BM Metals Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced, fun work environment with great teammates
Administrative Assistant/Dispatch (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Free Costco cards
Cons: Low wages
The day usually starts out with lining up my drivers with the days work with their daily schedules. Mornings are normally super busy, because there's also a line-up of trucks waiting to be weighed in to pick up their load of scrap steel to bring out of town.

During the day, I take customer orders and determine what kind of service they require. I am responsible for all data entry for both divisions that I oversee.

I am responsible for AR accounts by processing payments and posting them to customer accounts. I create and manage new customers accounts. I create invoices for payments received for the materials we sell, and I create and manage all customer invoices.

I serve as front line supervisor to my drivers and handle all issues that may arise.

I have learned new programs and I've honed in the skills I already possessed before working here. i.e. I've become more proficient at Excel.

I get along well with my manager who I interact with on a daily basis. He's a great boss, who possesses an abundance of patience, care and empathy.

I work with a great group of people. We're not only co-workers, we've become more like family.

The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy all of our customers needs when our equipment gets low.

The thing I like best about this job would be my customers. I've built a great rapport with all of them and they are very appreciative of the service that I provide to them.
Enjoyable place to work
Industrial Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee), SudburyMarch 18, 2014
Pros: full time work and basic benefits within months
Cons: lack of organization and communication
A nice group of people to work with.
Steady work until my layoff.
Somewhat disorganized and leaderless.
Management took little responsibility when problems or mistakes were occurred.
Productive, hard working jobs
HPW/Vac Truck (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 8, 2015
I very much enjoy this job, it is fast pasted and hard working environment. I work full time employment and enjoy the crew that I work with, it is great experience and helpful for expanding job knowledge, I highly recommended it for those looking a challenging job.
fun place to work
Ironworker (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 24, 2014
great hours
average pay
great co-workers and awesome managers to work with
lots to learn
fun and good laughs everyday makes work go by alot faster
average work
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Sudbury ontNovember 12, 2012
enjoyed my time there a good team to work with but a slow growing company