BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Unique and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC9 September 2016
This was a job where everyone who approached my wicket had a different request, some small some large. This combine with the joy of customer service made the days zip by. The challenging and creative problem solving that had to be applied on a daily basis were great for keeping the mental stimuli there and of course balancing at the end of the day and having those numbers match up was always a great pat on the back
fulfilling and a great learning experience at all levels
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
Working at BMO has a productive, exciting, diverse and fun experience in many aspects. The teams I was part of were exceptionally enjoyable to work with.
Pros
excellent education and technical environment with possibilities to learn, contribute and be challenged
Cons
Hard to pinpoint any downside
You'll learn a lot competitive environment
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Great environment a lot to learn, challenges supportive management.
we strive to provide exceptional customer service everything revolve around this
positive and outgoing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2016
Worked at the Bank of Montreal since 1997 scheduling was focused around family and babysitting, very satisfied with the work schedule time goes by fast regarding fast paced envirorment courses you can take to work your way up the ladder for example become a manager
Pros
perferred rate on mastercard recieve airmiles for doing banking
Cons
breaks could be longer
Professional place for work
Financial Services Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Productive & customer oriented work place. Day to day & open to public dealings, severe communications, selling and look after the financial needs of the people in a proactive way.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Interest based
Learning so many things
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Learned so many things, people are helpful and knowledgeable

People work so hard

So many out sources which is not good for Canadian people

Manged people on shore and off shore

Timing is issue with India
Pros
close to my place
Cons
so many works to do
Productive and Efficient work environment
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
-Great company to work for
-Welcoming and collaborative environment
-Results oriented
-Challenging
-Great team work
-customer focused
-Enjoyable
-Educational
Disgusting work politics, horrible management, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2015
Pros: Medical & dental benefits, discounts at a variety of other organizations

Cons: Worst. Management. Ever. Manager talks about each employee behind their backs. Promotions given to those he 'really likes' if you know what I mean. Manager is rarely in branch, asks employees to do his work without giving a pay raise or promotion. Was told about how much 'advancement' there is when in reality unless you wear a short dress to work every day, don't expect anything. Overall just a horrible experience in pretty much every way.
Developed me into who I am today
Senior resource within the Premier Support team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
BMO ranks very high on best employers to work for in Canada, and I can certainly understand why.
In my role I was given the reign to be self sufficient, and flourish in my field. Team ethic is high, and it enabled me to learn from others and network with many.
The company believes in self improvement, and allowed for secondments and educational courses, which I have certainly taken advantage of.
Pros
no silos, colleagues, environment
Cons
a lot of services outsourced to 3rd party
Manager hassles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON7 November 2016
I loved my job but I got harassesed by the manager daily. I think managers have to be chosen more carefully and that they should know of the consequences should there be workplace harassment
Productive, fun workplace, nice benefits
Loan Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2016
I have worked with BMO Financial Group for less than a year now and I really enjoy it. The people are great and its a very productive atmosphere. Loan collections can be hard sometimes when having to deal with certain individuals but overall the drive to achieve gets me through the day.
Pros
Free lunches, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Proxy Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2015
I was an active member in the implementation of bluecoat proxy throughout BMO replacing ISA.Main challenges were to transform all the rules created in ISA to be migrated to bluecoat and make them work properly according to the Work orders.Several times pressure arrived during the migration period due to error in the proxy rules being implemented in Bluecoat according to proxy.lots of calls emails and tickets were raised by end users for not being able to access several important sites which were available from ISA but not after bluecoat proxy.Resolving all those issues handling customer complain,getting hold of the customer,taking live packet capturing from customers pc while problem arrived for sites being not accessible.These data were needed for troubleshooting.It was indeed a great experience for me to learn about both ISA and bluecoat proxy's.
office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
a typical day at work, lots of printing, photocopying and inputing data into the excel spread sheet. Opening new accounts for clients.
filings documents .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
7.5 hours
Un-organized
High Risk Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2016
I was able to learn how to work in a new environment while meeting many individuals. However the organization lacked a lot of organization. They're internal systems require a lot of updates. Great learning experience from a young professional stand-point.
Pros
2 weeks paid for christmas, flexibility with employment
Cons
Un-organized, old systems, not very friendly atmosphere
work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
It temporary position help with phone call, greeting clients,other task.I enjoyed working there with friendly co-workers. learned to manage time and leaned to multi task.
Pros
nice friendly environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 October 2016
BMO Bank of Montreal is a great company to work for. I have had great managers in my years at BMO. I am currently on maternity leave, and I am looking to start something new.
Processing Clerk
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC, Canada17 May 2015
Typical day was processing mail from various banks. Learned how to type faster, to build team skills, to build efficiency skills, and to reconcile inconsistent data. Management was wonderful and supportive. Co-workers were friendly, approachable and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was the dust and developing an allergy to dust and continually paper-cuts. Most enjoyable part of the job was sorting, data entry and helping the team to finish on time.
Pros
RRSP benefits with health and dental, working with a team; work part-time
Cons
Job position no longer exists and has been transferred elsewhere
really low salaries, incentives very poor (less then 1%yrly)
collections (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, mcc5 December 2013
repetitive
unrealistic metric targets
Poor incentives
non commission
less then 1% yearly increases
sick days but not allowed to use them (yes they call you to come in after you call in sick)
pay docked for not clocking in on time but hey take your time leaving
"btw your review is due in 5 days but use up your lunch to complete it."
"Surprise, we are changing your job description and youll have a heck of a time advancing now"
"Sorry guys i know we promised but; Pay freezes"
"im sorry we filled the position but your welcome to find it posted externally under contract thru an agency"
Pros
great benefits, company shares for those who get paid well
Cons
low salaries, hard to advance, lack of good management
Best co-workers to work with
Représentative Service à la clientèle (RSC) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 March 2015
My typical day at work is different everyday, as I have different tasks to do early morning. I would do all my task earliest possible, therefore I can put my full focus on serving the clients with all the time they need. Serving clients is the number one priority of my job. I do my best to make the client satisfied with all of their banking needs, and also I would propose products and solutions based on what they want.

The co-workers are extremely friendly, banking becomes a competitive as their are objectives to meet. However, in my branch we all get along really well. We offer help to solve a client's problem. Coach each other on how we can perform better and gain better results.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
salary
Work
Financial Associate (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Not micromanaging too much which is good. Great people to work with. Flexible range of hours to work (can come early or later). Work is not very hard in my opinion.