BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
fun and productive environment
Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
● Getting real life experience by helping students at Georgian College.
● Answering a variety of questions by phone, email and in person regarding:
● Printer and computer troubleshooting(Macs, and windows computers) passwords, accessing the databases from off campus, registering new materials, and placing holds on specific items.
● Helped users with printers, copiers, scanners and video preview equipment
very isolated environment with very little support and training.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I was provided with little training and the environment is very isolated. The first thing you always get asked is 'are you a contractor or full-time" and as soon as you say you are a contractor, they will completely disregard you. Management barely replies to your emails and once you are out, they can't even bother to provide with your items back. By far, the worst employer I have ever worked for.
Collaborative and fun atmosphere
Data & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
My typical day at work was simply coming in to work and conducting ad-hoc requests to best assist those with data-based queries. In addition to this I also did prepare reports and assist with monthly metrics via preparing the appropriate data. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the atmosphere was highly collaborative as I was able to get and give help where required.
Pros
great people
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Working for BMO is like being at home. I loved how BMOs values are not centralized to a customer/company relationship, but rather a relationship you can fee comfortable with.

My typical day consisted of establishing a relationship with our clients by giving them the tools and services BMO offers to manage their money. I took pride as a customer service representative (bank teller) because it made me enjoy interacting with every day people in the area.

My coworkers were easy to get along with and a great team.
Pros
interpersonal relationship with people, more than just a 'bank'
Cons
slow to advance, too focused on selling MasterCards
productive and a fun environment
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I was mostly busy filing, I also did data entries.(excel, etc)
Everyone was very respectful even though i was the youngest there. I felt very happy in that environment and felt that i was important to the organization.
It took a long time to reach there. But it was the experience at BMO which really matters to me.
The hardest part of my job was that i had to learn a lot of different programs in order to do my work.
Motivation is the most important thing! that helped me to keep enjoying what i did at BMO.
Pros
free snacks
Overall I a good place to work
Investigative and Security Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloor st west29 November 2016
Overall BMO is a good place to work and recommend anyone to work. Bad apples are everywhere but there are a lot of good apples as well.

Learned a lot with colleagues and good leaders,
Bad leaders who thinks they own the bank and leading according their own instincts give bad image of the company.
Pros
Benefits and colleagues
Cons
Egoistic leaders
Unique and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC9 September 2016
This was a job where everyone who approached my wicket had a different request, some small some large. This combine with the joy of customer service made the days zip by. The challenging and creative problem solving that had to be applied on a daily basis were great for keeping the mental stimuli there and of course balancing at the end of the day and having those numbers match up was always a great pat on the back
General absence of purpose or vision
Manager, Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Nice people, but this is not a profession. Due to the general lack of real world skills, their employees struggle every step of getting anything done, except for participating in meetings and effectively managing up and laterally. Also they have a horrible culture of not picking up phones and not replying to emails.
positive and outgoing place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 August 2016
Worked at the Bank of Montreal since 1997 scheduling was focused around family and babysitting, very satisfied with the work schedule time goes by fast regarding fast paced envirorment courses you can take to work your way up the ladder for example become a manager
Pros
perferred rate on mastercard recieve airmiles for doing banking
Cons
breaks could be longer
Fast paced environment/Great tools provided for new learners
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
-fast paced
-management is not organized
-hard to work in a branch with very minimal staff
-enjoy customer facing interactions, coaching the team and to work hard towards becoming the best of the best in the district area
-work/life balance is terrible
-overworked and not over-manged
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets
Hostile environment, unapproachable management, don't waste your skills here
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2016
(Reviewing BMO Nesbitt Burns) For myself and on behalf of many colleagues, not a good experience at all. Short-sighted, tight-fisted, unapproachable managers caused great tension between groups and made it a hostile environment. The company preaches diversity and openness to new ideas, but the firm's actions say otherwise. Hard-working employees are not recognized and old, traditional ways of thinking are rewarded. For the love of god, don't work here and waste your skills in such a thankless environment!!
Pros
Benefits, share program, pension
Cons
Tight-fisted management, old way of thinking, hard work not recognized
fulfilling and a great learning experience at all levels
Database Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
Working at BMO has a productive, exciting, diverse and fun experience in many aspects. The teams I was part of were exceptionally enjoyable to work with.
Pros
excellent education and technical environment with possibilities to learn, contribute and be challenged
Cons
Hard to pinpoint any downside
Productive, fun workplace, nice benefits
Loan Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2016
I have worked with BMO Financial Group for less than a year now and I really enjoy it. The people are great and its a very productive atmosphere. Loan collections can be hard sometimes when having to deal with certain individuals but overall the drive to achieve gets me through the day.
Pros
Free lunches, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Short breaks
Good people
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB20 September 2016
Great people to work with. management can be a different story. Some issues with disability accommodation, so they seem to do poorly with that. The staff are all great people at every branch I have worked at.
Pros
Free training, easy to advance your career
Cons
poor accommodation for disabled, poorly staffed branches
Un-organized
High Risk Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 July 2016
I was able to learn how to work in a new environment while meeting many individuals. However the organization lacked a lot of organization. They're internal systems require a lot of updates. Great learning experience from a young professional stand-point.
Pros
2 weeks paid for christmas, flexibility with employment
Cons
Un-organized, old systems, not very friendly atmosphere
Developed me into who I am today
Senior resource within the Premier Support team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2016
BMO ranks very high on best employers to work for in Canada, and I can certainly understand why.
In my role I was given the reign to be self sufficient, and flourish in my field. Team ethic is high, and it enabled me to learn from others and network with many.
The company believes in self improvement, and allowed for secondments and educational courses, which I have certainly taken advantage of.
Pros
no silos, colleagues, environment
Cons
a lot of services outsourced to 3rd party
Productive work place, excellent team.
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 August 2016
Fast paced work environment and challenging at times
I have build great customer base and knowledge of banking and how to meet clients needs by being attentive. I have learned the skill of listening and asking the appropriate questions. How to handle conflict efficiently. I have learned to manage peers and I have help build a team that works collaboratively together to exceed excellent customer service.
The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to help all the clients in the same day due to branch operating hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping clients meet their financial goals and helping the branch succeed in their revenue targets. The interaction with people of all social races is exciting and fulfilling.
Pros
Engaging with clients and peers.
Cons
Could be very stressful at times.