BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not too bad a culture, but pay is lacking
edd analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: Okay culture, good location
Cons: poor pay, lack of processes and procedures
An extremely unorganized AML department with a lack of sound direction and leadership, but the work environment was okay and the location was prime. The pay is very low compared to other banks
An Excellent Financial Firm
Administrative Assistant & CSR (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 19, 2015
I have an excellent experience working at BMO
I enjoyed working with my team members
There are some challenges at the job which I have to manage professionally at the work.
Most part enjoyed at hydro one was that I interact with the managers of different departments. They are very approachable
Processing Clerk
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: RRSP benefits with health and dental, working with a team; work part-time
Cons: Job position no longer exists and has been transferred elsewhere
Typical day was processing mail from various banks. Learned how to type faster, to build team skills, to build efficiency skills, and to reconcile inconsistent data. Management was wonderful and supportive. Co-workers were friendly, approachable and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was the dust and developing an allergy to dust and continually paper-cuts. Most enjoyable part of the job was sorting, data entry and helping the team to finish on time.
Toxic Environment
CSR (Former Employee), OntarioMay 14, 2015
To wrap it all up in just a few words...think twice before taking up employment with this company.....pay is terrible and the pressure to sell sell sell is the main focus.
Management treat's employee's with little or no respect.
former employee
financial service manager (Former Employee), montrealApril 30, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: the branch manager
Working at this branch specifically is the poorest choice I made. Not only is the pay low, but the management is aweful. When asked how I was performing, the branch manager replied with 'I don't know' to me. I had received a total of 3 coachings in 5 months, and the team effort is not on par at all. I had reached all my sales targets regardless and there was not one ounce of appreciation or gratitude from anyone at this branch (not the branch manager nor the assistant branch manager). This branch is being managed by incompetant, emotionally driven, irrational women that give women a bad reputation in the business world. Its because of women like these that no one wants to vote for women presidency. Don't work here, you wont gain nor learn anything from it.
Teamwork working environment
Systems Support Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
A typical day of work at BMO Financial Group would be to log-on to the telephone queue and Remedy to see if there are client trouble-tickets that need immediate attention, ask my team members if there are any issue such as system outages and general 'what is going on" question on the help-desk

The hardest part of my work would be when customers/client have issue that we are still investigation without any resolutions yet or when a client is complaining of poor support experience at the Command Centre (Help-desk)
Productive and respectable workplace
Sr. Support Analyst (Infrastructure) (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 22, 2015
The managers are respectful and caring. The work environment is stress free and the hours manageable.

The supervisors are not hounding the employees. The goals are realistic.
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Manager, Corporate Treasury (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Grat learning environment
Cons: N/A
With continuing regulatory changes impacting the financial industry, BMO Financial Group has taken on a leadership role with respect to its overall strategy and development. There are strong leaders at BMO who are great mentors to their subordinates.
Professional workplace
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: less growth
+Pull daily team report and assigned work to team members; ensure per-defined Service Level Standards (SLA) is met in all queues

+Reviewing e-mails of Department Inbox. Take ownership of escalated issues and ensure issue seen to completion by communicating with branches and contributing information; discussing regarding missing requirement; ensure all responses are professional, appropriate and accurate.

+Update different account type as per provided documents in different application (RIS, ADP, FILENET, ...)

+Resolving escalated issue that my manager ask me to review. Provide feedback

+Identifying potential risk situations and communicating them to internal regulatory bodies such as Compliance, Risk or legal Dept. Ensure

+Playing a lead role in maintaining communication with the branches regarding the Re-Documentation project and working with work flow coordinators to address and resolve complex inquiries
Senior Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, onMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here, the employees were friendly, helpful and professional. I would definately recommond my friends. I learned lots of application and got my hands on. I enjoyed my time working at BMO.
A place to learn
Analyst, Governance & Oversight (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
First job out of school so involved a lot of learning.

Extra support for education

Fun team to work in

Hardest and most enjoyable part was dealing with other teams
Relaxed work environment but slow to hire/promote, and stingy with salaries
Analyst, Securitization Finance and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Office is very easy to work in, but they simply don't pay their employees enough. Could work for smaller companies that pay far more.
Good work life balance
Technical Specialist Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2015
Good work life balance for a Bank. Life is easy if you know the stuff you are doing. No job security however. Co-workers are very helpful though and other teams are very supportive
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
CIBC was a great experience for me. Customer centric and staff oriented. Work life balance is key to the success of the organization
hardworking, productive, time sensitive
Analyst (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 28, 2015
BMO Capital Markets is a very time sensitive atmosphere. There is a high stress on accuracy and efficiency. Back office operations based.
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Currently employed here. Do not want to review.
Looking for challenge from different workplace. Great people and great training.
Fun, productive place to work with great people.
Premier Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea and drinks.
Cons: long hours on some days
Each day is different with all sorts of issues coming up that we haven' t faced before, my favorite part of the job.
I try and learn something new everyday.
Management is very relaxed as long as the job gets done and clients are happy.
Work with some of the smartest people I know.
Hard part is dealing with frustrated users but it's part of the job and you have to be ready to deal with different people and situations and adapt.
Love coming in to work everyday. It's an very professional and creative place to work at in the middle of busy downtown.
Good company
Program Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Large organization, nice work culture, structured and organized. A reputable company to work within. Would recommend to work there.
Best job I have had so far
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), 4100 Gordon Baker Rd in ScarboroughFebruary 3, 2015
I've learned AD ,dealing with customer's on a daily basis,the most enjoyable part was working with a great manager, and great team of desktop analyst.
Life at BMO
Project Application Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
A great company to work for; enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly people. A positive work environment and many opportunities to grow and excel.

1 2 3 4

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos

BMO banners front and center.
BMO Harris Bank believes in meaningful organizations including Casa Central.
Team collaboration is key to our success.  As they say, there is no i in team.