BMO Financial Group Employee Reviews

great opportunities for growth within company
BRANCH OPERATIONS ADMIN SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2018
BMO has a good employee culture. Employees are encouraged to constantly improve processes to make it more efficient. Technology is always improving. Employees can voice out to management any concerns to improve working conditions.
Pros
opportunity for growth, flexibility in schedules
Cons
high targets
Bmo
Marketing Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
Wasn't here long enough to know how the company was
Great management
Easy to move around company with lots of opportunity and support from management
Changing technology and push for more profit results in less personal customer satisfaction
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC14 January 2018
Hardest part of job is pushing services to customers for the sake of meeting targets and not necessarily engaging customers in their best interests.

A culture of "more" means good for the bank but not in all cases being good for the bank's customers especially those who are technology challenged and are in the autumn of their lives.
Pros
Strong financially no threat of missing payroll
Cons
Long hours, unpaid overtime all for meeting higher targets.
professional work place
Montréal - Spécialiste (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
The pros about BMO are the following: At my work the atmosphere is really dynamic and professional. We always have a new challenge each day to acheive. At the end of my day I reflect always and I think on how I can improve and grow as well expand my knownledge to make customer experience effortless.
Pros
always fun activities
Cons
distance to get to work
Terrible management
Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 January 2018
From constant turnovers of bad manager after bad manager, to a dismal and depressing work environment where no one communicates with anyone else, this is an awful place to work. Unless you are a favourite of the managers and francophone, you can forget about any kind of promotion.
Cons
Desperately need better management
Work environment
Manager, Business Control Unit and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
BMO has a good culture. Employees are encouraged to constantly improve processes to make it more efficient. Employees can voice out to management any concerns to improve working conditions.
Boring work but great team
Summer Intern, European Money Markets (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 January 2018
-Worked with an amazing team that made it fun to come to wok every day
-Work hour are brutal, but its a perk of the job
-Work is very repetitive on the day-to day basis
Cons
bad hours
Very professional working environment
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
BMO has a very professional working environment. different QA teams work together for a release. to learn about The QAT lab and different releases on different machines was initially hard. Had so much fun everyday.
great work life balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
working in the Private banking for a few years now i have come to appreciate the culture and the work life balance that is promoted. Management is by far the best that I have experienced - they are caring, helpful, and want you to succeed.
Review Rating
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Working for BMO Financial Group has an overall "good feel" to it. The Pros are a combination of work/life balance & flexible management. Job security is understandably better than its competitors as well.
Productive and fun job
Service Representative RBTPO Cards after Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Very fast pace, everyday is something new to learn, managers are very helpful, everyone is very friendly, there is always something to do and lots of place to growth professionally.
good company
Senior Analyst - Investment Banking (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
good pay
good entry into other industries
fast paced
good bonus
prestigious bank that opens doors down the line
-good teammates who are all competent
enjoyed my time there
Working hard pays off!
Executive Assistant to the Head, Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
A typical day at work was different all of the time - approving hours, invoices, expenses, calendar management, etc.
I learned that hard work pays off in the long run!
Management was great - easy going, hard working, team oriented, great direction.
Workplace culture was very open and team oriented.
Hardest part of the job was there was always long hours and A LOT of duties to manage.
Most enjoyable part of the job was how well everyone got along.
Pros
Greamt manager at one point
Cons
Way too long of hours which happened often
Pro active enviroment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto3 January 2018
Dynamic and functional. Provides challenges that makes the work environment a learning experience. There is always something new to learn.As with any large organization there is always room for growth and new opportunities.
Productive and gratifying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
Good place to work, grow, and learn. Would recommend to someone who is searching for a career or part time employment. They offer training programs for career advancement.
Serious workplace; mistakes aren't tolerated
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto3 January 2018
Lots of finger pointing when things go wrong. Many leaders have been around for far too long and think they're really special.
Having said that, transformation is happening...but slowly.
no internal opportunity
AML investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
there was not much of internal promotion within the team. mostly hire from the outside of the organization. no transparency. always talks about cost saving.
nice experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON1 January 2018
nice experience of customer service, doing admin duties as well. improved my communication skill and time management skill. great neighbourhood to serve.
Cons
human resource management
Productive days with clients
CUSTOMER SERVICE RESPRENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 January 2018
Everyday we check on the machines to see if the have enough money for the self serve customers. Do the night deposits, then open the doors for clients to see the people in the office for appointments or the CSR for help with their banking. On a daily bases we answering incoming calls, fax papers to other branches and make out going calls to customers and book appointments. Balance at the end of the end.
productive and friendly environment
Head Teller during my second year of service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2017
I started working for the bank of Montreal right out of high school. I started as a teller, and was later promoted to head teller. I learned a lot and was eager to advance within the company. I loved working with the public, and met may interesting people, as well as some great friends.After 2 years as head teller, I was promoted to a customer service representative. My duties were to solicit new business, sell product and services. I would as sell bonds and other investments. I t was a very relaxed work place. We all worked as a team. The hardest part of leaving was losing contact with all the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.