BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
It's how the financial industry is now...
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2017
The financial industry has changed so much over the past couple of years. It's all about doing more with less people and leaving staff are always slow to be replaced (if at all)
Travail sous pression
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2017
J'ai occupee plusieurs postes caissiere,chef caissiere,directrice adjointe service a la clientele,centre de pret automobile,administration succursale.
Pros
Beaucoup avancement
Good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 July 2017
Excellent place to work if you are interested in the finance industry, lots of opportunity for advancement and employs good people. Well compensated. Interesting.
Productive, good environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 July 2017
It's all depends upon the project you work for. If the Project manager is cooperative and friendly, that is all making big difference. It also depends on how well we adapt ourselves to the culture and how we perform at work place is matters most
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not found any
Good environment to work at from gordonbaker
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 July 2017
They gradually let go of the full time staff and hired contractors for the service desk :(. Which is sad because it was an amazing company to work for. Managers and supervisors were always great and very supportive.
Pros
great work environment and good benefits.
Cons
gradually let go of service desk and hired contractors.
Great employer with many opportunities for growth
Financial services manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 July 2017
I have loved my career with BMO and love working with people . The rapport built with clients over the years is gratifying . BMO is a good company to work for .
loved working at bmo
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2017
Great place to work great bank. Warm environment. Friendly staff. Work and life balance. Career advancement and more . Great benefits. I recommend to anyone looking to work for a financial institution
Great place to work!
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 July 2017
I have worked at BMO for 3 years and I am very happy! Management is always willing to help and coach. I have had several positions in the past 3 years at several different branches and the culture is the same at each branch.
Belle expérience
Représentant service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC28 July 2017
Belle expérience de travail. Très grande apprentissage au sein de l'entreprise !
Pros
Rabais sur les programmes bancaires et autres !
Cons
Horaire
Terrible company to work for
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC27 July 2017
Sales based job with tonnes of pressure to hit targets.
Weird corporate mentality with bizarre fake positive attitudes. Everyone smokes and is miserable.
Terribly unhappy customers because it's a terrible bank (among the big banks). Hilariously exuberant hidden fees cause this.
You have to deal with those almost always irate customers. You have the "support" of your Branch Manager. A person who will tell you to "check policy" or give you a hard time for working your face off.

I would rather work at McDonalds than for this company; I advise you do the same.
Pros
I don't work there anymore.
Cons
Every other aspect.
Fun, Enjoyable, meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 July 2017
Always on your toes and constantly moving, never a boring day. Other than receiving a stubborn customers which is rare if you know how to do your job.
Great Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 July 2017
-Excellent learning experience to delve into the financial sector, sales, and develop knowledge on how financial institutions operate.
-Great opportunity to learn about mortgages, investments vehicles (mutual funds, GICs, etc.)
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Understaffed branches
Représentante Auxiliaire pour Mastercard
Agente Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
Je travaille en tant que représentante auxiliaire pour la carte Mastercard. Nous somme un département de processus directe dont toute les demandes que nous recevons sont complétés en un seul traitement. Demande de changement dadresse, fermeture de compte, augmentation/ diminution de limite de crédit, transfert de virement bancaire ou hypothécaire. Dernièrement, jai appris à faire les paiements hypothécaires, de marge de crédit et tout ce qui est relié au domaine bancaire vue que je travaille dans le domaine du crédit depuis environ 10 ans. Un des aspects les plus difficiles sont les délais qui nous sont parfois attribués et un des meilleurs aspect et le fait que j apprend tout les jours. Je ne travaille pas directement avec les clients tout ce fait via les demandes en ligne, les demandes envoyés via la poste ou via intranet par les succursales.
Pros
Situer au centre-ville, horaire du lundi au vendredi
Cons
pas de salle de détente munit dordinateurs
diversity
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
very good company, just need better management and keep the good workers instead of favouratism. too many turnover staff and
too many call back due to new staff making too many mistake and lied to customers to get a sale
Can not do any sales on call back as customer no longer trust or believe you.
Teams that care
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Great team of people to work with. Team I worked with made coming to work enjoyable. Forming lasting relationships with individuals is easy to do and the family environment was great. I have great memories from my time at BMO.
Management Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2017
BMO is a good company to work for they are great benefits. the hardest part of my job is working on multiple projects at the same time without the assists form my manager.
its a great place to work
Financial Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2017
mangement in my branch is great , but I've worked at other branchs,- and there managers are not so great, really on the person, you are and how you handle things.
a lot of works, very good infrastructures for risk analysis
Senior Analyst/Research Analyst/Project leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto14 July 2017
managers are very proffesional, all the tools are provided for analytics work. People are cooperating. have a lot change to advance high position. People are friend towards, each others.
Pros
having all the tools necessary for work, manager are experts
Cons
no cons
Good
SCSR Investment Funds (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Was not there for long. Had a strong training module for new employees. Wish I could have stayed their longer. Was happy with my colleagues and management.
Good first job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
I had a good experience working there as a CSR. There was limited growth opportunities that was provided to me which caused me to look for other opportunities.
Pros
Great work environment. Great people at the branch level. Fun.
Cons
Low growth opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.