BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Good place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2016
Good place to work.
Learned a lot from BMO.
Have very nice people to work with.
The environment is perfect. matured structure
Review
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2016
Great leadership and experience. One of the best teams to work with in my career. Culture was positive and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this company to individuals looking to start a career at a financial institution.
Pros
Felxible management
Cons
Limited systems for analysis
Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant/Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BCJune 18, 2016
Great management. High demanding and high pressure working enviroment. Can learn a lot from work. Process and procedure are quite out dated.
I was lucky to work in a nice team
QA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
Flexible time to start and leave work.
Typical day at work: reading/answer emails, short meetings in the morning, start testing in laboratory, open/close/retest issue or create test cases, sending updates at the end of the day.
sad regretful and disappointing experience after working many years
financial service manager (Former Employee) –  BCJune 9, 2016
the pay is low with high targets every year since year one. promotion only if you have connections .it does not matter what you actually achieved in the past on paper or what your financial education level is. unfair and stressful job. I regret working for this company for many years. A waste of my time.
Pros
some benefits i.e. dental
Cons
high targets and very little recognition if you exceed your high targets
micromanagment
Everyday Banking Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2016
If your on a call and lets say your assisting a senior citizen and they don't remember their passwords yet you secure their identity via other methods provided by BMO and the call ends up taking longer than 2 min that are required than why are their manager hovering over your shoulder to ask whats taking so long? if thats the case why not create an easier secure validation system that can make things easier for clients like seniors who eventually get frustrated trying to answer questions regarding their last 3 transactions.
Pros
good training program
Cons
no consecutive days off, micromanaged enviornment that doesn't allow reps to perform or be creative, very weak upper management, poorly run company from top to bottom
Fast Pace Call Center
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 6, 2016
A normal day consist of me taking at least 77 calls mitigating risk on each and every call. Making payment plans with customers to bring their account up to date such as mastercards, lines of credit and mortgages as well as vehicle loans. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to help out a customer going through a hard time. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a client who is constantly swearing at you and wont give you a chance to talk.
Pros
Great shift, My colleagues
Cons
Low Salary
Fun
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 2, 2016
I had never worked as an executive receptionist before however it was fun and allowed me to work on my time management skills and organizational skills. It was fun, and the environment was warm and friendly, which made me feel very welcome.
It was just ok.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 31, 2016
I worked there as an intern for 6 months and didn't learn much due to the fact that I was assigned to a financial advisor who had no interest in having an intern.

My typical day included doing marketing research for the advisor and doing data entry for the branch administrator.

The best part of the job was getting to know my fellow interns and learning a little about the financial services industry.

The hardest part was wanting to learn more but not getting the proper guidance from those in charge.
just not at branches
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 31, 2016
Call Centre is a great place to work but not branches.
Branches has no customer services; it is all about sales sales sales.
You can be the least ethical person but still get promoted if you somehow get the sale
Fun Place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Invermere, BCMay 30, 2016
Great place to work. Fun, exciting with great ability to progress within the company. Would highly recommended BMO for a place of employment.
Nope.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 30, 2016
I wouldn't ever work for them again selling credit cards. The supervisor was two faces and the pay was horrible. They'll fire you asap if you don't meet their quota
Great Work Environment
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 28, 2016
Perks:
Summer hours - you get to get off 2 hours early
Vacation hours - 3 weeks paid vacation
Everyone really friendly -close knit group
Early hours 7am -3pm - get off early lots of free time
All about data
Sr BA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 27, 2016
Great company to work for: stress free (not used to this), calm, yet productive and very professional. I guess it all comes down to your manager, I personally had happiest contract in years.
Thank you very much for that.
Competitive workspace, cooperative colleagues
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2016
Love working for BMO, they have great salary structure and incentive pay for performance is lucrative.
This is essentially a dignified sales job but financial knowledge is eminent for success. It is also imperative to have self discipline to excel and out perform.
Great team
Client Relationship Management Analyst (contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 29, 2016
Great team and good culture at the Toronto office. Management was available for discussions and were very supportive of the employees.
Productive, Interactive, Qualitative
QA / UAT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Fun working among friendly team
Collaboration from Management and cross functional teams is exceptional.
Demonstrate and appreciate the work done
Great company and ample resources to expand your knowledge
QA (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
- BMO has a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time" and the workload is pretty consistent.
- BMO has been a great place to work. With any growing company, there have been moments of stress but through strong leadership and a clear mission, BMO has been an amazing place to work.
- The challenges are daily and varied and leave me satisfied.
- I have grown a lot working here and see a lot of potential for more in the future.
- The culture is wonderful and employees are encouraged to be innovators.
Highly functional company with solid management.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Very committed teams that work very long work days. High dedication to the work and to their team. Teams are all self-sufficient with minimal management required. Sense of community is strong.
people focus
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Organization with a Stellar reputation. truly walks the walk when it comes to 'helping' customers. as a culture BMO is customer centric, and this trickles down every level of the organization. Management is people focussed, it has a good culture and drive individuals to perform better and rewards in line with performance.