BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2016
BMO used to be a great place to work, but recently they've made cut backs and they have affected customers and staff that work in the branch, i don't believe a lot of customers are happy with Bmo but it would be to much of a hassle to move everything out !

There is Lots of pressure at work and management is the worst, definitely re think applying, a majority of staff that work there are looking to leave cause Bmo just doesn't seem to care about there own staff ! They just buy them, and then tell customers they retired

If you have a family with young children this is not a job for you especially if you are a single parent, you will work weekends and late evening if you are in branch.
Pros
Start early leave early, banking discounts
Cons
There is never overtime, if your owed time it's hard for them to compensate you for it.
Overall good place to work
Lending Specialist/Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
NO issues with BMO. just looking to advance my career within the AML field. Currently working at the Contact Centre in Mississuga, the job itself as a lending specialist I've learned alot. Looking to take the next step forward.
Professional place for work
Financial Services Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Productive & customer oriented work place. Day to day & open to public dealings, severe communications, selling and look after the financial needs of the people in a proactive way.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Interest based
sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BC9 June 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
would never work there again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 June 2016
My first day I was put on as a csr. After 1 hour my manager left me alone. I did have an awesome manager for the first 2 months but then he was transferred. My new boss new nothing about my job. He couldn't help me with any transactions as he didn't even know what windows to go into on the computer. He would never leave his office to come help me either or help any of the other csrs. I found all BMO cared about was up selling stuff to customers. Management didn't care at all about how long the lines got or how long they were standing in line. They were just concerned that we up sell to them. I had planned to stay with BMO till I retired but now I wouldn't recommend that bank to anyone. It's sad that they boast about great customer service but in reality they don't at all.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
No concern for customers
Fast Pace Call Center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2016
A normal day consist of me taking at least 77 calls mitigating risk on each and every call. Making payment plans with customers to bring their account up to date such as mastercards, lines of credit and mortgages as well as vehicle loans. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help out a customer going through a hard time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client who is constantly swearing at you and wont give you a chance to talk.
Pros
Great shift, My colleagues
Cons
Low Salary
micromanagment
Everyday Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2016
If your on a call and lets say your assisting a senior citizen and they don't remember their passwords yet you secure their identity via other methods provided by BMO and the call ends up taking longer than 2 min that are required than why are their manager hovering over your shoulder to ask whats taking so long? if thats the case why not create an easier secure validation system that can make things easier for clients like seniors who eventually get frustrated trying to answer questions regarding their last 3 transactions.
Pros
good training program
Cons
no consecutive days off, micromanaged enviornment that doesn't allow reps to perform or be creative, very weak upper management, poorly run company from top to bottom
It was just ok.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 May 2016
I worked there as an intern for 6 months and didn't learn much due to the fact that I was assigned to a financial advisor who had no interest in having an intern.

My typical day included doing marketing research for the advisor and doing data entry for the branch administrator.

The best part of the job was getting to know my fellow interns and learning a little about the financial services industry.

The hardest part was wanting to learn more but not getting the proper guidance from those in charge.
good environement
Représentante Service à la clientèle Senior (Current Employee) –  Décarie, QC22 July 2016
its a small/big family, everyone enjoys working as a team to make banking better and easier. Working at the bank of monreal helped me realize who I really am and what am really capable of. Helping client make their life simpler is an achievement at the end of the day.
Management is a joke... (former BMO Investorline employee)
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
Management at BMO are incompetent. Managers cannot even handle client escalations and spend most of their time passing escalations and work load to assistant managers instead. Most of the time my manager would be on the phone talking to friends/family in polish and would get stressed out when she had to take an excalation that she could not handle and would cry. Salary is not as competitive as compared to other FIs. Hiring practices are weird as based on my previous occupation they kept hiring employees with no investment experience or knowledge and no licenses which is ironic as they boast about quality customer service. Having incompetent staff only hurts the quality of customer service with long wait times and pointless transfers to other departments or licensed traders and and creates poor service. BMO doesnt make sense.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary is low, management is incompetent and lazy
Employee Friendly and a productive workplace
Program Delivery and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
A great place to work and it offers work life balance. Great management and peers.The organisation truly embraces diversity.
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
No Security for Contingent Talent
Manager hassles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON7 November 2016
I loved my job but I got harassesed by the manager daily. I think managers have to be chosen more carefully and that they should know of the consequences should there be workplace harassment
Lots of pressure to sell and book appointments
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 August 2016
Good entry level position but once you get the experience, get out. The pressure and stress is not worth the money, nor will you be recognized.
Pros
good experience
Cons
stressful, learn on the job with little training
work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
It temporary position help with phone call, greeting clients,other task.I enjoyed working there with friendly co-workers. learned to manage time and leaned to multi task.
Pros
nice friendly environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 October 2016
BMO Bank of Montreal is a great company to work for. I have had great managers in my years at BMO. I am currently on maternity leave, and I am looking to start something new.
Great Inclusive Culture
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Lots of learning opportunities in an inclusive environment. Big on learning and progression. Leaders are very well aware of the current market trends.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Could do better with compensation
Productive and Efficient work environment
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
-Great company to work for
-Welcoming and collaborative environment
-Enjoyable
-Educational
office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
a typical day at work, lots of printing, photocopying and inputing data into the excel spread sheet. Opening new accounts for clients.
filings documents .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
7.5 hours
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Great leadership and experience. One of the best teams to work with in my career. Culture was positive and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this company to individuals looking to start a career at a financial institution.
Pros
Felxible management
Cons
Limited systems for analysis
BMO Financial Group
Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal21 September 2016
During my time working for BMO, I have learned a lot about the banking world and was given the chance to work for a corporation that really focuses on customer satisfaction and performance.