BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Strong employee collaboration
Sales Manager- Mortgage Specialists (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Well run organization, opportunities available to meet your career goals. Equal opportunity employer, advancement based on your performance.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Timing of change
Learning so many things
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Learned so many things, people are helpful and knowledgeable

People work so hard

So many out sources which is not good for Canadian people

Manged people on shore and off shore

Timing is issue with India
Pros
close to my place
Cons
so many works to do
Great work place to work for
Deskside Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
-Shown up on time, Prepared for constant meeting.
-Learn new technologies.
-Great management and easy to deal with and understanding.
-Excellent co-workers were able to share knowledge.
-Misunderstanding.
-To work with great company and able to provide my knowledge.
Bmo
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Great culture, but being a large organization, really need to rely on a sponsor or networking to land a position. Benefits are similar to other banks, but nothing compared to other industries, like automotive.
Professional place for work
Financial Services Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Productive & customer oriented work place. Day to day & open to public dealings, severe communications, selling and look after the financial needs of the people in a proactive way.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Interest based
Great team
SECURITY GUARD/ CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2016
I love working for BMO Financial Group. I learned many great things. I love the management team and all employees are so friendly.
Pros
Love it
Cons
Great Team
great place
Commercial/Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
great environment to work with and very positive collaegues and great managers who support you and want the best for you and your career development.
Overall I a good place to work
Investigative and Security Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloor st west29 November 2016
Overall BMO is a good place to work and recommend anyone to work. Bad apples are everywhere but there are a lot of good apples as well.

Learned a lot with colleagues and good leaders,
Bad leaders who thinks they own the bank and leading according their own instincts give bad image of the company.
Pros
Benefits and colleagues
Cons
Egoistic leaders
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
a typical day at work, lots of printing, photocopying and inputing data into the excel spread sheet. Opening new accounts for clients.
filings documents .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
7.5 hours
Great place to work!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as well as the opportunities given and experience gained. Great teammates and a great place to grow and begin a career.
Productive and Efficient work environment
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
-Great company to work for
-Welcoming and collaborative environment
-Results oriented
-Challenging
-Great team work
-customer focused
-Enjoyable
-Educational
A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets
Manager hassles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON7 November 2016
I loved my job but I got harassesed by the manager daily. I think managers have to be chosen more carefully and that they should know of the consequences should there be workplace harassment
work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
It temporary position help with phone call, greeting clients,other task.I enjoyed working there with friendly co-workers. learned to manage time and leaned to multi task.
Pros
nice friendly environment
fun and productive environment
Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
● Getting real life experience by helping students at Georgian College.
● Answering a variety of questions by phone, email and in person regarding:
● Printer and computer troubleshooting(Macs, and windows computers) passwords, accessing the databases from off campus, registering new materials, and placing holds on specific items.
● Helped users with printers, copiers, scanners and video preview equipment
General absence of purpose or vision
Manager, Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Nice people, but this is not a profession. Due to the general lack of real world skills, their employees struggle every step of getting anything done, except for participating in meetings and effectively managing up and laterally. Also they have a horrible culture of not picking up phones and not replying to emails.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 October 2016
BMO Bank of Montreal is a great company to work for. I have had great managers in my years at BMO. I am currently on maternity leave, and I am looking to start something new.
Overall good place to work
Lending Specialist/Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
NO issues with BMO. just looking to advance my career within the AML field. Currently working at the Contact Centre in Mississuga, the job itself as a lending specialist I've learned alot. Looking to take the next step forward.