BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

I prefer not to answer
Mortgage Renewal Specialist/Specialized Sales (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2017
I prefer not to talk about this employer. I do not feel like this is relevant in any way. I would rather move forward and leave this company behind me
I work in management side, it is okay.
Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 November 2017
Overall it is good to work at BMO. however, salary is not that great. I don't work on call, so i get to enjoy my day after my shift is over. Overall I would say it is a good place to be at.
Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
Lots of room for advancement, great opportunities, higher pay grades and benefits. Many chances to grow and learn as the company grows larger. Management is helpful with helping you learn and grow.
Can I skip this review for now?
Spark Developer/Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2017
Normally a typical day at work at Bank of Montreal, Toronto as an Investment Support Specialist consists of; opening accounts, processing clients requests accurately ensuring adherence to all outlined procedures and Service Level Agreements through RPM, fulfilling customer requests in a way that complies with policies and reconciling of mutual funds purchase, redemption and documents mail to the clients as requested.
Good company to work for.
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 November 2017
Workplace culture is friendly. Lots of learning opportunities. Work Life balance. Current policy of employing off-shore resources is not good for local Canadian workforce..
Cons
Current policy of employing Off-Shore resources.......
great place
Netezza Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
They have strong management team . They were upgrading IT platform in large scale and built huge team in this effort. I worked with BMO as an IBM consultant.
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC6 November 2017
BMO was a relatively nice place to work. I felt the Assistant branch manager did not properly train employees so there was a high turnover rate at my particular branch.
worked as part of the customer service team of the bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2017
typical day:
Provided outstanding customer service, responded to different types of queries;
 Resolved clients’ problems; matched their needs with the best solutions;
 Promoted the Bank’s services.
Great Opportunity
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 November 2017
Great job and group. Wish i could have stayed longer. I got to learn a lot about the industry and many training sessions both through work and offline were offered.
Talent, experience or preparation are not required
Settlements Officer Foreign Exchange (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
Lack of opportunities to grow professionally, poor leadership.
Talent, experience or preparation are not required, however networking replaces all of the above. So if you know someone who works there, you are more than 90% in.
good company
Analyste de Fraude (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
overall good company, a lot of team work and support from colleagues, pretty flexible hours, sales are mandatory depending position, i would recommend.
A typical day at work
Investment Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
Usually, a typical day at work at Bank of Montreal, Toronto as a Investment Support Specialist consists of; opening accounts, processing clients requests accurately ensuring adherence to all outlined procedures and Service Level Agreements through RPM, fulfilling customer requests in a way that complies with policies and reconciling of mutual funds purchase, redemption and documents mail to the clients as requested.
Pros
Not too much of a workload
Cons
Salary
Terrible work/life balance - unachievable targets
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
Terrible management - no work/life balance - no job security - unachievable targets. Upper management shows up once in a while but no communication with "lower" level employees.
Repetitive.
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Montreal3 November 2017
Good place to start but it gets boring very quickly. It is a glorified customer service job. They require you to get a bunch of licences and it helps to have them for other jobs. No growth at that company.
no activities ... small lunch area with a lot of over stocked items for branch operations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
too much sales focused.... too much of politics within branch ...very low pay..........................................................................once a manager left clients file in a common area and started blaming of not keeping maintaining the confidentiality
Cons
low pay ... exploitation of labor... do not offer full time ... erratic repetitive job...
low wages and no room for progression
FINANCIAL SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
low wages and no room for progression. Unable to move up the corporate ladder. once in sales always in sales roles within the company. management has favourites
A respected international bank.
Senior Vice President, International (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2017
Canada's oldest bank, the former central bank, with branch coverage throughout the country and in most consequential international markets. It is well managed and socially conscious. It ranks employee welfare highly and is active in improving a wide range of initiatives in the communities it serves
Pros
Stability and public service
Cons
Occasionally too cautious and reluctant to change
A good overall employer who seeks to value the opinions of their staff and believes in life long learning!
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC25 October 2017
A place where customer service comes first and the employee is encouraged to grow and learn. A culture of diversity and balance!
I was able to move up with the company and always felt respected.
The culture is about learning and growing and I enjoyed the people and events that BMO was involved with as well as supporting many fundraisers!
Pros
Benefits and people/execitive
Cons
Fast pace and rapid change
BMO is a good work place
Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
I worked at BMO as technical specialist. To stay competitive, BMO is adopting a lot of cutting edge technologies. I involved in the whole process from architect design, development, implementation, and support. The most challenging part of the job is to prioritize multiple projects and timelines. With supportive work culture at BMO, I really enjoyed the interaction between different functional teams.
Exciting and fast paced project environment
Executive Assistant, to the Head (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2017
Most staff are contractors at location with no security. Contractors are paid fairly well. Most enjoyable people to work with. Atmosphere is good and quiet. Location is good.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
No security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.