BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work life balance
Technical Specialist Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2015
Good work life balance for a Bank. Life is easy if you know the stuff you are doing. No job security however. Co-workers are very helpful though and other teams are very supportive
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
CIBC was a great experience for me. Customer centric and staff oriented. Work life balance is key to the success of the organization
hardworking, productive, time sensitive
Analyst (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 28, 2015
BMO Capital Markets is a very time sensitive atmosphere. There is a high stress on accuracy and efficiency. Back office operations based.
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Currently employed here. Do not want to review.
Looking for challenge from different workplace. Great people and great training.
Fun, productive place to work with great people.
Premier Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea and drinks.
Cons: long hours on some days
Each day is different with all sorts of issues coming up that we haven' t faced before, my favorite part of the job.
I try and learn something new everyday.
Management is very relaxed as long as the job gets done and clients are happy.
Work with some of the smartest people I know.
Hard part is dealing with frustrated users but it's part of the job and you have to be ready to deal with different people and situations and adapt.
Love coming in to work everyday. It's an very professional and creative place to work at in the middle of busy downtown.
Good company
Program Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Large organization, nice work culture, structured and organized. A reputable company to work within. Would recommend to work there.
Best job I have had so far
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), 4100 Gordon Baker Rd in ScarboroughFebruary 3, 2015
I've learned AD ,dealing with customer's on a daily basis,the most enjoyable part was working with a great manager, and great team of desktop analyst.
Life at BMO
Project Application Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
A great company to work for; enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly people. A positive work environment and many opportunities to grow and excel.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Collaborative and welcoming Financial Institution. Dedicated and professional employees. A great place to work.
Terrible Place To Work
CSR (Former Employee), MeadowvaleJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits start from day one of your training
Cons: infinite amount read notes
CSR - Mississauga/Meadowvale

(IMO)Cons:

- They mislead you in the interview process by not disclosing the primary duty which is selling and the inflated prospects of moving up within the broad BMO organization.

- For those considering this position as an entry into the BMO organization for the purpose of upgrading to a more substantial position within the organization. There is chance to move within the building but very little if you seek a more substantial role within the broad BMO organization e.g. downtown Toronto office

- Ridiculous sales/call targets

- Irrational measuring practices to evaluate your performance.

- Pettiness, extreme politics and combined with inflated egos/false sense of authority creates a toxic work environment

- Majority of employees are extremely unhappy

- Poor management - very unprofessional, disrespectful, poorly trained and not qualified to be in their position.

- Many significant roles are outside hires from different organizations which can be deflating to those long tenured employees seeking to "work their way up the ladder"

- No work life balance

- Dead end job and not a career

- Bait and switch - first 3weeks in training they're really welcoming, nice, provide snacks but reality sinks in after that.

(IMO)Pros:

- Full benefits start from day one of your training

- If you're looking for an immediate short term paycheck this may be adequate but long term employment, in my opinion would be a mistake

- Most fellow employees(non-management) were very nice, smart and capable. Actually, there was a lot of very talented, loyal and hard working people there but evaluators(management) very incompetent and not able to recognize talent. Thus the high turnover.
Worst company i've ever worked for. BMO is a used-car sales lot of a bank.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: lunchtime, leaving to go home.
Cons: going to work, being micromanaged beyond belief, insane sales targets.
I was so micromanaged I went insane working for BMO. Co-Workers all hated their jobs and were actively applying elsewhere. There were at least 3 micro-managed meeting per day with managers checking how many sales calls you've made, how many bank accounts you've setup and how much money you've moved into BMO funds, and how many meetings you've have. If you don't meet your targets things get ugly - and the sad part is that the targets are very unrealistic. This leads to being forced to stay late many nights to make sales calls (cold calls) to people with bank accounts at BMO. Overall a very horrible experience, I wish I never worked for BMO. It is sad that BMO only cares about sales targets and doesn't give a hoot about customers - I know, i've been down the rabbit hole.
US Corporate Lending BMO Chicago & Harris Bank Chicago
Manager US Client Services BMO Chicago (Former Employee), Head Office - Toronto, ON & Chicago Ill.November 11, 2014
Pros: it allowed me to work in both the us (when required) and canada, was a great opportunity to enhance my resume in the field of corporate lending.
Cons: longevity of our positions were driven by the us economic market, there were a number of layoffs during the recession, this prompted bmo to close down their toronto office in the us corporate lending division in 2009.
The BMO US Corporate Lending position was fast paced and allowed me to led complex, rapidly changing Media and Energy markets assigned to both Canadian and U.S. Corporate Loan Portfolios. The daily monetary movement of funds was in the 100 of millions and allow me to direct strategic objectives for specialized lending support in structuring and servicing 500+ large, complex corporate loans for Bank of Montreal, Harris Bank, and Nesbitt Burns that include corporate and mid market direct loans, loan syndication and secure lines of business.
Productive but not much fun
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2014
Cons: meetings, meetings and more meetings
There is a an overwhelming amount of meetings. Most meetings seem to be not necessary however management believes the meetings are.
Productive environment
Sr. Project Manager IT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: no perks, no work/life balance
Co-workers supportive - most enjoyable part of job
Compulsory after hours - no work/life balance
No perks - holidays, lunches
More projects managed well, the more project were assigned - have to ask to limit # of projects in order to be successful.
Great place to begin your career!
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Great place to learn and begin your career in the financial services industry.
BMO Culture
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: self managed
Cons: expectation of workload can be high.
A typical day at BMO is not your typical day you would find at a bank. The Managers are friendly, approachable and personable. They go out of their way to make you feel welcomed part of the family.
A great place to work with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop.
Communications and Change Management Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2014
BMO is committed to each employee's learning and development. If you're looking for a career with an organization that will support your personal and professional growth, this is the place for you!
Over worked, under appreciated!
Financial services manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nice clients
Cons: every thing else.
I Want to say, I loved my clients and my over all job. But this company is getting to greedy and cares more about the revenue than the client's actual needs. They have really started to nickel and dime the customers on their service fees. And I started to feel more like a telemarketer then a Financial Services Manager. I am very much about keeping in touch with clients about product but I felt like I was cold calling most of the time. Clients don't like that!!! And forget ever making your target.... That's a laugh! But do plan to work long hours as they will make you feel you are worthless if your not making it.

And management??? Some are great but some I think they pulled off the street. No management skills at all!!!
Great Canadian Company
SVP Recruitment & Intake - Global (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
BMO will turn your potential into performance. It's a great Canadian company that values their employees.
Some social outings
Investment Banking Analyst, Diversified Industries (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
Typical Investment Bank
-Top down approach
-Little to no social life

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos

BMO banners front and center.
BMO Harris Bank believes in meaningful organizations including Casa Central.
Team collaboration is key to our success.  As they say, there is no i in team.