Blyth Academy is a growing private school with campuses in Yorkville, Thornhill, Lawrence Park, Port Credit, Burlington, Whitby, Barrie, Ottawa and London offering a full-day program as well as evening, weekend and summer programs.
We are seeking a highly qualified, dynamic Senior Level Biology teacher to teach private course, one on one, at our Port Credit Campus (SBI4U).
To start as soon as possible, Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00pm or 5:30pm - 8:30pm or 9:00pm
If you feel that you have the qualifications we require, and would like to be a part of a dynamic, progressive experience in high school education, we invite you to apply. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Description: teach Ontario Secondary School Science curriculum at a high level
- Ensure students are provided with appropriate materials to prepare for the credit course
- Provide students with various evaluation opportunities for success
- Demonstrate an engaging teaching style for a small-class-size environment
- Maintain frequent and effective communication with students, parents and administration
- Ontario College of Teachers (or equivalent) certification
- Outstanding expertise in specified subject area(s)
- Innovative curriculum delivery
- Ability to provide effective experiential learning
- Experience working with students in small classes would be an asset
- Evidence of cooperative initiatives
- Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Michael Booth, Head of School