BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast Paced Environment
Senior Manager, Corporate Treasury (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: Grat learning environment
Cons: N/A
With continuing regulatory changes impacting the financial industry, BMO Financial Group has taken on a leadership role with respect to its overall strategy and development. There are strong leaders at BMO who are great mentors to their subordinates.
Professional workplace
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: less growth
+Pull daily team report and assigned work to team members; ensure per-defined Service Level Standards (SLA) is met in all queues

+Reviewing e-mails of Department Inbox. Take ownership of escalated issues and ensure issue seen to completion by communicating with branches and contributing information; discussing regarding missing requirement; ensure all responses are professional, appropriate and accurate.

+Update different account type as per provided documents in different application (RIS, ADP, FILENET, ...)

+Resolving escalated issue that my manager ask me to review. Provide feedback

+Identifying potential risk situations and communicating them to internal regulatory bodies such as Compliance, Risk or legal Dept. Ensure

+Playing a lead role in maintaining communication with the branches regarding the Re-Documentation project and working with work flow coordinators to address and resolve complex inquiries
Senior Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, onMarch 18, 2015
I enjoyed working here, the employees were friendly, helpful and professional. I would definately recommond my friends. I learned lots of application and got my hands on. I enjoyed my time working at BMO.
A place to learn
Analyst, Governance & Oversight (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2015
First job out of school so involved a lot of learning.

Extra support for education

Fun team to work in

Hardest and most enjoyable part was dealing with other teams
Relaxed work environment but slow to hire/promote, and stingy with salaries
Analyst, Securitization Finance and Operations (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2015
Office is very easy to work in, but they simply don't pay their employees enough. Could work for smaller companies that pay far more.
Good work life balance
Technical Specialist Business Intelligence (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2015
Good work life balance for a Bank. Life is easy if you know the stuff you are doing. No job security however. Co-workers are very helpful though and other teams are very supportive
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 6, 2015
CIBC was a great experience for me. Customer centric and staff oriented. Work life balance is key to the success of the organization
hardworking, productive, time sensitive
Analyst (Current Employee), toronto, onFebruary 28, 2015
BMO Capital Markets is a very time sensitive atmosphere. There is a high stress on accuracy and efficiency. Back office operations based.
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 12, 2015
Currently employed here. Do not want to review.
Looking for challenge from different workplace. Great people and great training.
Fun, productive place to work with great people.
Premier Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free coffee, tea and drinks.
Cons: long hours on some days
Each day is different with all sorts of issues coming up that we haven' t faced before, my favorite part of the job.
I try and learn something new everyday.
Management is very relaxed as long as the job gets done and clients are happy.
Work with some of the smartest people I know.
Hard part is dealing with frustrated users but it's part of the job and you have to be ready to deal with different people and situations and adapt.
Love coming in to work everyday. It's an very professional and creative place to work at in the middle of busy downtown.
Good company
Program Delivery Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Large organization, nice work culture, structured and organized. A reputable company to work within. Would recommend to work there.
Best job I have had so far
Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), 4100 Gordon Baker Rd in ScarboroughFebruary 3, 2015
I've learned AD ,dealing with customer's on a daily basis,the most enjoyable part was working with a great manager, and great team of desktop analyst.
Life at BMO
Project Application Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
A great company to work for; enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly people. A positive work environment and many opportunities to grow and excel.
A great place to work
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Collaborative and welcoming Financial Institution. Dedicated and professional employees. A great place to work.
Terrible Place To Work
CSR (Former Employee), MeadowvaleJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefits start from day one of your training
Cons: infinite amount read notes
CSR - Mississauga/Meadowvale

(IMO)Cons:

- They mislead you in the interview process by not disclosing the primary duty which is selling and the inflated prospects of moving up within the broad BMO organization.

- For those considering this position as an entry into the BMO organization for the purpose of upgrading to a more substantial position within the organization. There is chance to move within the building but very little if you seek a more substantial role within the broad BMO organization e.g. downtown Toronto office

- Ridiculous sales/call targets

- Irrational measuring practices to evaluate your performance.

- Pettiness, extreme politics and combined with inflated egos/false sense of authority creates a toxic work environment

- Majority of employees are extremely unhappy

- Poor management - very unprofessional, disrespectful, poorly trained and not qualified to be in their position.

- Many significant roles are outside hires from different organizations which can be deflating to those long tenured employees seeking to "work their way up the ladder"

- No work life balance

- Dead end job and not a career

- Bait and switch - first 3weeks in training they're really welcoming, nice, provide snacks but reality sinks in after that.

(IMO)Pros:

- Full benefits start from day one of your training

- If you're looking for an immediate short term paycheck this may be adequate but long term employment, in my opinion would be a mistake

- Most fellow employees(non-management) were very nice, smart and capable. Actually, there was a lot of very talented, loyal and hard working people there but evaluators(management) very incompetent and not able to recognize talent. Thus the high turnover.
Worst company i've ever worked for. BMO is a used-car sales lot of a bank.
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 1, 2014
Pros: lunchtime, leaving to go home.
Cons: going to work, being micromanaged beyond belief, insane sales targets.
I was so micromanaged I went insane working for BMO. Co-Workers all hated their jobs and were actively applying elsewhere. There were at least 3 micro-managed meeting per day with managers checking how many sales calls you've made, how many bank accounts you've setup and how much money you've moved into BMO funds, and how many meetings you've have. If you don't meet your targets things get ugly - and the sad part is that the targets are very unrealistic. This leads to being forced to stay late many nights to make sales calls (cold calls) to people with bank accounts at BMO. Overall a very horrible experience, I wish I never worked for BMO. It is sad that BMO only cares about sales targets and doesn't give a hoot about customers - I know, i've been down the rabbit hole.
US Corporate Lending BMO Chicago & Harris Bank Chicago
Manager US Client Services BMO Chicago (Former Employee), Head Office - Toronto, ON & Chicago Ill.November 11, 2014
Pros: it allowed me to work in both the us (when required) and canada, was a great opportunity to enhance my resume in the field of corporate lending.
Cons: longevity of our positions were driven by the us economic market, there were a number of layoffs during the recession, this prompted bmo to close down their toronto office in the us corporate lending division in 2009.
The BMO US Corporate Lending position was fast paced and allowed me to led complex, rapidly changing Media and Energy markets assigned to both Canadian and U.S. Corporate Loan Portfolios. The daily monetary movement of funds was in the 100 of millions and allow me to direct strategic objectives for specialized lending support in structuring and servicing 500+ large, complex corporate loans for Bank of Montreal, Harris Bank, and Nesbitt Burns that include corporate and mid market direct loans, loan syndication and secure lines of business.
Productive but not much fun
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2014
Cons: meetings, meetings and more meetings
There is a an overwhelming amount of meetings. Most meetings seem to be not necessary however management believes the meetings are.
Productive environment
Sr. Project Manager IT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: no perks, no work/life balance
Co-workers supportive - most enjoyable part of job
Compulsory after hours - no work/life balance
No perks - holidays, lunches
More projects managed well, the more project were assigned - have to ask to limit # of projects in order to be successful.
Great place to begin your career!
PRICING ANALYST (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Great place to learn and begin your career in the financial services industry.

1 2 3 4

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos