BM Metals Employee Reviews

run for your life
Laborer Duties (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 September 2017
Do not take a job from BM Metals. Their schedule is provided 24 hours prior to start of shift. It's the responsibility of the employee to call in daily to determine if you work the next day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they treat you like a slave
could be better
Underground Labourer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, ON8 October 2015
decent work environment but lack of hours management not open to advancement. lack of communication, difficult to get required ppe for a job.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced, fun work environment with great teammates
Administrative Assistant/Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 June 2015
The day usually starts out with lining up my drivers with the days work with their daily schedules. Mornings are normally super busy, because there's also a line-up of trucks waiting to be weighed in to pick up their load of scrap steel to bring out of town.

During the day, I take customer orders and determine what kind of service they require. I am responsible for all data entry for both divisions that I oversee.

I am responsible for AR accounts by processing payments and posting them to customer accounts. I create and manage new customers accounts. I create invoices for payments received for the materials we sell, and I create and manage all customer invoices.

I serve as front line supervisor to my drivers and handle all issues that may arise.

I have learned new programs and I've honed in the skills I already possessed before working here. i.e. I've become more proficient at Excel.

I get along well with my manager who I interact with on a daily basis. He's a great boss, who possesses an abundance of patience, care and empathy.

I work with a great group of people. We're not only co-workers, we've become more like family.

The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy all of our customers needs when our equipment gets low.

The thing I like best about this job would be my customers. I've built a great rapport with all of them and they are very appreciative of the service that I provide to them.
Pros
Free Costco cards
Cons
Low wages
Productive, hard working jobs
HPW/Vac Truck (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 January 2015
I very much enjoy this job, it is fast pasted and hard working environment. I work full time employment and enjoy the crew that I work with, it is great experience and helpful for expanding job knowledge, I highly recommended it for those looking a challenging job.
fun place to work
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 May 2014
great hours
average pay
great co-workers and awesome managers to work with
lots to learn
fun and good laughs everyday makes work go by alot faster
Enjoyable place to work
Industrial Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sudbury18 March 2014
A nice group of people to work with.
Steady work until my layoff.
Somewhat disorganized and leaderless.
Management took little responsibility when problems or mistakes were occurred.
Pros
Full time work and basic Benefits within months
Cons
Lack of organization and communication
average work
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sudbury ont12 November 2012
enjoyed my time there a good team to work with but a slow growing company