BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews in Canada

Great employer
SrAdminAssistant & JrBusinessAnalyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 5, 2016
Large corporation environment with very little room for advancement, but offers full benefits package and competitive salary.
excellent experience
Information Security (CLM) Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 8, 2016
Very nice company culture and interesting job.

Got experience in integrating and working with Log Management and Enterprise Security Event Management Systems (ArcSight, Splunk, HPAM), competent to combine event correlation and security analytics to identify threats and manage risk, and to conduct audit/compliance activities
Manager (Project Delivery, PMO) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2016
Good work place. Great opportunity for learning . Challenging projects to work with. Good Benefits. Secured Job. Good job culture. Highly co-operative employers
Fun and fast paced
Personal Banking & MasterCard Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 9, 2015
BMO has taught me the importance of managing finance. I have learned to personally manage my own and the benefits of product knowledge.

Through my work experience I have strengthened my communication skills and had the opportunity to work in various departments. I've expanded my networking contacts and throughout the year have had the privilege of working with many wonderful colleagues in the same role and in management roles.
Pros
learning opportunities, networking
Cons
work advancement
terrible
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 31, 2016
long hours very little pay for such an important building.didnt learn much. management was terrible, co-worker were okay but dont share what going on in your personal life with them, they will rat you out, hardest part of the job was the long hours. most enjoyable part was going home
Pros
no real work
Cons
managers and boss arent very good
Great Workplace
Client Service & Solutions Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
BMO Capital Markets is a fun environment to work in. The atmosphere is fast paced and always challenging. There's a lot to learn and the prospects of growth and advancement is tremendous.
Pros
Challenging and always exciting
Cons
Stressful and Long Hours
great people to work with
Personal Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 5, 2016
call center, great people, banking, mastercard, work with many departments, learn a lot about money, good benefits, nice building to work in although there were no good lunch options (small cafeteria that closes early).
Pros
great people
Cons
micro management
very stressfull
Full-time CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2016
good place to learn; good benefits; low salary; unpaid long hours; difficult to move up if no connections to the right people even if you have good results; stressful environment
Strong team environment and many opportunities to grow
Senior Man, Business Continuity (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 26, 2015
Strong team environment and many opportunities to grow. Strong risk management culture and diverse team members. Coworkers are very supportive and do their part when required.
Pros
Progressive staff
Cons
Frequent organizational changes
Customer Service with security
Garda Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 2, 2015
- Access Control
- Customer Service
- Normal Patrols
- Writing Reports
- Alarm Testing

Working at the BMO as a GardaWorld Security Officer is great. You get tons of experience in the corporate security aspect. You get to deal with a lot of incidents such as, medical emergencies, access control rejects, patrols, alarms, etc. The hardest part of this job are the 7 day straight work schedule, it could be either day shifts or nights. But you get use to it and it becomes easy after. Best part about working at BMO is that you are always working with a partner so time goes by fast and it is always team work.
Pros
Management is great & you always work with a partner
Cons
Long hours with less pay
A challenging, busy work place, that provides the oppourtunity to feel that you have accomplished something each and everyday.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 7, 2016
As a long term associate with BMO, I have stayed in my current role as my greatest pleasure is with the interaction I get to have with my customers each and everyday.

With my tenure and history with BMO, I am frequently called upon to provide guidence and support to many of the staff and management with in my branch. It is a source of satisfaction to know that my knowledge is a valuable assest to the workplace. l
Different environments in one big corporation
Manager Operations & Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2016
I had the opportunity to work in two different divisions of BMO and I enjoyed very much one more than the other.
While in one division the environment was friendly, equal for all employees and fair, in the other division it was a competitive environment, with not much opportunity to progress
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Competitive greedy people
Disgusting work politics, horrible management, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: Medical & dental benefits, discounts at a variety of other organizations

Cons: Worst. Management. Ever. Manager talks about each employee behind their backs. Promotions given to those he 'really likes' if you know what I mean. Manager is rarely in branch, asks employees to do his work without giving a pay raise or promotion. Was told about how much 'advancement' there is when in reality unless you wear a short dress to work every day, don't expect anything. Overall just a horrible experience in pretty much every way.
productive
Credit Risk Management analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
a typical day at work, at time stress can be high, very welcoming job culture, co-workers are really nice. No set schedule therefore if you are finished with your projects, you can relax, go out for coffee or at times even go home early.
Pros
lots of employee interaction
Cons
stress
Reporting Analyst - Contract (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Good place to work as have good work life balance. Good opportunities to grow. Managers are very understanding. Good benefits
Worst place I ever worked at.
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 16, 2016
The job write up sounds like you'd actually be analyzing something when in fact it's a glorified call center. Run like a slave shop where people don't matter. You're only in number.
Management can get away with anything they want including giving you your walking papers, they just call it not meeting the expectations of the job but they don't tell you specifically where you went wrong. You have to excel at everything or be close friends with management. They need a union badly to stop the unfairness. Unless you're desperate pass on this. BMO might be good in other departments but not this one.
Then they have coaching sessions that leave you feeling like you're a piece of dirt when it's done and you can get these weekly. Definitely not worth any money they would want to pay.
Pros
Benefits and people I worked with.
Cons
Unfair treatment, unjust firings, harassment, bullying in the workplace, pretty much everything.
A progressive organization with room for growth
Client Service/ Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
I will start my day by ensuring our investment Daily Rates were successfully emailed to all brokers registered with BMO and follow-up with any outstanding inquiries from the day before.
Provided clients and advisors/ dealers on existing accounts information and on new purchases of investments in Mutual Funds, Advisor Deposit and Registered Term.
Verification of accurate information on cheques distributed to clients and advisors/ dealers.
Provided professional and accurate account details on four different Lines of Business.
Provided the status on registrations, amendments and transfers of investments.
Provided reasons why BMO Retail transfers of investments were not successful to advisors/ brokers and receiving institutions representatives.
Pros
Enhancement on my communication, organization and prioritization skills
Cons
The commute was too far from home
Working with Updated Technology
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown BranchOctober 11, 2015
Help customers for their Everyday banking & Business Banking needs.
Help customers to Invest Money in Term GIC 's and Progressive GIC's
Recommend Mutual Funds Solutions to suitable clients and refer them to the Branch Financial Planner for their Retirement & Estate Planning.
Help customers in their Home & Personal Financial needs.
Provide solutions for Registered savings plans RESP for Customers
Resolve customer issues in professional manner.
Help Branch staff for opening & closing procedure in the branch.
Work as an officer in charge for extended banking hours whenever Manager & Assistant Branch Manager not available.
Help Branch manager to organize business promotion events and community fund raising projects like Kids Help Phone
excellent place
Technical analyst and project coordinator (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 20, 2015
an amazing place to work, teams and management are very cooperative and great work life balance. great opportunities to learn different technologies and operations
Bmo
Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 16, 2016
Excellent work environment, very great people to work with and everyone is always professional at all times. Lots of room for
advancement within the organization