BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
very stressfull
Full-time CSR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
good place to learn; good benefits; low salary; unpaid long hours; difficult to move up if no connections to the right people even if you have good results; stressful environment
Great employer
SrAdminAssistant & JrBusinessAnalyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 5, 2016
Large corporation environment with very little room for advancement, but offers full benefits package and competitive salary.
great people to work with
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: micro management
call center, great people, banking, mastercard, work with many departments, learn a lot about money, good benefits, nice building to work in although there were no good lunch options (small cafeteria that closes early).
Manager (Project Delivery, PMO) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Good work place. Great opportunity for learning . Challenging projects to work with. Good Benefits. Secured Job. Good job culture. Highly co-operative employers
Fun and fast paced
Personal Banking & MasterCard Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2015
Pros: learning opportunities, networking
Cons: work advancement
BMO has taught me the importance of managing finance. I have learned to personally manage my own and the benefits of product knowledge.

Through my work experience I have strengthened my communication skills and had the opportunity to work in various departments. I've expanded my networking contacts and throughout the year have had the privilege of working with many wonderful colleagues in the same role and in management roles.
Reporting Analyst - Contract (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Good place to work as have good work life balance. Good opportunities to grow. Managers are very understanding. Good benefits
Disgusting work politics, horrible management, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Medical & dental benefits, discounts at a variety of other organizations

Cons: Worst. Management. Ever. Manager talks about each employee behind their backs. Promotions given to those he 'really likes' if you know what I mean. Manager is rarely in branch, asks employees to do his work without giving a pay raise or promotion. Was told about how much 'advancement' there is when in reality unless you wear a short dress to work every day, don't expect anything. Overall just a horrible experience in pretty much every way.
Poor training, no support!
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: everything else
In this company there is no more humanity. Employees are just numbers. If you don't meet your target there is no respect.
Not enough training, no support and basically you are on your own.
Super micro management.
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Online Planning and Strategy Manager, eChannel (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2015
Great company, great benefits and people. Great work-life balance. Ideal place to start or grow your career. I have always been encouraged to learn and advance my personal growth. Great support system if you ask for it. Strong Canadian institution.
Processing Clerk
Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: RRSP benefits with health and dental, working with a team; work part-time
Cons: Job position no longer exists and has been transferred elsewhere
Typical day was processing mail from various banks. Learned how to type faster, to build team skills, to build efficiency skills, and to reconcile inconsistent data. Management was wonderful and supportive. Co-workers were friendly, approachable and fun to work with. Hardest part of the job was the dust and developing an allergy to dust and continually paper-cuts. Most enjoyable part of the job was sorting, data entry and helping the team to finish on time.
terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: no real work
Cons: managers and boss arent very good
long hours very little pay for such an important building.didnt learn much. management was terrible, co-worker were okay but dont share what going on in your personal life with them, they will rat you out, hardest part of the job was the long hours. most enjoyable part was going home
Great Workplace
Client Service & Solutions Delivery Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Challenging and always exciting
Cons: Stressful and Long Hours
BMO Capital Markets is a fun environment to work in. The atmosphere is fast paced and always challenging. There's a lot to learn and the prospects of growth and advancement is tremendous.
Quality work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2015
Supportive management and genuinely committed coworkers at small local branch. Great range of benefits and customer perks.
Productive and friendly environment
Senior Proxy Support Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2015
I was an active member in the implementation of bluecoat proxy throughout BMO replacing ISA.Main challenges were to transform all the rules created in ISA to be migrated to bluecoat and make them work properly according to the Work orders.Several times pressure arrived during the migration period due to error in the proxy rules being implemented in Bluecoat according to proxy.lots of calls emails and tickets were raised by end users for not being able to access several important sites which were available from ISA but not after bluecoat proxy.Resolving all those issues handling customer complain,getting hold of the customer,taking live packet capturing from customers pc while problem arrived for sites being not accessible.These data were needed for troubleshooting.It was indeed a great experience for me to learn about both ISA and bluecoat proxy's.
excellent experience
Information Security (CLM) Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Very nice company culture and interesting job.

Got experience in integrating and working with Log Management and Enterprise Security Event Management Systems (ArcSight, Splunk, HPAM), competent to combine event correlation and security analytics to identify threats and manage risk, and to conduct audit/compliance activities
Customer Service with security
Garda Security Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Management is great & you always work with a partner
Cons: Long hours with less pay
- Access Control
- Customer Service
- Normal Patrols
- Writing Reports
- Alarm Testing

Working at the BMO as a GardaWorld Security Officer is great. You get tons of experience in the corporate security aspect. You get to deal with a lot of incidents such as, medical emergencies, access control rejects, patrols, alarms, etc. The hardest part of this job are the 7 day straight work schedule, it could be either day shifts or nights. But you get use to it and it becomes easy after. Best part about working at BMO is that you are always working with a partner so time goes by fast and it is always team work.
Worst place I ever worked at.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 16, 2016
Pros: Benefits and people I worked with.
Cons: Unfair treatment, unjust firings, harassment, bullying in the workplace, pretty much everything.
The job write up sounds like you'd actually be analyzing something when in fact it's a glorified call center. Run like a slave shop where people don't matter. You're only in number.
Management can get away with anything they want including giving you your walking papers, they just call it not meeting the expectations of the job but they don't tell you specifically where you went wrong. You have to excel at everything or be close friends with management. They need a union badly to stop the unfairness. Unless you're desperate pass on this. BMO might be good in other departments but not this one.
Then they have coaching sessions that leave you feeling like you're a piece of dirt when it's done and you can get these weekly. Definitely not worth any money they would want to pay.
A challenging, busy work place, that provides the oppourtunity to feel that you have accomplished something each and everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2016
As a long term associate with BMO, I have stayed in my current role as my greatest pleasure is with the interaction I get to have with my customers each and everyday.

With my tenure and history with BMO, I am frequently called upon to provide guidence and support to many of the staff and management with in my branch. It is a source of satisfaction to know that my knowledge is a valuable assest to the workplace. l
A progressive organization with room for growth
Client Service/ Admin (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Pros: Enhancement on my communication, organization and prioritization skills
Cons: The commute was too far from home
I will start my day by ensuring our investment Daily Rates were successfully emailed to all brokers registered with BMO and follow-up with any outstanding inquiries from the day before.
Provided clients and advisors/ dealers on existing accounts information and on new purchases of investments in Mutual Funds, Advisor Deposit and Registered Term.
Verification of accurate information on cheques distributed to clients and advisors/ dealers.
Provided professional and accurate account details on four different Lines of Business.
Provided the status on registrations, amendments and transfers of investments.
Provided reasons why BMO Retail transfers of investments were not successful to advisors/ brokers and receiving institutions representatives.
Best co-workers to work with
Représentative Service à la clientèle (RSC) (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: salary
My typical day at work is different everyday, as I have different tasks to do early morning. I would do all my task earliest possible, therefore I can put my full focus on serving the clients with all the time they need. Serving clients is the number one priority of my job. I do my best to make the client satisfied with all of their banking needs, and also I would propose products and solutions based on what they want.

The co-workers are extremely friendly, banking becomes a competitive as their are objectives to meet. However, in my branch we all get along really well. We offer help to solve a client's problem. Coach each other on how we can perform better and gain better results.
Links