BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

productive
Credit Risk Management analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
a typical day at work, at time stress can be high, very welcoming job culture, co-workers are really nice. No set schedule therefore if you are finished with your projects, you can relax, go out for coffee or at times even go home early.
Pros
lots of employee interaction
Cons
stress
Unique and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BCSeptember 9, 2016
This was a job where everyone who approached my wicket had a different request, some small some large. This combine with the joy of customer service made the days zip by. The challenging and creative problem solving that had to be applied on a daily basis were great for keeping the mental stimuli there and of course balancing at the end of the day and having those numbers match up was always a great pat on the back
Fast Pace Call Center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2016
A normal day consist of me taking at least 77 calls mitigating risk on each and every call. Making payment plans with customers to bring their account up to date such as mastercards, lines of credit and mortgages as well as vehicle loans. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help out a customer going through a hard time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client who is constantly swearing at you and wont give you a chance to talk.
Pros
Great shift, My colleagues
Cons
Low Salary
A progressive organization with room for growth
Client Service/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
I will start my day by ensuring our investment Daily Rates were successfully emailed to all brokers registered with BMO and follow-up with any outstanding inquiries from the day before.
Provided clients and advisors/ dealers on existing accounts information and on new purchases of investments in Mutual Funds, Advisor Deposit and Registered Term.
Verification of accurate information on cheques distributed to clients and advisors/ dealers.
Provided professional and accurate account details on four different Lines of Business.
Provided the status on registrations, amendments and transfers of investments.
Provided reasons why BMO Retail transfers of investments were not successful to advisors/ brokers and receiving institutions representatives.
Pros
Enhancement on my communication, organization and prioritization skills
Cons
The commute was too far from home
Customer Service with security
Garda Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
- Access Control
- Customer Service
- Normal Patrols
- Writing Reports
- Alarm Testing

Working at the BMO as a GardaWorld Security Officer is great. You get tons of experience in the corporate security aspect. You get to deal with a lot of incidents such as, medical emergencies, access control rejects, patrols, alarms, etc. The hardest part of this job are the 7 day straight work schedule, it could be either day shifts or nights. But you get use to it and it becomes easy after. Best part about working at BMO is that you are always working with a partner so time goes by fast and it is always team work.
Pros
Management is great & you always work with a partner
Cons
Long hours with less pay
Great company and ample resources to expand your knowledge
QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
- BMO has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time" and the workload is pretty consistent.
- BMO has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress but through strong leadership and a clear mission, BMO has been an amazing place to work.
- The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied.
- I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
- The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators.
It was just ok.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
I worked there as an intern for 6 months and didn't learn much due to the fact that I was assigned to a financial advisor who had no interest in having an intern.

My typical day included doing marketing research for the advisor and doing data entry for the branch administrator.

The best part of the job was getting to know my fellow interns and learning a little about the financial services industry.

The hardest part was wanting to learn more but not getting the proper guidance from those in charge.
Different environments in one big corporation
Manager Operations & Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
I had the opportunity to work in two different divisions of BMO and I enjoyed very much one more than the other.
While in one division the environment was friendly, equal for all employees and fair, in the other division it was a competitive environment, with not much opportunity to progress
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Competitive greedy people
positive and outgoing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONAugust 31, 2016
Worked at the Bank of Montreal since 1997 scheduling was focused around family and babysitting, very satisfied with the work schedule time goes by fast regarding fast paced envirorment courses you can take to work your way up the ladder for example become a manager
Pros
perferred rate on mastercard recieve airmiles for doing banking
Cons
breaks could be longer
sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BCJune 9, 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
Un-organized
High Risk Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2016
I was able to learn how to work in a new environment while meeting many individuals. However the organization lacked a lot of organization. They're internal systems require a lot of updates. Great learning experience from a young professional stand-point.
Pros
2 weeks paid for christmas, flexibility with employment
Cons
Un-organized, old systems, not very friendly atmosphere
Disgusting work politics, horrible management, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Medical & dental benefits, discounts at a variety of other organizations

Cons: Worst. Management. Ever. Manager talks about each employee behind their backs. Promotions given to those he 'really likes' if you know what I mean. Manager is rarely in branch, asks employees to do his work without giving a pay raise or promotion. Was told about how much 'advancement' there is when in reality unless you wear a short dress to work every day, don't expect anything. Overall just a horrible experience in pretty much every way.
Productive, fun workplace, nice benefits
Loan Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 20, 2016
I have worked with BMO Financial Group for less than a year now and I really enjoy it. The people are great and its a very productive atmosphere. Loan collections can be hard sometimes when having to deal with certain individuals but overall the drive to achieve gets me through the day.
Pros
Free lunches, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
fulfilling and a great learning experience at all levels
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Working at BMO has a productive, exciting, diverse and fun experience in many aspects. The teams I was part of were exceptionally enjoyable to work with.
Pros
excellent education and technical environment with possibilities to learn, contribute and be challenged
Cons
Hard to pinpoint any downside
Productive, Friendly, and fan environment
IT Asset Management Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
• Developed and implemented procedures for tracking BMO assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
• Ensured HPAM (HP Asset Management) databases were maintained via day-to-day operations as well as work on continuous improvements and transition
• Used Asset Management (HPAM) to create, track, modify, and manage asset records
• Updated information asset inventory register and performed bulk updates for BMO assets
Pros
n/a
Good people
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, ABSeptember 20, 2016
Great people to work with. management can be a different story. Some issues with disability accommodation, so they seem to do poorly with that. The staff are all great people at every branch I have worked at.
Pros
Free training, easy to advance your career
Cons
poor accommodation for disabled, poorly staffed branches
No room for advancement and not a happy place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 14, 2016
Advancement is out of the question unless you personally know the person hiring.
Salary is a joke for what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Benefits are the only good thing at this place.
Been there 7 years and one day went in and they gave me walking papers.
No warning whatsoever. I thought I was gong to retire from there.
My sales were over the top. They don't care about anyone.
We all feel like just numbers.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Bmo
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent work environment, very great people to work with and everyone is always professional at all times. Lots of room for
advancement within the organization
good environement
Représentante Service à la clientèle Senior (Current Employee) –  Décarie, QCJuly 22, 2016
its a small/big family, everyone enjoys working as a team to make banking better and easier. Working at the bank of monreal helped me realize who I really am and what am really capable of. Helping client make their life simpler is an achievement at the end of the day.
Good company
Area Manager (Specialized Sales) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time with BMO and believe they have a good corporate culture.

I was in specialized sales and worked from home.
Pros
good training
Cons
not alot of support between colleagues to meet specified objectives