BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 September 2017
Wonderful staff, everyone all seems to get along and helps each other out. It's always so nice being able to help customers out when they are in need.
Pros
Flexiable
Cons
Busy
Good workplace
Third Party Administration / Fund Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Offered a work/life balance. Great place to work over all. My manager was great and always helping us develop. I was able to have flexible work hours.
Soild company to work for/
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 September 2017
BMO is a solid company to work for. I enjoyed my employment with BMO. The benefits and salary were competitive with other financial institutions. I would recommend BMO as a place of employment.
Pros
Good medical benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Not always flexibile
Very productive, respective and friendly
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Excellent place to work and fun.
Freedom in decision making, multiple technologies used within a single team.
Excellent culture and people, no pressure.
Sales environment
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
Pushed to sell products that customers did not want, very sales orientated and not customer orientated, written up for not meeting targets or SLA everytime
Good employer for the financially driven
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
I started working here because it offered a lot of learning and stability. As the years went on I realized that my personal values were no longer matching the corporate values and I decided to change careers. For a person looking to further their career in finance and is very sales driven, this would be a great place for you to grow.
Finance, Banking, Marketing, International Business
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
A great place to work, however, there is no job security. Manage is amazing; kind, helpful, and passionate about their work. A lot of professionals working here, but some people can act immature.
Pros
Benefits, Education, Advancement
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
Loved working at BMO
Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
I would recommend working at BMO for anyone looking for stability. Also, BMO gave me opportunity for growth and success. There was also excellent flexibility options which helped as being a mom and full time employee!
Productive & Wonderful team
Software & ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
Typical day starts with a scrum meeting where developer or qa assignments are given. Tasks many involve creating SSIS solution packages for ETL processes, or creating ad-hoc scripts in preparation or actual support of product releases or deployments to Production environment.
BMO is good
Senior Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
BMO is a good employer to work for. People help each other and can discuss issues with your manager without fear. BMO encourages skill development by training and lunch & learn.
customer service orientated
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2017
busy, fast paced environment, learn every day something new about clients, products and bank views , great management , helpful, encouraging workplace. hardest part of the job busy days , enjoyable part of the job - meeting your sales and making clients happy
Great work environment
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Bank of Montreal is a great place to work.
BMO is committed to helping improve the quality of life in the communities where we live and work. Our desire to make a contribution is deep-rooted, dating back to our first hospital donation in 1835.
Wonderful Canadian Bank
Team Lead, Global Product Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
BMO is a great Canadian Bank. They provide opportunities to move around the organization. Upper management doesn't really act on concerns of the folks doing the day to day work.
Lame
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 September 2017
The staff that was in charge of the event was very cold and rude. They showed no emotion. That customers that came in we very nice, but I'm sure that's because they wanted to get the free stuff!
Productive and fun workplace
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
Bank of Montreal is an interesting place to work. All groups are nice, and everyone is willing to assist each other to accomplish each other goals and objectives.
Pros
Abled to utilize my program management and project management skills
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 September 2017
No complaints, great way to get experience and dip your toes in the financial world. Learn a great deal and build great rapport with the Front Line of Business.
Cons
Shift Work
bank
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2017
great company to work with no complaints at all. the customers were friendly and the staff were very helpful . unfortunately I left the bank to persue another position
An excellent learning experience. many skills acquired.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 September 2017
The Call Centre experience was thoroughly enjoyable. A supportive, team environment. The shrinking branch environment a little less so. The best part of the job was interacting with customers either by phone or in Branch.
Pros
constant knowledge upgrade
Cons
insecure work environment at branch level
Very demanding regiment. Expectations are high, BMO provides very little tools to support.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 September 2017
The Job is very demanding, with high expectations. However, process and tools are old and support is required to assist in an ever changing and dynamic market.
Pros
Strong Brand Awareness
Cons
Out dated processes and requirements.
company
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
overall good company to work for. very involved in the community and appreciate more ways and ideas to get involved in more communities. the treat the client well and try to help whenever possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.