BMO Financial Group

BMO Financial Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible employment experience
CSR (Former Employee), Southern ontarioFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: decent salary
Cons: terrible management
I worked there for 9 months and it nearly broke me. The expectations are ridiculous. You will never be good enough. And you get publicly shamed when you aren't reaching your targets. I am a single mom of 3 and I needed this job to support my family - but id much rather take a pay cut than put up with this abuse for another second.
Fast paced environment
Direct Banking Manager (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great colleagues and team environment.
Cons: high stress level, not enough employees to handle volume of customers.
A typical day consists of answering 11-12 phone calls per hour from customers who are either seeking information, making financial/non-financial transaction, adhering to new services/products, and any other inquiries. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the interaction with teammates and other colleagues. Co-workers were always very helpful – more... and social. The most difficult part is the high stress level caused by ever climbing sales objectives, as well as the lack of freedom regarding one's login time on the telephone. Being monitored at all times can lend a higher level of stress that necessary to accomplish one's goals. This position allowed me to learn how to work under pressure, but also how to work as a team. Sharing information and helping each other out became a daily routine with strengthened us. – less
Poor management
Commercial account manager (Current Employee), AlbertaFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: poor management; technology; and customer service
Terrible place to work, all upper management cares about is bottom line. Put profit before customer service at all levels. Definitely behind competitors in technology and processes. Employees leaving on a regular basis, moral very low, and has poor reputation in local area. Company is a follower and not a leader in the banking industry.
not enough money for me to even invest....hahahaha
CSR (Current Employee), Windsor OntarioJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: share matching
Cons: hourly wage just above minimum wage, part time but have to be available 5 days, hard to advance into full time
terrible place to work, looking for another job as i type,
all they care about is sales, even want you to suggest mastercards to 80 year old clients
everyday talks about phone calls, mastercards, booking referrals
managers are so miserable because of stress, they just put it on to employees
hate this job, co workers feel the same way
everyone upset – more... all the time, complaining about stress of sales
they pretend customer service is important but sales override everything,
was told by manager not to spend time on customers who have no money, only have personal conversations with people with big money to get their trust to invest with us
best part of job - leaving at the end of everyday
worst part of job - waking up only to realize its starting all over again
so much expected for 20000 a year, cant even afford to pay my bills nevermind invest ..... which is kind of funny when you think about what i do for a living – less
Sales, Sales, Sales
Customer Service Rep.(former) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 31, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay and sales targets are micromanaged
The only thing management cares about are your sales scores.If you dont meet your sales targets,you dont get any raises and you will not be considered for any other positions. Customer Service is a very distant second. Management are constantly harrassing staff to sale and if your sales are not up to par, you are ridiculed in front of other staff.
really low salaries, incentives very poor (less then 1%yrly)
collections (Current Employee), Mississauga, mccDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits, company shares for those who get paid well
Cons: low salaries, hard to advance, lack of good management
repetitive
unrealistic metric targets
Poor incentives
non commission
less then 1% yearly increases
sick days but not allowed to use them (yes they call you to come in after you call in sick)
pay docked for not clocking in on time but hey take your time leaving
"btw your review is due in 5 days but use up your lunch to complete it."
"Surprise, – more... we are changing your job description and youll have a heck of a time advancing now"
"Sorry guys i know we promised but; Pay freezes"
"im sorry we filled the position but your welcome to find it posted externally under contract thru an agency" – less
Tough work
Call Centre Agent/ Collection Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2013
Headaches...call centre is tough...

but everyone was respectful
Poor management, stressful not recommended, pay salary low
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), OntarioOctober 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: long hours with no pay for overtime, very stressful enviroment at all levels of bmo
Bmo has proven to be a company which only cares about their bottom line in revenue.
Do not care for about how their decisions will affect their staff of many loyal years and their livlihoods.
Would not recommend anyone to work for Bmo as the company expect lots of overtime for no pay, very stressful enviroment. Bank deserve a union to step in to protect – more... the rights of the staff of Bmo.
As far as customer service their business decisions will definitely affect the clients as they pay more service charges,have less staff to serve the clients. – less
micro management is the word!
FSM (Former Employee), Edmonton ABSeptember 23, 2013
Cons: extended hours, micro-management, horrible morale as everyone is fearful of keeping their jobs
revenue, revenue, revenue! that is all that matters to the management (senior level and at branch level).
I used to pride myself on my customer service skills, however you have to report everyday (sometimes 3x/day) how many outbound calls made, how many appts booked, how many sales booked/appt. etc........
Great place to work if you are a shark or an – more... aspiring "used car salesman" – less
Employee Benefits are attractive
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2013
It's challenging to get a promotion as they prefer to hire external candidates unless you are able to network your way up.
Excellent work environment
Derivatives Trader / Options Market Maker (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 15, 2013
Excellent work environment,

Lots of opportunity for growth
Great Company to work for
Investment Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2013
Great company that tries to develop it's people and foster their personal growth
Productive and fun place to work. Employees are Kind and understanding and helpful
INTERNSHIP-Service delivery (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 17, 2013
I am working on updating the Configuration Management Database, ensuring configuration items are accurate and updated. These records are used as input for Service Level Agreement Documents that contribute to defining a great customer service.
My conworkers are fun to work with and very helpful. The hardest part of the Job is the repetitive aspect, which – more... is also quite fun because with repetition comes expertise. – less
Edmonton now healing
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), EdmontonJuly 8, 2013
Pros: not many customers at my branch
Cons: lousy morale. no sr leadership vision
Our boss says that things should improve in edmonton as they got rid of the VP and that things should be better now with no VP. Im not sure but maybe as in 3 years here i never seen or met the vp anyways! Manager says at least no more intimidation, yelling and lack of support for Fsm's and CSRs, for being the worst in the country.

We work hard but – more... are always criticized for being the worst bank, lousy productive, and it is tough to work every day for an organization where the president to the vp to the Pbm to the manager and staff are ALWAYS critical and negative that all we do is not as good as TD OR ROYAL OR SCOTIA and its OUR fault for being so lousy.

The culture we hear at every meeting is: BMO is worst bank on many measures and its the staffs fault as we are lazy, stupid and dragging the bank down????

Everyone at our branch is set to quit or look at unionizing so that we can be treated Better! I don't want to work here anymore and don't recommend you do either! – less
FSR (Former Employee), Toronto, First Canadian Place, B1
SFSR - CAA, PCGPO (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 25, 2013
Pros: coordinators were much educated, knowlegable and helpful than manager
Cons: please find better quality manager for some of your caa department
Manager was not Loyal at all to the Company or to the employees .. All the time Manager was out for smoking and always lying all the time..That person really dose not deserve to be a Manager.
Average
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 18, 2013
This company has very good training program, which will prepare you for your future advancement.
Productive and Fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), North YorkJune 5, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: n/a
Job duties included, busy switchboard, faxes, couriers, admin

support & office errands.
Poor company culture/ Poor management
Financial Services (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONMay 2, 2013
Good salary and benefits.
Poor company culture does not foster a good working environment.
Unsupportive management.
excellent management
QA/DB Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
The hardest part of job is to follow deadlines and changes in projects.
All end-to-end
Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2013
Great co-workers. We're all work towards a goal and fun working with people.

1 2 3

About BMO Financial Group

The Bank of Montreal or BMO Financial Group, is the fourth largest bank in Canada by deposits. The Bank of Montreal was founded – Read more

BMO Financial Group Photos