BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management, stressful not recommended, pay salary low
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours with no pay for overtime, very stressful enviroment at all levels of bmo
Bmo has proven to be a company which only cares about their bottom line in revenue.
Do not care for about how their decisions will affect their staff of many loyal years and their livlihoods.
Would not recommend anyone to work for Bmo as the company expect lots of overtime for no pay, very stressful enviroment. Bank deserve a union to step in to protect – more... the rights of the staff of Bmo.
As far as customer service their business decisions will definitely affect the clients as they pay more service charges,have less staff to serve the clients. – less
micro management is the word!
FSM (Former Employee), Edmonton ABSeptember 23, 2013
Cons: extended hours, micro-management, horrible morale as everyone is fearful of keeping their jobs
revenue, revenue, revenue! that is all that matters to the management (senior level and at branch level).
I used to pride myself on my customer service skills, however you have to report everyday (sometimes 3x/day) how many outbound calls made, how many appts booked, how many sales booked/appt. etc........
Great place to work if you are a shark or an – more... aspiring "used car salesman" – less
Employee Benefits are attractive
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
It's challenging to get a promotion as they prefer to hire external candidates unless you are able to network your way up.
Excellent work environment
Derivatives Trader / Options Market Maker (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 15, 2013
Excellent work environment,

Lots of opportunity for growth
Great Company to work for
Investment Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2013
Great company that tries to develop it's people and foster their personal growth
Productive and fun place to work. Employees are Kind and understanding and helpful
INTERNSHIP-Service delivery (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2013
I am working on updating the Configuration Management Database, ensuring configuration items are accurate and updated. These records are used as input for Service Level Agreement Documents that contribute to defining a great customer service.
My conworkers are fun to work with and very helpful. The hardest part of the Job is the repetitive aspect, which – more... is also quite fun because with repetition comes expertise. – less
Edmonton now healing
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 8, 2013
Pros: not many customers at my branch
Cons: lousy morale. no sr leadership vision
Our boss says that things should improve in edmonton as they got rid of the VP and that things should be better now with no VP. Im not sure but maybe as in 3 years here i never seen or met the vp anyways! Manager says at least no more intimidation, yelling and lack of support for Fsm's and CSRs, for being the worst in the country.

We work hard but – more... are always criticized for being the worst bank, lousy productive, and it is tough to work every day for an organization where the president to the vp to the Pbm to the manager and staff are ALWAYS critical and negative that all we do is not as good as TD OR ROYAL OR SCOTIA and its OUR fault for being so lousy.

The culture we hear at every meeting is: BMO is worst bank on many measures and its the staffs fault as we are lazy, stupid and dragging the bank down????

Everyone at our branch is set to quit or look at unionizing so that we can be treated Better! I don't want to work here anymore and don't recommend you do either! – less
FSR (Former Employee), Toronto, First Canadian Place, B1
SFSR - CAA, PCGPO (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: coordinators were much educated, knowlegable and helpful than manager
Cons: please find better quality manager for some of your caa department
Manager was not Loyal at all to the Company or to the employees .. All the time Manager was out for smoking and always lying all the time..That person really dose not deserve to be a Manager.
Average
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
This company has very good training program, which will prepare you for your future advancement.
Productive and Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), North YorkJune 5, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: n/a
Job duties included, busy switchboard, faxes, couriers, admin

support & office errands.
Poor company culture/ Poor management
Financial Services (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 2, 2013
Good salary and benefits.
Poor company culture does not foster a good working environment.
Unsupportive management.
excellent management
QA/DB Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
The hardest part of job is to follow deadlines and changes in projects.
All end-to-end
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
Great co-workers. We're all work towards a goal and fun working with people.
Great place to work!
Consultant/ Project.Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2013
Excellent corporate workplace, ethics and overall a professional setting to achieve your personal goals
Challenging and Productive
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto,ONFebruary 21, 2013
Very productive and challenging position. Never a dull moment. Good Team of co-workers.

April 4, 2013

Position is very demanding, need to have complete knowledge of BMO products and process

Financial Customer service (Temp)
Financial Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2012
Pros: selling of interset rates
Cons: temp job
Calling clients with Morgages and line of credit to offer them better rates on there loans.
Excellent working evironment
Analyst, Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2012
Worked as part of the IT team upgrading CRM software for the investment bank.
Serving the public
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2012
Pros: meeting new people. teamwork.
Cons: salary
Typical work day was when there was 20 customers waiting in line and I would have the joy of serving them.Working with management and co-workers was enjoyable.
It was just awful!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, First Canadian PlaceSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: supporting the directors.
Cons: being managed by someone who shouldn't be managing anyone.
Contract job through an agency. Worked in the mergers and acquisitions department. Administrative support to 5 directors and 2 managing directors - they were great. The office manager was nasty, mean and shouldn't have a job managing anyone.

When I was interviewed for the job, I asked questions - what are your expectations of the person knowing their – more... job in full? 6 months just for the basics. 6 days after my poor training, I started to experience the wrath of this person. After a confrontation on the phone with her, I left that day and never returned.

Very poor manager. No one should be treated that way in a job. – less
Fun place to work at
BusinessObjects Project Delivery Support (Former Employee), Toronto, OnAugust 6, 2012
Pros: good pay, company culture etc.
Cons: certain teams have no idea about their direction and like to play the blame game
The company really celebrated Multicultural Values, the work environment is relaxed and fun to be at

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos