• Updated information asset inventory register and performed bulk updates for BMO assets
Pros
n/a
Cons
Micro managed environment where the majority of employees feel squeezed
Fraud Containment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Micro managed environment where the majority of employees feel squeezed.

Promotions are so rare they invented a thing called a lattice. Where you should think about making lateral job movements as oppose to climbing up the ladder.
Pros
I get 4 weeks vacation
Cons
very hard to grow
Worst place I ever worked at.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 16, 2016
The job write up sounds like you'd actually be analyzing something when in fact it's a glorified call center. Run like a slave shop where people don't matter. You're only in number.
Management can get away with anything they want including giving you your walking papers, they just call it not meeting the expectations of the job but they don't tell you specifically where you went wrong. You have to excel at everything or be close friends with management. They need a union badly to stop the unfairness. Unless you're desperate pass on this. BMO might be good in other departments but not this one.
Then they have coaching sessions that leave you feeling like you're a piece of dirt when it's done and you can get these weekly. Definitely not worth any money they would want to pay.
Pros
Benefits and people I worked with.
Cons
Unfair treatment, unjust firings, harassment, bullying in the workplace, pretty much everything.
Great Place
Branch Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Good managers. Decent benefits. Good technology and selection of securities.

Fine advisors, integrity and caring as well as planning is top notch.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Back office is weak
No room for advancement and not a happy place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 14, 2016
Advancement is out of the question unless you personally know the person hiring.
Salary is a joke for what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Benefits are the only good thing at this place.
Been there 7 years and one day went in and they gave me walking papers.
No warning whatsoever. I thought I was gong to retire from there.
My sales were over the top. They don't care about anyone.
We all feel like just numbers.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Coop changed my life
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 8, 2016
Having a Co-op Term at BMO was very beneficial to my growth as a person and as a worker. I learned many things about how to be a good team player and how to communicate with different demographics of people. The management were great as were the employees. Overall I enjoyed the experience.
it's for the money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 8, 2016
BMO is a good place to get your feet wet in finance if that's what you want. for job advancement its about who you know. sales are a big part in getting ahead.
Pros
a lot of free things, great emplyee events, the pay isnt bad either
Cons
very hard to get a shift that works with your life, managment doesnt want to change it even they know they can.
Professional
Site HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
Everyone I worked with was very friendly, enjoyed working with them. Love working for my current Boss, by far the most reasonable person to work with
PC Deployment
Windows 7 Deployment Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 7, 2016
My typical work day is get in to work every morning at 9am, met with my supervisor to discuss the issues, and what need to triage.
A progressive organization with room for growth
Client Service/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
I will start my day by ensuring our investment Daily Rates were successfully emailed to all brokers registered with BMO and follow-up with any outstanding inquiries from the day before.
Provided clients and advisors/ dealers on existing accounts information and on new purchases of investments in Mutual Funds, Advisor Deposit and Registered Term.
Verification of accurate information on cheques distributed to clients and advisors/ dealers.
Provided professional and accurate account details on four different Lines of Business.
Provided the status on registrations, amendments and transfers of investments.
Provided reasons why BMO Retail transfers of investments were not successful to advisors/ brokers and receiving institutions representatives.
Pros
Enhancement on my communication, organization and prioritization skills
Cons
The commute was too far from home
Very fast pace
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 22, 2016
Every thing is very fast paced and tasks keep coming with short deadlines. Multitasking everyday. Otherwise good place to have experience and work on many technologies.
Pros
Financial experience
Cons
many tasks at one time and some time have to work on weekends.
Solid entry level job. No advancement support.
Financial Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 22, 2016
Typical Day: 8:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. / fast paced, high pressure, various different tasks.

What I learned: Sales, investments, day to day banking solutions.

Hardest part of the job: Being pulled in various directions.

Most enjoyable part: Solving new and varied client issues everyday.
productive
Credit Risk Management analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
a typical day at work, at time stress can be high, very welcoming job culture, co-workers are really nice. No set schedule therefore if you are finished with your projects, you can relax, go out for coffee or at times even go home early.
Pros
lots of employee interaction
Cons
stress
Productive work environment
BMO Bank of Montreal Financial Group (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 18, 2016
Review, process and adjudicate credit applications. Comprehensive training provided solid foundation for prudent lending practices and knoweldge.
very stressfull
Full-time CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
good place to learn; good benefits; low salary; unpaid long hours; difficult to move up if no connections to the right people even if you have good results; stressful environment
excellent experience
Information Security (CLM) Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Very nice company culture and interesting job.

Got experience in integrating and working with Log Management and Enterprise Security Event Management Systems (ArcSight, Splunk, HPAM), competent to combine event correlation and security analytics to identify threats and manage risk, and to conduct audit/compliance activities
Compliance with nightmare boss
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2016
High turnover..forced to work when my wife had our child...had to call in for meetings. Was clear the women does not have children and does not care about family obligations...good company and place to work..it.just depends on your manager.
Pros
Smart staff. Good company
Cons
Dont care about family life