BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
US Corporate Lending BMO Chicago & Harris Bank Chicago
Manager US Client Services BMO Chicago (Former Employee), Head Office - Toronto, ON & Chicago Ill.November 11, 2014
Pros: it allowed me to work in both the us (when required) and canada, was a great opportunity to enhance my resume in the field of corporate lending.
Cons: longevity of our positions were driven by the us economic market, there were a number of layoffs during the recession, this prompted bmo to close down their toronto office in the us corporate lending division in 2009.
The BMO US Corporate Lending position was fast paced and allowed me to led complex, rapidly changing Media and Energy markets assigned to both Canadian and U.S. Corporate Loan Portfolios. The daily monetary movement of funds was in the 100 of millions and allow me to direct strategic objectives for specialized lending support in structuring and servicing – more... 500+ large, complex corporate loans for Bank of Montreal, Harris Bank, and Nesbitt Burns that include corporate and mid market direct loans, loan syndication and secure lines of business. – less
Productive but not much fun
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2014
Cons: meetings, meetings and more meetings
There is a an overwhelming amount of meetings. Most meetings seem to be not necessary however management believes the meetings are.
Productive environment
Sr. Project Manager IT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: no perks, no work/life balance
Co-workers supportive - most enjoyable part of job
Compulsory after hours - no work/life balance
No perks - holidays, lunches
More projects managed well, the more project were assigned - have to ask to limit # of projects in order to be successful.
Great place to begin your career!
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Great place to learn and begin your career in the financial services industry.
BMO Culture
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: self managed
Cons: expectation of workload can be high.
A typical day at BMO is not your typical day you would find at a bank. The Managers are friendly, approachable and personable. They go out of their way to make you feel welcomed part of the family.
A great place to work with plenty of opportunities to grow and develop.
Communications and Change Management Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2014
BMO is committed to each employee's learning and development. If you're looking for a career with an organization that will support your personal and professional growth, this is the place for you!
Over worked, under appreciated!
Financial services manager (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSAugust 22, 2014
Pros: nice clients
Cons: every thing else.
I Want to say, I loved my clients and my over all job. But this company is getting to greedy and cares more about the revenue than the client's actual needs. They have really started to nickel and dime the customers on their service fees. And I started to feel more like a telemarketer then a Financial Services Manager. I am very much about keeping in – more... touch with clients about product but I felt like I was cold calling most of the time. Clients don't like that!!! And forget ever making your target.... That's a laugh! But do plan to work long hours as they will make you feel you are worthless if your not making it.

And management??? Some are great but some I think they pulled off the street. No management skills at all!!! – less
Great Canadian Company
SVP Recruitment & Intake - Global (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
BMO will turn your potential into performance. It's a great Canadian company that values their employees.
Some social outings
Investment Banking Analyst, Diversified Industries (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2014
Typical Investment Bank
-Top down approach
-Little to no social life
AWFUL
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), CalgaryAugust 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sales, and more sales!
The 'S" in CSR does not stand for service, this is a SALES role, you can't even pass a review without exceeding in sales revenue because its worth more than half of what you are measured on. Management is only sales focused and if you don't make sales then they werent very decent to you. I found that the goals were incredibly hard to meet unless you – more... took over 15minutes per person in the front line, breaks were almost non existant, and the manager was hired without knowing how to do anything on the front end, i would highly advise you to look else where for employment! – less
challenging and fact paced work environment
AML KYC Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: long hours
BMO Capital Markets, AML is a very challenging and fast paced work environment.

As part of the BMO AML Review team the most challenging aspect of my job is to facilitate AML and direct it towards the correct line of business which needs to take ownership over KYC annual review of selected customers within BMO Capital Markets.

Another challenging aspect – more... of the job is to ensure the client responds within the given time frame to any information missing and necessary to conduct AML KYC annual review.

My job role requires me to do something different everyday and work with several individuals across the floor making it very interesting and challenging.

As I am able to connect and work with my co-workers it is amazing since I am able to create friends with them quickly and learn from them as I teach them all at the same time.

I have learned how excel could help me perform my job much better and I learned how to take ownership over issues and I am able to make decisions when need be. – less
Top 5 Canadian Investment Bank
Analyst - High Yield trading (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2014
BMO Capital Markets provides a full range of products and services to help corporate, institutional and government clients achieve their ambitions. From 29 locations around the world, including 16 in North America, BMO Capital Markets draws on expertise in areas including equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, mergers – more... and acquisitions advisory services, merchant banking, securitization, treasury and market risk management, foreign exchange, derivatives, debt and equity research and institutional sales and trading. – less
Wonderful Place of employment
Marketing Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work was mainly computer data and database information. Learned a lot about people and their great giving spirits. This was a contract temporary position to help with the united way campaign and I got to meet a lot of great people and shared quite a bit of their lives and ambitions. Love the management team of open door policies and – more... team work. Can't really say there was anything hard about this position and enjoyed it very much. – less
BMO
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 16, 2014
Great company to start your career with.
Started as a Customer service representative.
Fast and efficient working environment
Office Connect\Nesbitt Burns Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 10, 2014
BMO first point of contact Support Service Desk day to day, managers and Executives technical issue from Desktop\Blackberry to network connectivity. In-house developers CRM application support, Lotus Notes 8.5 Database Radian6 Salesforce application, SharePoint and Active Directory Support.

Finding system root cause assisting peers and reporting feedback – more... issue through Knowledge base peers and team managers. Multiple achievements awards for outstanding job performance form clients, managers and peers.

Great Team Spirit. – less
Management is Great.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), MississaugaJune 3, 2014
My position at BMO financial group is to provide service and information along with sales for BMO's Mastercard department.

It is a high paced contact centre environment, which i would take inbound calls from BMO MC clients.

The most difficult part of my job was to hit the sales targets, but overall it was not that difficult to do.

Management and – more... my co-workers are great. no complaints there.
Most enjoyable of my job was to talk to customers and the feeling of educating them. – less
Good company
Business Objects Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2014
Pro: good company, good pay and advancement opportunities

Con: bad culture, poor managers.
na
Law Clerk Internship (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
BMO Financial provided me with very proffesional and ample experience in my field of study. They were able to lead me in the right direction in terms of what i wanted to do in the future in the Law Clerk field
HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grande Prairie AbMarch 5, 2014
Loved the people I worked with, as for branch manager she is a terrible person I was going threw a very hard time at one point and they do not care at all.. The targets you have to reach are absolutely ridiculous and if you don't meet them your treated like your not good enough.. as for time off you can kiss that goodbye without them looking down on – more... you.. all in all loved my job hated who I worked for!! they break you down emotionally and you will end up leaving... – less
Terrible employment experience
CSR (Former Employee), Southern ontarioFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: terrible management
I worked there for 9 months and it nearly broke me. The expectations are ridiculous. You will never be good enough. And you get publicly shamed when you aren't reaching your targets. I am a single mom of 3 and I needed this job to support my family - but id much rather take a pay cut than put up with this abuse for another second.

1 2 3 4

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos