BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BC9 June 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
Worst place I ever worked at.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 April 2016
The job write up sounds like you'd actually be analyzing something when in fact it's a glorified call center. Run like a slave shop where people don't matter. You're only in number.
Management can get away with anything they want including giving you your walking papers, they just call it not meeting the expectations of the job but they don't tell you specifically where you went wrong. You have to excel at everything or be close friends with management. They need a union badly to stop the unfairness. Unless you're desperate pass on this. BMO might be good in other departments but not this one.
Then they have coaching sessions that leave you feeling like you're a piece of dirt when it's done and you can get these weekly. Definitely not worth any money they would want to pay.
Pros
Benefits and people I worked with.
Cons
Unfair treatment, unjust firings, harassment, bullying in the workplace, pretty much everything.
Terrible Culture
Digital Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
I did not like the culture in the bank at all. The culture was not a good environment to work in. I would not consider returning to the bank ever in the future.
Good
Corporate finance analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Good experience gained.
Opportunities to grow
Big bank with lot of growth and opportunities for hardworking people.
Great benefits
summary
Risk Management Expert - loss mitigation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
a typical day at work consist of working the portfolio and managing calls with your clients. I learned a lot of information about the work and on ow to manage time effectively. management can use a bit of improvement. I enjoyed working with my teammates.
Great team
SECURITY GUARD/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2016
I love working for BMO Financial Group. I learned many great things. I love the management team and all employees are so friendly.
Pros
Love it
Cons
Great Team
Customer service oriented job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2017
First thing in the morning I had to load automated bank machines and unload deposits made in the ABM,s . Process night deposits. Prepare cash boxes , order cash , place orders for coins, I was also be responsible for cash orders and cash holdings in the branch. Be ready for customers after opening doors, greet customers with smile , thank them for coming to the branch , make sure they were always satisfied with my service . I always thank customer for their business and invite them to see them again. Before customer left I always asked if there is any think else I could help them. Alway introduce with banking information that customer would benefit from it.
Pros
Always be helpful to customers.
Great work place to work for
Deskside Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
-Shown up on time, Prepared for constant meeting.
-Learn new technologies.
-Great management and easy to deal with and understanding.
-Excellent co-workers were able to share knowledge.
-Misunderstanding.
-To work with great company and able to provide my knowledge.
Great company and ample resources to expand your knowledge
QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 April 2016
- BMO has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time" and the workload is pretty consistent.
- BMO has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress but through strong leadership and a clear mission, BMO has been an amazing place to work.
- The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied.
- I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
- The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators.
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 July 2016
BMO used to be a great place to work, but recently they've made cut backs and they have affected customers and staff that work in the branch, i don't believe a lot of customers are happy with Bmo but it would be to much of a hassle to move everything out !

There is Lots of pressure at work and management is the worst, definitely re think applying, a majority of staff that work there are looking to leave cause Bmo just doesn't seem to care about there own staff ! They just buy them, and then tell customers they retired

If you have a family with young children this is not a job for you especially if you are a single parent, you will work weekends and late evening if you are in branch.
Pros
Start early leave early, banking discounts
Cons
There is never overtime, if your owed time it's hard for them to compensate you for it.
advancement
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Not many opportunities for advancement depending on which part of the organization you are in, personal relationships are very important to advancing.
General absence of purpose or vision
Manager, Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Nice people, but this is not a profession. Due to the general lack of real world skills, their employees struggle every step of getting anything done, except for participating in meetings and effectively managing up and laterally. Also they have a horrible culture of not picking up phones and not replying to emails.
Very Stressful Work Environment
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2017
Typical call center environment. Agent is caught between bad management/ high sales pressure and clients. Alot of micro management.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Stressful work environment, micro management
would never work there again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC23 June 2016
My first day I was put on as a csr. After 1 hour my manager left me alone. I did have an awesome manager for the first 2 months but then he was transferred. My new boss new nothing about my job. He couldn't help me with any transactions as he didn't even know what windows to go into on the computer. He would never leave his office to come help me either or help any of the other csrs. I found all BMO cared about was up selling stuff to customers. Management didn't care at all about how long the lines got or how long they were standing in line. They were just concerned that we up sell to them. I had planned to stay with BMO till I retired but now I wouldn't recommend that bank to anyone. It's sad that they boast about great customer service but in reality they don't at all.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
No concern for customers
Financial Services Manager
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2017
Great place to work to gain experience client facing. Felt I worked with a lot of people who didn't have a passion for what they were doing.
Pros
Walk in clients
Cons
Micro Management
Productive, Friendly, and fan environment
IT Asset Management Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
• Developed and implemented procedures for tracking BMO assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles
• Ensured HPAM (HP Asset Management) databases were maintained via day-to-day operations as well as work on continuous improvements and transition
• Used Asset Management (HPAM) to create, track, modify, and manage asset records
• Updated information asset inventory register and performed bulk updates for BMO assets
Pros
n/a
Cons
No room for advancement and not a happy place to work.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2016
Advancement is out of the question unless you personally know the person hiring.
Salary is a joke for what is expected of you on a daily basis.
Benefits are the only good thing at this place.
Been there 7 years and one day went in and they gave me walking papers.
No warning whatsoever. I thought I was gong to retire from there.
My sales were over the top. They don't care about anyone.
We all feel like just numbers.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for
Sr. Consultant - Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON9 February 2017
Very welcoming environment with an awesome work culture. Exposure to varied products a big plus to daily work, Overall a wonderful place to work in...
great place
Commercial/Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
great environment to work with and very positive collaegues and great managers who support you and want the best for you and your career development.
Overall good place to work
Lending Specialist/Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
NO issues with BMO. just looking to advance my career within the AML field. Currently working at the Contact Centre in Mississuga, the job itself as a lending specialist I've learned alot. Looking to take the next step forward.