BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Will work for this organization again. Pay is not a good one but culture being wonderful.
Compliance Analyst, High Risk Intakes (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Wonderful work environment and management team. Salary is not a competitive one in the market. Very good AML fundamentals and start point in the industry.
Bmo
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2017
Great company, however, some people in management are so far from the agents experience, that they cannot effectively coach. Depending on who you get as a manager, some tend to operate through favouritism.
Pros
Advancement, good culture
Cons
need to review management, could pay more
Management is a joke... (former BMO Investorline employee)
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
Management at BMO are incompetent. Managers cannot even handle client escalations and spend most of their time passing escalations and work load to assistant managers instead. Most of the time my manager would be on the phone talking to friends/family in polish and would get stressed out when she had to take an excalation that she could not handle and would cry. Salary is not as competitive as compared to other FIs. Hiring practices are weird as based on my previous occupation they kept hiring employees with no investment experience or knowledge and no licenses which is ironic as they boast about quality customer service. Having incompetent staff only hurts the quality of customer service with long wait times and pointless transfers to other departments or licensed traders and and creates poor service. BMO doesnt make sense.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary is low, management is incompetent and lazy
nice work environment with great colleagues
Investment specialist 5-star team (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
during my time at BMO , the thing I appreciated the most was working with great people. I have learned a lot from the stock market to fixed income, precious metals.
the part I didn't like or like the least is the management, they were not there for the employee or was supportive, too much micro management, No career goal talk ; ( talking about here my direct manager )
my experience overall was good, met great people there.
A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
great fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB20 January 2017
In the 4.5 years that I worked for this company, I met many new people. I also learned many new things in the industry as a whole. The culture of the workplace wasn't always that pleasant based on some of the people that worked there, but I was always trying to change that aspect.

The hardest part of the job, was that when you were asked to do something 1 way, you would get told to do it another 2 min later, or they weren't happy with the results even though it was done correctly.

The best part of my job, was that I was able to communicate with so many customers. I had people that only wanted to deal with me because I always accomplished what they needed without any hesitation or problems.
Pros
free banking, and employee pricing on loans, etc...
Cons
wasn't a happy atmosphere
A well balanced workplace
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 January 2017
A working environment were we worked very hard and had fun doing so.
Excellent team work and great support from Managers, resulting in a strong gift for bonding with people and building trusted relationships.
High work ethics with an unfailing positive attitude with a smile in all situations and circumstances.
Ensuring executive's time is always well managed and prioritizing their tasks at an optimal level, as administratively if all is well taken care off , at times the product of my work becomes part of someone else's and this in turn helps in the recognition of the success of the organization.
fun workplace very professional
Agent Aux Entreprises commercial Montréal (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2017
Good place to work.
not many opportunities to move.
Management is good, senior management is not, they do not care about your career aspirations.
Pros
excellent HR
Cons
Low pay
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets
Great Career Start.
Commercial Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2017
Excellent place to begin a career in the banking industry. It is a very professional environment to work in, with great management.
Hostile environment, unapproachable management, don't waste your skills here
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
(Reviewing BMO Nesbitt Burns) For myself and on behalf of many colleagues, not a good experience at all. Short-sighted, tight-fisted, unapproachable managers caused great tension between groups and made it a hostile environment. The company preaches diversity and openness to new ideas, but the firm's actions say otherwise. Hard-working employees are not recognized and old, traditional ways of thinking are rewarded. For the love of god, don't work here and waste your skills in such a thankless environment!!
Pros
Benefits, share program, pension
Cons
Tight-fisted management, old way of thinking, hard work not recognized
Bmo
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Great culture, but being a large organization, really need to rely on a sponsor or networking to land a position. Benefits are similar to other banks, but nothing compared to other industries, like automotive.
Fast paced environment/Great tools provided for new learners
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
-fast paced
-management is not organized
-hard to work in a branch with very minimal staff
-enjoy customer facing interactions, coaching the team and to work hard towards becoming the best of the best in the district area
-work/life balance is terrible
-overworked and not over-manged
Good people
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 September 2016
Great people to work with. management can be a different story. Some issues with disability accommodation, so they seem to do poorly with that. The staff are all great people at every branch I have worked at.
Pros
Free training, easy to advance your career
Cons
poor accommodation for disabled, poorly staffed branches
Great Inclusive Culture
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Lots of learning opportunities in an inclusive environment. Big on learning and progression. Leaders are very well aware of the current market trends.
Pros
Work-Life Balance
Cons
Could do better with compensation
Employee Friendly and a productive workplace
Program Delivery and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 August 2016
A great place to work and it offers work life balance. Great management and peers.The organisation truly embraces diversity.
Pros
Everything is good
Cons
No Security for Contingent Talent
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Great leadership and experience. One of the best teams to work with in my career. Culture was positive and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this company to individuals looking to start a career at a financial institution.
Pros
Felxible management
Cons
Limited systems for analysis
Review Summary
Bilingual Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I found BMO to be exceptional employers and it embraces diversity. It looks into respecting every employee.
I look forward to servicing them again.
I enjoyed working and training at BMO it was truly interesting.
Pros
lunches are adaptable at least in the department where I worked
Cons
advancement is a challenge
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
Has its ups and downs.
Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
Location is quite inconvenient for me personally. Lower lever management is quite intimidating, but the assistant managers are very friendly and encourage you to do well. Most of my colleagues are very kind and respectful but every work place has a few bad apples.
Pros
There are always snacks :)
Cons
short and constricted lunch break