BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

A positive work environment with nice people
Fraud Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
A typical day working with BMO would include checking emails to see the current fraud trends for the past day. We are always learning day to day with how fraudsters change their patterns. The hardest part of my job would have to be explaining to the elderly about their account situation and how fraud possibly ended up on their account. The most enjoyable part of my job is saving the bank money by
stopping fraud before it occurs.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Working on holidays due to the department being 24hrs
A well balanced workplace
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario28 January 2017
A working environment were we worked very hard and had fun doing so.
Excellent team work and great support from Managers, resulting in a strong gift for bonding with people and building trusted relationships.
High work ethics with an unfailing positive attitude with a smile in all situations and circumstances.
Ensuring executive's time is always well managed and prioritizing their tasks at an optimal level, as administratively if all is well taken care off , at times the product of my work becomes part of someone else's and this in turn helps in the recognition of the success of the organization.
Customer service oriented job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON22 February 2017
First thing in the morning I had to load automated bank machines and unload deposits made in the ABM,s . Process night deposits. Prepare cash boxes , order cash , place orders for coins, I was also be responsible for cash orders and cash holdings in the branch. Be ready for customers after opening doors, greet customers with smile , thank them for coming to the branch , make sure they were always satisfied with my service . I always thank customer for their business and invite them to see them again. Before customer left I always asked if there is any think else I could help them. Alway introduce with banking information that customer would benefit from it.
Pros
Always be helpful to customers.
great fast paced environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB20 January 2017
In the 4.5 years that I worked for this company, I met many new people. I also learned many new things in the industry as a whole. The culture of the workplace wasn't always that pleasant based on some of the people that worked there, but I was always trying to change that aspect.

The hardest part of the job, was that when you were asked to do something 1 way, you would get told to do it another 2 min later, or they weren't happy with the results even though it was done correctly.

The best part of my job, was that I was able to communicate with so many customers. I had people that only wanted to deal with me because I always accomplished what they needed without any hesitation or problems.
Pros
free banking, and employee pricing on loans, etc...
Cons
wasn't a happy atmosphere
Photographing events
Photographe (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC23 November 2016
Its always fun to meet people, specially in fun events. I had the chance to take many pictures of many BMO bankers in Golf tournaments on the south shore. Have meet a lot of great people there. Taking pictures is really not as easy as it looks, specially when people are moving. You need to focus on the light and the poses.But it still a passion of mine so I think I had as much fun as they have playing golf and posing.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
A place worth for working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
A place that the best customer experience is provided.

Here we have a group of loyal employees who have worked for over twenty years as well as a group of passionate young professionals trying to explore their career possibilities. It's a diversified place and full of love. While I work as a Service Rep at back office, I work hard everyday to ensure all the Requests from branches have been started on investigation, and trying hard to minimize the timeline for finishing each of them.
Overall I a good place to work
Investigative and Security Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  bloor st west29 November 2016
Overall BMO is a good place to work and recommend anyone to work. Bad apples are everywhere but there are a lot of good apples as well.

Learned a lot with colleagues and good leaders,
Bad leaders who thinks they own the bank and leading according their own instincts give bad image of the company.
Pros
Benefits and colleagues
Cons
Egoistic leaders
Review Summary
Bilingual Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I found BMO to be exceptional employers and it embraces diversity. It looks into respecting every employee.
I look forward to servicing them again.
I enjoyed working and training at BMO it was truly interesting.
Pros
lunches are adaptable at least in the department where I worked
Cons
advancement is a challenge
fun and productive environment
Tier 1 Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 October 2016
● Getting real life experience by helping students at Georgian College.
● Answering a variety of questions by phone, email and in person regarding:
● Printer and computer troubleshooting(Macs, and windows computers) passwords, accessing the databases from off campus, registering new materials, and placing holds on specific items.
● Helped users with printers, copiers, scanners and video preview equipment
very isolated environment with very little support and training.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
I was provided with little training and the environment is very isolated. The first thing you always get asked is 'are you a contractor or full-time" and as soon as you say you are a contractor, they will completely disregard you. Management barely replies to your emails and once you are out, they can't even bother to provide with your items back. By far, the worst employer I have ever worked for.
Collaborative and fun atmosphere
Data & Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2016
My typical day at work was simply coming in to work and conducting ad-hoc requests to best assist those with data-based queries. In addition to this I also did prepare reports and assist with monthly metrics via preparing the appropriate data. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the atmosphere was highly collaborative as I was able to get and give help where required.
Pros
great people
General absence of purpose or vision
Manager, Strategic Analytics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Nice people, but this is not a profession. Due to the general lack of real world skills, their employees struggle every step of getting anything done, except for participating in meetings and effectively managing up and laterally. Also they have a horrible culture of not picking up phones and not replying to emails.
BMO and customer experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
Working at BMO is waking up in the morning looking forward to go to work. At BMO everyone works to achieve the same goal, everyone helps each other and we all give our best. There are no titles at work.
Pros
good environment; good career opportunities; good benefits
Cons
high competitivity; high targets
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
Working for BMO is like being at home. I loved how BMOs values are not centralized to a customer/company relationship, but rather a relationship you can fee comfortable with.

My typical day consisted of establishing a relationship with our clients by giving them the tools and services BMO offers to manage their money. I took pride as a customer service representative (bank teller) because it made me enjoy interacting with every day people in the area.

My coworkers were easy to get along with and a great team.
Pros
interpersonal relationship with people, more than just a 'bank'
Cons
slow to advance, too focused on selling MasterCards
alright place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Summerland, BC24 January 2017
I enjoyed working at bmo, and would probably still be there if I had the chance to advance, but I worked in a very small town and there was just no opportunity. Pay isn't great as a csr, but gets better as you move up.
Pros
free banking and special rates
Cons
low starting pay
productive and a fun environment
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2016
I was mostly busy filing, I also did data entries.(excel, etc)
Everyone was very respectful even though i was the youngest there. I felt very happy in that environment and felt that i was important to the organization.
It took a long time to reach there. But it was the experience at BMO which really matters to me.
The hardest part of my job was that i had to learn a lot of different programs in order to do my work.
Motivation is the most important thing! that helped me to keep enjoying what i did at BMO.
Pros
free snacks
summary
Risk Management Expert - loss mitigation (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 February 2017
a typical day at work consist of working the portfolio and managing calls with your clients. I learned a lot of information about the work and on ow to manage time effectively. management can use a bit of improvement. I enjoyed working with my teammates.
Bmo
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2017
Great company, however, some people in management are so far from the agents experience, that they cannot effectively coach. Depending on who you get as a manager, some tend to operate through favouritism.
Pros
Advancement, good culture
Cons
need to review management, could pay more
Fast paced environment/Great tools provided for new learners
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
-fast paced
-management is not organized
-hard to work in a branch with very minimal staff
-enjoy customer facing interactions, coaching the team and to work hard towards becoming the best of the best in the district area
-work/life balance is terrible
-overworked and not over-manged
Unique and Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC9 September 2016
This was a job where everyone who approached my wicket had a different request, some small some large. This combine with the joy of customer service made the days zip by. The challenging and creative problem solving that had to be applied on a daily basis were great for keeping the mental stimuli there and of course balancing at the end of the day and having those numbers match up was always a great pat on the back