BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

nice work environment with great colleagues
Investment specialist 5-star team (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
during my time at BMO , the thing I appreciated the most was working with great people. I have learned a lot from the stock market to fixed income, precious metals.
the part I didn't like or like the least is the management, they were not there for the employee or was supportive, too much micro management, No career goal talk ; ( talking about here my direct manager )
my experience overall was good, met great people there.
summary
Risk Management Expert - loss mitigation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
a typical day at work consist of working the portfolio and managing calls with your clients. I learned a lot of information about the work and on ow to manage time effectively. management can use a bit of improvement. I enjoyed working with my teammates.
Customer service oriented job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2017
First thing in the morning I had to load automated bank machines and unload deposits made in the ABM,s . Process night deposits. Prepare cash boxes , order cash , place orders for coins, I was also be responsible for cash orders and cash holdings in the branch. Be ready for customers after opening doors, greet customers with smile , thank them for coming to the branch , make sure they were always satisfied with my service . I always thank customer for their business and invite them to see them again. Before customer left I always asked if there is any think else I could help them. Alway introduce with banking information that customer would benefit from it.
Pros
Always be helpful to customers.
Bmo
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2017
Great company, however, some people in management are so far from the agents experience, that they cannot effectively coach. Depending on who you get as a manager, some tend to operate through favouritism.
Pros
Advancement, good culture
Cons
need to review management, could pay more
Great
Sr Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 February 2017
Great Capital Market, Trading and Risk Management Operations with State of the Art Technology Environment.

A place to hone your skills while delivering
Terrible Culture
Digital Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
I did not like the culture in the bank at all. The culture was not a good environment to work in. I would not consider returning to the bank ever in the future.
friendly, neat and professional atmosphere
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 February 2017
Very nice bank to work for friendly and professional atmosphere. Worked there for a contract of 3 months and very much appreciated it.

Pros
very nice and friendly directors and managers
Cons
work starts at 7-30 in the morning a bit early
Great company to work for
Sr. Consultant - Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  North York, ON9 February 2017
Very welcoming environment with an awesome work culture. Exposure to varied products a big plus to daily work, Overall a wonderful place to work in...
Excellent Environment to Work in
Sr Oracle DBA/SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 February 2017
Excellent Environment to Work in. Very cooperative staff.

dedicated and professional team. Progressive environment.
Will work for this organization again. Pay is not a good one but culture being wonderful.
Compliance Analyst, High Risk Intakes (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Wonderful work environment and management team. Salary is not a competitive one in the market. Very good AML fundamentals and start point in the industry.
Financial Services Manager
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 February 2017
Great place to work to gain experience client facing. Felt I worked with a lot of people who didn't have a passion for what they were doing.
Pros
Walk in clients
Cons
Micro Management
Review Summary
Bilingual Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I found BMO to be exceptional employers and it embraces diversity. It looks into respecting every employee.
I look forward to servicing them again.
I enjoyed working and training at BMO it was truly interesting.
Pros
lunches are adaptable at least in the department where I worked
Cons
advancement is a challenge
Very Stressful Work Environment
Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 January 2017
Typical call center environment. Agent is caught between bad management/ high sales pressure and clients. Alot of micro management.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Stressful work environment, micro management
Good
Corporate finance analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
Good experience gained.
Opportunities to grow
Big bank with lot of growth and opportunities for hardworking people.
Great benefits
A well balanced workplace
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 January 2017
A working environment were we worked very hard and had fun doing so.
Excellent team work and great support from Managers, resulting in a strong gift for bonding with people and building trusted relationships.
High work ethics with an unfailing positive attitude with a smile in all situations and circumstances.
Ensuring executive's time is always well managed and prioritizing their tasks at an optimal level, as administratively if all is well taken care off , at times the product of my work becomes part of someone else's and this in turn helps in the recognition of the success of the organization.
A positive work environment with nice people
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
A typical day working with BMO would include checking emails to see the current fraud trends for the past day. We are always learning day to day with how fraudsters change their patterns. The hardest part of my job would have to be explaining to the elderly about their account situation and how fraud possibly ended up on their account. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the bank money by
stopping fraud before it occurs.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Working on holidays due to the department being 24hrs
advancement
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Not many opportunities for advancement depending on which part of the organization you are in, personal relationships are very important to advancing.
alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bmo, and would probably still be there if I had the chance to advance, but I worked in a very small town and there was just no opportunity. Pay isn't great as a csr, but gets better as you move up.
Pros
free banking and special rates
Cons
low starting pay
cash cook
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS23 January 2017
fast pace have to love customer service, early shift work or evening or and week ends, tips helps as well. cooking was fun. kind of just do your own work and enjoy your shift
Pros
food discount
Cons
long days
great fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB20 January 2017
In the 4.5 years that I worked for this company, I met many new people. I also learned many new things in the industry as a whole. The culture of the workplace wasn't always that pleasant based on some of the people that worked there, but I was always trying to change that aspect.

The hardest part of the job, was that when you were asked to do something 1 way, you would get told to do it another 2 min later, or they weren't happy with the results even though it was done correctly.

The best part of my job, was that I was able to communicate with so many customers. I had people that only wanted to deal with me because I always accomplished what they needed without any hesitation or problems.
Pros
free banking, and employee pricing on loans, etc...
Cons
wasn't a happy atmosphere