BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

great place
Commercial/Personal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 December 2016
great environment to work with and very positive collaegues and great managers who support you and want the best for you and your career development.
Overall I a good place to work
Investigative and Security Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloor st west29 November 2016
Overall BMO is a good place to work and recommend anyone to work. Bad apples are everywhere but there are a lot of good apples as well.

Learned a lot with colleagues and good leaders,
Bad leaders who thinks they own the bank and leading according their own instincts give bad image of the company.
Pros
Benefits and colleagues
Cons
Egoistic leaders
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
office environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
a typical day at work, lots of printing, photocopying and inputing data into the excel spread sheet. Opening new accounts for clients.
filings documents .
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
7.5 hours
Great place to work!
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my time here, as well as the opportunities given and experience gained. Great teammates and a great place to grow and begin a career.
Productive and Efficient work environment
FINANCIAL PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2016
-Great company to work for
-Welcoming and collaborative environment
-Results oriented
-Challenging
-Great team work
-customer focused
-Enjoyable
-Educational
A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets
Manager hassles
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON7 November 2016
I loved my job but I got harassesed by the manager daily. I think managers have to be chosen more carefully and that they should know of the consequences should there be workplace harassment
work experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2016
It temporary position help with phone call, greeting clients,other task.I enjoyed working there with friendly co-workers. learned to manage time and leaned to multi task.
Pros
nice friendly environment
fun and productive environment
Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
● Getting real life experience by helping students at Georgian College.
● Answering a variety of questions by phone, email and in person regarding:
● Printer and computer troubleshooting(Macs, and windows computers) passwords, accessing the databases from off campus, registering new materials, and placing holds on specific items.
● Helped users with printers, copiers, scanners and video preview equipment
General absence of purpose or vision
Manager, Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Nice people, but this is not a profession. Due to the general lack of real world skills, their employees struggle every step of getting anything done, except for participating in meetings and effectively managing up and laterally. Also they have a horrible culture of not picking up phones and not replying to emails.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 October 2016
BMO Bank of Montreal is a great company to work for. I have had great managers in my years at BMO. I am currently on maternity leave, and I am looking to start something new.
Overall good place to work
Lending Specialist/Personal Banking Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2016
NO issues with BMO. just looking to advance my career within the AML field. Currently working at the Contact Centre in Mississuga, the job itself as a lending specialist I've learned alot. Looking to take the next step forward.
Work
Financial Associate (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Not micromanaging too much which is good. Great people to work with. Flexible range of hours to work (can come early or later). Work is not very hard in my opinion.
Fast paced environment/Great tools provided for new learners
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
-fast paced
-management is not organized
-hard to work in a branch with very minimal staff
-enjoy customer facing interactions, coaching the team and to work hard towards becoming the best of the best in the district area
-work/life balance is terrible
-overworked and not over-manged
very isolated environment with very little support and training.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I was provided with little training and the environment is very isolated. The first thing you always get asked is 'are you a contractor or full-time" and as soon as you say you are a contractor, they will completely disregard you. Management barely replies to your emails and once you are out, they can't even bother to provide with your items back. By far, the worst employer I have ever worked for.
Collaborative and fun atmosphere
Data & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
My typical day at work was simply coming in to work and conducting ad-hoc requests to best assist those with data-based queries. In addition to this I also did prepare reports and assist with monthly metrics via preparing the appropriate data. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the atmosphere was highly collaborative as I was able to get and give help where required.
Pros
great people
BMO Financial Group
Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montreal21 September 2016
During my time working for BMO, I have learned a lot about the banking world and was given the chance to work for a corporation that really focuses on customer satisfaction and performance.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Working for BMO is like being at home. I loved how BMOs values are not centralized to a customer/company relationship, but rather a relationship you can fee comfortable with.

My typical day consisted of establishing a relationship with our clients by giving them the tools and services BMO offers to manage their money. I took pride as a customer service representative (bank teller) because it made me enjoy interacting with every day people in the area.

My coworkers were easy to get along with and a great team.
Pros
interpersonal relationship with people, more than just a 'bank'
Cons
slow to advance, too focused on selling MasterCards