BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast-paced and fun place to work
Online Planning and Strategy Manager, eChannel (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
Great company, great benefits and people. Great work-life balance. Ideal place to start or grow your career. I have always been encouraged to learn and advance my personal growth. Great support system if you ask for it. Strong Canadian institution.
It was just ok.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
I worked there as an intern for 6 months and didn't learn much due to the fact that I was assigned to a financial advisor who had no interest in having an intern.

My typical day included doing marketing research for the advisor and doing data entry for the branch administrator.

The best part of the job was getting to know my fellow interns and learning a little about the financial services industry.

The hardest part was wanting to learn more but not getting the proper guidance from those in charge.
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Proxy Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
I was an active member in the implementation of bluecoat proxy throughout BMO replacing ISA.Main challenges were to transform all the rules created in ISA to be migrated to bluecoat and make them work properly according to the Work orders.Several times pressure arrived during the migration period due to error in the proxy rules being implemented in Bluecoat according to proxy.lots of calls emails and tickets were raised by end users for not being able to access several important sites which were available from ISA but not after bluecoat proxy.Resolving all those issues handling customer complain,getting hold of the customer,taking live packet capturing from customers pc while problem arrived for sites being not accessible.These data were needed for troubleshooting.It was indeed a great experience for me to learn about both ISA and bluecoat proxy's.
sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BCJune 9, 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
Productive, Friendly, and fan environment
IT Asset Management Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
• Developed and implemented procedures for tracking BMO assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
• Ensured HPAM (HP Asset Management) databases were maintained via day-to-day operations as well as work on continuous improvements and transition
• Used Asset Management (HPAM) to create, track, modify, and manage asset records
• Updated information asset inventory register and performed bulk updates for BMO assets
Pros
n/a
Cons
No room for advancement and not a happy place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 14, 2016
Advancement is out of the question unless you personally know the person hiring.
Salary is a joke for what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Benefits are the only good thing at this place.
Been there 7 years and one day went in and they gave me walking papers.
No warning whatsoever. I thought I was gong to retire from there.
My sales were over the top. They don't care about anyone.
We all feel like just numbers.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
A challenging, busy work place, that provides the oppourtunity to feel that you have accomplished something each and everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2016
As a long term associate with BMO, I have stayed in my current role as my greatest pleasure is with the interaction I get to have with my customers each and everyday.

With my tenure and history with BMO, I am frequently called upon to provide guidence and support to many of the staff and management with in my branch. It is a source of satisfaction to know that my knowledge is a valuable assest to the workplace. l
Quality work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2015
Supportive management and genuinely committed coworkers at small local branch. Great range of benefits and customer perks.
Best co-workers to work with
Représentative Service à la clientèle (RSC) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2015
My typical day at work is different everyday, as I have different tasks to do early morning. I would do all my task earliest possible, therefore I can put my full focus on serving the clients with all the time they need. Serving clients is the number one priority of my job. I do my best to make the client satisfied with all of their banking needs, and also I would propose products and solutions based on what they want.

The co-workers are extremely friendly, banking becomes a competitive as their are objectives to meet. However, in my branch we all get along really well. We offer help to solve a client's problem. Coach each other on how we can perform better and gain better results.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
salary
Un-organized
High Risk Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJuly 15, 2016
I was able to learn how to work in a new environment while meeting many individuals. However the organization lacked a lot of organization. They're internal systems require a lot of updates. Great learning experience from a young professional stand-point.
Pros
2 weeks paid for christmas, flexibility with employment
Cons
Un-organized, old systems, not very friendly atmosphere
Customer Service with security
Garda Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
- Access Control
- Customer Service
- Normal Patrols
- Writing Reports
- Alarm Testing

Working at the BMO as a GardaWorld Security Officer is great. You get tons of experience in the corporate security aspect. You get to deal with a lot of incidents such as, medical emergencies, access control rejects, patrols, alarms, etc. The hardest part of this job are the 7 day straight work schedule, it could be either day shifts or nights. But you get use to it and it becomes easy after. Best part about working at BMO is that you are always working with a partner so time goes by fast and it is always team work.
Pros
Management is great & you always work with a partner
Cons
Long hours with less pay
productive
Credit Risk Management analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
a typical day at work, at time stress can be high, very welcoming job culture, co-workers are really nice. No set schedule therefore if you are finished with your projects, you can relax, go out for coffee or at times even go home early.
Pros
lots of employee interaction
Cons
stress
Different environments in one big corporation
Manager Operations & Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
I had the opportunity to work in two different divisions of BMO and I enjoyed very much one more than the other.
While in one division the environment was friendly, equal for all employees and fair, in the other division it was a competitive environment, with not much opportunity to progress
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Competitive greedy people
Micro managed environment where the majority of employees feel squeezed
Fraud Containment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Micro managed environment where the majority of employees feel squeezed.

Promotions are so rare they invented a thing called a lattice. Where you should think about making lateral job movements as oppose to climbing up the ladder.
Pros
I get 4 weeks vacation
Cons
very hard to grow
Competitive workspace, cooperative colleagues
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Love working for BMO, they have great salary structure and incentive pay for performance is lucrative.
This is essentially a dignified sales job but financial knowledge is eminent for success. It is also imperative to have self discipline to excel and out perform.
It was a good working experience, lots to learn
Project coordinator - IT project (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 5, 2016
It was a excellent company to work with. Everyday was a new learning experience. Staff was cooperative.One of the oldest banks in Canada established in 1871, provides a wide range of financial products and services, to retain banking, investments, and also to small businesses and larger corporations. Corporate responsibility is focuses on environmental sustainability and also the well being of various community groups through volunteering efforts and donations. 7 million accounts for the amount of Canadian customers they have and provide great customer service.
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Great leadership and experience. One of the best teams to work with in my career. Culture was positive and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this company to individuals looking to start a career at a financial institution.
Pros
Felxible management
Cons
Limited systems for analysis
people focus
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Organization with a Stellar reputation. truly walks the walk when it comes to 'helping' customers. as a culture BMO is customer centric, and this trickles down every level of the organization. Management is people focussed, it has a good culture and drive individuals to perform better and rewards in line with performance.
Bmo
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent work environment, very great people to work with and everyone is always professional at all times. Lots of room for
advancement within the organization
it's for the money
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 8, 2016
BMO is a good place to get your feet wet in finance if that's what you want. for job advancement its about who you know. sales are a big part in getting ahead.
Pros
a lot of free things, great emplyee events, the pay isnt bad either
Cons
very hard to get a shift that works with your life, managment doesnt want to change it even they know they can.