Blyth Academy is a growing private school with campuses in Yorkville, Thornhill, Lawrence Park, Port Credit, Burlington, Whitby, Barrie, Ottawa and London offering a full-day program as well as evening, weekend and summer programs.
We are seeking highly qualified, dynamic Senior Level Math/Physics and English teachers to teach private courses, one on one, at our Port Credit Campus.
To start as soon as possible, schedules range between weekdays/weeknights and Saturdays.
If you feel that you have the qualifications we require, and would like to be a part of a dynamic, progressive experience in high school education, we invite you to apply. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Description: teach Ontario Secondary School Science curriculum at a high level
- Ensure students are provided with appropriate materials to prepare for the credit course
- Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success
- Demonstrate an engaging teaching style for a small-class-size environment
- Maintain frequent and effective communication with students, parents and administration
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) certification
- Outstanding expertise in specified subject area(s)
- Innovative curriculum delivery
- Ability to provide effective experiential learning
- Experience working with students in small classes would be an asset
- Evidence of cooperative initiatives
- Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Michael Booth, Head of School